Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited September 2013

Mary sorry you're still down, I concur with Ruth's idea for your anniversaryWink  Dulcie hope your back is doing better. 

Tonight I did Body Combat class, I went to Sh'bam this morning but the sub instructor didn't show up, so no class.

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited September 2013

Mary, happy anniversary, yes do a NyQuil toast using the oh so special plastic shot glasses.

Lilac, so glad things are going smoothly.

Pat, I notice the same thing-- if I skip a day or two I feel a loss.

Just hooping today, about 40 minutes to the 90's album "Blur".

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited September 2013

Sorry to hear you got the long version Mary.  After 2 nights of no sleep due to coughing, I'm going back to the doctor today to see what's going on, 3 weeks to the day since I last saw him.  I'm thinking I should be getting better now, but am beginning to feel worse.  Did get out for a walk yesterday at lunch, but that's about it as far as exercise is concerned.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited September 2013

Ruth - LOL on the Nyquil toast and the Vicks Vapor Rub - that's just about how the evening went.  Undecided 

Heading up to the cabin this weekend to rest and recover - hopefully we'll be feeling good enough to do a little hiking.  I hate to think about the conditioning I've lost with this - on my sickest day I had 175 Fuelpoints - that's only 270 steps, .1 miles, and a total active time of 47 minutes out of 24 hours!

Pat - hope you start feeling better.  You have the extra long version, I think. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited September 2013

Did the 6am Zumba, came home and went back to bed for an hour, then went back and did Core....which was very good, they did a 'dancer's legs' workout....look out Dancing With the Stars....here I come! Wink

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

Walked the dogs this morning and did strength training at the gym this afternoon.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited September 2013

Mary: Happy Anniversary! Glad you are starting to feel better.

Pat: Let us know how your doctor visit went.

Tuesday was my birthday. 58! Dh and I went to visit our dd in college for the night. We were on that side of the state and it was so much fun to drop in for a visit with her! On Wednesday were visited our ds. Great way to celebrate my birthday!

Fast walked/ran this evening. Nice and cool. It's starting to smell like fall!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Happy Birthday, Wonderland!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited September 2013

Walked for an hour. Was hoping for a bike ride in this PERFECT weather, but our son came home from college. Yay!!

My back is SOOO much better!

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

Ruth, wow I can't wait to have your energy. I subbed yesterday and was exhausted and was in bed by 8. I subbed again today and paced myself a little better so I was able to get in a short walk this evening.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Well, I will say that I was glad that they did not call me today! I needed to catch up on my sitting around doing nothing Tongue Out. I have another subbing gig tomorrow, but don't have to show up until 10:30, so that will be pretty nice.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Happy Belated Birthday Wonderland, sounds like you had fun. Ruth I think you are busier now that you've 'retired'. Have fun at the cabin this weekend Mary, give Mikey a big hug from me, He could come out here and hang with me as I'm minding dogs this weekend, I actually have them now, the daughter of the people over in Newport that I always house/dog sit for is getting married this weekend and the kick off was this evening so they wanted them out of the house, my poor cat is not happy back into the wardrobe he's gone but it's just till Sunday night.

Tonight I did a Spin class.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited September 2013

Ladies! I think it's been over a year since I posted here. Had lots of complications after Exchange; wasn't cleared by the PS to do ANYTHING for months... then the pain from Anastrozole got to the point of having to use a cane due to the excruciating joint and muscle pain.

BUT - I've been off the drug for six weeks now. At first, I kept hurting myself, because whenever I'd notice the pain going down, I'd overdo it.

My MO told me she wanted me to stay active - she didn't care what I did as long as it made me sweat and be out of breath. I told her that covered just about everything I did.Undecided

But the things that I'm proudest of:

Cleaning out the rock waterfall and pond with DH. I was all over that waterfall like Spiderman, and stood in the empty pond throwing big rocks out onto the lawn. Two months ago, I couldn't even make a fist.

Donning my "Rosie the Riveter" outfit (overalls, Tshirt, bandanna) and cleaning out a section of the garage, hefting out as much heavy stuff as DH did...

Being late for an appointment at the hospital, and hauling my butt up four flights of stairs without stopping. I couldn't talk when I got to the receptionist, but I made it all the way up! Surprised

Spending today out in the yard, pulling weeds, moving plants, and trimming all the shrubs with a heavy electric hedge trimmer.

The pain hasn't completely gone away, but I can live with it. The extra weight hasn't come off, either, but now I can do things like go back to water aerobics, power walk, and bike.

Hope to spend more time here, being inspired by y'all!!!

• _Ann_
    edited September 2013

Hi Blessings, welcome back!  Sounds like you are off to a terrifc start.  I have joint pain from tamoxifen but so far it's tolerable.

Mary, it is a shame to lose fitness but I suspect you'll bounce back quickly.

Hooped tonight, no walk.   Kind of slacking off-- I didn't even time my session.  Need to hike tomorrow.

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

Blessings!!!! YAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

Ann, is there a website you could recommend for hooping info? I've been interested in it for a long time, so every time you post I think, "I need to ask her!" Thanks!

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Welcome back Blessings, Holy Cow! When you are done cleaning your garage and yard, will you please come over and tackle mine?!!! I'm thinking the weight will come up pretty fast if you keep up that pace Smile.

In a minute, I am going to meet a friend for a walk & then I will spend the rest of the day being a 7th grade reading teacher.

Have a great Friday!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2013

hi ladies and welcome back Blessings!

Happy (belated) birthday, Wonderland!

Walked after work last night and took today off so will go walk in a while.

TGIF!  ♥ to all

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2013

Welcome back, Blessings! I need a personal declutterer and organizer myself. It's taken so much of my time to get myself fit, many other things have gotten ignored. You may have inspired me to change my ways.

Belated happy birthday, Wonderland!

• badger
    edited September 2013

Did my 2.5 mile route this morning, and also last night, so posting 5 miles of walking.

Beautiful day, got Garden & Sculpt on the agenda for the afternoon.  Leaves have barely started changing but some clean-up is in order.  As to organizing the inside of the house - fuggedaboutit!  That can wait for winter.  Wink

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited September 2013

Was pretty busy today with working, dr appt, and visiting with friends, but I got in a short walk. I was cleared to go back to my exercise routines by my PS today, so I am looking forward to ramping up the exercise

• badger
    edited September 2013

congrats MRTW on getting cleared by PS for exercise.  Please check out this BCO thread started by our very own NatsFan with guidelines on exercise for those with or at-risk for lymphedema.  That includes anyone who's had nodes out.  Ramp up slowly! 

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/58/topic/801453?page=2#idx_40

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited September 2013

Welcome back Blessings!

Walked the neighborhood this afternoon. Had fun this evening at our local high school football game. 

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

Here are some interesting facts I just read about WATER!

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013

I walked the dogs yesterday morning (but forgot to post) and this morning before work. Ruth, thanks for the great info about water intake!

• Dulcigirl
    edited September 2013

Great water info! Thanks!

Walked last night and heading out to a reinactment display today. Colonial through Vietnam. So hoping to get a lot of walking in though it won't be quite the same.

• ruthbru
    edited September 2013

It started raining yesterday morning & was still raining this morning; so instead of walking yesterday I did the FIRM Rock Solid Abs, and today I did their Speed Slimming Sculpt and hit the treadmill for awhile. If it quits raining this afternoon, DH and I will bring in the hoses, lawn chairs, picnic table etc.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2013

We have a coastal storm with rain and gale force winds, so thinking a walk to the pastry shop and back.  Later on, will do a 5k run along Elliott Bay so will experience the storm in all its glory.

Have work so need to fit that in.

Last night's exercise was the mile each way to the wine bar and back for the Wine and Tassels show.  Ashley (stage name of Nickey Bourbon) did an amazing job, so was great fun.  They are planning a reprise for Valentine's Day!  No, I am NOT performing.

Getting psyched for my VT trip....will make up for any lack of exercise this weekend with hiking.  Expect it to hurt to sit down a week hence.

Happy weekend everyone! - Claire

• _Ann_
    edited September 2013

Dulcigirl, the main online resource I use is hooping.org.  That is a good starting point that will lead to many videos and tutorials on YouTube.  Then I just look for related videos there.  Adult hoops aren't normally sold in stores.  To get hoops or hoop-making supplies you can look on Etsy or on the ads on hooping.org.  If you find a local hooping class or event there will probably be hoops to borrow or purchase there.  You typically start with a larger, heavier hoop then move to lighter and smaller.

Did a 2 mile walk and about an hour hooping yesterday.  I am gearing up for Hoopcamp which is next week.

• hbcheryl
    edited September 2013

Great info Ruth, my Sh'bam instructor was talking of this just last week encouraging us to drink more water and I saw on Dr Oz the other day on a show about what tips he gives his friends. He said you can eat two bites of anything but for each bite you have to drink a glass of water, you get the satisfaction but your stomach is full and that is what your brain registers.

This morning I did a body Combat class followed by a Boot Camp.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited September 2013

Been MIA for a few days but have continued exercising. Did half an hour on the Elliptical plus weights yesterday and a kickboxing video today plus a mile plus walk.