Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited June 2010

Welcome back Ruth, we've missed you.  Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation, worst part about coming home is emptying the suitcase and doing the laundry.  No exercise for me today unless you count sitting in the bleachers and woohooing my goddaughter and all her friends who graduate high school this afternoon.

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2010

Welcome back Ruth. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We need you tartlet sister to cheer us on and keep us in line. LOL Nothing like coming back home to the reality of life. Glad to know that you did a lot of walking on the beach. Sounds wonderful. I am gonna have to go to cali soon just to enjoy the beach. Sure is not the sun! Take care check in later.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited June 2010

Welcome back Ruth... you were missed!   What a Great way to start the summer with a great trip and the beach!!!

Biking and walking again for me today.  Last night DH and I have been gardening (really late this year).  Our rototiller did not work and so we have been "Garden Clawing" and boy is THAT a workout.  Back at it again tonight cause the plants that I bought in May NEED to be planted!!! Embarassed

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2010

Only did 1.89 mile walking yesterday.  Today only must over a mile and getting ready to meet friends for dinner - must try and be good.  So won't do any more tonight but the weekend looms.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited June 2010
    Did an hour of toning to a FIRM DVD and cleaned the whole house AND bought groceries AND did a Walmart run, the party is over for me Cry.
  • balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited June 2010

Welcome back Ruth~ Glad to hear you had a great time.  

I went for a small bike ride today~ Cleaning the house...doing laundry ...trying to get ready for the weekend!

Have a wonderful evening

Balsie~ 

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited June 2010

I managed to take a walk today after a long hiatus nursing the bad knee; also just plain over my head with rads pain and trying to keep up with some dog training when the knee allowed.  My DH came along for the walk, which made it pass by quickly, tho he had to slow down for me.  Doc says biking is better for me than walking, so off to the rec center tomorrow.  Last zap was today!

I've heard your voices calling---glad to hear you're back and had a good time, Ruth.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited June 2010

Congrats on the last Zap Retriever!  Take it easy on the knee.  I have not experienced knee pain in a few months now - Amazing! 

Has anyone heard from Bobcat??

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited June 2010

Welcome back, Ruth!  Glad you had such a good vacation. I think walking in the sand (at least where it's soft) is a workout and a half so I'm guessing you got plenty of exercise!

Hurray for last zap, retrievermom!!  Mary Louise, that kind of garden work is hard, and hurray on the no knee pain -- mine's way less but still flares up sometimes. Ouch.  I'm grateful for every day I don't have it!

We've had rain after rain, storm after storm, and of course good and hot.  Miserable to be outside.  If the humidity doesn't get you the skeeters will! :)  Indiana can be like this but it's been unusually hot and wet for this early in the summer.

I got up early (why, on my days off, do I always wake up so early) and did my LS 2 miler, I'm slowly feeling less uncoordinated but still feel like a clunky blob a lot of the time!  Undecided  Very humbling, I've always been graceful and well coordinated.  I'm still waiting to hear about the YMCA cancer exercise program, I'm really hoping it's as good as it sounds.

Time to shower and go run errands.  Happy exercising, everyone!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2010
    It takes a longgggg time to get back to normal; but for everyone who keeps active during treatment, even if it's at a very reduced amount (which would be 99.9% of people, myself included), know that it will make your recovery a lot quicker once you are done. Bobcat and Mom of 2, if you are out there please report in, we miss you!!! I just got back from having blood sucked out of me at the clinic in preparation for my 6 month checkup in July; gosh that creeps me out Surprised!!! My cat sitter is coming over for coffee in a couple minutes, then I need to pay bills. I'll exercise later this afternoon. No rest for the wicked!
  • hbcheryl
    edited June 2010

Walked on treadmill for 30 minutes and then one hour weightlifting class with lots of squats and lunges - my poor knees really were screaming and yelling on the squats - they were going ow ow ow ow owYell

Cheryl

• ruthbru
    edited June 2010

an hour of toning, an hour of picking up branches in the backyard (wind storm), 15 minutes on the treadmill. I'm tired, I think my vacation is catching up with me!

• patoo
    edited June 2010

Well this was a week of little workouts.  After work had dinner with DS then went to see Toy Story 3 with him.  Funny movie but then came home and crashed.  But, it's the weekend and I've been making up for it so will let the voices push me out the door tomorrow.

Hope everyone gets lots of exercise this weekend.  Enjoy.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2010

Rest up tonight, patoo; the voices will be in New Jersey tomorrow morning!!!!

• ebann
    edited June 2010

Well I made myself get up this morning to workout at the gym. Took a class called pure strength and it was really good. I am going to feel it tomorrow and the next day after that is for sure. Have a make up class with Jim on Sunday. Monday Bill is having his surgery at 8:30am. We have to be there at 6:30am. I will be staying with my mom for the week, They have a pure fitness down the street so I will make myself go.

Retrievermom....yay! on the last zap!!!! Always a good feeling

See ya later Tart Sisters

• ruthbru
    edited June 2010

Pure Fitness is a cool name. Is it a francise? Let us know how Bill does.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2010

And I add more congratulations to you, Retrievermom, on being zap free! 

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited June 2010

Ruth, I like your new profile pic! Elizabeth, I'll be holding Bill & your family in my thoughts, keep us posted.  Cheryl, your workouts amaze me (along with everyone else's), my knees hurt in sympathy :)  Patoo, I'll "voice" at you if you voice at me! 

We had yet another storm last night (two, actually, one early and one in the middle of the night).  I woke up early again (but tired -- durn thunder kept waking me up) so I did 1 mile LS, felt like a wimp, but I'm ready for bed again.  A light breakfast and then laundry and other chores... maybe a nap later!

Happy weekend, everyone!

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2010
    Firstly congratulations to retrievermom - happy dance, happy dance, yay.  Elizabeth have a good workout with Jim tomorrow and I know you'll be a busy girl next week what with Bills surgery and taking care of your Mom but don't forget to take care of you as well.  Nature I can say it here - sometimes I actually amaze myself, I can't believe how much progress I have made over the past year, I used to sit on the bike and look in at the class but I was afraid to do it because of the punching and my mastectomy but I spoke with Eduardo and he showed me how to hold back when I first started but now look out, if you get in a fight - I'm your girlSealed.  Speaking of which this morning I did a Body Combat class, once again class full of new people and someone was in "my spot" so I ended up in the front row, directly in front of Alex the instructior so needless to say I worked out really hard this morning and then I did some retail therapy this afternoon.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend, beautiful weather here in So Cal.
  • ruthbru
    edited June 2010

Beautiful not humid weather here too; walked for 45 minutes this morning & did 30 minute FIRM Sculpt DVD.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche
    Diagnosis: 2/2007, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

• patoo
    edited June 2010

3.19 miles logged today; 2.1 was on focused walk this morning and then another mile during the day at a flea/farmers market.  Need to start including some weight training as that's supposed to be where the weight loss really happens.  So I'll try and get to the gym tomorrow after church and work on the machines.  Rev up those voices for me ladies.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2010
    PUMP IT UP, PATOO!!!!!
  • ebann
    edited June 2010

Thank you everyone for keeping Bill in your thoughts and prayers. I will let you know on Monday or Tuesday what the outcome is.

Ruth Pure Fitness is a francise. I like the name to just kind of fits.

Have a good night everyone...night

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited June 2010

Good luck to Bill Elizabeth!

Welcome back Ruth-sounds like you had some fun, and now...back to the exercise mines (although you got some nice work in during the wedding time...)

Patoo, way to go!

While I usually go get some sort of workout in on the weekends, I was really tired of the house being dirty, so I do what I call power cleaning...I run around like a crazy woman from one room to another!  If someone came here and saw me doing this, they would think I was nuts.  Now that I am doing it without a bra because of rads, it's even weirder I'm sure!  The guys were out of the house watching World Cup/US Open, so I just put on music and literally walked and worked as fast as I could from one room to another.  

See how my pride has disappeared!  I'm telling you girls all my secrets.  But I got my heart rate up, used squats to pick up things, clean toliets, used biceps and tricepts to mop, vacuum, and dust, and did lunges to clean the bottom of things.  It's pretty darn funny.  

I have a nice clean house and didn't think about my sore chest until the evening.  Today I did some prep cooking for the week and guys are helping clean up and work in the yard.

Everyone have a great week...stay strong!

Kim 

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177
    edited June 2010

Um. Missed a day yesterday. Nearly said I skipped a day but that's not true, i didnt do any skipping, taking my aged mother out is no skipping matter. Although she had lost a day somewhere and wasn't expecting me and had no excuses or delay tactics prepared, so we did pretty well! Not strictly accurate to call it a rest day though.

Made up for that today starting with a lovely walk into town, and home the long way, bonus point because they opened the lock-gates and swung the two swinging road-bridges to let three tall-masted yachts through,Yes i had my camera with me, and the family cycle race used my road home so there was no powered traffic and it was blissfully quiet.. Penalty point for forgetting my suncream (come ON, this is summer in Britain, you take a umbrella, cream is for abroad!)

Oh, and there was some big international football thing on, so the gym was literally empty :) which is daft as their screen is much bigger than mine at home, You could work out and still watch the match if you wanted to. The step machine is hard work but after it, the treadmill seems much easier!

• ruthbru
    edited June 2010

Power cleaning is double points, and dragging an aged parent around is triple points!! I walked for 45 minutes; didn't feel like it but went anyway. Patoo, did you do weights today?

• patoo
    edited June 2010

Well, since you ask.  The voices made me get out because I came home after church and was trying my best to take the day off.  Nope, got up went to the gym.  Did 6 minutes on the torture elliptical, 30 minutes on resistance weight machines and 24 mins on stat bike.  Also logged  2.3 miles on pedometer so it was a good workout day.  Hopefully adding in the weights will get my weight loss started again.

I agree with the cleaning and dragging someone elderly around - that's hard work! 

• hbcheryl
    edited June 2010
    Did a Body Step class this morning, boy was it hard work but the hour passed quickly and there were droplets of sweat on the floor after I finished so I know I worked hard.  After that went to the beach and had brunch, the city has Main Street blocked off and all kinds of vendors were hawking their wares so had a nice little walk around after brunch.  Hey Kim do you rent yourself out, you can come and power clean for me any timeWink.  Hymil you also get extra points for walking to and from the gym and it sounds like it was a lovely walk.  Patoo I see Ruths "voice" got to you today, you have to remember your weight loss was tied in with "shovel and sculpt" darned snow was a pain but you really got a great workout with it, hopefully incorporating the weights will help put you back on the path.  Have a great evening everyone.
  • ruthbru
    edited June 2010

I felt like being tortured today, so did the 500 Calorie Firm Workout DVD. I must be making progress because I didn't even once yell at the instructor on the TV begging her to quit!

• ebann
    edited June 2010

that is great Ruth. LOL I am at the hosptial with my mom while Bill is in surgery. Staying close by. I will let everyone know what the update is. Thanks for your thoughts and  prayers.