Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2012

misswim - Sorry to hear about your Dad - how are you doing?

Not a lot of exercise the last few days, and the pants waistband reminds me I have been eating way to much.  Did get out for a long walk in the woods with hubby yesterday.  We were not on trails, and did manage to get a little lost, which had us going through what hubby kept calling "high water table area" when in fact it was a muddy swamp!  The icing on the cake was when we had to ford a stream and I misstepped and landed in the stream!  We had a good laugh over that one.  And it was very mild here yesterday, so no worries about freezing my toes off.  But that was one long walk we took, we were gone for nearly 3 hours.  Feeling it today in my legs, along with random scrapes and giant bruises.

Happy Monday everyone.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2012

Hour of Tracey Mallett Booty Barre - sweating and happy. Keeping my exercise inside these days as it's so cold here.  We've not had temps above freezing the past few days and nothing above 30 is forecasted all week.  So those in warmer temps, enjoy!!   

Mary  What a sight on your run, how fun!  I miss DC so much!   Yikes Pat, glad you're not more hurt.  The walk sounded great though.  

Hope that everybody is having a good start to the week.  

• FriendGwen
    FriendGwen Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012

Finally have something to post! Okay, nothing huge but I did walk for 45 minutes during my lunch break. Being that it's four days post first chemo treatment I'm happy with it!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Well my body feels like it went through a ringer.  Went to a 3 hour hoop dance event yesterday.  Can't say I hooped for three hours straight but I was wiped out afterward.  The day before that I spent 3-4 hours at a holiday festival, walking or standing the whole time.  Today I'm going to try to get in a normal walk around the neighborhood.

Claire, I laugh when you practially apologize for eating a non-indulgent meal.  I loved eating with abandon back when I was doing a lot more endurance exercise.  I still have to limit the junk and desserts now to avoid fat creep.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited December 2012

Zumba! today so much fun, got a good sweat. I have to limit the jumping cause of the bakers cysts on my knees. But I can feel my legs getting stronger.

• whaevah
    whaevah Member Posts: 282
    edited December 2012

5k on the treadmill and closet cleaning/purge , happy about that

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited December 2012

FriendGwen  - 4 days post chemo  --awesomeness!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,537
    edited December 2012

Went to a holiday after-school holiday get-together hosted by fellow teacher. Had two glasses of wine and sampled every single munchie on the table.....the devil made me do it!!! Tongue Out Came home & talked to my sister on the phone for a long time, she is super-stressed because she is hosting our whole family for Christmas, and there are some weird family dynamic things going on with certain family members, not to be named, which could make things pretty 'interesting'. So I tried to talk her off the ledge....plan what works for you & if others don't like it, that is their problem & they shouldn't have said they would come if they were going to be so picky. Anyway, I then walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes & did a little toning with Richard Simmons. I wrote 6 Christmas cards last night & 1 so far tonight, at this rate they should all be sent out by Christmas of 2016! 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

Just weighing in.  Did about 4 miles of walking, 3 of these to the optometrist and back.  Really glad I did walking as was stumbling back from the pupil dilation, gloppy contact lenses, and wearing sunglasses on a day where 9.5 on the Dismal Scale of 1-10.  Fortunately, Macrina Bakery was en route, so stopped in for a Breakfast Roll, which is some sort of reshaped croissant.  (Was hard to see exactly which shape.)

Once my eyes had settled so I could drive, off to a meeting.  Fortunately, it ended early, so drove back in daylight.  Then took a NAP, as was beyond beat.  My eyes are just fine, although vision is as sucky as ever.  (Extremely far sighted, etc.)  I have now recovered, but not fun.

More work this evening, and see by the clock that time to turn in.  Happy exercising everyone.  The big thing is to get out there winter or summer.  My rules are get out there unless: black ice, sidewise rain, temps with wind chill below -10F, winds where dangerous to venture outdoors, snow over 2' deep.

That leaves most of the winter for vigorous outdoor exercise.  I say "vigorous" becaust that way you stay WARM.

Plus, you get to eat the chocolate, squash soup, croissants, wine, pate and all the other things that make life a celebration. - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2012

good morning everyone, LOL Mary (sorry you missed WI Ave) and attawoman Gwen!

Heck, attawoman for ALL of us getting out there and moving.  Well, except for me...

The pile of work is so high I stuck to my desk yesterday and logged a measly 1.55 mi.

Ruth, tell your Packers-loving neighbor that 12/12/12 is Aaron Rodgers Day here in WI.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

Morning, all . . . just in from my 8 miler with the 2 fast ladies who are trying to kill me (or make me stronger????)

Mild morning, in the 40's now but supposed to get cooler later.

Hot yoga this afternoon.  Feels so good on the achin' muscles.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

Pilates this morning - figured I'd better get one last good core workout in before the surgeon goes rooting around in my abdomen to find that rogue suture this afternoon.  Surprised  One nice thing about surgery via local anesthesia - no food/drink restrictions like "real" anesthesia.   I hate that part.  It was nice to have a good breakfast this morning - oatmeal with a handful of blueberries thrown in.  

Ruth - so agree with your advice to your sister to plan what works for you and if others don't like it, that's their problem.  I said the same thing last night to a friend who is hosting Christmas dinner for her two daughters and their families.  One daughter is a vegetarian and eats no meat, while the other is on Atkins and eats almost nothing but meat!  I told her to heck with it - cook what you want with all the trimmings and the vegetarian can eat the sides and the Atkins one can eat turkey - and you can have a normal dinner for yourself.

Badger - LOL on the 12/12/12 Aaron Rodgers day - perfect! Cool  Whaevah - will you come purge my closets too??? Wink  Lulu - great run!!

• FriendGwen
    FriendGwen Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012

Walked during lunch for about 40 minutes and am dragging myself to the gym in an hour. There... I posted it. If I don't go then I have to come back and tell you all otherwise!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited December 2012

Did a low impact aerobics class then did my physical therapy stretches right after. So that is two days of exercise in a row. Gonna be working a lot now that the holiday is close.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,855
    edited December 2012

Mary: Hope today went well for you. Let us know how you're doing!

Ruth: Gotta love families! 

Gwen: Glad you had a good walk today! Have fun at the gym.

Good evening all. I finally got back to walking/running again today. It's been almost 3 weeks. Yikes! I wasn't feeling good (thus the colonoscopy I had last week). My report is good and I'm feeling much, much better. It felt GREAT to go to the park and exercise. There was no one there to bother me, that's the way I like it. It feels good to be getting back on track!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,537
    edited December 2012

An hour on the treadmill. A cold has caught me, so I feel fairly crappy.

Hope all is well, Mary.

Glad for your good report, Wonderland!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2012

Wonderland, happy for your good report and walk/run.  Ruth, take care of yourself!  Claire your standards for getting out there are awesome (unless black ice, sideways rain, etc).

Finally I did a long walk.  Went out for an hour.  There were so many cute Christmas displays.  There are a lot of little postage stamp sized lawns here and a lot of people go nuts and put decorations all over the trees, fences, house, roof, etc.  I've done exactly nothing to my house so far.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2012

Worked until 11pm last night but did take a quick break and run and did my Combat class and tonight did Body Step.

Mary hope all went well today, I looked up the Jingle Bell  run OMG it really looked fun, Ruth take care and take your own advice - gargle, gargle, gargle....

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2012

I had back-to-back meetings, but fortunately a break in between.  So got in about an hour of walking in the off leash area.  Amazingly, got only a bit damp as also between downpours. 

Off to bed in a few, and fortunately NOT an early morning ahead.  Grateful for a bit of a break.

Had lunch and dinner out, so not quite as healthy fare as I normally eat.  Really good though. - Claire

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2012

Off to the gym for a freestyle step class. I'm off to Rye after the gym to meet up friends for a chat. 

Got all xmas cards mailed out and half the gift parcels to UK family in the post - also in the process of finishing the tree trimming, turkey in the freezer, stockings and decs up, serving dinner on christmas plates, etc...  Well involved in the action of creating Christmas around me and for others.  Just can't quite get it going internally. I feel like I'm going through the motions, dull to a season that in the past, I looked forward to.  Perhaps as Christmas draws nearer, I'll get my holiday mojo going.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited December 2012

Claire, that is one thing I love about living in Greece, you can eat healthily, even when you eat out. We went out for dinner the other night and I had salad of shredded cabbage and carrot (standard winter salad here) dressed with lemon and olive oil (you dress it yourself at table, so you put as much or as little oil as you want), a plate of different veggies grilled, egg plant, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, onions and baked sardines.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,857
    edited December 2012

We love good news, Wonderland!! Keeping fingers crossed, Mary!

Did some ab exercises yesterday morning and Zumba last night. Have to go to a memorial service today. Don't know if I'll get time to exercise, but I will try anyway because I need to keep my immune system in top shape to fight cold buggers. DD was feeling crappy this morning. Feel better soon, Ruth.

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

90 minutes hot yoga last night. End of my semester, so I am exhausted and fried. Rxercise has been suffering alot :(

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2012

Made enough headway with my to-do list that I snuck away from my desk yesterday for a 20-minute walk in the parking garage at work.  Don't think I will try that again as it was not the best atmosphere (ugly & stinky - but not dangerously so) but it was fun to look at people's cars and it felt great to stretch my legs.  Will head over to the Capitol for a full 30 minutes today.

Went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for date night last night. Spinach enchiladas - yum!

Happy 12/12/12 everyone!  Cool

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited December 2012

Woohoo- I'm up to 30 minutes on the elliptical for 3800 steps- I actually broke a sweat :) i have my exchange surgery t the end of January. Sigh- get into reasonable shape again only to be laid up again...makes me wonder if its worth it :-0

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2012

Got a nice walk at lunch yesterday, then went to spin class after work.  What a great workout that is, and the 45 minutes just fly by.  I'm really beat after class, so had a lite dinner and crawled into bed early.  This is week 2 of spin class so not feeling as sore today as I did last week.  Got up and did classical stretch this morning, love her program.  And hope for a nice walk at lunch again today - it's colder here but the sun is out.  Been feeling a tad overwhelmed and stressed, exercise really helps with that, but I decided yesterday I am also dropping a couple of obligations (singing in choir at xmas - too many rehearsals, work holiday party - another night out, etc.).  Hoping that I can enjoy a reduced stress holiday season.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2012

Thanks for the good wishes - things went well - rogue suture found and removed.  Weird to be awake in the OR chatting and joking with the nurses and the surgeon during surgery!  At one point the surgeon poked a little painfully and I piped up to tell him, then said, "You're not used to having patients talk back to you from the table, are you?" He laughed and agreed.  The surgeon did take extra time to poke around to see if he could see any other rogue stitches and found nothing, so I'm hoping that's the last of them and the stupid thing will finally heal after 6 months.  Sheesh - talk about the Ghost of Surgeries Past coming back to haunt me! Cool

Feel better Ruth - nothing worse than feeling lousy when getting organized for Christmas. Wonder - congrats on the good report. 

• movetomaui
    movetomaui Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2012

OK ... no exercise for me since Sunday!  I had to post because I am feeling so guilty.  Have plans for a 5 mile treadmill power walk tonight.  

I had an additional/final fill on Monday.  All other fills came and went without any issues and actually relieved some discomfort.  This fill however, has really aggrevated the bottom of the TE right at my scar line (my MX was nipple-sparing).  I am also having muscle spasms which I had never had before.  I would have thought that by Wednesday my body would have gotten used to the new cc's.  Wonder if I should have some cc's taken out if the pain/muscle spasms don't stop.  Any thoughts?  My PS is one that overfills and that is where I am at (the mx boob is definetly larger than the unaffected natural, soon to be lifted boob).

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012

Spent 3 days over the weekend in the hospital for anemia and neutropenia. A couple of units of blood and lots of IV antibiotics got me discharged Monday but no chemo Tuesday as planned. Put off until next Tuesday for my first Taxol. BUT! Today I walked my 5 k circuit to the river and though it took me an hour I made it!

• movetomaui
    movetomaui Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2012

Marianelizabeth ... you are an inspiration!  Awesome Smile