Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2012

Will try an get a walk in today.Presently suffering from shingles.Not fun.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

ow mum, that's no fun at all.  Hope it eases soon.

Walked for an hour this morning then did an hour of yoga.  Lovely long nap followed lunch.

Now to start supper: lamb chops, quinoa with mushrooms, and swiss chard.  :-)

Have a wonderful week ahead ladies!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,531
    edited June 2012

Cheryl, you know what comes next....mud wrestling! Tongue out

Mum, youch, hope you heal fast. And that reminds me, I guess I should ask about the shingles vaccine at my next checkup.

Keep up the great work, Trichick! Enjoy every day 'til Tuesday, and after that you will be nearing the finish line.

I had to do 'make up' exercise from taking a few days off during vacation. Walked an hour & did 2 FIRM toning DVDs, one upper and the lower body for a total of 60 more minutes.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2012

Trichick- again, you are amazing. You are blowing me away!

Took a great hike yesterday, spent today boating and swimming in the ocean. Broke my pinky toe yesterday- my foot is swollen and purple. But, had such a great time that I do not even care! It will heal :)

Mary and Badger- LOVE the pic!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2012

Walked for 40 minutes this morning and tried to swim at a friend's lake this afternoon. First time since BMX and frozen shoulder. I was so excited to be back in the water that I may have overdone it a little. Shoulder/ neck are sore.

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited June 2012

Popping back in after a couple of weeks of just usual daily stuff (like going to and from work...).

My hubby bought us a second hand treadmill that he picked up on the weekend and tonight after work I hopped on and did a 40 minute fat burner workout. It felt soooo good. We used to have a treadmill and when it broke we didn't replace it - I forgot how convenient it was.

I am 4 weeks past my last Taxol (still doing 3 weekly Herceptin) and am due to start 28 days of rads tomorrow. Have been enjoying getting my energy back and am not looking forward to losing the energy again :-(

Jenn

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

You might not your lose energy during rads. I felt really good. My theory on the reasons why is that my body was sooooo glad to be done with chemo, and I was mentally soooo happy to be done with chemo, that everything else was uphill from there!

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

Trichick, that is amazing. I got tired just reading about it. ;-)

Yesterday the power went out 10 minutes into my yoga DVD. Too hot to do much outside, and no A/C, so DH and I went out to do some shopping and get lunch. Still no power, so I went to the library and went to a bar to watch the England vs. Italy soccer match. It was about a 15 minute walk in 90+ heat to join him at the end, so that was my aerobics for the day! 

Feeling a bit tired this morning, but all in all the 3rd B12 shot seems to have been the charm...feeling much less fatigued overall. 

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2012

Mum, hope you feel better soon. My mom had shingles and it was not fun, as you said.

Walked 10 km along the Rhine River. It was fun to watch all that goes on along the way.

• ginger48
    edited June 2012

Got a 30 minute walk in just before the thunderstorms rolled in.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012
    An hour walk (still looking for the cat Frown), 25 minutes FIRM Ab Sculpt.
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited June 2012
    ((hugs)) Ruth I hope your kitty shows up.I am too wiped out from this virus will give it a break this week.Tongue out
  • TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2012

Ruth, I really hope and pray you find your kitty!

I did a functional strength class at Ezia this morning.  http://eziahp.com/
    Loved the class but pretty sure I cannot afford ($$$) to go there on a regular basis!  Followed up teaching my cycle class at the Y!  Surely tired and hungry now....must rest up for treatment tomorrow. 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited June 2012

Hi everyone, so I go to Hot Yoga class today. Problem, their a/c went crazy and it was over 100 degrees in the room. My class says Flow - No Heat. I was pissed. I walked into the room and almost passed out. She tells me to come back tomorrow or Wed.  Don't know yet. Tonight I am going to Zumba. Did nothing all weekend, did not feel well, however we drove to beach Sat. night, and we walked the boardwalk. That was good enough.

I have been cleaning garage all morning after attempting to go to Yoga class. I consider that my exercise for this a.m.

I also found my DVD Yoga for beginners. I am so happy. Forgot that I had it and also just received my 2nd set of Zumba cd set, this is Exhilarate.

Ruth, did your cat return???

Have a great day all and stay cool and/or dry.

Hugs.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2012

ooooh have not been here in a LONG time but I HAVE been exercizing anyhow...paddling 2 and 3 times per week and, up until a month ago, was dancing once a week as well. Tomorrow I will be walking to and from work, sinc eI amringing in my car, and then will be going to a dance class from 7-9.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2012

Good evening all. 

Sandee: So good to hear from you! Staying active as always, I see.

Mum: Hope you get better soon. 

cfdr: Yea! The shots are working!

Ruth: Please tell us your cat has come back home. I know this is very stressful for you. 

Hello to everyone.

I walked/ran the neighborhood tonight. The big bad heat will be settling in later this week. Now it's just bad heat. Not looking forward to it.

Stay cool. 

• ronqt1
    edited June 2012

Went to Zumba tomight. Got through whole crazy latin/bollywood class until stretching at the end.

On July 4th there is a zumbathon at my gym with two instructors and a professional dancer who will dance salsa with each and every student. I signed up as soon as I saw it advertised.

Ruth, is cat back yet??

Hugs,

• misswim
    edited June 2012

Its official. Broke my fourth and pinky toe and hairline fracture to a few bones on the top of my foot. I looked at the x-rays as they were being taken and it was VERY ugly. I'm incredibly bummed. Have to elevate and stay of it until I see the ortho on Weds.  Did some pilates this morning and some floor work yoga, but did not feel like much of a workout.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

No cat. I am sad.......

Youch, I would be bummed too, misswim. That is rotten!

• hipline
    hipline Member Posts: 72
    edited June 2012

3.5 mile hike up Temescal Canyon.  Stretching now...

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited June 2012

Ow for the broken foot! :-/

Had first of 28 days of rads today. Was so grumpy about this whole thing that I came home and did a 40 min fat blaster workout on my new treadmill. Was soooo sweaty at the end but it felt good to get rid of some of the frustration.

Jenn

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

hi ladies and welcome Hipline.  Ow misswim, broken toes and no workouts, double bummer.

Walked the neighborhood yesterday morning and the Capitol at lunchtime, also got out this morning.  Hard to get up at 4 am but so worth it to feel the cool morning air and watch the sun rise.  The morning star (planet actually - Venus) was especially bright this morning.  Love the thought that it's shining over all of us, all over the world.  ((hugs))

• TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2012

Ruth - I am stilling praying for your kitty's safe return!

missswim - totally bummed about your toes! boo!  Sending you fast healing thoughts.

I am up early (steroids yesterday in prep for treatment today) -  Treatment #7/8 today, only 2 more...I beginning to plan my "I am done with this $h!t" party, late August - planning that keeps me in a decent mood!

Off to the pool in a bit for a swim Laughing then off to chemo Yell

• ronqt1
    edited June 2012

MissSwim, sorry for your toes,

Ruth, still praying that your kitty comes back.

Still sore from Zumba last night, so will probably just walk and walk.

hugs,

• ruthbru
    edited June 2012

Welcome Hipline!

Thanks for the good cat wishes. At this point, she will either come home or she won't. Cry

TriChick, give us the date of your party and we will have an online toast with you!

Got up early (by my standards, not Badgers!Tongue out), walked and did 35 minutes of toning. I have lists of things I need to get done, and no ambition to do them......

• hipline
    hipline Member Posts: 72
    edited June 2012

Thank you for the welcomes!  I swam a mile today, 72 lengths of the pool.  It felt good and is the best thing I have discovered for my left side - where I had the nodes removed and MX.  

I hope the cat comes home with a prize for you :) 

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

Ruth, don't give up hope! Our neighbor's cat disappeared for weeks, and then we found him hiding under our front porch. Don't think he'd been there the whole time, but who knows.

Got back late from a hectic day, haven't done a thing yet! Got my first haircut since October, though. My hairdresser says the roots are coming in darker, so maybe I can ward off the total white hair for a few more years yet.

• misswim
    edited June 2012

I bit the bullet with my taped up splinted toes and went to hot yoga. Modified alot, but got a good workout. Lots of one-legged planks! We will see how it feels tomorrow!

• ginger48
    edited June 2012

Ruth our cat went missing for a week once and then showed up. We think he wandered into someone's garage and they went away for a vacation. Hope he turns up.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2012

misswim: glad you were able to get to yoga with your splint.

Ruth: all of these cats who returned home stories are encouraging.

cfdr: I bet your hair looks cute!

Welcome hipline! 

Walked/ran at the park this evening. Tomorrow the heat descends. By the weekend the heat is predicted to be over 100. Ugh.