Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

BREAST IMPLANT SIZING 101

Comments

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

darriea:  The implants I mentioned on Page 361 are all silicone.  You will have to talk with your PS about whether he could use the Allergan Style 20 - because this is a good leap in volume to get to 700 ccs.  Otherwise, the Sientra round I mentioned would be a good option.

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235

For anyone who has access to the picture forum and cares to see the difference between Natrelle Style 15 and Style 20 silicone round implants I just updated my thread there.  I had a revision in April 2013.

Best wishes!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Where have I been? Just seeing the header changes, great job, Whippetmom!

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467

2TA - I must have been with you - I just noticed the header changes yesterday!  Loopy

• 2nd_time_around

AZ85048, I'm hoping we had fun - wherever it is we were!

• AZ85048

2TA - Oh, I'm sure that we did!  (Probably managed to get into a little trouble too!)  Shocked

• whippetmom

Not really "changes"....I just added some information.  So I sort of defeated my purpose of streamlining the header.   Still need to do that soon....

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,315

2nd time & AZ - I must have been with you.  Sure glad we had such a good time.

Whippetmom - excellent additions.

• aviva5675
    aviva5675 Member Posts: 836

Had Allergan 20s, 286 cc put in yesterday. Swap out for 410s. Lipo work, and some left side pocket work. Major bruising and in some pain, but its day 1, so to be expected.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619

Aviva-wishing you a speedy and easy recovery

Babs

• AZ85048

aviva5675 - Here's hoping that your recovery remains uneventful and that you heal fast and well!  You had your BMX three days after I did, and I'm hoping for revision surgery on 6/23, (so you beat me on that one!)  

I'll be interested to know how the fat grafting feels / heals as they're recommending quite a bit of that for me.  Take it easy and try not to overdo! 

Winking

• aviva5675

thanks guys!  I didnt have fat grafting, I guess I had the opposite- lipo to remove it.

• babs6287

Fat grafting is lipo and then injections of the fat into other areas-for divits, upper pole fullness etc.

• 2nd_time_around

Aviva, hope you're resting and healing. Take the pain meds for a couple of days, especially on this long weekend.

Minus Two and AZ85048, glad we had so much fun we can't remember it!

• whippetmom

Aviva....keep us posted on how you are doing!

• 2nd_time_around

Whippetmom, where are my manners? (Like you would know?) how are you doing?

• whippetmom

I am recovering but this is a slow and laborious recovery from lung surgery.  This week is better than last week...so I am on the mend!!  ThumbsUp

• 2nd_time_around

that's good to hear! Hoping you're able to get out of bed and walk around a bit. 

• julieped
    julieped Member Posts: 42

I had fat grafting on Friday. He also did some pocket work that I was not expecting. I think the results will be good but still taking Percocet. Hope this is my last surgery. Thoughts and prayers to all!

• aviva5675

hello gals...I took a better look at the implant card from surgery, and he put in Allergan 15s, not 20s as we had discussed. No idea why. Will ask when I see him Tuesday.  Am feeling better this morning, less groggy. Its a beautiful day here. I have on a gauzy kind of velcroed wrap which isnt helping. I think the itchiness of it is hitting in the wrong places, so some of what I feel is itchiness underneath it, and tightness. Will be glad to get it off. I tucked soft paper towels under my arm area and on the bottom of it, to soften the poking in the sore areas.

• AZ85048

'...Lipo work, and some left side pocket work. Major bruising and in some pain, but its day 1, so to be expected.'

aviva5675 - Sorry about misunderstanding your earlier post. For some reason, I assumed from your lipo work and bruising comments that you'd had some fat grafting done.  Loopy 

I'm so glad you're feeling better today!  I hope that maybe you can venture outside for just a little while to enjoy the beautiful weather...

• aviva5675

I did! Was going to walk "all the way" around the block, but made it down one end and came back. Then had a nap. Im actually feeling pretty good all in all. Obviously there is pain, but I cant wait to get this dumb wrap off= I think that will make a difference. So sorry for those told to keep wraps on tight bras on for weeks day and night after some of the surgeries.

• whippetmom

oh....I am out of bed!  I don't want anyone to have the impression I am bedridden!  LOL!  I was at South Coast Plaza a few days ago, shopping....and at Nordstroms yesterday, buying cosmetic brushes.  I push through the pain to shop!  Nerdy

• 2nd_time_around

SCP shopping - now that's the way to recover and heal!

• AZ85048

whippetmom - 2TA is right - retail therapy - now that's the ticket!  So glad you're able to get out and about.  ThumbsUp  Now just don't do too much!  

• simplelife2
    simplelife2 Member Posts: 74

Whippetmom, good for you!! I love retail therapy! Brightens one's day. 

• Previvor101
    Previvor101 Member Posts: 126

so, onto other important issues, which make-up brushes are good? I am sick of going to work with malted brush bristle stuck to my face!

• babs6287

Whippetmon

So glad you're "pushing" through to shop!  The economy needs more women like you!!!!!!  Seriously, so happy to hear you're doing so well.

Babs

• whippetmom

I bought one of the highest rated and most popular foundation brushes - this one by Shiseido....

Shiseido Foundation Brush

So far, I really like it and I feel it makes my foundation look a lot smoother and more polished.  But I am on a new foundation search also.  

I am needing to replace my eyeshadow crease brush...and so I am researching this now....

I get into a lot of trouble with cosmetics and dog products, which do not necessarily go together. 

• sandra4611
    sandra4611 Member Posts: 1,750

One nice thing about getting older is that one day you realize make up is doing nothing to improve your look. Everything falls into the lines and wrinkles or is covered up by drooping upper lids. It's not worth the effort - except for eyebrows...gotta have eyebrows. Winking