Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2013

Checking in - crazy busy between getting things organized at work and at home before our trip.  Welcome to the newbies - this is a fabulous group that WILL help keep you going!  Annie - wishing the best for your daughter and I don't envy the family the inevitable maybe-it's-time-to stop-driving talk with your MIL.  Ruth - cool on visiting Chickamauga battlefield!  Joy - glad you got out with friends and the dog for some fresh air and exercise.  Lilac - thinking of you and your dh. Cheryl - take care of that knee and give it time to heal!

Caught another re-enactment last weekend while at the cabin - not the Civil War this time, but the French and Indian War (Europeans call it the Seven Years War) between Britain and France and France's Indian allies.  There's a large stone fort near the cabin that was built by the British during that war, and there were several skirmishes near this fort (Fort Frederick).  Last weekend, there were wonderful re-enactments going on.  We saw French troops with their Indian allies attack a returning scouting party at the fort, and saw the British redcoat troops with their American colonial allies fight back.  Lots of cannons and guns, war whoops, and excitement.  We saw drills and chatted with a lot of re-enactors and learned so much about history and the daily life of troops at the time.  It was great.

Keeping up with my fuelpoints - 3036 on Friday, 3503 on Saturday, 3822 Sunday, and 3105 yesterday.  I'm still shy a few hundred points for today, so off to do some marching around the house in front of the TV.  Cool   

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2013

Illinois, Wisconsin, and part ways through Minnesota today. Happily home tomorrow. Badger, we got the whole 100 Year Old Man read, almost laughed ourselves right off the road:)

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited August 2013

Downloaded an app called Argus. Still learning it but I will try to burn 2000 calories today. My Zumba last night did not yield any grams this morning so have to be more creative. I'll be going to another Les Mills event. Hope to burn serious calories there this weekend.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2013

Walked the dogs this morning and heading to the gym to do weights now.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,857
    edited August 2013

Walked/ran earlier than usual today. Glad I did as the day kept getting hotter and the humidity higher. I think I would have talked myself out of it if I had waited.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited August 2013

Just finished my walk. Whew. Probably would have skipped it if I hadn't thought you were all watching me. Lol.

• NatsFan
    edited August 2013

Ah Dulci - we call that hearing The Voices! The feeling you have when you almost blow off exercise but then you hear all of our voices cheering you on!

At the Nats game in a rain delay so pardon iPhone typos. Our Parks dept is hosting the meetings I've been at all week in a meeting room at one of their ice rinks. At lunch today they gave us all free skating and skate rentals. Only 3 of us took them up on the offer. It was a blast - I haven't been on skates in 30 years!! That's a workout too. I may think about signing up for some lessons this winter - it was that fun! 3040 points yesterday and that included a half an hour of marching around the house.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Finally home, started watering the lawn & am posting so I will be forced to go downstairs & do some kind of exercise!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Annielane, boy do you have a full plate...Glad your mom is ok.Sending hugs...

Ruth, love the battlefield adventures.Love walking the trails...

Dulcgirl, Way to go!!!

Mary, hope the rain delay is brief. Have actually considered getting a pair of regular old fashioned skates myself. Not the inline ones as I am certain I would hurt myself...

Went to the rec center and did a few miles on the bike before Yoga class. Ordered a new workout DVD which I am hoping to get and start in the next few days...

Still holding LB and Joy close to heart.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

hi all and welcome Dulcigirl, glad to have another friendly Voice!

welcome home Ruth; I think I heard you guys laughing as you were driving thru WI. Laughing

Been hot & humid here days so been getting up 30 mins early to walk in the morning while still cool.  Logged 14.31 km = 8.89 miles since last post.  I'm avoiding the state Capitol at noon so as to not get arrested (along with (so far) 300 Solidarity Singers, two journalists, and a 14-year old girl). 

((Joy))  ((LB))  ((Sculpted Sisters))  ♥

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

I managed to fit in another walk this evening. My job is so sedentary that my behind hurts most of the time from sitting on it so much. I hate that aspect of it.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2013

Walked four brisk miles while my car was in the shop.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Walked an hour & a half on the treadmill while catching up on the news. It is so hot here that they are letting the kids out every day at 1:00 all week. Yikes, probably not a lot of learning going on!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2013

Still no exercise for me, went to the doctor today and she told me I can bike and I'm taking that to mean spin, spin, spin and no jumping/twisting around, just tendonitis maybe a bruised patella do what I've been doing blah blah blah.

Ruth I texted you this but don't know if it went through.  This is where I was working today.... that's me at the end of the dock

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Now that's what I'm talking about!

• NatsFan
    edited August 2013

Oooo, Cheryl - looking good!  Now that you have the all clear from your doctor, BE CAREFUL!!! Maybe start slowly so you can monitor how you feel the next day before increasing it a bit? I know, I know - it's like asking a tornado to slow down a bit.  Cool Ruth - glad you had a great trip.  What fun!  Annie - I have one of those sedentary jobs as well.  I try to fit in exercise whenever I can, like parking at the far corner of the parking lot, never taking the elevator, and occasionally walking down the hall to talk with a colleague rather than email.  Small stuff, but it can add up over the day. 

Rain delay at the game last night was over an hour, so we didn't stay for many more innings after that.  Between the ice skating and the Nats Walk (to and from the parking lot) my points score yesterday was 4063.  A few extra points to offset the ballpark hot dog and beer! Surprised

• Dulcigirl
    edited August 2013

Just finished my hour/12 miles biking. Yay!

Yesterday I realized that I am now able to plank without pain. Double yay!!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited August 2013

A little classical stretch this morning, and possibly a walk at lunch, can't tell if this is fog or it's about to rain.  Going to the gym tonight.  Feeling fat, bloated and sluggish, not sure what is going on, as I continue to exercise and make mostly good choices with food and drink.

• dogsandjogs
    dogsandjogs Member Posts: 677
    edited August 2013

Had a cortisone shot for my bad knee.  It has bone-on-bone and then I got a large meniscus tear, a Baker's Cyst, a fracture (aka bone bruise, the MRi and the doc has different opinions).

He says I'm not a candidate for a replacement (yet) but we could do a "scope." Have a lot of bone fragments. 

Anyway, I was astounded that the cortisone barely hurt!  A novocain shot has hurt me more. And no swelling afterwards and this morning I am so much more flexible.

Hoping cortisone shots can be done on a regular basis.   Wow what a difference they make.

• Dulcigirl
    edited August 2013

Dogsandjogs....OUCH!!!!!

Hoping it really helps. I HATE knee pain! I know my left one is heading that way.

• dogsandjogs
    edited August 2013

Thanks Dulcigirl! Me too. I have gained 15 lbs from not being able to jog for 3 months and before that, I broke my arm in bootcamp class so couldn't run for 2 months. One thing after another lately----going to try a jog today and see if I can do it!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited August 2013

Fast walked 4+miles this morning on the treadmill and did some toning/core work. Hoping to get in the pool for a bit but is still really cloudy....

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Did yard work and cleaned the house (DH has a more liberal view on what a clean house & a tidy yard look like than I), also did an hour of spot toning with Denise Austin. Book Club meets at my house tonight (which is why all the cleaning etc.), so now next on the agenda is making a dessert!

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

Took the dogs for an early morning walk as usual and heading to the neighborhood pool in a bit.

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

I am so pleased to be able to say this ..... Spin class tonight, yeahhhhh I was very good I didn't so any jumps, just stayed seated except for the few times I had to get up for a few seconds to give relief to my buttLaughing

Dogs it's good to see you again, I'm sorry about your knee, and I concur I had cortisone in my foot and it didn't hurt at all and gave real relief, I hope you were able to get your run in. 

• Dulcigirl
    edited August 2013

Yay for you, hbcheryl! I don't think I could ever survive a spin class!

Tried to take a bonus walk last night...got freaked out by a frog jumping in front of me, then something rustled in the bushes. But I was determined. I said, "As long as I don't see a snake..."

Yep. You guessed it. Snake in 300 feet. Ugh. So I walked up and down my driveway til it got dark. (Long drive.)

Just finished my morning bike ride and the scale is FINALLY showing some progress. Goodbye extra estrogen producing fat!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2013

Just wanted to say Bon Voyage to Mary and her DH as they head across the pond for a fabulous couple of weeks, have a cup of tea, maybe some scones jam and cream and maybe a nice Cornish pastie and of course some delicious English chocolate for me .... And that ladies is why I exercise, cause I love to eat!!!!

Dulcie you might be surprised I thought i could never do it either but I love spin and yikes on the snake but glad you didn't give up on the walk....

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013

Have been AWOL as working my tail off.  I am doing my vineyard camping/cycling/hiking adventure over the weekend.  Borrowing camping gear this time, but think time to invest.

Mary....the English do what they call "walks".  Usually between 6-10 miles with historical sights along the way.  Then a stopping place such as a pub or a tea room.  I love these things as so fun.  Even if you don't do these, I always do a ton of walking while there.

Trying to gear up for the day.  I am done with the bulk of the deadline.  I think I want to give everything one final read as didn't go out last night.  I have something else due Tuesday, so need to get moving on that too.  Oops....TWO things due Tuesday.

I am glad I can't take my computer camping....one way to force myself to unplug Smile - Claire

• dogsandjogs
    edited August 2013

Thanks Cheryl!  Haven't been on this thread in a long time (maybe never?) so don't know what your injury/problem is. Glad you're spinning still. I'm thinking of going to a place that takes Silver Sneakers and try some machines.

I went for an hour's worth of fast walking and some slow jogging. The knee began to hurt and continued to do so, but I kind of expected that. I've heard the cortisone doesn't kick in for a couple of days. But I felt much more flexible and there was NO pain afterwards - just  little stiffening in the knee for a bit.

Will try it again today.  Luckily I have been able to walk the dogs every day during this injury - just not as far- but that has helped a lot keeping the leg from not getting too weak.

• AnnieLane
    edited August 2013

DogsandJogs, walking my dogs is the mainstay of my exercise program too. We have 3 and my DH and I usually walk the 3 of them together. Did that early this morning before work and then went to the gym and did strength training.