Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

65 minutes of shovel and sculpt this morning after a major snow/wind event.  I'll post again later if I get to the gym as planned.

Stay warm!

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

You ladies are great!  Thank you for all the support.  After days of lying in bed in pain, fighting a fever, I woke this AM feeling pretty darn good.  My leg and back muscles were hurting horribly but I put on my music and spent 45 minutes running up and down the stairs.  I designed a course through my house.  My dog who is accustomed to running with me tagged along until she realized that we really weren't going anywhere.  LOL  I feel much better now!

RuthBru - I guess my MO hoped I could avoid the Neulasta shots but it looks like they're in my future.  Yuck.  

I continue to lose weight without trying.  I call it the Food Has No Taste diet.  

Meghan Vogel carried Arden McMath, a competitor, across the finish line when she collapsed during a race.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

WONDERFUL, Warrior!!!

So good to hear you're feeling better today. You must have really confused your dog. Lol!

I love my basement stair workout. My 15 yr old daughter is doing it now, too.

Love the picture! Those stories always make me teary!!

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    edited January 2014

Love the opened gate picture, Ruth, and Nihahi wow those are spectacular pictures.  It almost makes me love winter again, even though I'm fed up this week with the return of the cold and windchills below zero. 

I walked only 10 minutes with  today because the north wind was killing me.  But then I did 25 minutes of shovel and sculpt because my house faces south so it was out of the wind!  I also took down my winter tree.  OK its a Christmas Tree and I know it shouldn't have been up that long but I have white lights and all wintery ornaments like snowflakes and polar bears so its a winter tree and therefore I get to leave it up longer, she says guiltily.  

Warrior sometimes chemo is bigger than us.  It isn't permanent but no, you won't be yourself every day.  I haven't done stair workouts except hauling laundry up and down stairs and my stupid dog will follow me up and down time after time.  My husband always says to him, Take a break.   

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Warrior - so glad you're feeling so much better!  Way to go!  And what a great picture - that's really what it should all be about.

TwoHobbies - Love the idea of a 'winter' tree so you can keep it up longer.  Great idea!

I did make it to the gym this afternoon. Got in 4.25 miles of walk/run, then 10 minutes (31 floors) on the stairmaster and my usual lower back reps and ab reps, then stretching.  My feet are really, really sore after the workout, especially my heels Scared.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,547
    edited January 2014

Warrior, I actually LOVED my Neulasta shots, because then I didn't have to worry about my white blood cells tanking & could be around germy people etc. without freaking out. They didn't make me feel any worse than I already felt, but some people say Claritin (not Claritin D) helps if you get muscle aches.

I predict Shovel & Sculpt in my near future. It's snowing already and we are in a blizzard watch for later tonight & all tomorrow. To add insult to injury, the predicted high for Monday is 15 below!!!!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

45 minutes on the exercise bike....too busy winding up last minute stuff to do anything else. Tomorrow, I'm flying to AZ for 10 days....SURELY I'll be doing stuff outside there!!!!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2014

Warrior....agree with Ruth about Neulasta.  In fact, that is the reason we are offered dose dense therapy (chemo every two weeks as opposed to every three weeks).

I got out and did 22 miles cycling.  Not where I planned, but I had things to do in the AM, and then accidents going out, so had to take the scenic route.  I am certainly glad I won't be commuting much longer as gets worse every day.  (Could be my perception, but they are reworking every path in and out of where I live.)

Glorious sunshine and I can feel a difference.  I have an all day board retreat tomorrow, but will get in either a walk or run prior to the meeting.

I am planning a bedroom redo as part of the move.  Think Waterford bedding in a blue-grey with gold-bronze.  This is the color of the Puget Sound when I do a late winter early evening run.  I will do brighter accent colors.  I have an eBay bid out on a new down comforter.  All my bed linens except my sheets need replacing.  My wool blanket is just fine too.  Another eBay find as new ones cost the earth.

I have Potatoes Anna in the oven and will do a burger (Wagyu cattle and delish meat) for the main course.

So funny.....two months ago, I was scared to death to make a move.  Now, I can't wait. - Claire

• Warrior_Woman
    edited January 2014

Ruth & Claire - Thank you for the reassurances about Neulasta.  I heard so many horror stories but frankly I am tired of living like a hermit.  

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,547
    edited January 2014

Warrior, an interesting note; when I went in for my last chemo, the onc. commented that I wouldn't need a Neulasta shot since I'd be done after this round. When I told this to my chemo nurse (who are the ones who really know what is going on IMO), she said, "Well of course you want the shot, you don't want to get sick right when you are at the end." and wrote up the script herself. Since I absolutely DID want the shot, I was thrilled that we were on the same page.

Claire, you will have to post pictures of your new digs!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Oh, yes please, Claire... do post pics of your new place with your new decor!!!

(Shoot, I'd be happy if you posted pics of your DINNER...) 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

WW glad you are feeling better, Nihahi those are beautiful pics. Claire I love bedding, I think I have about 12 duvet covers.

Finally back to the gym today and did a Spin class and as a bonus the chiropractor associated with my gym was having an "open" house and I got a free massage, it felt wonderful

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited April 2014

Loved all the photos!

Today (Saturday was my day off from exercising).  I finished the week with 8 hours and 61.75 miles.  My goal was 60 miles, gees ... next time I'll have to add better beforehand, I would have gladly stopped 1.75 miles earlier!

Now, at this time of night I've got color in my hair. Complicated 2-step process. Gray then blonde. - (sigh!).

Glad to see everyone doing so well today!

- Nutrition - Visit this site for nutrition info.  Type in a food and find out how many fat grams, sugar, carbs and overall nutrition.

"Self Nutrition Data - Know What You Eat"

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2014

A walk today and some hooping.

Warrior, I had a fairly hard time with chemo as well.  Neulasta was a good thing, although it meant extra trips to the clinic.  A little bone pain in exchange for not being vulnerable to infections-- it was worth it. Hang in there and try not to feel bad about feeling bad, if you know what I mean.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

WW, I too got Neulasta and had no problems with it except a little achiness the following day.  In fact one of the reasons I went in to a clinical trial was that I would get Neulasta.  In Ontario, at the time, neulasta wasn't the standard of care unless you missed a chemo for more than 2 (I think it was 2) weeks because of lowered white blood cell counts.  DH will be doing shovel and sculpt (bless his heart) and I will do the boring treadmill.  I may take doggus out on the snowmobile trail later on when it warms up a bit. 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2014

Five reports down and one to go!  Not much exercise yesterday. Walked around K-Mart and the grocery store and up & down stairs doing laundry.  Oh yeah, a round of Shovel & Sculpt, which I repeated this morning.

Mom will call in a bit and after that I'll do A.M. yoga DVD.  I like the feeling of light & energy coursing through my body with my breath.  Will need it for the final push, of course I saved the most complicated report for last.  OMG I will be so happy to have this task done!

We're having musgo for supper - this must go, that must go - aka leftovers.  ♥ to all

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited January 2014

I signed up at the new gym, now waiting for my orientation, it is with a different guy than the one who signed me up.  The first guy I really don't have any connection with, so I'm hoping the new guy will inspire me!  

No exercise for me to speak of yet, but hubby and I are starting South Beach diet tomorrow, after a surprise 50th party for a friend today. Yesterday was Soupy Saturday, where my husband and a bunch of friends make Sopressatta (locally known as Soupy), a dry cured sausage.  We now have 112 sticks hanging from the rafters in our garage.  My favorite time of year to come home from work, as the aroma in the garage is heavenly for a few weeks.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2014

I don't move in for another 4 weeks, but promise pictures once settled.  I need to actually order the bedding, and discovered that patience is worth it.  I can get a duvet cover, so I can have down, not the "substitute".  Before, I was thinking about a "set", but you get more of a bedspread with those.

I was able to give myself the Neulasta shot, so I didn't have to go back on Day 2.  Not everyone can do this, but it was a snap.  I had to send a confirmation email as  per the study protocol.  I did ache, but I was also able to eat whatever I fancied, so a major bonus.

I am off to an all-day board retreat.  Did a Skype test yesterday with a potential new member and was astonished at how much the technology has improved since I last used it about 18 months ago.

The month ahead will be quite the adventure!  This includes rethinking my life and routine.  I need to recapture time and energy as the organization grows.  So much to do.   - Claire

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

Claire, you sound so excited about your move.  Hopefully this is a happy start to your new year.

Treadmill done.  Walk on the trail done.  It was lovely out.  Cold but SO nice.

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Darn it Claire - I wish I had caught you before your all day retreat!  I've never cooked them before but I picked up a couple of Cornish game hens that I'll be oven-roasting for dinner later today (around 5pm EST).  When I bought them I thought of you and figured 'Claire will know how to cook these mini chickens - I'll just ask her!'.  If anyone else has any tips for me please chime in, else I'll just google it.

xoxoxoxo

Edited to add: today was going to be my day off from working out but I'll likely get in 30-60 minutes shovel & sculpt sometime this afternoon.

• Warrior_Woman
    edited January 2014

Thanks everybody for the Neulasta information.  It's far better than living like a hermit.  If someone were to ask me who gave herself Neulasta shots, I'd guess Claire.  For me, I'll make the quick drive to the Cancer Center.  

And today it was 50 minutes up and down the stairs in my house.  All things considered, it isn't a bad workout.  

SweetandSpecial - In no way can my DH find out about all this shoveling.  I told him I probably won't be able to shovel again in this lifetime.  

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2014

Great pictures, Nihahi!  So envious of your free massage, Cheryl.

I also gave myself Neupogen shots for 5 days after my chemo infusion. I mastered the closed-eyes injection style.

Went on a hike today in the snow.

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

40 minutes shovel & sculpt.  It's getting to be more of a workout with so much snow. The snow banks on either side of the driveway are so high now that I can't just push and toss.  I have to squat, lift and throw.  And half the time the wind blows half of it right back at me.....egads!

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

I hear you, Sweet!!

Just did 1 1/2 hours of Extreme Shovel & Sculpt. For those of you that have not yet purchased this latest version of the original S &S workout, the Extreme version includes two stuck cars, digging, pushing, pulling, falling on a rock, more digging, more pushing, calling a neighbor, breaking a tow strap, more digging....and now, to replenish electrolytes...hot chocolate. 

Devil

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Nihahi - wow - those were BEAUTIFUL pictures - thanks so much for sharing. Warrior - please take of yourself. I'm one of those people that chemo knocked flat on her back too so I can empathize with the frustration of it all. My WBC crashed after my first chemo so I got Neulasta after that - like Ruth said it actually made me more comfortable about getting out in public and doing things. TH - I like your Winter Tree idea! Claire - I can hear your excitement about the move - love the idea of doing the bedroom in Puget Sound colors. Badger - LOL on having musgo for dinner! Sweet, I was thinking you were the Shovel & Sculpt queen, but Dulci is running a close second with her Extreme Shovel & Sculpt! Ruth - 15 below for a high? And a blizzard??? Yikes - please be warm and safe!

Errands & Sculpt yesterday. Today was a balmy 25 degrees out so I dragged DH down to the zoo to see Bao Bao, the new baby panda. Got some great shots of mom (Mei Xiang) and dad (Tian Tian).  Baby Bao Bao was napping at first, but finally she woke up and made an appearance for her adoring fans.  We also walked a couple of miles around the zoo to see some of the other animals. Came home and did a quick half hour run, but it was more of a run/balance exercise - 60% running on the sidewalks that people had shoveled, and 40% balancing on the icy snow where people couldn't be bothered to shovel the sidewalk. Grrrrrrrrr!

Here's a quick collage of some of the panda pix I took today - mom's on top right, dad's on bottom right, and of course the baby cutie in the left is baby Bao Bao. 

• Warrior_Woman
    edited January 2014

That panda suffers from terminal cuteness!  

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2014

Extreme shove and scult sounds like it got the blood pressure up anyways! Claire, I can't wait to see your place too - and how fun to be so close to all the trails!  Will you also have a nice view from your place?

I'm exhausted from the hair adventure last night ... finished in the wee hours of the morning.  I didn't go to bed until I had the bathroom back in order - which you know how long that can take following a home hair coloring session.  Now today is starting to look a little complicated, chores are backed up, still need to house clean and stupid new modem or router isn't holding a connection.  Have some company coming into town early this week, so really have a lot of things to sort out quickly!  Plan to workout tonight .... although I do think coloring the hair all night should count as something!  Have a great day everyone.

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Dulci - you are definitely in the lead in the shovel & sculpt event....lol! Hope there were no injuries associated with the rock?  I prescribe a hot shower and a good rubdown after replacing electrolytes. 

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Oh. My. Word.

I am SOOO sore!!! Lol.

I have been babying my pecs for about a year and a half. Trying to pick up two cars was NOT the way to make a comeback. 

The knee will be bruised (rock), but I'll live. 

As long as "the girls" are still in the right place everything will be fine. It's been a rough week. DH's transmission went out. Then yesterday we woke up to no heat. Very grateful that a repair man came out quickly and was able to replace the motor. Tuesday is supposed to be -30 with wind chills. 

Anybody in a warm state want to adopt me til Spring? 

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Come on out, Darlin' Dulci!

It was 78 degrees yesterday. I drove home from shopping with the car windows down.