Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Wish we had a 'like' button.....

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

Thanks for the tips! And for asking about my bf.she came through surgery well but pathology won't be available til next week. We all know how that waiting feels...it's hard.

Today I squeezed an early morning 5k in before getting on the road. Too hot, even early in the am. Had to run intervals for the last mile.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

SAB glad the surgery went well and yes the waiting is the pits, when i think back i was so naive, the heat broke this afternoon ahhhh the lovely sea breeze.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Ruth I like your 7 hour a week quota method.

30 minutes hooping today.  Carried several buckets of water, scrubbed a door frame, and walked across a big parking lot.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

3-hour Les Mills dance marathon and 20 km bike ride to get there and back. I can barely walk this morning.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Took the dogs for a longer than usual walk this morning and then spent a few hours doing housework, which involved plenty of stretching, reaching, bending and squatting. You know, it occured to me that if I'm conscious of those motions as I go about routine activities, I can do them slowly, carefully and with good form so it really does make sense to count them as exercise. Unfortunately I have to start work in about an hour and that will be the end of my physical activity for the day.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Did a cardio dance an video this morning before spending the afternoon aqua jogging and swimming. Will do a few minutes of toning before calling myself done....

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Walked for an hour again. This time I borrowed my husband's Garmin. So now I know that my hour equaled 3.5 miles.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited September 2013

30 minutes FIRM Rock Solid Buns & 45 minutes walking hills. Nice day here!

• SAB
    edited September 2013

Hey Dulci, good pace!

Back in my beloved No Cal. Dh punished me for reckless and wonton car trip munchies with a very brisk and hilly hike. Short bike trip coming right up too. Happy to be home.

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

Is it, SAB?

I have no idea what a good walking pace is. Just wished the dumb Garmin said "5" when I finished! Lol.

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Managed another quick late night walk after working til 10 PM - needed it for the stress relief if nothing else.

• _Ann_
    edited September 2013

Hill hike tonight, a bit over an hour.  Lots of cleaning and scrubbing earlier-- I'm cleaning out an unfinished garage.  Every surface is filthy and there are loads of shelves, ugh!  I'll be so glad when the house is sold.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited September 2013

wow hadnt posted in a while so many impressive accomplishments on here it's an inspiration. Plus today I saw on the news a 64 year old woman swam from cuba to the US. 

I did pliates today. Not sure how much I got out of it there are so many poses I can't  do like side plank, even my regular plank isnt perfect. My arms do feel tired though. I need more cardio though to help me lose weight but I kinow strength training is imprtant too. I wish I had a more regular scecudule I enver know what classes I can take since my hours are diffeernt every week. But I jsut go to wahtever class they have when I can go usually its zumba which I love.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

SAB, well done on the new job and I'm sure you will find a way to fit cycling and classes at the gym in.  Great to read everyone keeping on so well. Got to the gym for body balance today - first day back since surgery on July 31st.  Never knew a downward dog could be so wonderful.  I'm easing back in to my classes at the gym if and when I can and will start running perhaps on Thursday.

Thank you so much for your support.  Many hurdles to jump as the date of dh's treatment looms - Sept 23rd. This week dentist and more tests, chemo picc to be placed soon and feeding tube surgery will be on September 18th.  I'm supporting my guy, cooking delicious meals and trying to keep my depression masked.  Hubby is such a trooper.  Our son starts school tomorrow and that is about it.  Thank you for your prayers and shout outs now and then.  I'm really trying to stay in the moment and pleased to have a exercise reason to post - for a change.

((((Joy))))

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning then did some walk/run intervals sans dogs. Went to the gym on my lunch break to do strength training.

• SAB
    edited September 2013

Lilac, I'm glad to hear you are back at the gym.  I hope that your dh's surgery and treatment goes well.  You are probably a big part of why he is a trooper!

Hi Dulci.  For me a slow run (jog) is 5.0 or a 12 minute mile.  4.0 is a 15 minute mile, and a very brisk pace.  I am math challenged but I think that 3.5 is just over a 17 minute mile, which is brisk. You did good!

I spent an hour on the elliptical this morning.  Dh tells me he's coming home early enough for a short ride.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Walked and a FIRM pilates with toning bands DVD.

Thinking of you, Lilac. Glad you are able to get some exercise in.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Good to see you Lilacblue... Glad you are getting some exercise as I am sure it is a great stress relief which you need. Praying for your hubby to sail thru treatment.

Did HITT training on the treadmill today plus weights.

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

Thanks, SAB! I'm extra glad to hear that since I DID NOTHING TODAY!

But I did nothing on purpose. DH (aka "Triathlon Man") told me I should have a rest day occasionally. Trying not to feel the flab creeping back toward my behind....lol.

My Army son runs a 7 minute mile, so I will always feel slow!
  • AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Managed to go swim a few laps after work and now going to put in a little more overtime.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited September 2013

Ruth: Great pictures!

(((Lilac and dh)))

Walked this morning. Not as fast as I usually do and no running.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

(((LB))) glad to know you made it back to the gym and yes it is a great stress reliever.  Tonight did a modified Step class, followed by Boot Camp.

Thinking of you (((Joy)))

• _Ann_
    edited September 2013

(((LilacBlue)))

About 2 mile easy hike tonight, and a few minutes of hooping.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

So glad to see you posting again, LilacBlue! Went to my first Pilates class yesterday, so we may have been downward dogging together yesterday with Carrol. I never knew Pilates had so many planks! Then it was Zumba in the evening after a school affair.

• luvlulu
    luvlulu Member Posts: 163
    edited September 2013

Hugs to you Lilac xoxoxo

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited September 2013

Been out of the exercise loop - a busy labor day weekend, then came down with a rotten cold.  If coughing is exercise then I have been doing a lot of that!  Believe it or not, this is my first cold in 2 1/2 years!  So I predict it will be a humdinger.

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

Rode 12 inside. Lots to do today. But the scale finally rewarded me!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    edited September 2013

zumba!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

A good hour long walk with my Wednesday Walking Women, 15 minutes of abs, & now off to a substitute workshop.