Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited September 2013

Pat: Why do people do mean things? Sorry about your plates. Glad you're feeling better. Will you go to work tomorrow? Only time will tell!

Just returned from my fast walk/ran at the park. Sweat Sweat Sweat. The humidity is back.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2013

Pat, what a pain about the tags. Glad that and the sickness are behind you. Way to go on still doing the walk, great accomplishment.

Did my bike/Elliptical workout tonight plus weights.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited October 2013

Walked about 2 miles with my DH and dogs.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2013

Oh Pat how awful dealing with the DMV is the worst, glad you are finally shaking the cold. Claire funnily enough this past weekend I had scrambled eggs on Saturday and an omelet on Sunday for breakfast. Wonderland you can keep your humidity 😃

Tonight did Body Pump and new release of Body Combat with one of my old favourite instructors, had to travel a bit to do her classes but so worth it, right now I am so exhausted I am going to have my cup of tea and go to bed😘

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited October 2013

Pat, glad you're feeling better.  What a nuisance about the license plates.  Well according to the latest news, you are on forced vacation now.  Stupid congress!  I hope you have a nice break and get back to work before losing too much pay.

Ruth, thanks for the suggestion re shoes.  I developed this condition while I was doing lots of barefoot indoor exercise and wearing minimalist shoes outdoors.  I guess I need maximalist shoes again!

Just a bit of hooping today in between working on my hoops and attaching nametags.  I'm off to Hoopcamp tomorrow.  It will be an internet break, as I can't take my laptop to camp.  I haven't traveled without a laptop since, oh, 2002?  Anyway I am looking forward to the break.  Catch you all next week!

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited October 2013

Yesterday, I worked and waked throughout the grocery store -I am counting that as exercise. Today I am planning 2 short walks, each about a mile so that will be twice as far as I walked since my surgery.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2013

Finally had enough energy for a 20 minute power walk before work this morning!  Hoping to ease back into exercise mode now - I feel yucky from not working out.

Welcome back Blessings - good to see you!  Ruth - I can believe that the husky walked the two of you - this is a dog bred to pull a sled through the snow for hours and hours, so I guess you two were the stand ins for the sled. Tongue Out MRTW - good to see you're able to do a bit more each week.  Pat - glad you're feeling better.  We'd signed up for our local Ovarian Cancer 5K last Sunday, but just couldn't go cuz we were still feeling sick.  Grrr about your tags.  My tags were stolen a few years ago when I was parked in a shopping mall and I reported it to the police.  Got a call from the police in a county on the other side of Maryland several months later - they'd been trailing a car that was acting suspiciously, and when they ran the tags - bingo!  My stolen tag report came up.  That gave them enough probable cause to pull them over.  It turned out that it was a "family business" - one set of cousins lived in my county, and the other set of cousins lived in that other county.  Each of the cousins would steal tags from their own county, then give them to the cousins in the other county to sell on the black market.  I guess they figured it'd be less likely that the victims would spot their own tags if they were sold in another county.  The police had been after them for a long time - and my tag was the one that cracked the case!  Hopefully your bad guys will be caught too.   

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited October 2013

I am actually at work this morning until noon, they say they will pay us 4 hours today to do an "orderly shutdown" - things like securing our area, leaving appropriate voice and email messages, etc.  One woman came to work today all worked up and left by 9am - I know it is hard but sheesh, come on - good that she left cause she was like chicken little running around and getting everyone else upset with her misinformation.

Got up and did classical stretch - maybe will walk around my neighborhood at home this afternoon, there's a change - neighbors will wonder who that new woman is :)  Beautiful day here in RI, hard to be upset over the government when the weather is so fine - glass half full Pat.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,542
    edited October 2013

Enjoy the disfunction of the government, pat!

OMG, I AM turning into Cheryl! I went to Zumba, came home & drank some coffee & watched the news and then went back to Core. Well, the teacher had gotten sick at the last minute, so they 'forced' us to go to a kickboxing class instead (which I don't enjoy that much as my knees don't appreciate the bobbing and weaving that much). Since everyone in the class had actually wanted to be doing toning, we all stayed for the pilates class at 10:00....which was very good. Then I came home and finished off the Cleaning of the Kitchen project I started a week ago.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Beautiful fall walking days in North Dakota:

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited October 2013

Mary: Glad you were able to take a walk this morning!

Ruth: Beautiful pictures. You really are turning into Cheryl! Before long you'll be drinking a cup o' tea.

Pat: Here's wishing you don't have an extended vacation.

Fast walked/ran at the park earlier this evening. Felt stronger today than yesterday.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited October 2013

3 mile walk tonight. Grabbed DH's Garmin and was thrilled to find I held a 15.5 pace the whole time. Good motivation for more tomorrow!!

• AnnieLane
    edited October 2013

Weight training and dog walking today.

• odie16
    edited October 2013

Gorgeous pictures Ruth.

Went to the gym tonight and ran a 5k plus weights.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2013

I was a super-slug yesterday as had a crash and burn deadline.  But back on the case today:  1.5 mile walk, 5k run, half a mile each way to the supermarket.  Plus weights, plus crunches.  Yesterday, only crunches.

Off to bed and to major SLEEP.

Headed to VT tomorrow evening and a major hike planned for Friday. 

Had a late-summer salad w/scallops and sherry/arugula/hazelnuts.  Just delish.

Nice to escape being rained on today Tongue Out - Claire

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited October 2013

Claire - your posts always make my mouth water with your yummy meals!  Beautiful pix, Ruth.  And yes, you are turning into Cheryl!  Tongue Out  I thought of you yesterday - I remember you came to DC with your Dad on one of the WWII Honor Flights to see the WWII Memorial, and you said it meant the world to him.  Yesterday, a planeload of Honor Flight WWII vets arrived to visit the WWII memorial, only to find it closed and barred off, like all the other monuments, because of the shutdown.  After a few minutes of confusion and disappointment, the organizers just pushed the barricades aside and let the vets in.  The Park Police standing there just casually pretended not to notice.  So at least this group got to see it, but they said that other Honor Flights are having to be cancelled until further notice.  With the age of those vets, a delay could mean that some vets will never get there.  I'm so angry about this whole shutdown - I have many friends and neighbors who are now furloughed and not getting paid - these are dedicated people who have a deep sense of public service, and are doing important work at NIH, the Weather Service, the Justice Department, etc. and now they're being forced to sit home. Just like you, Pat.  It's all so stupid and unnecessary.  Yell  OK, off my soapbox.

Dragged myself out again for a half hour walk this morning with a bit of running thrown in - a 4-bunny morning.  Lunchtime yoga starts today, so I brought my gear for that.  Saw my doctor yesterday - she said that she's finding that it's taking her patients a good three weeks to feel better, so I guess I'm right on target. 

• Dulcigirl
    edited October 2013

NatsFan...Loved your "4 bunny morning." Last week I had a 3 snake evening. Not nearly as cute!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Mary, I saw the piece about the WWII Memorial. I will tell you that on our flight, there were veterans who literally kept themselves alive so that they could go on that trip. I am beyond mad!!!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

OK, after my last crabby post, here is a happier one about my Walking Wednesday adventure today. 20 years ago, a friend & her DH bought a house and 27 acres just out of town, and over the years, doing all the work themselves, they have created the most beautiful paradise. They have dug ponds, created gardens, planted over 7,000 trees, planted praire grasses, groomed miles of trails. It is just fabulous, and that is where we walked today (although we stopped quite often to take pictures).

• odie16
    edited October 2013

Mary, I so agree with you. Every single Congress member should be docked of pay during the furlough or better yet, fired! Senseless.

Slamming busy at work so only got 15 minutes on the Elliptical today. Grrrr.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited October 2013

I am off to VT tonight.  Busy, crazy day getting ready.  I am packed and ready now :)

I did get in a run earlier plus all my normal exercises.  Lots of hiking in my future.

Otherwise, major news on the work front.  All good.

Hoping it all fits in my carry-on....wait, those boots go on my FEET! - Claire

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2013

Have fun, Claire!  Safe travels!

Ruth, loved the pix, it's been that kind of pretty here too but I don't have a camera.

I am so with everyone who's mad at Congress: all 535 should be spanked then sacked. 

Walked 15.4 km = 9.57 miles since last post.  Such a nice long walk tonight.  I need to get back to walking at noon instead of eating at my desk and working through lunch.  The harder I work, they more they pile on, so it's time to stop working so hard.  ♥ to all

• ruthbru
    edited October 2013

Last politcal comment (for sure, maybe):

• AnnieLane
    edited October 2013

Walked the dogs today. Thank goodness for those dogs or some days I'd get no exercise at all.

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

I think they also need to be all fired and they need to lose their very special health care benefits grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Okay so what's wrong with being Cheryl😜 Love the fall photos Ruth, that place looks beautiful shhhhhh today we had the air con on as it was so warm😄. Have a wonderful vacation Claire. Pat I'm glad your glass is half full enjoy your forced leave and let's hope the idiots get their act together soon.

This morning did Sh'bam and tonight was Spin, two today to make up for none yesterday.

Oh and Wonderland if Ruth ends up as a tea drinker she also has to have cookies or cake💝

• hbcheryl
    edited October 2013

BTW Ruth Les Mills next quarterly workshop is in Las Vegas March 27/29 and tonight we decided we're going to drive out there, there's always room for one more😀

• mrtw43
    mrtw43 Member Posts: 146
    edited October 2013

Got my walk in yesterday with hubby who is currently home due to the bleeping shutdown. Very frustrating.

Ruth the photos are lovely thanks for sharing.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited October 2013

Have fun hooping Ann and you too Claire to the land of free thinking/speaking Vermonters. 

Got to the gym early yesterday morning for advanced freestyle step and loved every sweaty minute.

DH is going down, low energy et al, yet still able to eat.  Off to buy aloe vera juice and cream. Bumpy ride these past 5 days and almost finished with week 2 out of 7 (not that anyone is counting).Wink Ray of joy got through at 4:30 pm assembly yesterday as I watched our our 14 year old son receive a award for his excellent school work last year.  Got one grainy photo to show DH the proud moment - that brought out a big grin.

(((Joy))) Sending you my love.

• Dulcigirl
    edited October 2013

Walked 3 miles while dd had a piano lesson.