Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Comments

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2012

we are dry as a bone here in Houston- hope everyone else is safe as well

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2012

Have been so busy couldn't get on here Tuesday after I heard the news.....can't believe the destruction in my hometown Dallas. The first thing I thought of was the Texas women on this board. I have kept you all in my prayers and hope everyone is ok. I'm blown away by the photos and videos I saw on the news......

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited April 2012

Sorry I have not had a chance to get back on lately.  Monday around 2:30 we went in lock down at work and spent a little over an hour in little hide holes for cover.  Tornados skiped our area but boy howdy real lucky.  I had enough damage on the 19th, DH was so worried as we are already dealing with the insurance from that day. 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited April 2012

walker2222 - Just glad to hear that you are safe and sound.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2012

WAlker glad you checked in and did not have anymore damage

• jo1955
    edited April 2012

Sherry - How are you doing?  Recovery coming along well?  Will keep my fingers crossed you get the last drain out tomorrow.  Let us know.  (((HUGS)))

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

JO I have felt much better today.  Fluid was down yesterday and this morning but this afternoon seems to have increased.  The doctor said below 35 cc for 2 days in a row.  I hope I make this today. 

• tisthyme
    tisthyme Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2012

Jo1955- yes, I know where Donna is. I use to go there for work occasionally. not far at all.

sagina- In June I am having recon at PRMA in San Antonio.

Sherryc- At one of those touristy gift shops in Rockport I saw this T-shirt and it said: Rockport- the quaint drinking town with a fishing problem. I thought it was funny.  My DH and I love to go eat at Latitude in Rockport when we get the chance.  

The weather is looking good and definitely hot here in S. Texas. Maybe I'll take a quick trip to the beach just to breathe and listen to the ocean roar.  I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend.

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

tisthyme I just had my MX and reconstruction done with Dr. LeDoux at PRMA.  I have only heard good things about all the Doctors in the group and so far I have only had a positive experience with them.  The nurses have all been great.  In fact getting ready to leave to head there and hopefully get my last drain out.  Don't know if I will as I am kinda borderline on the fluid but I also know Dr. LeDoux really wants it out.  Monday will be two weeks. Who will be doing your surgery?

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    edited April 2012

Sherry - i'm sending you a text.  Would love to meet up today if you can!  i'm really close to his office.  let me know!

• jo1955
    edited April 2012

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

I got my last drain out, woohoo, I get to get out of this surgical bra on Monday.  Worn out from the day, my friend had errands to run.  I was fine until I got still in the car on the way home, I thought I would fall asleep.  That's OK I have lot's of time to rest.

TXstardust I'll call you about my next appt because I can drive then and we will get together.

• jo1955
    edited April 2012

Sherry - WOOHOO!  Congrats on getting the drains out.  Now let the healing begin.  What is the next step and when will you get started????  Rest up my friend.  (((HUGS)))

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

Jo I see the PS in two weeks and get my first fills and then I will head back to work.

• 1openheart
    1openheart Member Posts: 250
    edited April 2012

Sherry....so glad you are drain free!  Things should start to get better real soon now.  You will be sore in that area for a while, but you'll be sleeping on your side before you know it!  Enjoy the weekend everyone.

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

openheart I asked about sleeping on my side and the nurse said when I see the PS in two weeks he will tell me if I can sleep on my sides.  So I guess I am stuck in the recliner until then because I know if I sleep in my bed I will be on my side.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited April 2012

tisthyme~ I've got a pocket calendar now so I can write things down, all things down! I NEVER used to get so confused with details, EVER!  I can't remember names either now.....so anyway, I will write down when and where you're surgery will be and I will come and see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry I still can't believe I missed yours......I'm going to take you up on the Gonzales tour though!  When you can drive again, I'll come up an we can take a car tour - I'll shoot pictures out the window.  The heat is already getting to me, bad.....

Glad everyone is ok with all these storms. 

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

Gina don't feel bad about not coming and see me.  I had plenty of visitors and really it was way too much anyway.  But I'll hold you to the Gonzales visit. It will be fun.  Oh also I saw a program either on Dr. Oz or the Doctors can't remember but it was talking about the neuralgia thing that you have with your face.  It was very interesting and there is a surgery they can do if it gets bad enough.  Of course they recommended that as the last option but sounds like it is very successful.

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246
    edited April 2012

Hello Texas ladies. Just wanted to post because I am very excited that I got to meet Jo today. We had lunch on South Padre Island. It was so nice of her to drive all this way. We could have chatted all afternoon, but I had to get back to work. I hope to also get to meet some of you one day, maybe up in San Antonio sometime. Thanks again to Jo for coming over the bridge to see me, I hope that you all have a spectacular Easter.

• jo1955
    edited April 2012

Ceeztheday - It was my pleasure to make the trip to the island.  I don't get over there much and it is good to have a change of scenery every once in a while.  Thank you so much for lunch and for your hospitality.  Here are a couple of pictures from today.

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

Girls love the pics thanks for sharing.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2012

What great photos! You two look great:)

• Scrappygrl
    Scrappygrl Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2012

Hi Ladies,

I'm Amira and I'm currently in Houston getting treatment at MD Anderson.  Do you ladies have any get togethers here?

• jo1955
    edited April 2012

Welcom Amira - This is the best bunch of gals in Texas.  We had a get together last Oct and what a memorable time we had. It was in San Antonio. There has been some talk of doing one again this year but nothing definite.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited April 2012

tisthyme i am in alice.

Sherry glad to hear you're doing well 

Jo and Ceeztheday I was on North Padre Island (natitional sea shore) on friday :) um did not reapply sun block and i am paying for it! Hopefully this cherry red turns into golden brown lol 

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited April 2012

Hi everyone! Happy Easter, I'm still shaking the confetti from my hair!

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

Hey Amira glad you joined us here.  Our last get together was a blast.  I am on the March Mastecomy thread and there are a couple of people on there that are being treated at MD Anderson.  You might want to check that thread out and give those gals a shout.  I think Melrose lives close to MD Anderson.

Texasrose take care of yourself those sunburns can be nasty.

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2012

Loved seeing the photos of y'all's get together! Thanks for sharing - what grreat fun and support that had to be!

• iswimibikeirun
    iswimibikeirun Member Posts: 469
    edited April 2012

Amira--

I'm near MD Anderson (although I didn't get my treatment there).  Feel free to PM me if you need anything.  Melrose is also nearby. 

• onvacation
    onvacation Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2012

I don't live far from MDA either - though I am not getting treated there but in the med center.