Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited January 2015

Ah, thank you Nancy for always mentioning me and so many others. Yes, I am always reading and praying over many of you. It isn't that I have no needs. It is just I feel the weight of other needs more heavily right now. Mags and Jean, I have no words, only hugs and thoughts. You are such learned women of God's word that I can't imagine what I could write that would help. But your words have given so much strength and comfort to women that you are completely unaware of. Now, you can rest in the blessings of those words as they flow back to you from some of those same women. Your pains, emotional and physical, will come and go. All of us, regardless of disease, share this. Having our Lord encourage us to take a step each day is the blessing and the best medicine. Because even if we don't win here and at this moment or on our terms, we still win. Glory!

I have been MIA for a while but still reading! My LE is still under control, but I have had a few break through seizures while trying to get off some medications for a neurological condition. Nothing terrible, just not being controlled the way we hoped and it's been 4 years. We just keep moving forward. Long story. My wonderful father-in-law passed from lung cancer Dec 20th so we were in beautiful Palm Desert for a family celebration. My husband was fortunate to be with him in the last hours. He had just stopped all treatment 3 days earlier so we didn't expect his passing to be so quick. I missed seeing him by a few hours.

Onco, I missed the drama but I do love the kitty! Jean, your GGD and GD are beautiful! Becky, I will pray you will get into the trial and that it works well for you. Nancy, your mom is going to do well. So many of us have faced the parent care issue and I'm preparing better so my daughter and other children won't have to worry so much. It's so hard and you are do everything right. You are smart to let God lead you through this. My mom had dementia and everything you are doing now will only help in the years to come as it will get tougher. And now your vocal chords! I always keep you in my prayers because you hold every single one of us in yours. You remind all of us what it is to be an example of a prayer warrior. Of course, I see so many of you as that way.

Do you often search for your name in a list? Doesn't it make you feel special to see that Nancy or Mags or someone remembers?  Happy 2015 !!!!!

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited January 2015

Happy New Year...Sister Warriors!

I am sorry I know it's been a while.  It has been a bit of a roller coaster in my world these past couple of weeks.  I hope you all have had a great Christmas and now a Happy New Year.  Personally I am glad to have 2014 over and starting a new year with many good things to happen.  I trust the Lord has our issues taken care of and I am excited to see what He has in store for DH and myself.  Lots of things going on and happening and it is all way to much for me to wrap my arms around so we must Trust and Believe and have faith.

Ok so my CT scan was good and tumors are still shrinking...PRAISE GOD!!!  Still going in for my Avastin every 2 weeks and the pill every day.  The rash I have with the pill is covering a larger area on my neck but it is really hardly noticeable by others.  It is sensitive and is very dry and itchy and looks like fish scales...not fun but it is a known SE from the Erlotinib pill.  The two work together and continue to show good results so I will take it.  I still pray over that pill every morning along with the prayers for all my loved ones who are in need of prayer and all of the wonderful women on this board.  I have been on this treatment program since 11/25/13 when I started with 6 months of chemo and now doing the maintenance.  I am very pleased to know I have been on this board since 10/13, and it has been an amazing journey and I am blessed to have met some amazing people at the clinic I go too and not to mention the amazing women on this board.  So the past few weeks been dealing with two infected big toes and for some reason they are not healing 100%.  Onc says it doesn't have to do with my treatment so thought about going to see a foot doc but maybe I need to see a dermatologist from what I have seen in a previous post from some of you having an infected cuticle. My toenail is like split half way down and starting to lift.  It doesn't hurt but it is just so odd as I have never had that before.  I soaked my toes in Donesboro powder and it really helped a lot. 

DH has been doing alright after our visit to the Mayo clinic and he has to have some other tests so he will start on that starting next week and keep moving things forward.  He had a fall while having a shower so thank God he didn't break any bones but got banged up pretty bad.  He was pretty sore and I was afraid he had broken ribs as it hurt him to breathe.  Of course this happened while I was at work and he didn't tell me about it until I called him at noon to see how he was doing.  At this time he didn't tell me how bad it was and then I called him around 3:30 to follow up and that is when he told me it hurt to breathe.  I had him ask a friend to drive him to the hospital and I met them there.  I have a 30 min drive back home so I wanted him there ASAP.  This happened on Tuesday so today he is feeling a lot better.  He has had a few Epsom salt baths and just sitting still.  He is very bored but I told him too bad you are staying put.  I have also made some new rules which are, DH can't shower when I am not home or go up and down the stairs when I am not home.  He is not stable enough to do these tasks and I am too worried he would fall and hit his head.  He finally gets it as this shower incident has made him realize he can't take risks like this.  We have a new appt. on 2/3 for his court date with the social security administration for disability so asking for prayers on this.  He has been in a lot better spirits the past week and has accepted the current issues may be what we are going to deal with for now.  It Is hard as this was not what our plan was for our retirement years.  We are now faced with some new goals for 2015 which has a lot to do with selling some vehicles and motorcycles and downsizing to get away from these stairs and this house that is too big. 

So it took me a while to get caught up with all the posts as I have been MIA for a while.  I really do apologize but I needed to focus on DH and maintain the strength for the both of us.  I thank God so much for giving me the stamina to keep things going for the both of us especially with him being down from the fall. 

Jo and so glad your biopsy was benign...PRAISE GOD!

Ben I know what you mean about your first hair cut.  That happened to me and I was so bummed as it was hard to take that first step anyway as it took me months to grow it out.  But I am happy with it now and it seems to have slowed down now on the growth even though I am taking Biotin. 

Becky so glad to hear of your PET and CT scan results...PRAISE GOD!  I also loved your comment about Refiners Fire.  It is so true and so meaningful to me right now.  Thanks for posting that reminder.

Jean beautiful baby pics.  What a special time for your family.  My daughter told us they may be trying to have baby #2 sometime in March so that was nice.  Her daughter is 2 1/2 so that will be nice to have another baby.  Sorry to hear of your feelings of being overwhelmed so keep your eyes on the Lord and know He is all over the issues. 

Mags praying for God's clarity and answers on the rads.  I know about you feeling like your in a pit right now.  Trust me I have felt it sometimes myself this past month with all that is going on.  It's ok to have those moments just don't stay there very long.  At times I feel a bit anxious as there is so much that needs to happen and of course I want it to happen quickly and it doesn't happen like that.

Bev I will be checking that info you posted on the TNBC research.  So happy you are doing so well and powering through your recovery...PRAISE GOD!!!

Ellen, so glad to hear your son is looking for a church.  It's what all us parents want to hear...still praying for my kids.  God's is working behind the scenes I am sure.

Char thanks for the encouragement.  I know DH had high hopes for the Mayo so it was hard for him.  Prayers for your dad and also for your knee challenges.  Thanks for the update on Kate...God is good!

Nancy...I just want to thank you so much for your love, loyalty and dedication to all of us.  You know your name and face always comes up when I pray and think of the ladies on this board.  You are amazing and strong and we are all so blessed to have you here with us and for us.  I am so glad you were able to get through the bug you had with out too much downtime.  I will keep you and your mom in prayer to address the issues you have shared and know that God will show you favor.  I know I can speak for all of us in saying we are so blessed to have you as our prayer warrior.  I don't know but it brings me such comfort so there is something in that and I know you are gifted in this and God has put you here for us.  How special we are to be blessed this way. 

Ok so now I have updated and hope to stay a little more connected again.  Know I love you all and have you in prayer even though I have not posted recently.  Praying se will be minor and tests results and appts come out well for all of you. 

Lucy

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited January 2015

Lucy,

I'm hoping for a good year for you too! We downsized this summer to a smaller home and love it! No more pool or big yard and too many rooms. I couldn't keep up with such a large home anymore and we didn't need it. Got rid of stuff and more stuff. Very liberating. I can't believe all the extra space I have now. Just how many pots, dishes, and so on does a couple need? We sold our house in a week and bought in the same month. It was like God just threw open the doors. I don't have stairs to mess with...we only have the man cave upstairs. So glad your DH is okay and I will pray for his disability to be approved. I received it a few years back and it saved us. I don't know how you and other women go through such rough treatments and work as well. You have such strength.  Oh yes, I pour hydrogen peroxide on every scratch and cut but I'm sure you already do that. Please get better! You are one of those that spoke such truths when I first came to read here. Thank you for that. And you have a great memory! Happy 2015

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited January 2015

Refined:

Isaiah 48:10 NIV

[10] See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Isaiah is the book I turn to in times like this. Of all the prophets, I love his spirit most. I think chapter 43 is the one that speaks to me most deeply.

I am going to get through this, with God's help. Thank you all for your prayers.

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

I will read chapter 43 today as well Mags. I am in need of a little extra boost too.

Lucy

• magdalene51
    edited January 2015

I started in 43 and when I got to 45 this gem, which I learned from KJV many years ago, which brought me through a deep depression that had plagued me...

Isaiah 45:3 KJV

[3] And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord , which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

The treasures of darkness that He gave me, and has continued to give me through dark years, are the treasures also of 2Cor 1:3-4, the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the same comfort we ourselves have received from God.

In the depth of suffering he carves out a space to store those treasures of darkness, so that when someone else is suffering we can suffer with them because we know completely what they are going through. Our trials fit us to be his hands and feet.

This is why your comforting means so much more to me than those who haven't been there.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,876
    edited January 2015

Jean, this scripture is for you.

Philippians 4:13King James Version (KJV)

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Say it out loud over and over and over again. You are so close to finishing and the enemy would love to steal your victory. But guess what. HE WILL NOT BECAUSE HE WHO IS IN US IN GREATER THAN HE WHO IS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2015

Hello lady warriers, I am a bit pressed for time and I am not a fast reader so I will  post as much as I can before I get that phone call to go pick up my mom from her hair apt. I will post later if I am not finished.

Ellen, praying for a safe trip home. I pray that you and DH will feel rested and recharged from your few days of travel and connecting with Tyler. The extremely sad part about any disease is that children do not understand completely what is going on with their parents when there is a serious illness. I will say this though. I have watched some of my students go through the death of a parent through suicide, cancer and tragic accidents. Children are extremely resilient, much more so that adults. Once they can get their normal routine back they can bounce back in a truly amazing way. I believe that one day with all of the genome tests that are out there now and coming out that cancer will be able to be treated according to the persons genetic make up and tumor characteristics for each person. In other words a completely individual treatment plan based on that one person. I pray that we get to see that in our lifetime.

Polly, we will certainly be praying for these seizures to subside as you withdraw from some meds. That has to be pretty scary. I am sorry for the loss of your father in law and I am sorry that you missed seeing him before he passed but glad your husband was able to be with him when he passed. I am glad that you were able to travel to the celebration. Polly you have a heart of gold and you say the sweetest things. You have much to contribute on this thread. I think you sell yourself short. I appreciate your kind words and I do want this thread to be a place that is warm and welcoming to everyone. All of you allow this thread to be something special when you share your hearts with us. No one has to have a degree in theology to be a valued warrior. I think being honest and sharing and caring and reaching out to all the sisters is what makes this thread special. We all have a common bond in Jesus and most of us dealing with bc and that is a powerful connection. Please don't hesitate to join in on the conversation. You are a valued sister and a very special one indeed.

I just got the phone call. More later.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2015

Part 2 I am able to finish my post to you lovely sisters.

Lucy, I know you are back because we can scroll down and see all the uplifting banners that you are famous for. I know you and Steve have gone through a lot and then with him falling that has certainly added more stress to the mix. I am glad that you set down some rules for him and hopefully he will be obedient in them. I am having to do this with my mom and as strange as it feels I know it is the right thing to do whether she likes it or not. I am so thrilled with your tumors still shrinking. I am totally believing that you will go from five tumors to zero tumors. You are certainly on your way there and I am so happy about that. Only two left and shrinking at that. PTL  Your spirit radiates joy and you are like a beacon of light in the wilderness. Regarding your toes. May I strongly suggest you see a podiatrist or your primary doctor. I had an infected toe many years ago. I started getting red streaks up my foot and this is NOT a good sign. My pcp said if this is not better by Monday (I think I was seeing him on a Friday) I am putting you in the hospital. So you do need to be careful as infections can turn very quickly into a crisis. Praying for calmer weeks at the start of this year and prayers for Steve that the last chapter has not be written yet for him regarding his physical issues. I am glad you are back. I think everyone will agree that we all missed you.

Mags, I am thrilled to see God working in your heart. See what happens when a bunch of woman get hold of God and storm the gates of heaven in agreement for you! Your whole countenance if I can use that word even though we can't see you, has changed. God has been right there all the time. He was waiting for you to reach out and He was right there to comfort you with His word. Isaiah that you quoted is some very, very heavy stuff but I would say that you have been through some very, very heavy stuff. You will be like a lighthouse to the hurting and suffering when you are through this tunnel. Just think how comforting it is going to be for future bc warriors going through similar things that you have and what a strength and comfort you will be to them. I know I am speaking as if you have already gone through and are on the other side, but I firmly believe that you will be on that other side. When, I don't have a clue. Only God knows that. What do you do in the mean time. You hold on tightly to him and you take that next step forward. You ARE GOING TO MAKE IT THROUGH. I really, really believe that my dear friend.

I have been pretty frazzled today dealing with a bunch of loose ends and feeling pulled in many different directions. I have not been feeling great and have had some GI issues these past couple of days and have just been dragging. I do feel emotionally drained and physically drained. I love my mom so much but I am just drained dealing with some issues. Unfortunately since I am the one living with her and not my sister I have to be the heavy and the meany in her eyes. Her doctor wants her to lose 20lbs. She has never, ever had a weight problem until this year. She got addicted to Ensure and instead of drinking two a day she was actually drinking five a day. I had to label and date every can in the case and she is allowed two a day. I really feel like she is a kid begging for candy. It is not fun but it has to be done. It has been a challenge. My prayer is that when I am back home she will not cheat on this system.

My retreat with the Lord is in the basement where I am now. It is my little oasis from the craziness that I feel. With the help of Sarah Young's Jesus Calling I have been brought into the presence of God which is like a soothing balm. It is my time to get recharged to tackle another day. I know the intent is to have this time in the morning which I do when I am at my house but not happening so much here at my mom's until evening. God has created us to commune with him for His pleasure. For we as humans it is our very life force and without our time with Him we are only operating in our own strength which will eventually be depleted. I will still contend that every single problem that we are faced with will be solved as a result of our communion and quiet time with the Lord. He has answered many prayers for me today. I found some legal documents I had been concerned about. Things are falling into place and I am extremely grateful for that. Thank you for your prayers and for the help that some of you have given me in this endeavor. I am so grateful for you special people and all of you sisters on this thread. I do pray that 2015 will be a victory year and a banner year for all of us. 2014 was my cancer year BUT I think it is one of the most special years of my life and I really do mean that. God bless all of you.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited January 2015

Hello everyone,

I am so thankful to be HOME! We had a good trip back until we got to the GA/SC line...traffic was stopped completely and added another hour to an 11 hour ride. DH is relaxing in his recliner and I'm going into action...unpacking, doing laundry, etc. Have been walking everyday to keep some of the SE away, and took an Aleve while riding to help with soreness. Except for getting tired, I've felt pretty good

I did want to share two things with you that I found during our trip. Both are meant to encourage you, and I hope they will. First, the worship group Phillips, Craig and Dean have a new CD...Above it All. The song " Voices from the other side" really spoke to me, and I hope it will for you. It's especially comforting for those who have lost a friend or loved one recently.

The other thing is from a book that DH gave me for Christmas..."Before Amen" by Max Lucado. Chapter 5 is entitled " Heal Me" and it's about illness and prayers...he has such a way with words and I thought of all of you as I read it. If you get the chance, I hope you will feel led to check out either one or both.

Thanking the Lord for safe travel and a place to call home. Oh...news that made me smile...Most Awesome Grandson is walking! My son sent me a video. Forgive me for being a silly grandma...but when you get your first grandchild at 60, you tend to be more than enthusiastic !

Love and prayers to you all...Ellen

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited January 2015

Reading and studying Col 3 with my DH with a focus on v2 and v3: And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth. 3 For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.. Such an awesome study and will share more tomorrow.

Mags, I agree about the book of Isaiah and it is one that I turn to often for uplifting and fighting. I love Isaiah 43:1 in the Amplified: v1: But now [in spite of past judgments for Israel's sins], thus says the Lord, He Who created you, O Jacob, and He Who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you [ransomed you by paying a price instead of leaving you captives]; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.

Yes, we are His in all ways. He has bought us with the ultimate price. If the Lord laid out plans for each of us to have eternal salvation going down through 42 generations to seal the everlasting covenant and at this time still continues to call us each by name (and those that were before us). I can't help but serve and believe in His plan for me. In the end, it will be an everlasting Glory. Praise The Lord! The verse in Cols reminds me that I must set my mind to what is above and stay hidden in Christ even through our suffering He is the God of comfort, encouragement, patience, long suffering and Love.

Always praying for each of you,

Your Sister in Christ,

Angie

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2015

It was standing room only at infusion today so I was placed in a regular hospital room where they had pushed in two infusion room chairs. A young woman that I saw at my Halloween treatment was in there with her mom. I had wanted to meet her since she walked in that day dressed as the most beautiful Snow White I had ever seen. I have seen her twice since but we are always across the room and she is done before me. So I asked her was her hair naturally curly because the waves are so pretty, she said it use to be real curly before the first chemo that took it out and it came back wavy with the new chemo. Hair with chemo who knew.

I had the most delightful conversation with the bubbly, sweet happy person who sees the half full glass. She asked what stage I was I answered and returned the question. She said stage 4, never wavered in attitude as her mother said this was her we second time in 2 years with the battle. They said it is a matter of quality of life, they have tried several different regiments of chemo and none worked except the present one which she gets every 3 weeks. They drive an hour to this location.

She said with the spread in her lymph nodes, her sternum and liver the current regiment made things bearable. I was amazed at her attitude for a 30 year old. Her mother and I talked about the goodness of God and his purpose for all.

I had been apprehensive about the new meds but after talking with Nathalie I was inspired to be even better on this journey. She gave me a few tips with the meds I was taking and what to do if certain things occurred.

This morning after reading Jesus is Calling and the scriptures that tell how God takes care of his people, it is so plain to see if you only look.

Ellen, a friend sent me Before Amen last month, I have only made it to chapter 3 and had it with me to read today but only pulled it out never to get it open. I purpose to make it a daily read too, as I find it easy to relate to. Thanks for the heads up on chapter 5.

• ladyb1234
    edited January 2015

Forgot to update on my vision issues:

I was able to get into the Ophthamologist immediately on Tuesday based on my symptoms. The Opthamologist was glad I called and didn't wait. I have a detached Posterior vitreous also commonly known as a PVD. He was so wonderful and eccentric. I loved his analogies and explaining to me why the PVD Is neither cancer nor chemo related -- he was a jewel. He also took the time to explain to me that this is common in people that are nearsighted and commonly occurs with age. He was surprised that I have not seen floaters (as he saw plenty of them..lol..but said they were tiny). Also explained that if I see a change in the light's flashing (as with time they should go away as my brain will adjust), or a lot of new floaters or what looks like lighting storm or a swarm of floaters, that is more of a medical emergency -- which leans to more to a detached retina. Glad it is not that at this time -- have enough to deal with at the moment. I have to say I was very impressed that he had read up on my medical history in terms of chemo treatments, migraines, drugs, etc. He was prepared, very communicative and just overall concerned and supportive. Thanks all that were able to give me advice and have been through this before a it was quite new to me. So glad I am a part of this group -- love it!

Again, thanks all for your quick responses, support , prayers and following-up.

I will catch-up on post for prayer request and also to post and offer what support I can.

I have finished #10 of 12 treatments with my last one scheduled for Wednesay 1/14. Thank you so much for your prayers for the fatigue and other SEs.

Praying for you always,

Your sister in Christ,

Angie

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

Nancy and Mema thanks so much for your encouraging words and support.  It was a better day today and DH is getting around much better...Praise God! 

She - Angel so glad you were able to talk to her finally.  I truly believe God makes those meeting opportunities for a reason.  She sounds like a great person.  I know many times I realize that I am being blessed and that there are more suffering more than I.  I do believe God has a plan for me and He is working behind the scenes. 

Angie so glad you were able to see the doc regarding your eye issue.  Sounds like you had a good doc and should fine some peace in his visit.  I know those other things we have to deal with don't make it easy at all.  I know with my toe issue I am soaking it in Domeboro powder and it has helped.  I was thinking today it started with a new pair of boots so I will have to check that out.  It just seems so odd that it would happen to both my big toes.  I called to see about getting into today but no luck so maybe Monday.  They didn't call so maybe they were actually closed.  I showed it to my MO on Monday and she didn't seem to very concerned but at that time the one was not infected and it is again.  I check for red lines too. 

Well off to bed and chat with you ladies tomorrow.  Love and prayers to all of you...Lucy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited January 2015

I am going to make note of all the wonderful scripture you dear ladies posted. Truly God's word is truth, encouragement and consolation. I am feeling so much more positive today for "weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning. Last night my RO's scheduler called and set up my appointments to prepare for rads that God willing will start in early February. She had one of those bubbly cheerful voices that just lift you up! I have chemo scheduled for Monday and unless my chemo doc feels strongly that I need more surgery I believe Jesus wants me to just go right to rads.. After Monday there are just 2 more Taxols then kiss chemo goodbye. For good God willing. I am actually looking forward to moving on. Thank you all for your prayers. He delivered me from my fears. God is so good. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2015

Ok, here's another precious promise for you dear ladies.

" I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten. " Joel 2:25

Love, Jean

• FridayGirl
    FridayGirl Member Posts: 137
    edited January 2015

Hello Ladies,

I have been away for a little while visiting relatives for Christmas, and partaking of some retail therapy in the new year sales. My spirit is willing but the flesh is weak when it comes to beautiful perfumed body lotions and bath oils, I just need to see the word "reduced" and I am opening my purse to get my hard earned money out.

Mags, I am praying that you will be able to live your life free of the worries of cancer. I know what it is like to worry about it returning, and like quite a few of us here I unhappily experienced its return. What I am trying to say is, if I had my time again I would not have worried and lived in fear in the interim period. The worrying did not add one second to my life, and took away some of the joy I should have been receiving.

Jean, I am sorry for what you are going through. Last year I had 18 weekly sessions of chemo, and it just seemed to go on forever. You have stuck it out for some time now, and you are now on the home strait. You will be through this in a few weeks time, then you can look forward to the hair coming back and your strength returning.

Lucy, PTL your tumours are reducing. We all need that sort of encouragement to keep us going.

It must be difficult for your husband to adjust to the new "normal" for your lives, especially as you say you didn't expect to be living this way during your retirement. I pray that he can accept the way things are and live his life accordingly.

Last summer I was suffering with my nails, but for some reason it was my fingernails rather than my toenails. I think it was because we had an unusually warm summer here and I was constantly wearing exercise sandals so my feet were always clean and dry. My hands however were a different problem. The nails would split and break, sometimes lifting right up from the nailbed. The oncology nurses told me to get a basin of warm water and white vinegar at a ratio of 10% vinegar to 90% water and soak my nails in it every day. It definitely helped the situation, you might like to try a footbath with the solution in for a little while and see if it works for you.

Nancy, you really have to look after yourself. I am praying for you because I am concerned that you are simply exhausting yourself with all the things you are trying to organize and do for your mother. Please remember, if you were to get ill things could be hard for your mother as she obviously relies on you so much.

Ellen, so pleased to hear that your grandson is walking. You will probably need to have eyes in the back of your head from now on because he will be into everything.

She Angel, it is so inspiring to hear of the lovely lady that you met at the hospital. It is heartbreaking when we hear of anyone becoming Stave IV, let alone someone as young as her. I believe the Lord puts people like her in our paths so we can see that it is possible to live a full, positive and happy life even though this wicked disease is attacking us.

Angie, glad to hear that your ophthalmologist could calm your worries about your eyes. It is so reassuring when you meet a consultant who is good at explaining all of the issues around a diagnosis, telling you what to watch out for and also what you don't need to be concerned about.

Becky, my old friend. So many times in the past year you have encouraged me when I have had pain, I want you to know now that you are being lifted in prayer that you will be included in the trial and your treatment will be successful.

To everyone on this thread, as I know I have missed quite a few of you, I want to wish you a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year.

Love, Debbie

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

Morning Sisters,

Jean thanks for the promise, we need to remember those in our times of need.

I know we all have our routines and my morning is with prayer as I prepare to take my pill after my prayer I go to my devotional that is in my bible app on my phone and I post it on my church Facebook page. I have been managing that for a few years now and post church news updates etc. So God put on my heart to post the daily devotional here so I am going to start doing that. I pray you will all enjoy it and it is amazing how some days the words just speak to your personally as its Gods way. So I wil do my best to remember to post this every morning. Blessings!

Be Renewed

If you are weak in faith, in mind, in body, in discipline, in self-control, or in determination, simply wait on God. He will be strong through your weakness.

Isaiah 40:31 teaches that if you expect God, look for Him, and hope in Him, you will change and renew your strength and power; you will run, and not faint or become tired. The Bible doesn't say "hope so, it could be, or it may be"; it declares that you will be renewed.

Read 1 Corinthians 1:27-29

• Blessedteacher37
    edited January 2015

Good Afternoon,

Just got home from our week to clean the church, and overwhelmed by the stuff I need to do here. Good thing the Lord knows my intentions and that my entry into Heaven won't be determined by a clean, straightened house.

Please continue to pray for my friend Fonnie. All the rounds of chemo and radiation in different places has caught up with her. She is exhausted and doesn't know if she'll be able to return to teaching. Fluid drawn from her lungs revealed Cancer cells. I cried for her...but we both know God is in charge...she's trying hard to find positives. Waiting to hear about any clinical trials available at Duke or Johns Hopkins.

More later...DH ordered a pizza...healthier diet will start...tomorrow!

Prayerfully, Elle

• ladyb1234
    edited January 2015

Lucy, love the devotional. Please continue to post. The Lord had me praying for Weariness this morning and being renewed in strength. It is so Awesome how God has us praying and studing along the same lines. I posted this prayer on another thread and lead to post here:

Father I pray that you increase the Faith of those that are weary. Your Word promises your children that You will be our strength in our time of need. We thank You, Father for carrying us in our wearines, giving us rest physically, emotionally and mentally while you renew our strength! You have told us to "Come to Me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28". We stand on this Word today. Father, I come to you for me and on behalf of others and stand on this verse today. Father, I ask that you encamp your Ministering Angels around all that have been dx with bc or in the process of finding out if they are dx'd with this disease. I ask that you fill our Hearts with your Love, comfort and righteousness and stay our minds and keep them on You. Remind us that You are Jevohah-Tsidkenu - The Lord Our Righteous! Our Mediator. That as Our Mediator you knew us before we were formed, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jerm 1:5. Thank You for Your Love existing for each of us before you formed us in our mother's womb. That you knew the journey each of us would take and that you set us apart of Your special purpose and have prepared each of us to walk out this journey according to your will and purpose. We thank you for being our refuge and strength as we walk our purpose out. Let that purpose at this time in our Lives be to shine the light of your glory during this journey to be the Amassadors of Christ that You have intended each of us to be. Help, strength and guide us so that we continue to walk out our destiny in the shadow of Your love. In Jesus Name, Amen.

-Angie

• Blessedteacher37
    edited January 2015

Good Evening,

Hoping all of you sisters have had a little time to relax today, or maybe to do something unrelated to "cancer planet"' No, my house never did get much better than earlier today, but I've finally learned when enough is enough and it's time to quit.

May God bless all of you and we all know He will meet our needs. I copied and sent Angie's prayer to Fonnie on her email. She said her family is so discouraged but she is still trying to look to Him. She has lost her hair again (for the third time...when I saw her three weeks ago it had grown back) but she has been undergoing chemo off and on for the last 4 years and had three rounds of radiation, plus all the biopsies and surgeries. Her periods of remission have been very short....

I told her about this site and the encouragement she would get from it. May try to see her next week on her last radiation day (for the small mass behind her eye).

I end my evenings praying for all of you for what ever you posted that day. I am blessed to just deal with SE and no current appts.or tests..those come in late February. May God give you all a restful night, and hopefully the energy and strength to attend worship tomorrow.

I love you, sisters.....thanks for your care...

Ellen

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

Great prayer Angie...worth sharing for sure.

Ellen I am heavy in my heart for your friend Fonnie. We will lift her n prayer daily. These afflictions can be so discouraging. Share this with Fonnie too for her to pray: Body, I speak the Word of Faith to you. I demand that every organ perform a perfect work, for you are the temple of the Holy Ghost; therefore, I charge you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the authority of His holy Word to be healed and made while in Jesus' name.

Be strong and coursgeous...for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

• magdalene51
    edited January 2015

Angie, your light shines so brightly! The August chemo thread was so blessed to have you leading them, and I know your words strengthened and encouraged them. And now your prayer is sent to Fonnie, who so needs it right now. She is blessed to have Ellen as a faithful friend and prayer warrior.

Lucy, as always, your pic lifts us up. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

Blessings to you all tonight, may you all rest peacefully.

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited January 2015

Good morning dear sisters! I will post more later, but wanted to share this mornings reading from Jesus Calling

I want you to learn a new habit. Try saying "I trust you Jesus" in response to whatever happens to you. If there is time, think about who I am in all My Power and Glory: ponder also the depth and breadth of my Love for you.

This simple practice will help you see Me in evey situation, acknoledging My socerreign control over the universe. When you view events from this perspective--- through the Light of My universal Presence--- fear loses its grip on you. Adverse circumstances become growth opportunities when you affirm your trust in Me no matter what. You receive blessings gratefully, realizing they flow directly from My hand off grace. Your continued assertion of trusting Me will strengthen our relationship and keep you close to Me.

Psalm 63:2, Isaiah 40: 10-11, Psalm 139: 7-10

Kathryn

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

Morning Sister Warriors,

Praying you all have a blessed day.

Daily Devotional

You Have Not Forgotten Us

We all have a tendency to forget things sometimes: details, dates, keys, groceries and so on. It's a part of our imperfect human nature. We've all forgotten something – large or small – at some point in our lives.

At times I wonder if we take some of the traits and imperfections we are capable of and project those same characteristics upon a perfect and Holy God. It's easy to feel like God has forgotten about us in our time of need and I'm sure we've all felt that way at times. The truth is that even when God seems quiet or absent, He has promised to never leave our side. He has never forgotten us, not even for a moment.

God's word reminds us that even though sometimes we feel deserted, God never forgets us. Instead His word says we are engraved on the palms of His hands.

Read Isaiah 49:15-16

• magdalene51
    edited January 2015

OncoWarrior sent me this today, it is so sweet I wanted to share it with you.

GOD LIVES UNDER THE BED

I envy Kevin . My brother, Kevin , thinks God lives under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night. He was praying out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped to listen, 'Are you there, God?' he said. 'Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed….'

I giggled softly and tiptoed off to my own room. Kevin's unique perspectives are often a source of amusement. But that night something else lingered long after the humor. I realized for the first time the very different world Kevin lives in.

He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (he's 6-foot-2), there are few ways in which he is an adult. He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that God lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them.

I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his is monotonous life?

Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel , return to eat his favorite macaroni-and-cheese for dinner, and later to bed. The only variation in the entire scheme is laundry, when he hovers excitedly over the washing machine like a mother with her newborn child. He does not seem dissatisfied.

He lopes out to the bus every morning at 7:05, eager for a day of simple work. He wrings his hands excitedly while the water boils on the stove before dinner, and he stays up late twice a week to gather our dirty laundry for his next day's laundry chores.

And Saturdays - oh, the bliss of Saturdays! That's the day my Dad takes Kevin to the airport to have a soft drink, watch the planes land, and speculate loudly on the destination of each passenger inside. 'That one's goin' to Chi -cargo! ' Kevin shouts as he claps his hands. His anticipation is great he can hardly sleep on Friday nights.

And so goes his world of daily rituals and weekend field trips. He doesn't know what means to be discontent. His life is simple. He will never know the entanglements of wealth or power, and he does not care what brand of clothing he wears or what kind of food he eats. His needs have always been met, and he never worries that one day they may not be.

His hands are diligent. Kevin is never so happy as when he is working. When he unloads the dishwasher or vacuums the carpet, his heart is completely in it. He does not shrink from a job when it is begun, and he does not leave a job until it is finished.. But when his tasks are done, Kevin knows how to relax.

He is not obsessed with his work or the work of others. His heart is pure. He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue.

Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere.

And he trusts God. Not confined by intellectual reasoning, when he comes to Christ , he comes as a child. Kevin seems to know God - to really be friends with Him in a way that is difficult for an 'educated' person to grasp. God seems like his closest companion.

In my moments of and frustrations with my Christianity , I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith. It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions. It is then I realize that perhaps he is not the one with the handicap, I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances - they all become disabilities when I do not trust them to God's care.

Who knows Kevin comprehends things I can never? After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, praying after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of God.

And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened, and we are all amazed at how close God really is to our hearts, I'll realize that God heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that God lived under his bed.

Kevin won't be surprised at all !

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2015

Hope you all are managing tolerably today. I didn't sleep well last night and got very weak and lightheaded at church. I also have some big D and bloot clots. Spent this afternoon in bed just resting.. Our SUV develope some engine problems yesterday so my oldest son just arrived to drIve us down to my chemo appt. tomorrow due to our long hilly driveway and icing predicted. Hubby is having some double vision also and is unable to drive safely. So close to finishing chemo. Praying all goes well tomorrow. Love, Jean

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

Hi Sisters,

Mags - I have read that before a very long time ago. Thanks for sharing, I just love the sweetness of that story. Hope you are having a blessed day.

Jean - sorry to hear you are having some challenges. I just got to the store to shop at our local co-op as I am waiting for my daughter so we could shop together. Well I guess it's not really local its 30 min away. I am glad your son could be there to help you tomorrow.

I went to church alone as DH was not totally up for sitting in the chairs there. For the most part he is doing much better and just has an area on his upper back that is still hurting him. So got him showered and fed and left him very happy with a remote and football games.

Church was good and always nice to see our church family and to fill up and get recharged for the coming week. The message was good spoke of Jacob and when God touched his hip and he was afflicted with a limp and walked with a cane. Also touched on being in a good place to sell things or to let go of things and to be sure that we are ok with this and if not we have to evaluate to be sure we are not letting things hold on to us. Both were good messages and I just wished DH was there to listen...lol

I would like to ask for prayer for our daughter and her DH so we can grow our relationship this year. She is all about the universe and doesn't support our beliefs at all. It makes it very difficult in our relationship and she is very stronger minded and opinionated and doesn't agree with a lot that we do or say when it comes to our faith. I just want be able to have a good relationship without judgment. She was and is very against my chemo treatment and early on it was difficult. She wanted me to go to Mexico and do the Gerson clinic.

Thanks Warriors...more later and many blessings!

Lucy

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited January 2015

Hello Sisters of Faith:

I am sorry to be MIA these past few days. It's hard to believe that my vacation time has flown by just like you said Nancy. Poof. I have all of you in prayer and think about you often. Some of you have been heavy on my heart but all of you have been there in thought and prayer. My dad has been with me through the break. He has not put up a fuss to go home and I think he is appreciating the company and first floor quarters. I called his doctor Monday against his protests and the doctor increased his Lasix from 20mg to 80 mg. He has been slowly reducing the amount. My dad lost about 8 to 9 pounds of water weight. I can tell that he is not breathing as heavily and laboring as much when he moves around so it has helped. From death's doorsteps to a slow recovery. 

Nancy: My dear sweet sister. I feel for your plight with your mother. My dad's memory is going a bit and he did mess up his meds. He was supposed to be taking 40mg in the am and 20 in the pm and only has been taking 20 mg. both times. I guess I am at fault for not being so aware. But he gets depressed and some times he lashes out at me for no reason. My mother did that when I was caring for her so I will put my tough armor on and take the blows if he feels he needs to get things out. He cries a bit more in his frustration of not being able to do things like he use to. At least he has not felt like leaving this earth for a week now so I guess things are looking up. But Nancy, you have been in my prayers for all you must do and will need to do for her wellbeing. I am praying for strength, better health for you and for her to become gentle as a dove when things must change.

Mags: Oh dear Mags, I am praying for you to be bathed in God's love and mercy. May you feel the warmth of his love all around you and may it shut out all the doubt and sadness you feel. I can't say how you feel but I know God must love you very much to endure much. Thank you for sharing your story of Kevin. Oh that all of our hearts and thoughts could be like that of a child. Childlike faith....why is it that we lose that along the way. No wonder God warns about harming a hair on a child's head. He sees their faith as pure and simple.

Lucy: You are a pillar of strength in the storms of life dear friend. You not only stand strong with your own issues but also are a rock for your husband, family and friend. I am so sad that Mayo did not turn out the way we all had prayed but God does have it all under control and in His plans. I am sorry about your hubby's fall and pray that he does not hurt too long. I am sure it must have been hard on both of you and I am glad that he has not broken lots of bones or suffered a concussion from it. I am glad to hear that your results continue to be good. I will pray for you family and that they come into a better relationship with God this year. I think we all have loved ones that we are concerned about. I will also pray for your husbands disability hearing as well. I know God will provide. Also for your issue with your home and getting things settled there. Lots of things on your plate these days. Eat that elephant one bite at a time and try not to take on too much all as once.

Jean: Praying for you issues. Why it seems to pour issues on us all at once is hard to imagine but you are close to the finish and I know God will see you through it. He makes a way. Praise God for your son and his willingness to help. I will keep both you and your hubby in my prayes.

Mini: So glad that the surgery went well and that both of you are doing well.

Will post and continue this.