Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited August 2011
    Options

Can you all let me know how many people from your families to include? Also need to know if you all want to meet to eat (downtown probably 2-4 pm would be the best time for easier reservations). If you all want to meet to eat, do you all want a sit down meal or perhaps a place like Fudruckers?  Riverwalk restaurants are a little pricey but they offer all kinds of food, places, even barges you can dine on.  There are also many bars, and even hotel bars that might be an easy place to meet and mingle  - the Hilton downtown has one that is real open like a large balcony that over looks the bottom floor.  Breakfast might be easy to meet for as well.  Just let me know what you are all thinking.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yeah!!! only 93 for the high on Monday! Could this be fall??? lol.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011
    Options

sagina--I will be by myself, not really since jo is coming with me but DH would rather not hang out with the girls. Someplace where we can actually visit I think would be great. Breakfast would be OK as long as it was not early.  Driving and parking I will need to allow 1 1/2 hours for us to get there.  Thanks so much for working all this out for us.

Went to the movies tonight and could not believe how great it felt outside.  It actually felt cool.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

We were supposed to get up to 106 today....I can't believe we hit 110 the other day! 

What kind of price range do you think we should try to stay within?

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2011
    Options

sagina:

I also will be by myself and agree with Sherryc.  Thanks for planning this.   

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am getting sooo excited.  The end of the month will be here before you know it.  Anyone that is planning on coming, would you please PM Sherry or myself by the 15th.  Gina needs a count so she can get a place for us to meet.

It is supposed to be 102 here today - high 90 tomorrow.  

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Is anyone in Central Texas effected by all the wildfires?  I just watched the news and it is scary.  Bastrop county has 16000 acres under fire and it is moving our direction.  Bastrop is 45 miles from us.  The fire is 16 miles by 6 miles and it is zero contained.  I live in an old house and my TV room has lots of loose windows and I can smell the fire when I walk in that room.  This evening when we were outside there were ashes falling from the sky.  There are fires spread from Hays county to Bastrop county.  I also heard Canyon Lake had a nasty fire but they were able to put it out.  There was a large brush fire in the northen part of our county and they had to evacuate people in that area but I understand they have been able to put it out.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hope the fires stay away from you - they can be scary.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jo-I have not been able to really find out any detailsabout the fires in Bastrop this morning. All I know is that they are still giong. Although when you go outside it smells like a BBQ

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Sherry, hope you are okay.  I heard Hwy 71 at 21 was closed.  We had a fire here in San Antonio too.  One home damaged everyone else ok. 

let me know when yall get a number of people....if you want an early lunch 11 ish or so we could do spaghetti warehouse....free parking, just on the tip of downtown, and lots of room, and not too expensive.  Just an idea, let me know. I'll check and see whats going on that weekend downtown as well. UTSA has started a football team, they had over 50k show up for the first game, downtown in the alamodome.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Gina I heard about the fire in SA I have a friend who lives in that area and had to evacuate but was allowed back in after they put the fire out. I have never been to spagetti warehouse but have heard it is very good.  I can't believe how many people showed at the first football game.  That is great for UTSA.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sherry - I have been to Spaghetti Warehouse in SA - if it is the one I think you are talking about.  It is just outside downtown by the Alamo Dome.  It has been a long time but the food was great.  Besides, I love italian.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Ok, UTSA is away at Sam Houston that Saturday the the Alamodome is hosting the Home and Garden Show - which means parking is available for that event in the dome parking lot, so we should be fine at Spaghetti Warehouse - it's on Houston street - then if people want to walk the river or go to the mall they are real close. They could also catch a boat ride from River Center Mall as well.

the restaurant is huge and has private rooms available if we have a large enough group, either way there should be plenty of room to seat us.  I could call ahead just the day before if we need to wait that long.

Yes, we had a fire in Stone Oak caused by a water utility truck, but now they are battling one at Camp Bullis leading into Fair Oaks Ranch.  Still they don't compare to Bastrop.....that's unbelievable.....

• tedwilliams
    edited September 2011
    Options

Those spending the night, where are you staying?  And when?

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited September 2011
    Options

If anyone wants to meet in the No Dallas area soon let me know.  I am busy with Band stuff on Friday's, and during the week is probably out due to work so Saturdays would be best.  The dates in Sept I am not available are the 24th. Oct is a big Band competition month so the 8th and 15th I will not be available.  Let me know.

I will be thinking of you all in SA on the 1st of Oct. Send pics.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

mjbmiller - Will post lots of pictures for the San Antonio get together

• mommarch
    mommarch Member Posts: 534
    edited September 2011
    Options

Wish I could be there, I start 12 weeks of Taxol on Sept. 15th.  Have a great time, have never been to the SA Speggtti Warehouse, but have been in Austin and other places and they are great.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

mjgmiller~ maybe we all plan a Dallas spring trip for a Saturday?

mommarch~ good luck with the taxol.  I got all my chemo drugs at the same time....not sure if good or bad, just over.....lol.....

tedwilliams~Saturday Oct 1st is when we are trying to get together.  One of our Australian BC sisters is flying in to SA for vacation so it just all coincides.  If you want to stay let me know price range etc and I'll look on Internet for you - in a safe part of town.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited September 2011
    Options

Spg warehouse sounds great! I havent been there in years!

Is it okay if i bring my kids? If not i have no sitter cuz husband works the weekends... If so it will be 3 of us going

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

I don't mind kids at all.  My daughter is 20 and away at college so I'll be happy to play with your kiddos. 

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited September 2011
    Options

Okay cool i will see y'all there!

• tedwilliams
    edited September 2011
    Options

sagina:

I was asking if a group is going to be staying overnight.  I live only 40 minutes from SA and plan to drive back and forth unless there is a group gathering....do not want to miss the party.  So if a group is staying, please let me know where.

Jana 

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am driving up on Friday afternoon and will be staying with SherryC.  She has so graciously offered her guest room to me.  Will be going home on Sunday.  Really looking forward to it.  Spaghetti Warehouse sounds wonderful - Italian is one of my favorites.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Janna--I think Annette is coming in on Friday and Chrissy B will be staying at the Holiday in by the Airport,  If you want to stay at the same place you can PM her or I can ask her for you just let me now.

Texas Rose would love to have the kiddos, my grandkids live so far away I'll just play with yours instead.

I am so looking forward to this.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi everyone.  So how many in your party?  Are any DH coming?

I'm just one, unless a DH or two is coming - he can keep them company! lol.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

I will be there for sure so count me in.  I don't know about everyone else but I am getting sooo excited.

• Birds
    Birds Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2011
    Options

I live in the Houston area, about 10 minutes from Kemah, 20 minutes from Clear Lake and work in Galveston.  Had my surgery in Galveston at UTMB and got my chemo and rads at MD Anderson, satellite clinic in Bay Area.  Hugs to all!

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Gina I'll be there but DH is passing.   I am like Jo and getting so excited.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sherry - I will bring the wine for Friday night.  Do you have any preferences???  It will be a big day to celebrate.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thanks Jo that is sweet of you.  I prefer Cabernet Sauvignon if that works for you. And yes it will be a day to celebrate.