Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

No idea. I got bored and crunched. 

When I was in 3rd grade my mom was in charge of a children's church activity one summer night. We actually did count...and she submitted our stats to Tootsie Roll. They sent us certificates for bravery and perseverance! Lol. Fun memory. 

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2014

DulciGirl - Have a very happy 48th birthday tomorrow!  Weigh in first - party afterwards!  :o) Hope your day is special!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

I will always giggle when I think of Body Jam, thanks to you ladies!!!

Lilacblue, sincerely hoping for great scan results for hubby and smooth sailing with the surgery. Would love to try the piloxing. 

Happy early birthday Dulcigirl!!! Hope you are treated like a queen on your special day...

Mary, hope all is well with you and hubby. 

Should be on the treadmill now but am watching movies with DH instead. Think I will do some toning and stair reps instead just for variety....

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Dulci - I've never made it to the center without crunching

Blessings - I can't help it.....my mind just GOES there!  I have no control Winking.

Ruth - love your gut feeling reaction to things......I'd have to throw a shoe at something else cuz my TV cost me $2500.

xoxoxoxo to all 

• iamnancy
    iamnancy Member Posts: 641
    edited January 2014

Sunshower - I loved wearing abbey caps when I couldn't wear a wig.. I think at the gym a wig would be hot and a good place for an abbey cap..I bought a few of them on amazon..

Dulci - happy birthday!!

Will do the 1 mile walk tonight if I can get off of this chair!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

LB: Hope your dh's PET results are wonderful!

And yes, Thin Mints are still the #1 cookie (at least where I live). I devoured one box in only 2 sittings. Happy

Happy Birthday Tomorrow, Dulci!

Ya'll have me laughing about Body Jam! Will never think about it the same.

I was able to walk/run in the early afternoon while it was still sunny. Cold is coming back and maybe, just maybe snow flurries. We haven't had snow yet this year.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2014

Dulci......does this mean we can all have cake in your honor????

I have to go home and clean up.  They are showing my place tomorrow.  All I want to do is take a snooze.  Plus fit in a walk.  Etc.

The good news is that with a crash and burn clean up, no time to think things through, so I won't waste any time.  Something to be said for that.

I am so glad that all I have to do for the final cleanup is hand over a check for $85.  Much easier and much better. - Claire

• TwoHobbies
    TwoHobbies Member Posts: 1,532
    edited January 2014

Maybe Dulci can do our BJ class now that she had practiced on that tootsie pop. Happy birthday. 

Sun shower you will not want to wear a wig exercising in FL. I did chemo in the summer. I just wore a baseball cap but the buffs seem to be a great choice too. The wig i wore to work. 

I did no exercise other than grocery shopping. Yesterday it was 31 at lunch so i walked today it was 4. No thank you. glad i popped in for the laughs 

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

oh, Two!!!

My poor little innocent eyes!!! Do NOT corrupt the memory of my Tootsie Pop!! Sick

And yes, Claire... Cake for everyone!

Thanks for all of the wishes. You are all so sweet! My birthday plan as stated to my family: Get up. Ride my bike for as long as I want. Make my grandma's shortcake recipe to go with the strawberries I cut up tonight and doused with sugar. Then for dinner? BLT pizza and Cheetos.

Do I know how to party, or what??!! I will probably feel sick after, but it'll be fun for a while. 

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

I will be at Dulcis house tomorrow night, that party sounds just perfect for meHappy You girls are so wicked, wait till I tell this story to my BJ instructorWinking No exercise for me today, I went to the doctor for my cortisone shot and he decided to treat me with an oral steroid, he did x-rays of my back as he thinks my foot problem is emanating from there and he was talking about an MRI (which I think is overkill) of course the x-ray showed mild arthritis in my spine, what's new and then when I went to pick up my prescription they told me the insurance company says I can't have it for 3 days Bawling

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Dulci

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Managed an evening walk after a full work day and my annual appointment with my GYN,

Happy Bday, Dulci!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

8k walk today.....sheesh there's a lot of ice on the pathways and sidewalks around here!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,546
    edited January 2014

Anybody who says exercise can't be fun has never visited this thread! Loopy

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Happy birthday Dulcigirl!

Worked a 12 hour day yesterday and zonked out on the couch by 9:00 but was up and at 'em this morning with my group class.  Lots of heavy weight lifting today, 11 different stations in a circuit with 60 seconds at each station.  We did the circuit twice with track work after each circuit completion, then final 2 lap run and stretching (one lap is only about 125 yards).  I'm down just over 5 pounds from Jan 1 Smile.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

Happy (belated) birthday Dulci.

Treadmill done!

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Good job S&S. 

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

I swore I wouldn't permit it but chemo has really zapped me.  Yesterday I slept 18 hours!  I'm snowed in now so I will house clean.  I'll turn up the music and hopefully be able to keep moving.  

Happy Birthday Dulci!

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Hugs Warrior, be kind to yourself.  Your body needs some healing time. 

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited January 2014

Goodness, it's been a while since I've been here.  Really haven't done much exercise at all since Thanksgiving.  Plan on joining a new gym in my area, if for nothing else to give me a new perspective on my health. I certainly need something new to get me going.

Mary, was down in your area over the weekend for a quick visit my daughter - we took a lovely walk around Lake Artemesia.  They explained to me how so many paths connect (Paint Branch, etc.) - I know you live near there, what an awesome benefit to have so many places to run/walk while still living in a mostly urban area.

We did not get as much snow as predicted, probably around 5 inches, enough to cancel work (YAY).  So I got some shovel and sculpt in.  And now I am sore in the wrong places, a testament to my sorry shape.

I know I've missed tons in this thread, but will try to visit more regularly from now on.  Just wanted to say hi!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Happy birthday Dulcigirl! Pat, good to see you (SAB, you our there?) and Warrior Woman hope your energy lifts soon. Yesterday, while DH was busy, I was able to talk to his chemo nurses, radio
    receptionists and peg nurse Jane. All who work at the Oncology Centre
    are highly competent and treat everyone with extreme kindness and dignity. I'll
    always be grateful for the NHS.

Due to huge traffic snarl/ accident on the roundabout that kept the instructor Sue from getting in, so, spent an hour on the elliptical cross trainer and body balance this morning.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Mall walking with my Wednesday Walking Women.

• iamnancy
    iamnancy Member Posts: 641
    edited January 2014

Ruth - cute picture -so nice you have a group to walk with

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

WarriorWoman, the last thing you should do is get down on yourself. Chemo zaps most people and it's not because you somehow lack the willpower to prevent it. It zaps cancer cells and everything else in the process. There is life after chemo, and then you can make a comeback. Meanwhile do only what you feel up for when it comes to exercise. If you can get outdoors when you have nice weather and do a little walking, that alone will do you a world of good.

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Ruth, you post the greatest pictures.  Happy pictures.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Wow - miss a few days and there's so much to catch up on!

First, Lilac, I want to give you a special thanks for recalling my training for the half last year. I've been feeling very uninspired lately and what you wrote reminded me of what I did in 2013, and that there's no reason I can't keep it going in 2014. We were at the cabin this weekend, so after reading your post, I hauled myself out in 17 degree weather over to Catoctin National Park (where Camp David is) - we're just 3 miles from there. There's a 1.5 mile section of gravel road they close for winter, so I decided to run the length of that section and back. It was BEAUTIFUL!! Snow on the ground - just enough to be pretty, a startlingly blue sky, and there was no one else on the trail.  Thank you so much for inspiring me to get my butt out there! I looked up your London Night run - looks fabulous - you'll do great! I hope you do have the GPS bib - I'd love to turn the tables and follow your race!  Also, I'm so hoping for great results on DH's PET scan. He's really been through it - as you both have.

On the soy issue - funny how different oncs are. My onc says the studies are all over the place about soy, and told me frankly not to worry about it. Don't go out of my way to eat soy, and don't go out of my way to avoid it. She said the studies did strongly support doing three things to reduce the chances of recurrence:  1.Maintain a normal weight (still working on that one).  2. Exercise 30 minutes a day (pretty good about that one) 3.Take a baby aspirin daily (easy).  The last time I saw her she added a 4th:  Take a Vitamin D supplement daily to maintain a good Vit D level (easy to do, and at my last test my Vit D levels were in the 60's which she's very pleased with).

Sunshower - hope you avoided that cold! As for baldness, I was a baseball cap wearer. You'll probably try a few things and find out whether you're a wig person, a scarf person, a baseball cap person, a cute hat person, etc.

Heidi - congrats on the good body fat and excellent muscle % - nice to see all your hard work validated, isn't it?

Dulci - Happy Birthday!!!

Body Jam, huh? Is that what they call it now??

Warrior - I was one of those that chemo knocked for a loop. It was all I could do some days to walk from the bedroom to the living room. Be good to yourself. If you need to rest, respect that.  Everyone's different - some people sail through chemo, and others have a rough time.  It's just the way it is. 

Thanks for the good wishes for DH.  I'm learning more about this pain syndrome than I ever wanted to.  DH has a triple phase bone scan today to check for changes in the bone and in blood circulation. Tomorrow he’s scheduled for a nerve block – the idea is to use that diagnostically at this time – if he gets relief from the nerve block, then that's pretty indicative of CRPS.  If it is CRPS then he’s got a long row to hoe, with drugs, PT, nerve blocks, etc. And no guarantee of cure. Sigh – it’s hell getting old.

Did a core/body ball DVD yesterday, then a couple of half hour sessions of shovel 'n sculpt. Ruth - you still haven't retrieved your ND weather that was delivered here by accident - 7 inches of fresh snow on the ground this morning, and it was 3 degrees when I left for work!!!

Here's a picture of my Lilac-inspired run in Catoctin National Park.   As you can see, it was beautiful!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Happy Birthday wishes going out to Dulci and thanks for the laughs, ladies....this is the place to come for coffee-snorting, that's for sure!

2 weeks post Stage 2, so starting back with some intensity and interval stuff. However, it's snowing, so it was on the dreadmill....but it sure beats "meandering like a turltle"!!!!!!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DULCI!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.... xoxoxo

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Blessings - you're my kind of woman!!!  Happy

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Thanks, all!!

Blessings...too funny. And ALMOST spot on!! (Uncharacteristic Brag Alert!!!)

I rode 48 miles today!!!!!!!!  I wanted to ride as many miles as my age. I've never ridden that far in one day.

I'll be "rehydrating" later with BLT pizza, Cheetos, and homemade strawberry shortcake. Anybody want to join us? 

(Hope I can walk tomorrow!)

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

It's not out fault Mary, it is another Polar Vortex!!!!!

Here's a picture taken today of why I was inspired to exercise indoors!