Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,541
    edited September 2013

Joy, Lucy is going to keep you in shape...either that or you are going to have lots of trips to the school to pick her up! I hope it will work out so that you can come home.

Thinking of you Lilac. My DH had a PICC line for 6 weeks when he had a bad staph infection a few years ago. I asked him if he had any advice: he didn't (typical man), just to keep it dry. When he started feeling better, he wrapped it up and rode some on a recumbent bike, just to keep moving a little.

Did a little toning with Richard Simmons and took a nice walk out by the soccer fields, where all the little kiddos are playing their Sunday afternoon league games. A beautiful and uncommonly warm late September day.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Went for a late night walk with the dogs last night after I posted and just got back from walking them tonight. It has cooled down here enough that's it's almost pleasant in the mornings and evenings, but the cooler weather won't be here to stay for awhile.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Did lots of walking yesterday while running errands. Today was a rest day.

Lilacblue, hope lunch was amazing. Wishing you and your hubby as easy an experience as possible. Joy, what a cute little motivator. Hope things go well so you can come home state side and be close to family. Ruth, hope you kick that cold to the curb soon.

Love and hugs to everyone.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited September 2013

Joy: Lucy is so cute!

Ruth: Sorry that your cold returned. 

Lilac: We will all be thinking about your dh tomorrow. May it go well.

Mary: We haven't heard from you since you got sick. Hope you are doing better. Please let us know!

I had a great time at Girl Scout camp! It's such a relaxing weekend in the woods. I walked at camp, rode a horse, and walked/ran earlier today when I arrived home.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

I have had one BUSY weekend.  But got in an amazing ride yesterday complete with Orca whale sightings, and today did 25 miles just before the rains moved in.  Abs still tender from last Sunday's 60 miles of hills.

Busy week ahead with a patient conference and major deadlines.

I got in a hot soak today which was marvelous, plus a nap.........Zzzzzzz, and wonderful.   Ratatouille is a-simmering to use up all those extra tomatoes I bought today as super-cheap.  Suspect a plum dessert is in my near future!

Slid by church in the early AM so got in prayers for LilacBlue and Joy.  A few others too.  Hoping that the Almighty forgives me for my AWOL transgressions when doing stuff such as vineyard camping.

Am ready for the week ahead.  So thrilled to be at the 4 years since surgery milestone.  Amazing journey.

So much more to do, and so grateful to be here to do it!  Happy fall everyone! - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Congratulations, Claire!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

Claire, your abs and my legs are in the same boat. I hiked 22 kms yesterday with total elevation gain of ca. 600 meters. This was my first hike in 6 months so my muscles are protesting.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited September 2013

Still not myself since the cold.  Did some classical stretch this morning - went for a long walk at lunch with a firend (who keeps the pace moving) and I had to stop twice with coughing fits.  My gym bag is in the car, first time in 3 weeks.  Figure I will do intervals on the treadmill till I start hacking, then switch over to the machines for some upper body work.  Hope all the rest of you with a cold caught the short variety and not the long one.

{{{Joy and Lilac}}} - thinking of you both.

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

It was such a nice day out today that I took an extra long walk, I am a little tired now, but I feel good for doing it

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Did 30 minutes Sculp-ilates this morning, and went for an hour plus walk with my fast neighbor friend this afternoon.

• odie16
    edited September 2013

Congrats on the anniversary Claire.

Pat, hope that cold gets better soon.

Did HITT training on the Elliptical tonight plus weights.

(((Lilacblue and Joy)))
  • claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

Just in from a 5k run.  Only a passing shower....so relatively dry.

Big positive change in my life was tackling my clogged ears yesterday.  Hearing is a wonderful thing indeed.  I do clogged sink drains too.

Back to work prior to a late-ish dinner.

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Nothing but dog walking today, but that's better than nothing.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Sh'bam this morning and Spin tonight, my quads are still on fire from Booty Camp yesterdayEmbarassed

LB hope your DH had an easy day and all is well

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Claire, clean ears and drains are good to have. :-)

Two mile walk (flat) tonight, then about 20 minutes hooping.

• pat01
    edited September 2013

How quickly fitness goes away at my age!  So the last time I was at the gym was 8/29 (before cold), yesterday my first day back.  Started with treadmill intervals, but after 3 minutes of jogging it was clear I needed to just walk fast.  Then over to the weight machines, where I could not do any of the weights I was doing 3 weeks ago.  But hey, I tried, and I know it will come back, just a little more slowly than I would like.  Did some classical stretch this morning, and it looks like a glorious day for a noontime walk - I will bring water this time to stave off hacking fits!

• mrtw43
    edited September 2013

Such a nice day out today that I am taking an extra long walk today.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited September 2013

Thank (((YOU))) for all your support and DH is remarkable! My hero is trudging upright and faced yesterday with a smile and serenity prayer. Just back from driving him to his radio appointment at the hospital with the windows down on this sunny, warm early autumn day. Have an smooth and surprising Tuesday (((Everyone)))!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Smile, Lilac....so glad.

Did Zumba and was going to go back for the core class, but it was such a stunningly beautiful day here too that I took a walk instead.

*also cleaned out the whole fridge and freezer, which should be worth some points!!!

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning and did about an hour of strength training at the gym this evening.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Body Step class tonight followed by Boot Camp and then a nap on the couchWink  LB glad to know your DH had a good day, I have a friend from South Darenth who is a nurse, she is on her way to Lourdes and I have asked her to say a rosary for your DH while she is there.  Pat you'll get it back, you have the foundation laid, but the old saying use it or you lose it is do trueCool  Ruth I recently went on a mission to "eat out of the freezer" the dog thoroughly enjoyed itTongue Out

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

LB, sending prayers for your DH.

Back to back Zumba, but on two consecutive nights. They are phasing out BodyJam in my gym. :( It will be Zumba again tonight. May have to go to another gym for variety.

• mrtw43
    edited September 2013

Going to sub teach today in an elementary school, I think that will be plenty of exercise for me in one day.

• pat01
    edited September 2013

Got a nice walk in at lunch yesterday, and hope for another today.  My gym is closed for 3-4 days while they are painting.  You think they could have done this in the summer when people are outside more.  Still have a nagging cough that kept me up half of last night, think I will need to go back to the couch where it is easier to sleep in a somewhat upright position.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Well, somehow after my glorious ride on Saturday I ended up messing up my back. It finally started improving yesterday and I took a half hour walk in a smooth parking lot while waiting for my daughter. Hoping for my normal walk tonight and a good ride tomorrow.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2013

Ack - I seem to have gotten the "long version" of the cold as Pat says - a week and a half later and I'm still dragging.  I've at least gotten back to work this week, but not at full speed by any means.  DH is about two days behind me, so he just got back to work yesterday.  I've been able to get Mikey out for some walks the last two days - as you can imagine he was a 11 pounds of pure pent-up energy with both of us down for the count last week.  It's our 31st anniversary today - usually we celebrate with cards, flowers, a special dinner, etc.  This year - nada, zip, and zilch - nasty colds have a way of taking the romance out of an anniversary!  Undecided 

Lilac - Your husband sounds amazing the way he's facing this.  Of course, my guess is probably felt the same way about you when you were going through your treatments. 

• odie16
    edited September 2013

Lilacblue - happy dance! So glad things are going well. Happy anniversary Mary. Hope you and dear hubby feel up to celebrating soon.

Hit the gym yesterday for run/walk intervals on the treadmill. Did some Elliptical and biking tonight. Plus weights both days.

Enjoy the beautiful Fall weather!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Happy Anniversary, Mary. You will have to toast each other with NyQuil and romantically run Vicks Vapor Rub on each other Tongue Out.

mrtw, I subbed today too (so I didn't get to walk with my Wednesday Women....I should have checked the day of the week before I said yes....oh well). Did 45 minutes of toning tonight, mostly upper body.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2013

It's been gorgeous here, too, this is the best time of year.  Cool nights and days in the 70's.

Walked 13.4 km = 8.33 miles since last post.

((LB)) your DH is a trooper and so are you.  Mary's comment was right on.

((Joy)) my mom lives in FL and I visit once a year.  Would love to meet you some day.

Keep up the good work everyone!  ♥ to all

• AnnieLane
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning. So crazy busy I'm doing well to do that.