Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited July 2010
    Okay its Monday a new week I am off to the gym ladies.Lets see how long I can last, will report back later.Smile
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited July 2010

It is actually hot & steamy here today; went out early & did a 45 minute walk to beat the worst of it, now just did a nice, gentle 30 minute pilates DVD in my air conditioned house.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited July 2010

Did a fabulous Body Combat class tonight, Eduardo is on vacation so we had saturday Dave (our policeman) and he put together a mix of old and new stuff and it was just one of those fantastic hours although at one stage I though my stomach was coming up I was working so hard. 

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited July 2010

I have been off the exercise wagon for a few days.  Drove 9 hours to Reno on Thurs for 3 days of dog shows, and used all my energy on my performances.  Did well 2 out of 3 days, and spent most of yesterday driving again.  It was dang hot there, and the dogs' paws would burn on the pavement, so no walks.

Sable:  my extended fam is in the DC area, and I hear weather reports.  Congrats on getting into the tart groove.

Thinking of Bill, Elizabeth, and know he and your mom rest easier since you are caring for them both.

Talked with a co-worker who recently had knee surgery, and we are meeting at the rec center tomorrow to ride the bikes together.

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited July 2010

Talked to Bill & my mom they are doing good today. Resting & taking it easy. They  both sounded good. I saw Jim today & did my workout. It felt so good to do it. Jim asked me if I did lunges down the hospital halls. LOL That is a good idea though they might put me in the pych ward. LOL Got to do my weight in. I lost 7 lbs. That was my goal to meet. So I have lost a total of 25 lbs in 4 months. It is all those lunges & squats Jim has me do. I wanted to say thank you everyone for your thoughts & prayers. They are greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful night. Night Tarlett sisters.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

25 pounds, Elizabeth, that is awesome!! 

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited July 2010

Whoa - 25 pounds!!  That's great.  Glad to see everyone out there exercising.  Good job Sable!  I had a lovely weekend at the Jersey shore.  Took our little boat out for a sail both days and had a 20 mile bike ride on Sunday.  Yesteday met my running buddy on the newly reopened and restored Delaware Canal - the oldest in the country for a run/walk along the river.  It was beautiful.  Now heading out to do a spin class at the Y.  Cheryl, glad to hear that Eduardo is still in the picture :)

• bobcat
    edited July 2010

Just changed my mind - it's too gorgeous outside today.  It's the bike trail for me! Have a great day all!

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited July 2010

Today Channel 12 is sponsoring Susan G Komen & making a ad. I get to participate in it. Excited to be apart of it!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

A STAR is born!!! We are having a thunderstorm here, so did a Kick Boxing DVD for something different. Have a tartly, movin' it day, ladies!! Ruth

• mumito
    edited July 2010

Well I survived my first two days back at the gym did 45 min on the machines yesterday and today.Tomorrow I will try a class. Keep on Moving ladies.

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177
    edited July 2010

Sorry but i did have more chocloate today. I had a long walk back from the garage and also tallied over 400 calories at the gym so I hope I'm not too stiff in the morning! It's still very hot and humid here, oppressively close. I like the idea of opening the malls early for people to walk in, so long as the caffes and chocolatiers don't open too!.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010
    Hymil, have dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) and then you can say that it's for medicinal purposes! Smile Like your new picture mum!
  • retrievermom
    edited July 2010

Rode bikes with a friend this am, and we are scheduled to meet again Thurs.  It's good to have an exercise buddy.  Tomorrow is a dog training morning for an hour.

Cooler with overcast skies and a breeze.  Thank goodness for the break from the heat.

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2010
    Wow Elizabeth you are a ROCK STAR congratulations on the weight loss.  Tonight I did a Body Step class and then Zumba and I have to say I am so impressed by you girls who exercise in the humidity our room was like a steam room and I was so lagging but I "puddled though" pun intended!!!  Yes Bobbi the delightul Eduardo is still around and kicking my buttLaughing on an aside, I took my 17 year old goddaughter to his class and she refuses to go back as she says he's crazy - and she's an athlete.
  • Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2010

Hi guys-

I am getting to be so bad at checking in with my favorite group, but I can assure you, this is probably going to be the only spot I stay on with in the future!  Suffice it to say that on some of the other boards there is a little too much negative stuff flying around!  Man!

I probably am pushing it too much exercise wise.  I put in another week of spin classes, swimming, weight training and hikes and now I feel really crappy.  Have a weird sore throat that I initially thought was from Arimidex but might just be because I'm tired.  OK now I feel like I'm a crybaby, so I'll get off of that for the time being.

I saw my onc Monday and it was the weirdest thing.  You all have probaby experienced it, your first appointment after you are "finished" with bc treatment.  The exam, the scrip for the mammogram, etc. etc.  I was a little surprised that I was surprised..."oh, that's right, I have to stay on the lookout for breast cancer!"  I drove out of there fine but looking at that mammogram scrip I was sad.  I think I was throwing myself into exercise like it was a "cure"...today I am a little sober.  

I'm taking the day off and just resting.  I just want to tell all of you on here that I am so happy I found a support group on this site that stays so positive and focused.  Thanks guys.

XO

Kim 

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

Kim, I always just cry like a baby after my rechecks (even though they have always been fine.....knocking on wood as I type this). I think because it just brings everything you've been through back into such a sharp focus and also the fact that it is never really over ,nor can you just put it behind you and never think about it again. You probably do have a sore throat from being tired, I never sleep well at all for about two weeks before my appointments. But the good news is that it doesn't have to be at the center of your life or thoughts (except at checkup time), and exercise IS actually part of the cure; both physically (as it lowers your chances of reoccurence big time) and mentally too. Yes, I would stay off certain boards if I felt at all shakey (and some I never, ever go on because then I would go crazy). There are some people who thrive on making other people upset. Go over to the humor and games section! They are really fun (but addicting!). It is beautiful here today and I plan to take a nice walk this afternoon; breathe the fresh air, enjoy all the flowers blooming, and like Kim, thank God for you all! Ruth

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010
    Did an hour walk & then ate a salad for lunch. I am trying to lose 7 'too much fun in the sun' pounds that I've gained since May. I am going to a church potluck tonight, so if anyone reads this before 5:30 DST, send stern, "Don't eat like a pig, Ruth!" voices this way. Tongue out
  • bobcat
    edited July 2010

Kim - I agree with you about this board.  I was forced to take a break because of health and work and now that I'm back this is really the only board I love and look forward to each day.  Ruth is right about exercise - gotta have it!!  It does so much for us.  My onc appointment is this Friday.  I know in my heart all will be fine but I am so anxious and always cry when I get back to my car because of the release from the stress of it all.  Will have to have that bone density this month and the blood work but praying all is fine.  It's hot and humid here again in PA.  Did my 20 mile bike along the river again this morning.  Felt so good to sweat but tonight my legs are just bone tired - could hardly make it up 6 flights.  Looking forward to a spin class in the morning.  Good night all....and thanks.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

Good Job, Bobbi! Think what those 6 flights of stairs are doing for your buns!!! BOBBI'S BUNS of STEEL!!!  We will be thinking of you Friday, and you will have to post right away once you get your good report!

I was good at the picnic; eating only 1 Sloppy Joe, 1 piece of watermelon, 4 pickles and half a glass of orange Kool-Aid. Now I should go to bed immediately so that I can resist further temptation!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited July 2010

Kim yes we all have the feelings.  My mammogam appt is next tuesday and doc appt next thursday my fear is starting and it's because our appointments are around the time of our diagnosis so like in my head I'm going two years ago I had this or two years ago I had that but two years ago I was stumbling around blind now I have all of you.  And you really should pop over to the "humor" thread as Ruth started the funnest game.  Wow Bobcat 20 miles you are amazing, I really have to give spin another try as you all seem to like it so much and with 6 flights of stairs you don't need to use the stairclimber at the gymLaughing

Tonight it was Body Combat and when the instructor yelled out "anyone sweating into their eyes" I could truthfully yell out "yes" as I was dripping and once again I missed my morning aquacise class so I guess I really am just not a morning girl at all, I did wake up in time but just blew off the class.  Nite all.

• bobcat
    edited July 2010
    Just back from the 20 mile bike ride - I love that ride!!  Off to work and then dinner with my 21 year old son - he's doing an internship this summer only an hour away!  Love that I can see him more often Kiss
  • mumito
    edited July 2010

Its a cool day here for a change I think I will round up a few neighbours for chat and walk today instead of the gym. They will all be suprised to hear from me.Since my DX I have not been very social anymore.Not even sure why?

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010

I think it makes you more centered in yourself, but I think it is good to get back out and walk and chat and be social again, so good for you, mum. Speaking of social; took a really long walk with my fast walking, fast talking neighbor. Up and down hills, around and up and down bleachers at a track, through alleys to look at people's gardens, talking a mile a minute all the way......good work out and fun too.

Bobbi, my 21 year old son has been home for the summer and it has been SO fun just having him around. I will miss him when he's back off at school again in a few weeks Cry.

Cheryl, I can never stick with an early morning exercise schedule either. I have tried many times, because it would be nice not to have to squeeze it in at night, but just can't do it.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Ruth

• retrievermom
    edited July 2010

I biked at the rec center this morning with my friend, and came home to teach a dog lesson for an hour.  Then off to the rad onc for a skin check, followed by some errands.  Days off are hard work!

My boy turns 21 this fall.  Next week, my DH will be away on a work-related trip, so DS & I will have some special time together--that is, unless that new video game causes him to disappear.

• mumito
    edited July 2010

Enjoy this time with your son it probably won't be long before he moves away and only see him occasionally. I have to make lunch dates with my son now to catchup.

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited July 2010

Just slipping in to say hi to everyone... I've been in a slump and not posting much of anywhere and certainly not here.  Exercise has taken a partial hit since my emotions took a nose-dive but I'll pull out of it.  Nothing else much to say, except you're all fabulous and inspiring as always!  Keep up the good work!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2010
    Nature, do you need encouraging voices Kiss, or crabby voices Yell? We can send either, or both!!!
  • Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2010

Hi guys-

I'm sick as a dog with stupid bronchitis.  I came down with it fast; my sore throat was indeed a sore throat leading to an infection in my chest the very next day!  Probably a combo of overdoing it exercise wise-I was really pushing it, my WBC counts were low and I'm sure my lungs weren't perfect after zapping.  On antibiotics now, rad. onc is watching for pneumonia!  I'm mad at myself, I really didn't think I was vulnerable to getting sick because I felt great.

Anyway this combined with my hot flashes really sucks and I'm feeling sorry for myself today.  I need some tart treatment this morning!  This too shall pass, right?!?

Anyway xxoo

Kim 

• NatureGrrl
    NatureGrrl Member Posts: 681
    edited July 2010

Kim, yes, it'll pass, but meantime, be easy & gentle on yourself and let your body do the work it needs to do to heal.  You'll be feeling great again before you know it...

Ruth, I've been my own crabby voice a bit too much, maybe (or maybe just crabby, ask my cat, she'll tell all) Undecided   Smile but a little encouragement wouldn't hurt!

It's cloudy and relatively cool (only 70 so far, I was even able to open windows last night!) so I'm headed to the woods for a walk.   This has been the hottest summer I can ever remember (and I lived without AC for 18 years, so I remember them!) -- almost non-stop heat and humidity since May -- and I haven't been outside much at all so I've really missed my nature connection. Off to say hello to the woods!

Happy Friday, everyone!