Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,540
    edited August 2010
    the prep isn't even that bad anymore; my DH just had his first one earlier this summer and I was amazed at how much easier than even two years ago when I had one (and he, like most men, is a big baby). We need to have some stern consequences for overeating (DS's girlfriend came over this evening with a French Silk Pie, I promptly ate two very large pieces Cry!!). SIGH........
  • ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited August 2010

Hi everyone, wow everyone has been busy working out & losing weight & gaining it all at the same time. I have been busy as you know being a grandma. Though this grandma did make time for herself. I worked out on Saturday, Sunday w/ Jim & today with Jim. Have not lost any weight so far. Though my selection of food has not been the best. I really needed to pack my meals when going to my DD house. Jim said the worse thing I did was skip meals. There just was not very many good choices and I would just not eat. Naughty I guess. Oh Ruth that pie sounds divine. I hope it tasted just as good. I hope to be on daily again reporting my exercise. It is a very good thing to do. I need to be accountable for it.

Have a great evening tartlett sisters. 

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

Elizabeth, what a darling picture!! And yes, the pie (unfortunately) tasted very good.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2010

Bobbi wow like your weekend was fabulous and you sure came home energized. Yes Patoo you do drop a few lbs with the cleanser but unfortunately they come back. MaryNY my advice is throw the darned Wii board away. It's a pity you couldn't have stayed a few more days Ruth as it sounds like a lovely spot and you need to get that girl to invent a no calorie or very low calorie pie or cake or cookie and you and I will be the official taste testers Tongue out Elizabeth seems you are enjoying being a grandma and Jim will kick your butt back into action real quick.  Today I feel old, I have 3 goddaughters, one is going to be a college junior one a freshman and today my baby arrived at my office in her new car on her own as she had got her drivers license an hour earlier, seems they were all babies a year agoFrown

Well I got my mammogram results today - all okay, whew, I've been sweating as it's been almost two weeks and the panic was starting to set in. Did Body Combat class tonight with the wonderful Eduardo and he has devised a new torture for us - we only got one short one minute water break in the entire hour, whew thought I was going to need CPR!!!!!!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

Sending the last (large) piece of pie through cyberspace to you, Cheryl, in celebration of your good mammogram news!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010

Thanks Ruth I'll save it for later as I've just had a cup of tea and a cookie and probably one of the best cookies ever called a "C2 Chocolate Duce" and they are soooo rich you can only have one.....

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

Do you buy that cookie or make it yourself?

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010

Buy it, one of my customers gave me a package as a thank you ooooh they are good.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

Oh, Oh..... I hope they do NOT carry them around here!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010
    You can always pm me and I'll send you some!!!!  We are naughty aren't weSmile
  • ruthbru
    edited August 2010

We are indeed.....

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177
    edited August 2010
    Hello tartlet sisters my poor littel 'pooter is still grinding to a halt but the exercise carries on, see how effective the voices are! I've been spending quite a lot of time at the gym in the last week or so, without buddy i usually manage about 400cals a session now, last night the running club went off without us and we had a much better fun run involving no hills and plenty of breathing breaks, rewarded with chocolate. Fitting it in around work is not at all easy. That's without extra family committments, I don't know how you grandma-girls do it! Keep it up Smile
  • NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2010

Hi Everyone!  The cookout at the cabin was wonderful - I even had some cousins fly in from Wisconsin for it, so we had a ball.  And the weather cooperated for once - after weeks of nothing but either 90+ degree days or blinding thunderstorms, it was cool and cloudy and comfortable, never getting out of the 70's.  But I'm wiped out!  It was a lot of fun but a lot of work, so this week is recovery week.  I did do the 20 minute Pilates this morning, and brought my workout bag to work so I could work out afterwards, so we'll see how that goes.  

Mary - my Wii Fit board also hovers just under that 30 BMI mark. The Wii Fit board is actually good for me - I weigh myself religiously every morning (I guess that means I pray it's under 30 Laughing) so if it hits that nasty 30 mark, then I know I need to really kick it up.  It also gives me a good overview of my weight over the months - right after treatment I was consistently at 31 BMI with my 20+ chemo pounds.  When I took my Femara "vacation" for a month I dropped 4 pounds in that month, then lost another 6 the next few months and I actually dropped below 29.  But then the benefits of the "vacation" began to fade and I gained 5 of it back.  Only 3 more years of Femara to go.  Cheryl - hooray on the clean mammo!!  Patoo - as Mary says, you'll lose a few pounds during the colonoscopy rep, but unfortunately it all comes back.  Yell  Ruth - I heard about the Twins game where the pitcher was removed during a no-hitter and wondered if that was the game you were at!  That was a great game.  Sounds like the ballpark is beautiful and you had a fantastic time - dh and I need to schedule a trip there to check it out.  

Happy Tuesday everyone!

• MaryNY
    MaryNY Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2010

Natsfan: I think the fact that the Wii screeched at me yesterday was a wake up call. I just can't go into the obese territory. What amazes me is how much one's weight varies daily.

I'm turning over yet another new leaf today - no more cookies, cake or icecream. Mind you I did google hbcheryl's "C2 Chocolate Duce." I promise I just wanted to see them on screen but Google didn't find them. Probably just as well.

It's going to be another hot day here today but cooler for the rest of the week. Today I go to yoga at Gilda's Club. I will try to walk or cycle in the evening if it's cooled down. And today I will finally go and look for that bike helmet.

• Beanius
    Beanius Member Posts: 1,494
    edited August 2010

Ruthbru - glad you had fun on your vacation, sounds beautiful!

Bobcat - thanks for the pat on the back, much appreciated. Now I get two weeks off from chemo - yeah! Sounds like you had a fun trip too. Hope your new tape turns out to be a good one.

Patoo - good luck with the colonoscopy. My neighbor recently had one and said it was no big deal, I sure hope the same for you. I have to get one but probably will wait ‘till after chemo, & rads. I found, online, this hilarious description by humor writer, Dave Barry. I'm not sure if others would find this amusing, but here is the link just in case: http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/02/11/427603/dave-barry-a-journey-into-my-colon.html BTW - I just love your signature, that is so special.

MaryNY - I'm so hoping the tamoxifen won't be a problem for you. It is so much harder to exercise in the heat, I'm wishing you the best! Congrats on giving up cookies, cake & ice cream. For some reason that's not a problem for me, it's the salty, crunchy stuff like potato chips that cause me problems. I just can't have potato chips in the house, it's too tempting and I lose control.

Ebann - hope you get back to an exercise routine again. For me it's so hard to get back into it if I stop for a while.

Hbcheryl - gigantic congratulations on your mamo results!!! I have to get mamos after chemo and before rads, I'm already dreading it...

Hymil - sorry about your pooter, I had to replace mine a month or so ago. I got a new gateway nv53 which was inexpensive and so far excellent.

NatsFan - sounds like a super fun time!! I weigh myself each day too. That way if I'm up a little I know to be more careful with my eating that day. Usually having salad for dinner a night or two will bring me right back down. (I've taken off over 20 lbs slowly over the past year and a half. I had gotten really depressed, I guess, and was not paying attention and had creeping weight gain. This was while my dear old dad was going downhill. He passed away at a ripe old age of 93 last year. I miss him so much. At least I didn't have to tell him or my mom that I came up with bc!) I am at the top of my healthy weight now - hurray, but would still like to take off another 5 to 10. It's a constant struggle, but I've really changed my eating habits now. I never let myself get hungry, that way I just have small portions, multiple times per day, that keep hunger away.

Today I plan an hour of exercise: 5 min walk to start, 25 min jogging, then 10 min walking, and 10 min stretching. This includes 4 times up and down a hill. And a gallon of water :-)

Wishing you all the best!! Happy exercising!!

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2010

Nats - the weekend cookout sounded wonderful.  So nice for you to be with family.  I have read that Dave Barry column - so funny.  My SO had his colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago - you would have thought they were removing his colon!!  What a baby.   I do like the cleanse part - it's not so bad anymore. MaryNy - glad you are getting that helmet.  Cheryl!! woohoo on the mammo - good news. 

Did my 20 mile bike this am and then The Firm Ab Sculpt - thanks so much for the recommendation Ruth.  It's the perfect length of time and very subtle - when I was done, my body was shaking but I didn't get that overuse feeling while doing the tape. I skipped the stretching at the beginnning and the end - no patience on my part.  She's engaging and encouraging and you don't do too many of any one exercise.  My box states that I will see results after only 10 sessions - I'm counting on it!  Patoo - I think you will like it too.

• Dazdnfused
    Dazdnfused Member Posts: 208
    edited August 2010

Hi guys-

I'm checking in quickly; let's see what I can remember...

Patoo, check in after colonoscopy, the prep is indeed the worst part of it. Take care of yourself after wards!

MaryNY my sister had the same thing happen with the Wii fit and she was MAD!  She said she didn't need any more people telling her what was wrong...heh heh.  

Bobcat, great job on the 20 miler, I love bike riding!

Cheryl, you are a brave woman to have to wait TWO WEEKS for results..I would have been driving them crazy.  You and Ruth need to behave yourselves, you naughty tarts!  See, you are influencing Mary ;)

Nats, I was wondering how your bite healing was doing.  

EBAnn you look so cute!  Not like a grandma, that's for sure.

Hi to everyone else.  I have fit in a spin class, a 4 mile walk and two weight training sessions so far this week.  When you are up for it, I will fill you in on what the nutritionist my onc recommended told me about diet and Arimidex.  Maybe that's for the other thread, but I'm still worried about going over there...you guys are all so positive.  I like camping out here.

XO

Kim 

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010
    Glad you like the tape, Bobbi. It is always scary to make a recommendation. Do the stretching too, it is good for you Wink! It's a good thing we are all exercising, since we also all like to eat! SIGH!!!!! I think I will be much better again once school starts and I don't have so many 'eating  opportunites'. I walked (with my fast neighbor) for an hour and did 15 minutes of toning with Richard. Keep up all the great work! Ruth
  • bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2010

Kim - do share. I am on Arimidex and also scared of the other boards :)  Just would like to know what they recommend.  Night all!!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

Kim, stay here and share; particularly if he said that French Silk Pie and Cheryl's cookies are  MUSTS for people on anti-hormanals....and really, I think they should be, as they are mood elevating substances, and goodness knows that women without estrogen need their moods evalated.... am I not correct?!

• kathylev
    kathylev Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2010

Bobcat, I only started playing tennis about 8 years ago when I was 45.  I found it to be a lot of fun and a nice social network and used to play once or twice a week.  Since my cancer diagnosis I have been playing 4 to 7 times a week and have joined a couple of competitive teams as well.  I've never been very competitive and am surprised at hard I play now and how much I really want to win.  I'm taking private lessons with a pro now.  It's  a side of me I've never released before and I love it!    You should give it another try.  It has been an incredibly valuable outlet for me with all of this constant cancer stress.  When I am out playing on the court I think of nothing other than the last shot or the one to come and cancer is far far from my mind. 

Everyone is doing great!  I took a pilates class morning and played tennis tonight after work.

Kathy

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010

Hello tartletts tonight I did Body Step and then 45 minutes of Zumba, my feet were on fire so I just couldn't finish the class I think I have to hit the stores this weekend and get myself new shoes as I've had a couple of nights of burning feet I was putting it down to socks but I think it's shoes, I mean I really do pound them. Yes please Kim do share I found out about Quinoa on these boards, I would never have known about it and now I eat it 3 or 4 times a week and love it (see I don't just eat cookies!!!!)

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

What's Quinoa?

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010

It's a grain thats a protein, you cook it like rice.  Last night I cooked it and had it with spinach and stewed tomatoes and onions and tonight I chopped up some peppers and zuccini and corn and mixed it with a llittle italian dressing - I think it's from Peru I found out about it on the cooking thread last year.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

Is it in the rice section of the grocery store?

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010

I buy it at a health food store but it is in the rice section, if you google it all kinds of recipes pop up.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

I will have to check a health store and see if they have it, and an 'unhealth' store to see if they have the cookies!

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010

Ahhhh the ying and yang.....

• ruthbru
    edited August 2010

It's all a balancing act, isn't it?! Good night. Ruth

• hbcheryl
    edited August 2010

I'm also logging off and heading to bed, don't know if I'll make my aquacise class in the morning, all depends on when I wake up and how I feel.  Good night.