Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Ruth - that is beautiful.  Didn't you post a sun dog picture not to long ago?  I've never seen one in person.  Thanks for posting!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,546
    edited January 2014

Unfortunately I have had several opportunities to post Sun Dogs this year.....brrrrrrr........it is so freaking cold!!!!!!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Happy birthday Dulcigirl!!

Busy day exercise wise here. Worked all day except for a short exercise break spent logging miles on the bike. Came home and spent 20 minutes on the shovel and sculpt task before hitting the treadmill for 3.5 miles. 

Ready for that margarita Blessings!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Zumba......a perfect prelude to margaritas!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Nice to see you Pat, and yes where is SAB. Wow Dulci that is really impressive, you deserve to eat Cheetos and Pizza. LB and Nats hope you both get good results for your DH's.

I'm bored, I'm eating cupcakes and that is my exercise for the day!!!! Oh yes and my back hurts like the dickens......

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Margaritas - my favorite way to rehydrate SmileNone for me tonight though Scared

Walked the dogs and did some pushups, a 90 second plank, and free weights at home.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

(((Warrior))) Let your body guide you.

(((Cheryl))) Hope your cupcakes are easing the pain in your back!

Beautiful picture Mary. So peaceful! Tell dh I'm thinking about him.

Love your pictures Ruth!

Happy Birthday Dulci! I like the way you party.

Blessings: Now that's the way to rehydrate!

Keep coming back Pat!

LilacBlue: So glad your dh has excellent care.

Welcome all! It didn't snow last night so I was able to walk/run this afternoon in 32 degrees with blue skies overhead. Felt good!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Wonderland - I forgot to ask you... did any of your Girl Scouts get a supply of Gluten-Free cookies? I heard from a Facebook friend that there were test markets to see if they would sell. I bet they would!

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2014

Warrior:  When I went through treatment my Onc said to 'take rest when your body tells you'.  I think your 18 hours of rest was definitely called for - and it gave your body a chance to renew and process the medicine most effectively for you! 

Ruth:  You guys make this Wednesday habit seem like a vacation - love the photo - everyone is so happy! Is everyone in the photo a bc survivor?

Fitness reporting:  16.25/off/9.5/10

I was off Monday, but it was an emotional day.  I was setting up a campaign website to try and help save those dolphins - lot of tears involved.  I was exhausted on Tuesday but knew I needed to workout to release the stress.  I'm glad I did - it helped me refocus and calmed me down. 

Hope everyone in the vortex right now is doing okay and not experiencing too many inconveniences.

• Blessings2011
    edited January 2014

IbD - Are you kidding? These women are Polar BEARS!!! They thrive in that sub-zero environment!!! Shocked

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Good morning all!  Got in 4.25 miles treadmill walking/runnin this morning plus lower back, abs and stretching.

I apologize for my short posts lately.  Workload is horrendous  right now and I'm barely managing to stay on top of things at home enough to have food in the house and clean clothes to wear.....whine, whine, whine! Bawling

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

I am going with the theory that the cold keeps us well-preserved......like the perfectly preserved wooly mammoths found frozen in the ice.

Inspired, the group I walk with are all retired teachers (which is why we walk at 8 am on Wednesday, when all our working teacher friends are starting their school day.....yes, we are rubbing it in Winking). By coincidence though, 3 of us in that picture have had BC, and the others have had their own challenges as well (as does anyone who lives long enough).

No subbing today, so happily back to my classes. Tomorrow I am 'teaching' 7th grade Science.....the teacher has a very naughty last period study hall.....can anyone think of a fun inside game for about 25 kids (that does not involve throwing anything)?

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

could you get several decks of cards and have them break into small groups and work on building the tallest card house? Of course...they could end up throwing the cards. Lol. 

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

And where is hooping Ann..missing you Ann!  NatsFan/Mary beautiful photo, - looked like a winter lovely run and glad I could inspire you for a change.  Hope your DH moves out of the pain in the most forward recovered way.  I'm still game thinking Ruth and might have something when my boy is home from school.  Wonderland, are thin mints sill around and no GS cookies over here, which actually is a good thing as I love em.  Have a presentation to do at Rotary this evening.  My partner in PRP has to teach, so it's just me (we usually do these together) and I have new flyers to hand out.  They have been supportive of our Pink Ribbon Pilates that is free to the women who attend and were pretty sure they will continue to be.

Body balance at the gym and pink ribbon pilates at our new location this morning with two new women joining us!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Absolutely no study hall suggestions...not one!!!!

Rather ticked off at the local snow removal team this morning. They just spent two long days, "clearing" the sidewalks around our place. Unfortunately, in reality, that means they carved out a wider walking path, (good), but ended up packing the snow into rockhard, slick as ice (well....it IS ice underneath the snow) bone breaking granite....sheesh!!!!!! Lovely...NOT!!! It's cold but sunny outside....guess I'm headed back to the gym....cabin fever is mounting!!!!!!

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

Treadmill done.

Hahaha, good luck tomorrow Ruth.  No suggestions here either.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

Ruth,

I've been having fun googling "indoor recess" ideas. Not as many for the upper grades, of course. But here are a couple that MIGHT work depending on the group.

1) Get a bunch of red solo cups and have them build structures while timed.

2)  (Because I've always thought rubber chickens were funny. Though they could become missiles if they fall into the wrong hands. Lol.)

Pass the CHICKEN
    Posted by:AussieBird #132128

Print this Item Clip to ScrapBookReport this item

PASS THE CHICKEN!
    In this game, nobody wants to hold the rubber chicken -- the game's only prop!

To begin the game, all students sit in a circle. Select one person to be It. That person holds the rubber chicken. The teacher or a "caller" says to the person holding the chicken, "Name five presidents of the United States"( for example). Pass the chicken!"

As soon as the caller says, "Pass the chicken," the person holding the chicken passes it to the right. Students quickly pass the chicken around the circle. If it returns to the original holder before he or she can name five presidents of the United States, the holder is still It. Otherwise, the person holding the chicken when It finishes listing five presidents is the new It.

You should prepare the topic cards for this game in advance. Topics can relate to your curriculum or be general information topics. The...
  • Blessings2011
    edited January 2014

Ruth - all I can think of is duct tape. And chairs. And mouths..... but that's probably not appropriate Winking DH is a retired HS teacher - in a continuation school! He had many "naughty" students....

nihahi - Look at you! Beautiful!!!

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Yes, Nihahi - I was going to mention how nice it is to have a beautiful face to go with the beautiful name nowSmile.  I need to get a better picture loaded for my Avatar.  This one, while in a beautiful setting on a wonderful trip, reminds me of the movie 'A League of Their Own' where they had nice close-ups of all the team players except the ugly one.  I think her character name was maybe Marla?  Anyway, for her picture the camera was a good 50 yards away so you couldn't make out her features......lol!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2014

Belated happy birthday, Dulcigirl!  Mary, yes, it was a lot of hard work, but it was worth the pain to be pain-free. Cheryl, hope you can find someway to relieve your pain.

Ran a lot of errands on my bike, with plenty of hills.

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

You guys are too complimentary......It's a small enough photo to blur the wrinkles! Nerdy

45 minutes of intervals on the elliptical.....boring.....I just pretended I was climbing some cross country ski trails to stay sane!

ruth....you don't sound very "retired" to me....how often do you sub, anyway?

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

nihahi: Beautiful!!!

Blessings: Our Girl Scout Council is is test marketing the gluten-free cookies. Not all the troops opted to sell them. Hope they do well.

LilacBlue: Thin Mints will never go away!

Walked/ran this afternoon at the park.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Subbing depends on the week, twice a week is about perfect for me....3 is OK, I don't do more than that unless there is an emergency situation and they can not find another warm and living body to cover it. As far as games go, this group would be beating each other over the head with the chicken......DS was trying to explain a game for a large group involving werewolves, so I may give him a call, personally I like the 'Duct Tape Them to the Chairs' idea best myself!

Great picture, nihahi! Fun to see a face with the name.

OMG, what a day (in a bad way) this has been......3 of us Walking Wednesday ladies also go to a Core class on Tues/Thursdays, and yesterday we convinced two of the other gals to try it out. So they came & we were about 30 minutes into class (which involved lots of lunges etc. today), when one of the newbies felt kind of shaky, stopped her exercise, walked to the back of the room and fainted dead away, with her head striking a piece of equipment on the way down. So there she was bleeding, white as a sheet, and totally unresponsive. The instructor quick;y called 911 & a staff member who knows first aide, while we tried to contact her DH & adult son who lives in town (which, thank God, we finally did). We followed the ambulance to the hospital & waited with them in the ER for several hours. The good news is that it wasn't a stroke or really bad like that, she didn't break any bones, and the cut was superficial. She does have a concussion & they are holding her overnight for observation, but we did get to talk to her before we left & her color was back & she was joking around etc.......ARGH!!! I am going downstairs to CAREFULLY run on the treadmill for awhile just to de-stress!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

OMG....RUTH!!!!! ....what an experience!!

faces and heads bleed like crazy....hope she has minimal se's from the concussion. Maybe your core class should make helmets mandatory!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

I think people should think twice if I give them the advice to, "try (fill in the blank), it will be fun" !!!!!!!!!

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Ruthie!!!! OMG!  So glad a concussion was the worst injury.  Not that a concussion is anything to sneeze at.  Good that they're keeping her overnight.  Bet she and the rest of the Wednesday walkers will get a lot of mileage outa this incident, huh???

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Wow, Ruth, what a day! Glad your friend wasn't more seriously injured, but that must have been so scary!

It is getting cold here by our wimpy standards - OMG! It's below freezing!! Shocked

Nevertheless, DH and I and the puppy girls took our walk. We're brave like that. I also went to the gym and did upper and lower body weights and stretching.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

How awful Ruth. Hope your friend recovers quickly. 

Hit the gym after work today for 15 minutes on the Elliptical before boot camp. Long day tomorrow so will likely have to do some stair stepping and regular toning exercises late in the day. 

Happy Friday ladies. 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Well, she texted me from the hospital because she was getting bored, so that is a good sign!

• nihahi
    edited January 2014

That IS a good sign, ruth....hopefully it wasn't gibberish Nerdy. You'll have to equip her with a bubble wrap hat, next time you take her "coring".