Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Mary, have fun! Give my regards to The Queen!! Smile

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited August 2013

Annie: I don't dare walk all 3 at the same time. They weigh 50, 70 and 75 pounds. Also, I broke a hip a few years ago and the other one is very osteropotic (sp) so can't risk falling.  But---that just means I'm out there longer so get more exercise. Each one gets about 1/2 hour.

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited August 2013

Today it is 91 degrees so the walks were short. We are all crabby from the heat. Too hot to jog so did some "jogging in place" inside and some leg exercises .  Later I'll try the exercise bike for a while.  Have to do something - heat or no heat--

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Did an hour of aqua jogging, an hour or so of leisurely swimming, half hour of weeding plus some vacuuming..

Mary, I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful trip....

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

So hot that I did the treadmill for 30 minutes & then 45 minutes of toning.

Here are some pictures of my trip. First the view of the patio of the condo, where I would read and drink coffee every morning.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

The beach where I walked every day.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

A cool picture at a fresh fruit/veggie stand.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

The Civil War battlefield at Chichamauga, Georgia. If you look in the distance you can see how close were the cannons of the opposing armies.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Me next to a monument to a Wisconsin Division (for Badger Cool).

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

Whew it's HOT, it's like an oven in my house ... no air con here, tonight I dragged the fan out and dusted it off and now it's just blowing hot air around!!! like Odie I spent a couple of hours in the pool jogging and doing some aqua exercises and floating around.

Great pics Ruth that condo looks like it's in a great location.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited August 2013

Glad to hear you are back spinning, Cheryl.   Great pics, Ruth!

I'm continuing to burn at least 2000 calories a day for whatever that app stat is worth. I haven't even put in my data so I wonder how that's calculated. Anyone else here use Argus?

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Love the photos, Ruth, and you look great! The exercise is paying off for you.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Ruth - what a wonderful place to have your morning coffee!  And loved the battlefield picture.  War back then was fought at extremely close range, wasn't it? 

Thanks for all the bon voyage wishes, especially the foodie list, Cheryl!  Cool  And Ruth, I'll definitely pass along your greetings to the Queen. Wink Can't believe we leave in just a few hours.  I think the pet sitter may be in for an interesting 2 weeks with Mikey, but I think in the end they'll be fine.  If I get a chance to check in while there I certainly will, but if not, see you in two weeks!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2013

Mary, have a ball.  Blow a kiss at the baby, their future king! 

8/24-12752 steps/4.83 miles;   8/25-1378/.52;   8/26-6684/2.53 ;   8/27-5050/1.91 ;   8/28-3643/1.37;   8/29-2779/1.05;   8/30-1592/.6;   today, 8/31-6552 steps/2.48 miles. 

• odie16
    edited September 2013

Great pictures Ruth...such a nice serene place to start your day.

Spent the day swimming.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Walked very briskly for over an hour. No snakes tonight! Whew!

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning & swam laps this evening.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Another hot hot day here, did Spin class this morning then I went to just say hello to my boot camp group and the instructor said no no no come on in I'm a certified trainer you'll be ok, so essentially while everyone did boot camp I had a personal training session oh and he is huge proponent of the foam roller so I also got to roll out.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2013

Visiting sick friend in So Cal-- missed a day prepping and a day driving.  Hot, hot, hot.  Managed 5k yesterday late evening...but very slowly, running through every sprinkler I came across. Another day of driving tomorrow.

Starting new job next week (either Thur or next Tues).  So worried about staying dedicated to exercise. How do the working ladies do it?  When do you find the time?

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Sorry for the reason you are down here SAB hope your friend is on the mend, and yes it sure is HOT.... Congratulations on the new job, I just come home and get changed and go to the gym and it's become my habit.

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

SAB, working fulltime and lots of overtime lately makes it hard, especially since my job is so sendentary - working on the phone at the computer.. What helps is that I am a telecommuter working from home most days and working a split shift. I can get dressed in exercise friendly clothes in the morning and on my midday break I go to the gym, which is close to home, every other day. The summer heat here in South Texas makes it hard now too, but my DH & I walk our three dogs early every morning and we go swim at the neighborhood pool several evenings a week.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Just moving chores for Thursday and Friday and a bit of hooping.  Today did a long hike to make up for the easy days-- about 6 miles with hills.  It really wasn't all that hot with a breeze and many shady stretches.  Learning experience though, I decided to do a roadside trail back home instead of doubling back and didn't enjoy the route.  Just too much traffic noise.  I did hear some coyote pups at one point though.  Also saw an interesting lizard on the trail.  I don't know where everybody is lately-- I only saw three other people on the trails the entire way!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2013

hi all and welcome (back?) dogsandjogs.  Smile

Been working beaucoup hours to reconcile budgets so haven't been here for a few days.  Lots to catch up on.  Cheryl, glad your knee is better and you're back in the saddle again.

Ruth, thanks for the pic at the monument, I am going to research the 10th WI Infantry and see where they were from. 

SAB, congrats on new job.  I wear a pedometer all day long and try to get in as many steps as possible.  The mileage I post in my sig line is total distance walked - walking for exercise and just walking around.  It's motivating to see the numbers climb. 

Annie, a friend of mine recently got a standing work station and loves it.  Maybe an option 4u? 

Bon Voyage Mary & DH, enjoy your time away and together.  I second Cheryl's rec for Cornish Pasties - yummy!  http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-permalink-18157.html

Haven't been out for a walk yet but will soon, then make a batch of applesauce and put together a meatloaf for supper.  Logged 8.3 km = 5.16 miles since last post.  ♥ to all

• odie16
    edited September 2013

SAB, hope your friend is feeling better. As for working & exercising, I change at the office and go straight to the gym after work. If I went home first, I would not make it back out...I also have a pool so I can swim or aqua jog on fair weather days. Use my treadmill on mot so good weekend days.

Only exercise today was taking the dog to the vet for his checkup before going to dinner tonight with my MIL. Will go for a walk tomorrow before spending the rest of the day swimming.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day tomorrow..

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs early this morning before church. Then went to the gym this afternoon for strength training, some time on the eliptical trainer, and stretching.

Badger, I've heard of those standing work stations and thought how great it would be to have one, but I expect they're pretty expensive. I know my employer wouldn't pay for it, but I should at least research them.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Hi, busy weekend here. Yesterday I got up, walked for an hour & did 30 minutes of abs before some dear friends of ours arrived from out of town arrived to go to the college football game & spend the evening. We walked to and from the stadium (about a mile all together), and than undid all the exercise by having a huge fish fry with all the trimmings (a couple times a summer DH will fry up some of the fish he catches using his own, very delicious, secret batter recipe). Very fun to eat and catch up. Today I did 30 minutes of toning, 15 of a pilates challenge & then went walking with a friend out at the local dam & then a frontier village (the temperatures have cooled off & it was a lovely day).

The exercise while working thing is HARD to do, but I decided I needed to get a certain number of hours of exercise a week (for me, 4 hours of aerobics & 3 of toning), and then I MADE it fit. Lots of people get up & exercise early to make sure they get it in (I wish I could say I was one of them, but I just could not stick to an early morning routine!!). I tried to do it as soon as I could after work (I got to be able to read the paper or even open mail on the treadmill), but often would find myself squeezing some time in later in the evening because I knew whatever I didn't do during the week, I would have to 'make up' on the weekends & I sure didn't want to spend 7 hours exercising on Saturday/Sunday!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Walked for an hour and a half this morning before church. Tonight the family decided to go for a bike ride, so I just got back from an 8 mile trail ride.

Sounds so athletic for a crocheting, reading couch-holder-downer!! ;-)

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Here is a cool quote: "Play the cards you're dealt, but choose who is at the table."

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Hope I'm invited to your table Ruth!! Went to the gym and did a very modified Body Step class this morning no twisting or turning and no step just stayed on the floor.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

You are ALL at my table!!!! Smile