Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2012

33 miles, ~1500 ft of climbing on the road bike yesterday and 6.5 mile run today...fortunate, counting my lucky stars and smiling!  Need to rest, nap, read and watch Dr. Who the rest of the day (aside from baking a fresh strawberry cake and maybe some strawberry scones!). 

Blood work tomorrow afternoon, hope my WBC count is good!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

Walked for an hour this morning, went 4 miles.  Fingers crossed for good results TriChick!

Happy Sunday everyone.  Thinking of you today patoo, hope you're OK.  ((hugs)) to all

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

40 minutes yoga this morning...exhausted me...grrr...

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2012

50 minutes home practice vinyasa flow this morning; DH and DS and I did a hike on trails near our house, about 3 miles, plus a run up 200 stairs at the ski jump in our town, then DS and I climbed to the top of the jump. I was DIEING. Heart beating out of my chest, swaeting bullets, thought I was going to puke cardio! Then spent a great afternoon with friends at a father's day babrbeque!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2012

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8468157/worlds-oldest-yoga-teacher-is-93-year-old

This woman is amazing! I can imagine you at 93 like this, misswim.

Did resistance training today. Still can't seem to go for a run outside. Maybe this week.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited June 2012

Cheryl - had to laugh at you not recognizing your instructor in "real" clothes.  It brought back one of my favorite memories of my dad.  When I was growing up, the neighbors in back of us had two college-age daughters who spent most weekends sunbathing in the back yard in their bathing suits (back in the 60's when we didn't know better).  So you got used to chatting with them in their bathing suits.  My dad worked for the federal government and that winter, he had a meeting at another agency.  At the meeting, one of the young female secretaries came over and greeted my dad and started talking to him.  It was one of the neighbor daughters, but it took my dad a few moments to place her in that environment.  He finally blurted out, in front of everyone in the meeting, "Oh Susan - sorry!  I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!"  As you can imagine it took him years to live that one down!  Laughing

I think I gave myself an abdominal hernia Friday with my core workout.  There's a bulge just below and to the right of my belly button that definitely wasn't there on Friday but was there on Saturday.  Calling the doctor today.  Two steps forward, one step backwards.  Sigh.

On a good note, I'm so looking forward to meeting Badger this week in DC! I seem to end up dragging all the Sculpted Sisters I meet to a baseball game, right Cheryl?  Wink

• misswim
    edited June 2012

Heidihill- Thanks you! I loved that. 93 would be a dream.......

Mary- OUCH! Take care.

Cheryl, I often hardly recognize my instructors outside of the studio....

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2012

Nordic dog walking, brunch with friends, then sculpt-n-garden. I haven't been able to work much in my garden since my diagnosis one year ago (tomorrow is the day I got the news last year) and it felt SO good to plant some seeds and plants! Sunflowers, daisies, basil and more.

• TriChick
    TriChick Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2012

Strength workout 7am and taught cycle class 9:15 at the Y.

WBCs are good, 7.9 - phew!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2012

I had a delicious meal with Ruth and cfdr in Raleigh, NC tonight!!! Such wonderful ladies! 

Ruth's sister and family friend also joined us. 

Ruth and I met last year. It was really nice meeting cfdr this year. In so many ways we've all walked the same walk from afar. Wish we could meet to eat, drink, talk and then go for a nice long walk together. 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012

Wonderland how exciting you got to hang out with Ruth again this year and so nice that cfdr was able to join you oh and Ruth's sister looks just like her - they have the same smileSmile.  Tri congrats on the good WBCs.  NWArt may your garden bloom and grow, sunflowers are beautiful and a lovely way to commerate your anniversary.  Mary ow ow ow I hope you are okay didn't Ruth have a hernia maybe a year or so ago???  Got a good laugh at you dad's story I'll bet his face was red when he realized what he said and I hope you and Badger enjoy yourselves half as much as we did - and you'll be on home ground so you'll be able to take her on the "Nats walk".

Tonight I did half a Body Attack class and then a spin class.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited June 2012

hi ladies, walked yesterday morning but forgot my pedometer, didn't clip it on at work either doggone it, so I'm not logging any miles for the day.  Finishing packing this morning so I'll have to get my exercise walking through airports today.  Got my pedo next to my passport so won't forget it today.

Mary, sorry to hear about the abdominal bulge, hope it resolves quickly.  So looking forward to meeting you!  I'll be wearing my Sculpted Sisterhood t-shirt and a Milwaukee Brewers baseball cap so that'll help you recognize me, that and the bright white legs. Embarassed  The Wisconsin accent will give me away for sure.   

Wonderland, thanks for posting the pics, what a nice-looking bunch of happy women!

See you guys Friday evening.  ((hugs)) to all

• ronqt1
    ronqt1 Member Posts: 565
    edited June 2012

Hi everyone

Great pics of Ruth, Wonderland, and family.

Missswim, considering yoga. I had 3 shots yesterday by pain management dr. to break up scar tissue so was in no mood to do anything yesterday, except feel sorry for myself. However, I am now going to go to gym, and see what yoga classes are offered there. There are tons of yoga classes in the neighborhood, but I would have to pay for them,b/c in the gym all classes are free. Of course, i will go on eliptical when there.

Have a great day.

Hugs,

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited June 2012

Wonderful pictures ruth, wonderland and cfdr!  Mary  Ouch - hope that that the abs are okay.   badger   Happy travels - how fun to meet up with Mary in D.C.!  The Nats baseball stadium is fantastic!  

Super hot day today - no outside activity, so did an hour of pilates chair and 30 minutes of jump board.  

DD made some incredible chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips - uh oh - need to workout extra hard tomorrow to work these babies off!  

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2012

C25K week 6 workout 1 done.

Great pix!

• ronqt1
    edited June 2012

Missswim!! Believe it or not I spent 45 minutes in my gym, 20 min epliptical, 10 on the bike, then 15 minutes of free weight machines. On the way home, I knew a place that opened up with the hot yoga and when I was just about to pass it I stopped, went in just to see what hot yoga was, and landed up in an intermediate class. I had no clue what I was doing, had to modify, sweat, sweat and more sweat. However, I did it and signed up a special they were running. Today I took what was called Flow. For me it is something completely different. The instructor said I did very well for a first timer. I was focusing the stretching of my right arm.

Just wanted you to know and am completely knocked out.

Hugs, thank you.

• NatsFan
    edited June 2012

Wonder - great pix - everyone looks fabulous!!

Well, I went to the doctor for the abdominal bulge, and yep - it looks like a hernia. I have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow morning.  Cheryl - I think you're right about Ruth going through this last year.  RUTH - HELP!! What was the surgery like?  I really really really don't want another surgery!!!! Yell  

Can't wait to see Badger Thursday - this is going to be so much fun.  And good timing for me - it'll get me out of my hernia pity party. Cry Poor Badger - our temps are forecast to be near 100 when she's here - tough to be a tourist in weather like that! That's the time where you spend a lot of time inside the Smithsonian museams and not wandering around the monuments out in the heat.  

Ran 2 miles this morning - at least I can do that.  The doctor said no yoga, Pilates, core work, or heavy lifting, but running, ellipticalling, etc. were fine.  Whew! We'll see what the surgeon says tomorrow about other activities and, if I need surgery, how urgent it is - I'd really like to wait a few weeks so I can get my work and personal life organized before.  

• misswim
    edited June 2012

Ronna- YIPEE!!! I am proud of you, that is great! It is some workout and the sweating is so detoxifying it is amazing. I cannot wait to hear more. I am SO glad you gave it a try. You are awesome :)!!!! Hugs to you. I am so thrilled to share my love of yoga it is my passion. And it will help so much with the scar tissue and ROM.

Off to sweat it out myself!

• misswim
    edited June 2012

Ronna- YIPEE!!! I am proud of you, that is great! It is some workout and the sweating is so detoxifying it is amazing. I cannot wait to hear more. I am SO glad you gave it a try. You are awesome :)!!!! Hugs to you. I am so thrilled to share my love of yoga it is my passion. And it will help so much with the scar tissue and ROM.

Off to sweat it out myself!

Edited to add: Has anyone heard from Orangemat?Missing Esther....

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368
    edited June 2012

Hey there, I'm still here. Thanks so much Misswim for the shout-out. I'm just finding that the less I'm vocal here on BCO, the less I'm finding last year's health issues are in the forefront of my mind. So it's emotionally healthier for me to stay away. I hope you all can understand. But I do come here often read up on how everyone's doing. But it's just time to move on past BCO for me. :)

Hugs to all!!

• ronqt1
    edited June 2012

CFDR: I am on Femara almost 2 1/2 years and never had chemo. I don't have the
    energy I did before bc. Of course I am older 63 and push as much as I can. I
    feel sluggish often also if that answers any of your questions

MissSwim, I bought yoga pants, two yoga tops, a mat and a towel that absorbs.
    I was not really sure what I signed up for so I went back, 30 days for $50.00 -
    It is a one time special - to get you in there. You can go as much as you want
    during the day, as much as you want any time until 1 month. Then of course you can continue at different packages. They have zumba at my gym, just holding off from any classes due to problems with scarring and seeing pain management guy. Really don't want anything to interfere with shots he gave me. I don't know when I will get off this merry go round.

Mary, I hope everything works out well with your hernia?? if that is it.

Esther, I agree with what you wrote. I go on and off, wanting to forget that bc has become a part of life and I have to move on. I manage to always come back. We understand.

Hugs,

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,854
    edited June 2012

Mary: sorry about your hernia. Ouch! I know you and Badger will have great fun together.

Orangemat: Do what is best for you. I come to the board for knowledge, strength and encouragement. I told Ruth last night that I have learned a lot about life and living from the Stage IV ladies. I also know that one day (God forbid) I may join them. I am better prepared for that now. Life is good!!!

cfdr: are you feeling okay today? Hope your fatigue doesn't have you down.

I walked/ran at the park tonight in the hot, humid air. I even added more distance. Yes indeed, life is very good!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2012

Awww Mary I'm sorry about your restrictions, Ruth will be back tomorrow and she'll be able to give you more info.  Ronna yeah for you I hope you enjoy your classes and I hope it helps with your scar tissue issueLaughing.  Esther of course we understand how you feel that is the beauty of BCO we "get it" and like Wonderland I have learned soooo much from the many fabulous beautiful amazing women on BCO.

Tonight I did a Body Step class and then CXWorks which is a half hour core/leg/shoulder workout.  CFDR I want you to know that I took a power nap before the gym tonight I was so tired when I came home from work I sat in my chair and nodded off, when I woke up it would have been so easy to blow off going to the gym but I dragged myself there and I can't do these classes at full speed like a 20 year old, I'm 62 and I make allowances for myself I know what I can and can't do, heck I used to be able to plank but I can't any more so I drop to my knees and do my planks that way it's just that I've adjusted to what works for me.

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited June 2012

Good morning everyone!  Walked everyday for the past 7 days.  Had my cousin in town and dragged her with me!  We are very close and she fly in to cheer me up and make sure I was doing OK.  It's hot today so the walk will be fun...NOT.  But I will do it anyway!

• ronqt1
    edited June 2012

Has anyone on this site taken Hot Yoga which I tried for the first time yesterday. I am 63 and on Femara so always warm anyway.  I was so excited to have taken my first yoga class but the room was 85 degrees. The best part of the class was at the end, I have no idea what you call it, you are just lying on the floor and the instructor comes around and puts some lotion on you and rubs your shoulders and head. Unbelievable.

Cheryl, I modify in zumba, have to, otherwise the ambulance would be called. Yesterday at my first hot yoga class, instructor told me to modify,which of course I did as well having other problems with my knees.

Today should be upper 90's here. Ugh too hot and development pool is not open yet.

• vballmom
    vballmom Member Posts: 153
    edited June 2012

Hello friends.  I haven't been here because I've barely been off the couch!  Last night I bought a beginner's yoga tape.  I made it most of the way through, which is a lot farther than I expected.  Decided to go for a walk - planned to go a few houses and back and ended up doing the full one-mile block. It felt great and I slept better than I have in a while.

Still very shaky from my #3 AC treatment, but I am learning about my good days and bad.

I think I want to spend the rest of my life in yoga pants. Laughing

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited June 2012

Ronna, haven't done Hot Yoga but would love to try it. At some point after treatment when I was so stiff from Femara I used to exercise and stretch in my bathroom, steamed up to a temperature of 100 degrees. Made it much easier to move and I loved the feeling of being drenched in sweat. I was hoping this was also helping me detox from treatment. 85 sounds like a more reasonable temperature. The higher the temp, the harder on the heart, I think.

Sorry about the hernia, Mary. That must hurt.

Went to exercise class and then Zumba yesterday. I feel like the morning class warms me up for Zumba at night. Today I walked/ran 2 miles on the treadmill. I was supposed to do the 30 minute run on c25k but was having a difficult time of it. I only made it to 20 minutes, then I saw I had the treadmill at an incline of 1 percent. Who'd have thunk 1% could make such a big difference?

• cfdr
    cfdr Member Posts: 308
    edited June 2012

It was wonderful meeting Alice & Ruth and Ruth's sister and friend. We had a wonderful time with lots of laughs!

• ronqt1
    edited June 2012

Heidi, you made me laugh, that's the answer. Stand in the bathroom and stetch with the hot water steaming up.  l love it. I am always stretching somewhere. People think I am nuts.

Not doing anything until tomorrow, have to go to a funeral later, and don't feel like washing my hair after a work out session. Due to the problems with my right arm (mast side), I will try and run in to a place for a blow out - even with a brazilian my hair went wild with the hot yoga. Sometimes I just don't have the strength to do it myself, especially for an occasion.

Ok have a fun work out day and feel good today.

• NatsFan
    edited June 2012

A bit of good news from the surgeon - he doesn't think it's an abdominal hernia, but is some sort of inflamed area connected with my DIEP - maybe a stitch that didn't dissolve.  He said it would be a simple surgery just to open a small incision, remove this area, and sew it back up.  That sounded good to me. 

But my DIEP was almost 4 years ago, and it seems odd that something would happen now.  He also said that there was a small chance it was actually a hernia, and if it was, then he'd fix it during the surgery.  He also said there was no way to tell until he actually got in there whether he'd have to do hernia repair surgery.  I asked him a few questions, and he was just a tad too glib for me - you know how some surgeons are?  He seemed surprised that I had questions and really couldn't explain some things I asked about. He apparently just assumed that I'd go along passively with all of his pronouncements.  He also irritated me slightly when during a discussion of my recon surgery, he talked about plastic surgeons as "plastics guys" - excuse me, my bs and ps were both female - believe it or not buddy they do allow women to be doctors these days.  So all in all I'm pretty sure I'm not going with him.  Since he seemed to think it was associated with my DIEP, I made an appointment with my PS at Hopkins for her to take a look at it.  This guy didn't seem to think there was any problem if I wanted to wait a few weeks for surgery, so that gives me time to get a second with a surgeon I trust.

I guess that's one good thing about going through this whole cancer thing - you get to be a pretty good judge of whether you want a particular doctor to be part of your medical team.  This guy got a big red X from me today.   

Ronna - I'm so heat senstive with Femara that just thinking about hot yoga makes me feel sick.  I think I'd either have to walk out or would pass out in about 10 minutes.  

30 minutes elliptical this morning.