Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• balsie
    balsie Member Posts: 228
    edited July 2010

Dazd~Patoo sorry you are having problems with the kiddos...not fun!  

Really Kettlebells are so fun and the time goes quickly.  Plus , oh ya the big plus is 10 minutes of kettlebells is worth an hour on the treadmill.  I love that part.  

Today I am going to yoga class......

enjoy your day everyone

Balsie 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2010

Been in my pool this week for my exercise.Heading away tomorrow for a week.Will report in when I get back.Have a good week Ladies.

• StacyA
    StacyA Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2010

I was able to hit the gym today. I did 15 min on elliptical followed by some more strengthening work for my shoulder. However this was followed by nap time! So far I seam to be down 8lbs sense surgery to now. I'm just hoping I can keep active as I know as I go the drugs will make it hard to keep the weight off.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2010

Naps (following exercise) are good!!

We have been having stormy weather all day. Just did 30 minutes of toning in between the cloud bursts, tornado sirens, power going out, etc.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

did 30 minute FIRM tape......no X-rated moves to report!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2010

Tonight did Body Step class followed by Zumba class.  I have to say I find Zumba very easy and didn't even break a sweat but it is a lot of fun (and Ruth lots of butt shaking).

Thought of you Mary as the jets for the all-star game came in from the ocean and right over us, the house shook to the foundations.  Nite all. 

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited July 2010

Well made it to the gym tonight. Wanted to go this morning but I had to many errands that needed to get done. So I meet up w/ my buddy Tracy. We worked on the weight machines. We did 20 min on bike, 20 on ellipitical, and 20 min on treadmill. Keep increasing the levels. I am getting better at it. It just seems to take time to get to that point. The wonderful time of processing. Have a great one Tartlett Sisters.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited July 2010

Good morning!  I did 20 minutes elliptical plus 45 minutes of my LE therapy and weight training after work last night. And it was a magical day on my morning walk today - not only was it a 4-bunny day, but I saw two baby twin fawns with their mom.  Mom was munching on flowers in someone's front lawn while the fawns played on the lawn - they were only about 50 feet away from me and I just had to stop and watch in wonder and joy.  The fawns were so little and delicate, and still had all their white fawn spots.  It was a beautiful start to the day.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

What fun walks you have Mary! I walked for 45 minutes & didn't see anything interesting (possibly because it was so windy that I was concentrating on staying upright!) and did 15 minutes toning with Richard Simmons. My N.C. sister arrives Saturday for a week, and my brother & his wife will be here over the weekend, so I need to do some "Shovel Out the House Sculpt" and "Shop and Sculpt" the next couple days. Keep Up the Great Work! Ruth

• StacyA
    edited July 2010

It's has been so hot and humid here. I went swimming with the kids after a massage. It felt amazing to go swimming and stay cool. 

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

Stacy, after a crazy stormy couple days, it has cooled off nicely here; I will try to send some of the fresh air your way!!!

• balsie
    edited July 2010

Just got back from a walk with my hubby!  So nice out tonight!  We counted our blessing all the way around the golf course!

Warmly,

Balsie 

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2010

Body Combat class for me tonight, ooohhhh my knees.  I know I should take a break and let them rest but I'm addicted to these classes.   We haven't really had any signs of summer at all this year as we've had constant cloud cover but woosh the sun is out and it's blazing hot, I might do a beach walk this weekend.  Mary your morning walks sound absolutely lovely how lucky to be so close to nature. Have fun with your family Ruth.  Night all.

• ebann
    edited July 2010

Hot here to be doing anything outside. Though they do open the mall at 7am just for people to inside. Mall usually opens shops around 10am. Did not workout today, Went to visit w/ my mom, saw my brother Tony, Frank, & talked to my brother James which is rare. Got to see my daughter Seleania and her husband Joey. So it was really nice spending it w/ family. Sounds like everyone is doing an awesome job w/ their workouts.

Cheryl I know how it is to be addicted. I am starting to get that way.

Night Tartlet Sisters

• NatsFan
    edited July 2010

I realized this morning how much my gentle yoga class was helping to reduce the AI aches and pains as they've really hit with a vengeance since I haven't been to class.   (I had to forgo the Summer session class due to the Great Spider Bite Incident.)  The weight training was good Tuesday night, but wow did I feel it all yesterday and last night.  I only did 15 elliptical minutes yesterday and instead did 30 on the treadmill to try to use different muscles.  And this morning I did 20 minutes Wii yoga and a 20 minutes Pilates tape instead of my morning walk so no fawns this morning.  Frown  The next session of the yoga class doesn't start till September, so does anyone have a good gentle yoga DVD they can recommend that I can use till September? 

Ruth, after you clean your house, you can come here to do mine as well!  Laughing Stacy - I envy the massage - I need to treat myself to one soon to try to alleviate some of these aches.  Cheryl - is there a way you can do the class in a low-impact way till the knees get a bit better?  I'm sure Eduardo wouldn't mind!  Wink  Elizabeth - how fun to get together with all your family!  Ruth and Balsie - we'll take some of that cool upper Midwest air out here!!!!

Mary

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2010

Mary my problem is that once the music cranks up I just get going and can't stop myself and I got yelled at by Eduardo last night as he had shown me a low impact move instead of the jump back and forth move and I wasn't doing it.  Have you tried prunes to help with the AI aches, I read about that somewhere here on the boards and I do it and it seems to help (I take Femara) besides that I have always loved prunes as I grew up with a plum tree in the back yard and spent half my childhood climbing that tree.

• RegulJ
    RegulJ Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2010

This week I walked 1/4mile on Tues. 1 mile on Wed and did an hour in the pool today :)

The pool wiped me out more than walking in 90 degree heat.

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2010

Hi tartlets...

I am checking in quickly because my internet in tahoe is finicky!

I went on a 25 mile bike ride up here; I felt like such a stud!  Ha, me and my pink bicycle, all the cool bikers looked at me like I was crazy but I felt great.  I have been on several mini hikes...pooch can't really go with me anymore which is sad.  I also golfed today for the first time in a long time and am now cleaning our pad up here and procrastinating...

I can't wait until I can go back and see how well everyone is doing, right?  No misbehaving for us?  I still need to find the TART bus, of course, now that I want to find it it's nowhere to be found...

XO
    Kim

PS Ruth I saw everything looked good, so happy about that! Take care all.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

Mary, go to Walmart or any other store like that & look for Yoga DVDs (or go on Amazon.com), there has to be plenty of them, and then you could just pop it in and do it. I know if I skip the toning more than two days, I really start to feel creaky; so I know the yoga/toning stuff makes a BIG difference with the Als!!
    Kim, it sounds like you are having a very tartly, exercise filled Tahoe Time!

I was able to exercise AND do a good deed all at the same time today: this morning I was sweeping out my garage when a car pulls up in my driveway. The 3 little old ladies inside explain that they are in town for their second cousin's funeral and are LOST. Can I give them directions to the church? Well, this church is half way across town, they are from out of town so don't know landmarks, and I am a terrible direction giver. So I said, "I need to go for a walk anyway, so what would you say if I got in the car, showed you where the church is, and then I will just walk home?" I must not have looked like an ax murderer because they agreed and off we went. They got to the church in time, and I had a good hour & 15 minute walk to get home Innocent(the halo represents my angelicness-LOL). Also did 15 minutes of abs & some more cleaning.

Night All! Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2010

Did 30 minutes in the weight room doing upper body workout then did the Zumba class, felt sorry for the instructor as only 6 people turned up for the class but she made it fun.

Kim sounds like you and your pooch are having a wonderful time in Tahoe, one thing about getting older is that you don't care what people think and who's to say that pink bicycles aren't the next big 'IN' thing so let them stare.  What a nice thing you did Ruth, you know those ladies will be dining out on that story for a long time (and their families will be mortified).  Elizabeth how great that you got to spend the day with your family and I'm glad you're enjoying your workouts so much.  Goodnight my friends.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

I want to find a Zumba class, it sounds like so much fun!

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2010
    Well I don't know about ND but here in So Cal they are everywhere, all of the gyms have them and dance centers and even the city has a saturday morning class, lots of booty shakin' going on Tongue out
  • NatsFan
    edited July 2010

Shake, rattle and roll - we had a real, genuine, California-style earthquake here in DC this morning!  It was only a 3.6, but because our geology is so different than California, it's enough to rattle things on shelves and was felt as far away as West Va and Pennylvania! It was a loud one, too.  As you can imagine, we're all buzzing about it.  I know that Cheryl is probably laughing about how small it was, but it was something remarkable for around here.

Kim - your Tahoe trip sounds like it was just what you needed.  And I like the pink bike fashion statement!  Ruth - I'll definitely check on Amazon.  And you definitely earned your halo and got in exercise all at the same time.  

Exercise report in - not so good for me.  I did 10 minute on the elliptical last night then about 15 minutes of weights, but instead of getting into it like I normally do, I was getting more and more tired. So I called it quits before I injured myself and slept in this morning, and now I feel so much better.  I think I was just tired.  

Off to the cabin this weekend.  Our chore this weekend is to wash all the windows inside and out.  The cabin is a little one story octagonal cabin, but the walls are mostly ceiling to floor windows, so we're going to be busy!  Squeegee Sculpt?? 

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

Sometimes you just need to sleep (until the eathquake strikes anyway, yikes!). I walked around the dam for 45 minutes, didn't see any wildlife but lots of mom's with strollers, people walking dogs, kids with fishing poles, so that was fun. Also did 30 minutes "Super Speed Sculpt"

Update on my friend Jane, her onc was 'glad' (his words) to see that the spots were 'only' in the lungs and commented, "Oh, we can take care of those." The day after her scans & appointment, they inserted a port and started chemo the day after!!!! She had to have infusions every Friday for 18 weeks, at which time the spots will hopefully be gone. At that point, who knows? Watchful waiting or ??? We went out for a long lunch yesterday (Food Therapy) and she is in an upbeat, fighting mode, but says it has happened so fast that she really hasn't even had time to wrap her mind around it. So if you can put her on your permanent prayer list, and give a prayer up for her every once and while......thanks.

I'm off to buy groceries. Have a great day & a great weekend if you are being out of town! Ruth

• balsie
    edited July 2010

Ruth that was so sweet of you!

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177
    edited July 2010

Im going, Im going.. the voices are after me! Nice work team :)

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010
    Report in on your exercises hymil, the 'voices' are waiting to hear back from you Surprised!
  • StacyA
    edited July 2010

I walked this morning, 2 1/2 miles. It's been hot here, 90 plus humidity yuck. Tomorrow hotter w more humidity so tomorrow is a pool day and playing with the kids. I seam to get a pretty good workout doing that. 

• ebann
    edited July 2010

Well today I did not workout. I was sick from both ends. I think I got food poisioning from last night. So I seem to be doing better & plan to head out in the morning to exercise. Missed 3 days & it is driving me nuts. Hope to have a good night sleeping. Night Tartlet sisters.

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177
    edited July 2010

Sorry to keep you waiting Ruth I went to the gym and did my stuff about 300 calories, Then I passed the sweetshop and blew it all...  oh well. What is life without chocolate eh. This is a day for dodging the showers so I will get plenty of exercise, hope i don't slip over

Elizabeth sounds like you need an extra day in bed and a good rest.