Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Comments

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited April 2012

SO am i dining alone LOL- i can meet for lunch in SA after 11 or so, i have an errand in Kirby :)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2012

I can drive now so I could make a lunch date as well.

Went to the gyno in seguin and it was so great seeing a hay field cut and baled today.  MIssed all that last year with the terrible drought we have been in.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited April 2012

Sherry - Yea!  /For being able to drive again. Sounds like you are coming along well in your recovery.

• texasrose361
    edited April 2012

sherry a bit ago when i was driving from here to san antonio there were actually what looked like road crews doing that in the medians. i think it was a waste not want not situation, its sad at the livestock auctions cuz they all look starved. Ranchers dont want to sell them, but are forced to when there is nothing to feed them...

Where is the most logical place to meet?

• Melrosemelrose
    Melrosemelrose Member Posts: 607
    edited April 2012

Amira-- I'm here in Houston and close to the med center. I'm getting my treatment at Methodist Hospital Cancer Center.  You can PM me  anytime....

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

Maybe Gina will pop in and give us some thoughts.  You guys just tell me when and where and hopefully I can make. Would love to see you guys.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2012

i am in houston (well, RIchmond) and up for a lunch or dinner or whatever one of these days....

• texasrose361
    edited April 2012

Lunch was good- i ate at taco bell on Walzem :) LOL well actually in my car, parked at the churches on walzem!

No worries :) 

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362
    edited April 2012

I grew up in NE SA and sure miss Walzem Rd, Kirby, Converse, etc.  My mom and sister are still there, but don't get to go down there as often as I would like.

Trish

• Sherryc
    edited April 2012

Texas rose so sorry no one was able to meet you.  I tried to drive today and it was too early guess I'll stay in the house the next couple of days.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited April 2012

So sorry I missed you - I'm pming you my phone number texasrose - call me whenever you headed this way.  I check facebook for an email but my slow brain didn't think to come here and check, DUH! So sorry.  

So when is our next meeting, not sure when everyone is available?  Yall pick a date, and I'll find a place! 

• texasrose361
    edited April 2012

No worries Gina- my chemo brain was opposite! i hardly ever get on FB so i didnt think to check that. I have appointments at least once a month is SA so lunch WILL happen!

i acutally have an appointment for a ct w/contrast in 2 weeks. my onco nurse is setting up the appointment so i dont know the details... 

• sagina
    edited April 2012

Texasrose, you've got my cell number now? I fb emailed it to you.

can't wait to see you again! 

• texasrose361
    edited April 2012

yup saved it in my phone

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited April 2012

I was just going through the thread and if any of the Houston Ladies want to hook up I would be so greatful... Have a great weekend

• iswimibikeirun
    iswimibikeirun Member Posts: 469
    edited April 2012

@Tracie . . . sure, but it would depend on when & where.  I'm going back to work full time Monday (I'm afraid if I stay home longer, I won't want to go back).

• onvacation
    onvacation Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2012

Hey Tracie - sounds fun - where in Houston are you?  I am by the Galleria.

• tracie23
    edited April 2012

I am in Spring but can travel where ever. iswimibikeirun there is always the weekend,  were do you live?.

• tracie23
    edited April 2012

onvacation and iswim lets try to plan something soon.

• Melrosemelrose
    edited April 2012

I would love to be included in any future Houston meet ups.  Next weekend probably won't work for me since my first chemo infusion is this Tuesday and not sure what shape I will be in after that.  I live in West U/Rice U. area.

• tracie23
    edited April 2012

sounds great melrose, if you need anything after chemo I only work tuesday and thursdays.. I am available to help in any way if you need anything please let me know.

• Melrosemelrose
    edited April 2012

Thanks!!!! I really appreciate it !!!!!!!  I'm hoping for minimal SE's. 

• 1openheart
    1openheart Member Posts: 250
    edited April 2012

Hi Melrose.....I see you start your chemo on Tuesday.  I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of positive, healing energy down to H-town.  How's the healing coming along?  Were you able to get out and enjoy this beautiful weekend any?

Take care and remember to take it easy still. 

• Melrosemelrose
    edited April 2012

Hi 1openheart-    I did get out this weekend--- did some shopping and the rest of the time have rested. I'm healing pretty well from my surgeries; just in time to start chemo.  I'm in the big girl chemo chair on Tuesday and hoping for minimal SE's.  The first infusion will be a long one because the Herceptin infusion will be at least 90 minutes because the first Herceptin infusion is always slow.  So I'll be there for at least 3 hours not counting the prelim weigh in and whatever else the infusion nurses need to do to me.  I plan to rest up as much as I can tomorrow.

As always, thank you for always finding me on the boards and your continual encouragement.

• onvacation
    onvacation Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2012

Good luck Melrosemelrose!  The anticipation was the worst for me!  I was tired on day 4 and pretty much slept all day, otherwise I worked  and felt semi-normal - or maybe that is the new normal!

Meet up would be fun! 

• Melrosemelrose
    edited April 2012

onvacation-I've been following you on the chemo threads so I could get an idea of how the SE's are.  I'll find out during the next week what my new norm will be.  Can't wait for us to get together!!

Melanie

• sagina
    edited April 2012

Melrosemelrose~ the best advice I can give for chemo treatment is to take life gracefully....truly take it easy, don't over do anything. When the body says lay down, get to it! Get plenty of fluids in you, even if you can't stand them, find one that works for you.

Keep us updated here? (((HUGS))) 

• Scrappygrl
    Scrappygrl Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2012

I'm not sure why I didn't see any of these messages to me until just now.  I'm on week 5/7 so yea!!

Ladies feel up to meeting for lunch sometime this week or next? 

I wanted to go back down to Galveston Island to walk the beach a few more times before I leave.  Anyone game for that?

• Melrosemelrose
    edited April 2012

Sagina- I certainly will take your suggestions!!!!  I can recall after I had my first child, everyone told me rest and rest often.  Well, you know what I did--- didn't rest enough and didn't rest often enough. Now that I am a lot older and hopefully a little smarter, I will put those suggestions into action!!!! Since I'm retired with a 21 yr old college junior and a high school senior is graduating in a few weeks, I know what my agenda is this days---- eat well, sleep as best I can, exercise as much as I can tolerate and continue with my treatment plan--- in short just take care of my body so the treatments do what the doctors hope the treatments will do.  I know it sounds rather simple but it isn't asking anything that I can't do!!!

• Melrosemelrose
    edited April 2012

Houston Ladies-- Still up for a lunch but can't predict my chemo SE's.  Please keep me in the loop for meet ups!!!!