Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited January 2015

Okay..continuing on here.

Angie: I am glad that you got in to see the doctor on your eye. I am glad that he was very helpful and it was not a detached retina.

Kath: Praying for your tests and SE. I will keep your friend Fonnie in prayer as well. God also must love her very much to give her so much to bear. Praying your son recovers quickly from his surgery. Not like this old gal. My meniscus is still flaring up.

Becky and Kath: I will say this....when I think of what you Becky and Kath, what your friend Fonnie have gone through my only thought is that God needs for us to be the light in so much darkness. Why do His children suffer so...because...possibly to let others see that hope that is in us and to share that with others. If we did not suffer afflictions as others do, how could we possibly lead others to Christ? Would others scorn us for not suffering like they do and thus not believe or turn away in anger. So...we are here for the high calling of God. To minister to others and to always give a reason for the hope that is in us. Faith is that which is unseen and so I pray that your faith is strengthen and you rise above all of this with reassurance that He has it all worked out.

Poly, Vicks, She Angel, Anita, Jo, Ellen, Mini, Teach,...all of you are in my prayers as well.

I took some time to reflect over the past year. I am so blessed to have met so many wonderful women on this thread. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group and pray for all of you. I did not make any goals this year. I think last year God was trying to tell me that even though I made all these lofty plans, they were not His plans and He took me down a different path. So this year, I want to be a follower of His direction and a better listener. I am going to do my best to let Him steer me along the pathway this year and take me where He will have me go. I know that it will be a great adventure because He will be there with me each step of the way.
    Happy New Year to all of you,

In Christ,

Char

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited January 2015

Good Evening sisters,

I have been reading through today's posts and see answered prayers as well as additional needs. Praying first of all for salvation for those with loved ones who don't know our Lord. Lucy, I understand your prayer request for your daughter; one of my husband's children presently doesn't acknowledge God at all. He was raised in church, but a disastrous relationship in his teen years plus an agnostic professor in his favorite college class set him on a path away from everything he once believed . He doesn't argue with us but won't listen either. Will keep your daughter in prayer...all you have endured may be the only witness of God that she will believe. I know others of you have this burden.

Char, I know all about those vacations slipping away. Why is it that workdays can go so slow and days off go so fast???? I am so inspired by your efforts to help your dad. When you said you had to put on your tough armor, I smiled. Everyone I know who takes care of elderly parents has a set or two of tough armor! I hope when the time comes for me to care for my mom, that I have the patience and love I see in you, Nancy, and others.

Angie, struggling with the pastor's wife role tonight. Disagreed with DH on the possible motives of some actions of our church members, and got accused of not being supportive. This whole conversation stemmed from my determination not to be judgmental and somewhere along the way it turned to something different. Satan, leave me alone! Got to learn to listen more and talk less...any suggestions ?

Wishing you all a restful night..Jean, sure hope you can get to your appointment...it's almost over!

Love you all.....Ellen

• gardengal777
    edited January 2015

Ellen: I wish I had some suggestions for you. Lately everything I say to my dad is taken the wrong way. Sometimes I wish I said nothing. I sure do not envy your position. I have a hard enough time just trying to walk the walk and I guess God figured I would not make a good pastor's wife. I often try to figure out what is going on with our pastor and some members in our church based on some of the sermons he preaches. It must be a hard roll. All I can say is pray about it and remind dear hubby that your opinion does not mean you aren't supportive. Perhaps the truth is you could be right and is struck a cord

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited January 2015

Sorry all: day got away from me: back to work tomorrow--

Worried about Nancy: anyone hear from her?

Love you all

Kath

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited January 2015

Evening Ladies,

Thought I would pop in and see if Nancy had posted. I see Toby was thinking the same thing. I have prayed a throughout the day for several that pop into my head. I know this is a tough time for many of us with different challenges. We have to stand strong and we are coursgeous and we will be victorious. Right???

Nancy know we love you and lift you up. Take comfort in that my friend.

I pray all who have doc appts or tests or are dealing with SE have a good week and ease into the week. I will hit the morning early with Curves then go to the office. That will be the plan for the week. I thank God He gives me the stamina to keep going and doing what I need to do.

Blessings...Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,876
    edited January 2015

Hi ladies,

I didn't mean to worry you. I definitely could use some prayer. I have not been feeling well physically and struggling emotionally as well. I have been fighting off something for the last few days and feel like I have been in a spiritual battle. Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my nephew's death. My sister puts his picture in the paper every year in his memory. He was only 36. Yesterday was a rainy and gloomy day and my mood reflected that. I didn't feel like I was able to contribute anything encouraging until I felt better. Debbie sort of hit the nail on the head. I don't take care of myself when I am at my mom's. I am not sure how that is going to change but it needs to. My mom is taking an enormous amount of mental energy every day and it is taking it's toll when I don't feel well to begin with. I want to be strong for all of you and I will be. The Lord really showed me that I need to ask him for energy and strength and patience on a daily basis when it come to dealing with my mom. Just as God gave the Israelites manna for only one day at a time the Lord showed me that I need to ask him for each day and not to look at the large unknown picture and get overwhelmed. Things are still breaking at my mom's house and Satan is still trying to use those things to discourage and eventually destroy me. It is NOT going to happen because God is on my side and I will win.

Have a restful night and I would appreciate your prayers. GI issues are not good.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    edited January 2015

Good Morning sisters,

Woke up this AM to a spectacular sunrise, full of purple and pink clouds against a blue sky. "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

Praying for all who are going in for treatments today, appointments for results, or having tests done. Since we have Christ as our deliverer from sin and hell, we are victorious. Having to rely on God so heavily makes us MORE dependent on Him, which helps see we cannot get through this without Him. If you have it, Jesus Calling is so appropriate for us today.

Love you all...Nancy, praying for you. May God wrap His arms around you and give you health, rest and peace.

Striving today that all my words will exhort and not hurt, encourage and not tear down. God bless you all!

Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited January 2015

Nancy, you have been such an encourager. Lifting us up in words and prayer. Now it's your turn. Its ok to be weak for according to God's word His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Also His word reminds us that weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning. Be encouraged dear sister He's got this. Love, Jean

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2015

Hi Ladies, I just feel blessed to have the energy to actually be here at work on my lunch break and catching up on posts. The weekend was filled with a lot of sleeping. I have never had a Benadryl injection so I can only assume that is the reason for this lethargy I seem to have. I will be asking about it on Friday to see if this will be a regular thing. It has actually taken me all weekend to get straight. If I had anything to do I would have to take a nap before or after, I rarely take a nap after church and found myself asleep for 4 hours yesterday. I try to remind myself that...he gives us rest. Have a blessed day ladies, the sun is finally out here and even though its cold its so gorgeous.

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2015

Hi sister warriors,

You have all blessed my heart so much with your supportive and loving and caring posts. Thank you all so much.  Todays Jesus Calling really hit me. It is funny how some days you feel are just written for you. I must share this because it is so amazing to me. Those who have been on here for a while are familiar with my swan family photo and story. In my local newspaper I was the monthly winner for August in their photo contest. I had never entered a photo contest before. Today one of my fellow retirees from my one of my schools emailed me and told me that my swan picture was in the newspaper again today. I would never have know this if she had not emailed me. I found the e edition online and they put the photo winners from 2014. My photo was oddly bigger than anyone else's and right at the top of the page . The Lord has used that photo and story of how this swan family was a gift of God during my radiation and PT treatments. I had the picture blown up and framed and it is in my living room. I see this picture as an altar to God and how he gave me the gift of a swan family to brighten my day in a difficult journey. I see this picture in the paper today as the Lord again encouraging my heart and telling me that He is right there in the battle that I am facing now dealing with sickness, my mother's dementia and another possible cancer in my thyroid. God is so good and has done amazing things in 2014 and is showing me already amazing things in 2015.

I have prayed for every single one of you before posting today. There are many needs out there but I know that God is in control even though it may appear that everything seems contrary to that fact. We cannot base our faith on feelings. I have to preach that to myself all the time. I am still dealing with really bad GI issues and headaches but the Lord made it possible for me to run some important errands and make it back home with no issues. PTL

Thank you all for your concern. It really has been amazing and I hope to feel much better really soon.

Love you all,

Nancy

• gardengal777
    edited January 2015

• gardengal777
    edited January 2015

Nancy: Caregivers are so likely to destroy their own health because they do not take care of themselves. When I lost my mom, I believe God took her because I was emotionally exhausted. Raising two nephews, holding down a job and helping my dad was just too much. Many a night I broke down in tears. I think God knew it was just too much and so He called her home. Please take care of yourself as you will be no good for anyone if you are ill. In the mean time, we will keep you lifted in prayer dear sister. I know God wants us to come boldly to the thrown and ask Him to meet our needs.

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2015

Dear sisters, please support me in prayer. I am fighting a battle with anxiety and fear. I saw my chemo doc today and it seems they want mIsaiah 43:16, 18-19

New International Version

This is what the Lord says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wastelande to have an axillary lymph node dissection surgery before radiation. This would give me a slightly better chance of avoiding a relapse and is the standard of care right now. I need to trust Jesus for this but am having a hard time. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2015

I posted the somewhat disconnected msg above as is without edit. What happened was, as I was typing I must have hit some thing by accident and the Scripture popped up in the middle of my message asking for prayer. How amazing. God calling to reassure me. Love, Jean

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

imageimage

Daily Devotional (For Nancy and Jean)

Don't Lose Focus

Sometimes we lose our focus. We can be walking in love all day, going along fine, until someone comes along and offends us. As soon as we forget our focus of love, we stop making progress and come to a standstill - aggravated, upset, and offended.

Understand that the mind is a battlefield. If you don't stop Satan when he gets into your thoughts, you are not going to stop him from getting into your life. Stay focused. Ask God to help you remain full of love, no matter what comes your way today.

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 2Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭4‬

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2015

I know those of you who have been caregivers like Jo and Char and I think Jean and Mags and Ellen and Polly and probably others have been through this. I really don't know what a good balance is at this point. I just know that there have been pressing things which needed to be done and I am the one who does those things. I don't want to get into personal family matters on a public forum so I won't. Things may not always been as crazy as they have been lately. Prayers are working because I must say that tonight I am feeling much better and I hope the trend continues.

Jean, I will be praying for your fear and anxiety. The verse I shared for you a few days ago is still appropriate. I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.

Lucy, Thanks for your devotionals and your inspirational banners.

I will be praying for all of you who are back to work and dealing with SE's and treatments. Thinking of Kath, Angie, SheAngel in that category and all others who are having treatments active or nonactive and still dealing with SE's. I know Angie and Jean are on your last stretch. Before you know it you will be ringing that bell in celebration. Hang on. You will get through this,

Good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

Nancy so glad to hear you are feeling our prayers. I love knowing they are working, it just shows how much God loves us all.

Daily Devotional

Be Secure
    God can strengthen us to the point that we can make progress even during trouble. The psalmist said of God, "He makes my feet like hinds' feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]. You have girded me with strength for the battle" (Psalm 18:33).

Trials and testing do not come to cause us to lose stability. They are opportunities to prove the strength of God. We don't have to waver in our confidence. Nothing will keep us from making progress today because God is our strength.

I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalms‬ ‭18‬:‭1-2

Have a blessed day Sister Warriors

Lucy

• Blessedteacher37
    edited January 2015

Good morning sisters,

Here's wishing and praying for a day with no "hiccups" in treatment, no side effects, and energy to do something we want to do. Thanks for the encouragement and support you have given me.

Our news here has had a lot about Stuart Scott. I do not know if he was a believer, but he lived life enthusiastically through a lot of experimental treatments and three dx. I pray that all of us encourage and inspire everyday. It appears he inspired many people to keep going and do their best, even when it was hard. Our treasures are in heaven, not fame on earth, But his love of life and family is admirable.

My signature verse is 2 Corinthians 1: 3,4. Praying for your comfort and healing today so you can share it with others

Ellen

• gardengal777
    edited January 2015

Nancy: I have dealt with similar matters. When I shared my feelings with family, I was told that I like being the martyr. I just wanted others to step up to the plate and do their share but I truly believe that in most cases, but not all cases, there is usually one caregiver that ends up at the helm taking care of the person in need. I found that while I would appreciate their help, God knows my needs and my siblings will have to answer like me for what they did to help. I will go out of this world guilty for many things but taking care of parents will not be one of them. I have just decided that it is what it is. My prayers are with you dear sister

• gardengal777
    edited January 2015

Amen Ellen. Our eyes should always be focused on heaven. This is just a temporary home.

Lucy: Love your posts. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2015

I love that verse, the Lord is my rock, my fortress and deliverer. I love that banner as well. Ellen, I have to laugh at no hiccups. I wish I could say that was true but in my hiccup today of having to run out and get a new smoke alarm right before dinner I saw a gorgeous sunset. It was just another way that the Lord was saying I am providing a distraction for you tonight. I sure wished I had my camera at that moment.

Char, I don't want to say too much but I hear you. Thanks for sharing and for your understanding.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2015

Hey Kath,

Not sure if you are getting my messages. I am praying for you dear sister. Praying that all is well at work and SEs' are manageable. Also praying that Forrest's first PT went well yesterday. When I log into my email it says there is outages in my area but not sure if that is affecting my email at my moms. Anyway I am thinking and praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited January 2015

Lucy, Thanks for the devotionals and the banners.

Will write more this evening

Praying always,

Angie

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited January 2015

Dear Sisters, just a quick update on my visit with pain specialist today. He was very good, thorough, and though he didn't have X-rays, he did a physical exam and range of motion assessment and agreed that probably a complete shoulder replacement was my only real fix, but also said it was unlikely the oncologist would approve because of the lymphedema issue. However, he has a plan to get me through rads – I don't know how practical it is. It involves doing a nerve block. He is going to do a trial next week, but it will only last 24-48 hours, so I will try to schedule a rads appt. within the first day to see if it works. If it does, he can do an additional tweak that makes it last longer – but I forgot to ask how long. Complicating all this is the fact that he operates out of a hospital on the south side of the city that I am north of - about a 45 minute drive each way. And I have to have a driver because the nerve block will leave my arm useless. Can I do that for 6-1/2 weeks? I just don't know. Numb is better than pain, but if it's like the one I had for the rotator cuff surgery, I had no use of my arm for 36 hours or more.

OK, we still know that God will make a way for me to do exactly what he wants me to do. Maybe his plan for me doesn't include rads. I would be ok with that, though DH will not. But be it unto me according to thy will, O Lord.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

• SpiritBlessing
    edited January 2015

Morning Warriors,

Have a blessed day...love to you all.

Daily Devotional

Be Fully Satisfied

Many people pursue possessions and awards to satisfy their inner need for contentment. But we can be fully satisfied in lean times and in times of abundance, whether we abase or abound (see Philippians 4:12), when we learn to enjoy fellowship with the Lord as soon as we wake up.

Before you are fully awake, you can start talking to God. Just thank Him for seeing you through yesterday, and for being with you today. Praise Him for providing for you, and for working out all the situations in your life for your good.

Ask Him to make you aware of His presence all day long. Peace fills your heart when your mind is on the Lord. Nothing is more satisfying than walking with God.

Read Psalms 92:13,14

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited January 2015

Whenever you look for me, you will find Me.  My promist to be with you always ensure that you never have to face anything alone.  This promise is for everyone who has trusted Me As Savior.  However, to reap the benefits of this amazing blessing, you must look for Me in the midst of your moments.  This sounds like an easy thing to do, but it goes against the grain of the world, the flesh, and the devil.

The evil one uses three D's to keep you from finding Me: distractions, deception, and discouragement.  The world abounds with t hings to distract you from Me, so don't be upset when you realize your mind has wandered, just Return to Me with a smile, and whisper my name in loving contentment.  Deception is one of Satans favorite tactics, from the time of Adam and Eve onward.  The best defense against the devils deceptions is to study and absorb My Word.  Discouragement knockes at the door of every human heart at times, but you can refuse to let it in.  As you resist these tricky tactics and look for Me, You will FIND me.

(Azariah) went out to meet King Asa as he was returning from battle.  "Listen to me, Asa!" Listen, armies of Judha and Benjamin! "The Lord ill stay with you as long as you stay with him!  Whenever you look for him, you will find him.  But if you forsake him, he will forsake you.  - 2 Chronicles 15:2

Nancy, I know this is the day.  My prayers are that God will provide the caregiver you are meeting with today with the skills needed to have your mom welcome her with open arms.  That she bring you some peace of mind.  That you are taking some time to rest your body, and your mind.  When you do this, you will find the peace, and the strength God has given you.  Caregiving is exhausting.  My sister and I took care of our mom after a stroke at home for several years, before we could not do it anymore and placed her in an assisted living.  I was in my 20's, and we were "on duty" every other night:  to feed her, help her to commode, position her in bed, etc.  Looking back it was a task for sure, but God was with me every step of the way.  I surely do NOT want to be a burden to my boys, and my DH and I have had several discussions about it.

Ellen, thank you for all your words.  I can not imagine the stress of being a pastors wife at times.  I know I have been guilty of perceiving my pastors wives, especially when younger as being "perfect".  Bless you sister.

Mags:  wow, what a decision.  I will pray fhat God provide you with the guidance and the answers you need.  When I think about how many more treatments I have, the SEs involved, and the time frame I tend to shut down.  One of those good ole Satan distractions, so I have learned I can NOT just simply CANNOT think about how long I have with treatment before rads.  Only you can make this decision, and I know we will honor what it is you choose.  With that said, I am thrilled you have an option.

Angie, your testimony and posting for those who are weary really hits the spot.  I have printed it for my "down days."  I am praying you are good.

Lucy:  as always, your banners, and your postings seem to meet my needs and provide immediate relief: kinda like my new favorite robe I got for Christmas!  Maybe that is my new visual:  when I read your banner, I will make sure my robe is on, and imagine your words warming me also.  continued prayers for DH

Jean--  wow, so close to the finish line my friend.  I understand those fears and anxiety, trust me.  You will get there.  One day, one hour at a time.  You are surrounded by this groups love, and powerful prayers for grace, and peace.  and MINIMAL SE's!

Lucy, prayers for your daughter and DH.  Interesting with my twins-- the one at Florida Southern which is a Methodist College is the one who sent to Haiti, etc.  Also brilliant. While he attends church when home with me, I would hope and pray his faith becomes stronger.  His brother is at Covenant, a Presbyterian college in Look Out Mtn GA.  He has become a true man of faith--  and is a leader with Young Life.  Never woulda "thunk!"  I will also lift you up as well.

Char:  so sorry your knee is still bothering you.  Did they trim it?  Repair it?  I know you are done with PT.  Have you thought of acupuncture?  I am loving it.  I feel the effects for a couple of days ---  and then want more!  :)  Being pretty conservative, I never would have thought I would embrace it.  Your thoughts on concentrating to be a follower of his direction this year is wise.  Prayers and hugs my friend.

She---  think of you often.  Taxotere and Taxol really took its toll on me.  Nine weeks later, I am still feeling effects.  I did not ice during tx, but did use tea tree oil and hard as nails.  Nonetheless I lost my second nail on Christmas day.  Both are gone from my pointer finger-- maybe its God way of reminding me not to point fingers!  :)  The acupuncture has really really helped.  My swelling has gone down some, he did explain it won't go away completely until after all my chemo, but check it out.  Rest, rest and more rest my friend. 

I know I did not list everyone:  please please know I lift all of you up specifically for needs as soon as I read them, and overall for his direction, his peace, and his presence in your lives every day.

Okay:  back to work

Hugs

Kathryn   

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2015

Nancy, I believe that everything is for a reason. I know that the reposting of the swan family along with the subsequent email from your friend about it being in the paper again was all part of the plan. God knew that at this time, this place and in this space you would need that reminder that he is constantly there working it out.

I find myself looking at the sky every morning before I pull out the garage, noticing the beauty of things I had zoomed pass before to busy to notice God's glorious work, how things all fall together and work for the good.

I find it so easy to forget when all the other things are going on around me and have to thank God that my husband does not forget and quotes me scripture and reminds me of things seen and unseen that reveal his goodness.I was complaining last night about the hot flashes and how the night before I was so hot and sweaty that I walked out the back door onto the deck at 2am and stood there looking up at the moon without a stitch on sweating like I was in a sauna and my husband just said if that happens tonight wake me so I can come out an look at the moon too. Then he reminded me that this too shall pass and that the bible tells us the end of a thing is better than the beginning and I realized it's not that bad and I need to be blessing someone else

I too have those moments of anxiety that Jean spoke of and I have to remind myself trust in the Lord, he knows what he is doing and why. The times where I have tried to lean on my own understanding and fix it myself have only messed things up. I know his time is not my time which makes it ever harder, but his time has always been right on time,  I need only remember that.

"Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait I say on the Lord." Psalm 27:14

I continue to pray for us.

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2015

Hello sister warriors,

A quick note to ask for prayers for today. The home health care worker is
    coming this afternoon for the first time. My prayer is that my mom will
    eventually love the service and the companionship that could come from this.
    This caregiver is basically going from a nurse and evaluator to a caregiving
    role. So this should be interesting.

Mags, I read your post very late last night. I have to admit I had a hard
    time sleeping for concern over you. I got up out of bed and read it again. No
    one knows what you are going through except you. No one can fully understand
    what you have gone through even before bc except you. I know when I was at a
    very low point a few days ago there is not much that anyone could have said to
    me to make me feel better. The Lord knew I needed some time for Him to work in
    my heart and in my mind and body. One thing I do know is that I would never want
    to make a huge decision when I was in that low point. I am on my church's prayer
    chain and there was a request that came in from this man. He mentioned this
    lady's name and said she is 92 years old in stage 4 cancer and just wants to go
    home and be with the Lord. I don't ever remember a request coming in like that
    before. I didn't know any other specifics than what he wrote. I prayed that the
    Lord would honor her request. When it comes to you I just feel so strongly that
    the Lord wants you to live. I know the obstacles seem insurmountable right now
    but I hope you can have some days of clarity and more energy to really pray
    about your decision. I love you and care about you and that is why I write this.
    I pray that I have not offended you at all because I certainly didn't mean to if
    I did. I know that all the ladies here will pray for you in this most difficult
    time.

I will check in later. Thank you all for your prayers and posts on my
    behalf. It is such a comforting feeling to have all of this support on this
    thread.

Love,
    Nancy

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited January 2015

Nancy, ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

No offense taken, your words are a balm to my soul.

Much love.

• Blessedteacher37
    edited January 2015

For a soothing message in song...my stepdaughter wanted me to hear "Bethel Music--It is Well" on You Tube. I was so moved I wanted to share it with all of you. Some of you may already be familiar with it.

Praying for easing of pain, smooth travel, and clear decisions for all of you! May God continue to comfort and strengthen all of us.

Ellen