Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2013

Congrats Lulu!

Missswim, exercise will give you more energy to unpack (not that you need to justify yoga.)

Momine sounds delicious. Your rice stuffing with lemon, nuts and herbs sounds excellent. I finally broke down and bought a rice cooker this week.  Made mixed brown rice and steel cut oats in it so far...much easier than stovetop, especially for the oats.

Jessica thank you for posting the article.  I found it interesting.

Today I grtitted my teeth, dusted off the mountain bike and went for my first trail ride in several years.  To my surprise I enjoyed myself.  Only went 12 miles on relatively gentle terrain, but it's a start!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2013

Did 75 mins water aerobics but nixed walking.  Weather is warm enough except for the high winds which, for some reason, I can't walk in.  Can go with them at my back (pushing me) but can't take walking into it. 

Later my sculpted friends.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

SAB.....I think gentle terrain for starters is an excellent idea.  Congrats on getting back out there.

I just did another 36 miles, and amazingly did not get wet.

Ruthbru.....enjoy this final round of graduations and parties.  A great way to ease into your new life.  As a reminder, a lot of the really fit cycling club crowd is retired.  They are the ones with the time to train.

I need to trudge over to the drugstore for a few things I have run out of, including vitamin D.  I buy the largest and cheapest jar I can find.  Plus, color for my not-quite-raven tresses.

Then, I need to get in some work.  More cycling tomorrow, as want to get in 100 miles total this weekend.  - Claire

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited May 2013

Congratulations Ruth!

Congratulations LuLu!

Lots of housecleaning yesterday - helping to get a relative's house ready to sell. Sweeping, raking, vacuuming, etc.

Today I had a nice walk/run.

• newyear13
    newyear13 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013

May 25th--4 mile fast walk/run

• Pashe309
    Pashe309 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013

Joined Fitness Evolution. Now I need a consistent exercise  plan that's fits in with radiation treaments, my work schedule, home and family.

I went this morning and did  3 miles on the treadmill and 2 miles on the  bike, baby steps.  Walking the dog a little bit further everyday...

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited May 2013

Pashe, those are not baby steps, lol. Way to go!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

Luvlulu, well done..I'm very inspired!

Hit the gym for body balance and pilates this morning. 

• SAB
    edited May 2013

Golfing!  I think it counts as exercise if I don't drink Innocent

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

75 minutes on the bike was 11 miles.  I was happy about that.  My DH was home so I locked myself in our room and went to town.  The kids were banging on the door but I just turned the volume up :)  I have lost 10 pounds since finishing chemo, dieting and exercise, about 5 more to go!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited May 2013

Welcome Pashe!

Good job, jen, on the diet and exercise both.

Still very gloomy and cold here. Read the paper in bed, did a FIRM sculpt DVD & Cardio Dance Party, took a shower & then went back to bed and read a book until we went out to lunch.....feeling very luxurious....maybe I will now take a nap!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2013

I finished the 100 miles I planned for this weekend!!!  So well-trained now, especially for cycling in wet weather. 

Today was especially nasty, but neither too windy nor too rainy to do a ride along Elliott Bay.  Normally, it would be packed on Memorial Day but a very sparse crowd today.  So in some way, rather nice.  And I did see some goslings with their parents along one section of the trail.

I would love to do a nap, but need to throw a shot of color on my tresses, and then get some work out.

Jen....congrats on all the movement forward.

Now on to the hair color, and also to wash my soaking cycling clothes. - Claire

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Did my 30 minutes hooping, a walk with the hubby, and some yardwork.  Very pleasant weekend.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited May 2013

Congrats Ruth and Lulu!  I was thinking about your move this weekend missswim, yes, we did have a crazy weather weekend, but glad that you are in your new house.  Yesterday was so beautiful that I hope you ignored your boxes for at least one more day, and got outside to enjoy the day.

Well, the shower is behind us now, it went very well despite a major hiccup - the mother of the groom was providing half the food.  I talked with her the night before the shower, and she said she would come a couple of hours early to help me set up.  Well, the shower started at 11, and by 11:30 no sign of her and she wasn't answering her phone!  Hmmm - I have 25 people jammed in my house because of the rain, so I needed a food plan B - I ordered pizza and DH went and got them.  Around noon mother of groom shows up with her half of the food, no explanation or apology...  This is only the 3rd time I have met her, I think we are not going to be close!  The important thing is my daughter had a wonderful time, got some nice things, and it was great getting everyone together.  25 days til the wedding!

So,  I am in an eating and exercise funk - making poor food choices and hardly moving at all - which in turn contributes to me feeling blah and not wanting to do anything.  I think I need some retail therapy, might go shopping after work today to get some summer tops.  Which of course does nothing for me exercising, but maybe will get me out of my funk.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited May 2013

Jen, great on the weight loss and Pashe - you are doing good!

Yoga at the gym this morning and then got to the supermarket on the way home.  Just as I was putting the groceries away, the heavens opened up. I've checked the online report and rain all day.Undecided  I wanted to run and will be on the look out for another lull in the weather.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited May 2013

Jen, good for you, lol. It is key to take care of yourself.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited May 2013

jen  Congrats on the weight loss and keeping active!  LilacBlue  Strange weather lately, isn't it?  We are wishing that the furnace had not been turned off last month!   ruth   I'm jealous of your new schedule!  pat   hmmmph about the future MIL.  welcome Pashe ~

Hour of pilates reformer, good new routine with nice shoulder stretches.  

• SAB
    edited May 2013

pat, that is some bizarro behavior from the new MIL!

jen, you make me laugh with your description of your kids and your efforts to exercise.  Being wanted as a mommy sure has its ups and downs!  

I had my eyes dialated this morning and I'm still blurry...so I'm trying to decide what I can do today.  Treadmill seems the safest option.  Back to the gym tomorrow.

• nicole503
    nicole503 Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013

I'm starting to really love my 30 minute daily brisk walks!  Being able to get out and exercise 5 out of 7 days of the week makes each one a little easier.  Soon I hope to add it more jogging!

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Worked at school all day. (Yes, I am still there. I need to wrap up my own things, plus I said I'd help with scheduling....which is such a nightmare that I should get paid!).

Anyway, I bought some more flowers on my way home, planted them and then went  for an hour walk. It is supposed to rain again tomorrow so I needed to get the plants in and me out!

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2013

Been able to get one brisk walk in daily, and doing my new upper body strength training every other day. Wish I could do more, but this will have to do for right now. I love reading everything you gals get up to. Inspiring.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2013

Did my hoop challenge day 28.  I'm feeling kind of joyless lately toward both hooping and walking.  Probably need to shake things up and/or take a break.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2013

Shake things up!! Smile

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited May 2013

Hit the gym for my Body Step class tonight, oh my poor knees - creak/crack. Pat how inconsiderate of the woman grrrrrrrr. Ann yes shake things up maybe do a dance class. MostlySew you'll work your way back slowly but surely.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited May 2013

Hi guys - wow - I've missed a week or so of checking in and I've got 4 or 5 pages to read!  Great how everyone is keeping so busy.  Badger - watching legislation is worse than watching sausage being made, I think!  Ruth - I was going to say congrats on being a lady of leisure, but it sounds like you're busier than ever.  I'm so glad for you.  Patoo - so sorry about the hip, but as everyone else has noted, everyone I know who has done it is thrilled with the results and they love being pain free.  Ann - I have my own hoop now! The hooping instructor made one for me - I got to pick the colors, so it's has sparkling blue and green tape with blue and green accent tape.  She had me try out several till I found the size and weight that was comfortable for me.  Pat - how bizarre of your daughter's future MIL.  Well, now you know not to rely on her for anything in the future, so a valuable lesson learned.  (By the way, there's a great Yiddish word- machetunim (rhymes with "Bach a tune him") that means your child's in laws - we need a word like that in English to describe that relationship!)

Haven't been checking in because I've been very bad about exercising.  Had to do 6 sessions with the LE therapist over a 3 week period but finally getting the truncal LE that flared under control.  That was a bad one!  Then I picked up some cough and sinus thing - not enough to stay home from work, but every time I'd try to exercise I'd get a coughing fit.  I know, excuses, excuses!  Let's just way I'm just chalking May up as a lost month, and will move on to June! 

Signed up for a 5K on June 8 so that will be my incentive to get back to exercise.  It's a neat 5K - it's in a tiny town in Maryland called Williamsport, and was the hometown of Nick Adenhart - he was a young pitcher for the Anaheim Angels who pitched a great game for his first start of the 2009 season, then was tragically killed by a drunk driver on his way home that night.  His family started a foundation in his name to provide financial support to local youth baseball leagues, and the 5K benefits that foundation.  The whole town turns out for it.  It starts at the high school baseball field where he played, then goes through the center of town, even at one point running through the cemetary where he's buried.  It's a real community event, and we love being part of it.

• SAB
    edited May 2013

A nice morning.  Early yoga, followed by a challenging spin class and then an impromptu walk with my friend and her dog.  I didn't get my errands done, but who cares!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited May 2013

hi everyone and welcome Pashe. Just a quick post as thunderstorms are rolling in and I need to log off and power down the PC.  Nicole, I love my half-hour walks.  Been doing them at lunchtime but getting too hot so maybe time to start getting up a little earlier and walking 30 mins first thing.  Would miss getting away from my desk tho.  Logged 14.02 km = 8.71 miles since last post. ♥

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2013

Managed 3.5 miles today, many of them at the ocean with hubby. It was beautiful out there. Also did 30 minute strength training and stretching. Slowly but surely.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,856
    edited May 2013

Mary: Hope you continue to improve. The 5K in memory of Nick Adenhart sounds so respectful to a life lost way too soon.

Good evening all and welcome Pashe.

I did my usual walk/run this evening, although I walked more than ran. Just wasn't feeling too much running tonight.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited May 2013

Mary, the 5k run sounds like a great cause as well as interesting. Welcome Pashe. Mostlysew, I am envious of the beach walks.....

Went to the gym today. Did 20 minutes on the Elliptical and 20 minutes on the bike plus weights. Off to soak my sore muscles in a hot bubble bath.