thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited July 2015

Nice picture Nancy and you're hair is so cute. I am liking my short hair and doubt I will ever grow it out again...ha probably not able to at this point.

Saw this pic and thought I would share...made me smile...

Good night

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2015

Darling picture, Nancy!!!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited July 2015

Lord, I ask that you help Joanne get to the doctor's apt. When she is there I pray that the ones packing her wound will be caring and sensitive and gentle. I pray for pain control throughout this process. We ask for your supernatural strength both physical and emotional for Joanne during this long journey and detour that she has been on. Encourage her heart this day and everyday that she is battling this open wound. I pray for Dan who has been such a great strength and comfort for her. I pray that you give him that inner strength that can only come from you as he watches Joanne go through this difficult time. Encourage his heart as well. Father we don't know why things happen to good people as they do but I do pray that Joanne will see good that will come from this. I pray that her testimony will be even stronger when she can minister to others who are suffering after she has been through this trial of suffering herself. Amen.

Continued prayers for you dear sister.

Love,

Nancy

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited July 2015

Good afternoon everyone. Hope your day is going well:). Jean and Jo prayer for both of you that you will find new strength and pain will subside. Mini I pray you will have safe travel and extra energy to keep up with the youth! Nancy your picture made me smile. Looks Ike you have some wonderful friends! Prayers to all for peace and comfort.

Farmlady I pray that our Father leads you to the decision that is His will for you. I pray that you hear with distinction His answer for your journey.

I am new here and not yet 60 but joined cause I see the love of The Lord here among these ladies and I need that support. I love our Heavenly Father and being able to share here means a lot. There is another group that I am with through this website that's called Triple Positive. It's wonderful support and full of information about Triple Positive Dx. I have seen a thread for Triple Negative you should check it out. It may help with some of your questions also.

I need prayer please I will be starting chemo tomorrow at 10:30. I am supposed to do 6 treatments over 18 weeks. No denying I am scared but God has this and I have to learn to lean into Him and not my self. Believe me I am not the best at accepting God just doesn't need my help! Lol. Crazy circumstances but have learned so much about myself and my relationship with Him. I will do my best to keep posting.

• Kindergarten
    edited July 2015

Dear Jo-5!!! Prayers for a pain-free and comfortable visit! May everyone be gentle with you!!

Dear Gretagirl, May you feel God's presence as you start Chemo tomorrow!! You are a survivor and you will do fine! The Chemo will kick that cancer to the curb!! By His Stripes You are HEALED!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2015

Greatagirl, I am glad that you can finally get this chemo journey off the ground. I am assuming that the bladder infection is finally gone now. Prayers for you that you will be able to feel the Lord with you as you go through this journey. I pray against fear and anxiety and that you will get through this first chemo with confidence. Praying for strength and stamina for the journey and that you will find positives in this. It sounds like He has already been teaching you more about yourself. I found many, many blessings along the way and for sure the ladies I have met here are one of them.

Lucy, love your cute little banner. You need to find a banner that says short hair rocks. LOL

Joanne, I am glad to hear that your apt today was not too bad but very sorry to hear that you hit a nerve or whatever has caused you more pain. I pray that this pain has subsided and that you can find a comfortable position to be in. Continued prayers for you dear one.

After my MO apt I spent some time at the police station. No I didn't strangle my doctor. I am getting ready to sell some big items on Craigslist and wanted to talk to them as their facility is offered as a safe site to carryout the transaction. I would appreciate your prayers for wisdom and for safety in this venture. Also it looks like I will continue on Arimidex at least for now.

Love,

Nancy

• 123justme
    123justme Member Posts: 169
    edited July 2015

Praying for everyone here. May God embrace each of you in his loving arms and guide you through this storm

• SpiritBlessing
    edited July 2015

Jo, so glad you had a good appt. Sorry you had to experience nerve pain. DH has that daily and it is not fun. So don't tease your hair for a while...lol. I am sure you look amazing.

Gretagirl, You will do fine. Know God is with you and what I do is as they start to inject the drug I sit back close my eyes and pray and talk to God, Jesus and Holy Spirit and my guardian angel...they are all with me and I feel their presence all about me. Lean into them all as they are here for us during our trials. I started a new chemo treatment 2 Monday's ago and I had to do this again and I have been doing this 2 years next month.

I experienced a little bit of my heart racing 2 times, once last night about 8:00 and then again this morning about 8:30 so I am fine other than that. Not sure as it is not a side effect they are expecting. Prayers welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Have a blessed afternoon...leaving the office now and heading home...Lucy

Oh...Nancy...These are for you:

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2015

Let's remember that 123JustMe is having surgery on Thursday. Let' pray for a great result, no complication and great pain control and of course that they get all of the cancer and with clean margins.

Lucy, I knew I could count on you to produce. LOL I have delusions of grandeur that I fall into the last category pic. LOL Prayers that you will have NO bad SE and that the heart racing was nothing to worry about.

These pics are from my garden and for all going through treatment, those getting ready for treatment, those in inactive treatment, those facing surgery, those recovering from surgery and all the ladies that are done and getting their lives back. In other words this is for all of YOU.

Love,

Nancy

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited July 2015

So pretty these photos. I'm in constant awe of Gods Creations. Praying that everyone is is wrapped in Gods grace and peace.🙏🙏🙏

❤️ Evie

• artsee
    edited July 2015

Well I filled out all my information and I see none of it is showing up on the bottom. I don't know why but it took me a good amount of time. Geez.

• SpiritBlessing
    edited July 2015

Nancy I totally think we are all sexy with our short hair. I actuallly always wanted to try short hair and was to afraid to cut my long hair to take the risk. Well the chemo sure took care of that. But I am so glad of all the money I am saving because of it too. I would spend a stupid amount to cut and dye my hair. So oh natural it is for this chic! What type of flower is your first pic? It sure is pretty.

Artsee, did you save it? I think that happened to me once. I haven't updated mine since my last dx or tx.

More later...Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2015

Lucy, I have actually never dyed my hair and yes I realize how fortunate I am at my age. One of my grandmothers had coal black hair into her very, very late years.

I think your short hair cut and the au natural color is very flattering for you. That first flower is a hibiscus but it is an annual not the hardly kind. I think there are many different hybrids of this flower. The second flower is not roses as you might think but begonias. My roses I waited to late to shoot and they are going into their resting period and the flowers left are not ones I want to photography.

Evie, it is always frustrating when technology doesn't work as we had hoped. I know this is an obvious that you probably know but have you chosen for it to be shown to the public or not. I will have to go back and see what it looks like. Do you still see the info in your profile at all but just not publicly. If that is the case it might just be going through each area and opting to show it publicly or not. If you don't see your info at all maybe it is as Lucy said and you forgot to save it. Sorry for the trouble.

Love,

Nancy

• artsee
    edited July 2015

Nancy, I've saved everything. I wanted to change my profile Avatar but can't seem to get a new one on there. I also updated my entail address so now they have me listed as a new BC person on here. They sent me all the rules and do's and don'ts. Things should not be so difficult.

Now let's see if anything new appears on the bottom of this post......😆

Evie

• artsee
    edited July 2015

Nope......I don't know what else to do....sorry!

• artsee
    edited July 2015
    Testing....
  • 123justme
    edited July 2015
    Prayer Warriors,
    Please pray for no node involvement as well.

Thank you
  • bandwoman1234
    edited July 2015

Evie,

I see three posts from you and all of your bio transferred. Regarding your avatar I remember having trouble when I first posted mine. If it is not an acceptable size they wouldn't accept it. You have to resize it to a smaller file. Try right clicking on your picture to see if it gives you the option to resize it. I just went into my bio and changed something. They all look different and bigger than I remember with a different font. Sorry this was such a hassle. When I was asking about your bio recently I didn't mean for you to go to all of that trouble. It does help us all to see who else has been through similar treatments. Thanks for going to all the trouble. If you have trouble with those things in the future the moderators are really good at responding if you send them a PM. I did that recently when my banner would not post. It was just a glitch possibly in my computer at the time and it resolved quickly.

Have a great day.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2015

I have my 2nd pain management appointment tomorrow. Hoping it will begin to give some relief soon. Yesterday I get a NEGATIVE mamogram and saw my surgeon at Sloan Kettering. Next appointment with her is in a year. Yay! Thank you Jesus. Love, Jean

• 123justme
    edited July 2015
    Congratulations Jean! That is great news!!!
  • Kindergarten
    edited July 2015

Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, I miss the Flowers of the Midwest!! Thanks, Nancy!!

Many Prayers for 123JustMe!!

Great news, jean!!

God is Good, all the time!!

• Alncarol
    Alncarol Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015

This is my first post on this site since my surgery last Thursday. I am 69 years young, 5 children, 14 grandchildren and 3 and 1/2 greats! So, as you can see, I am Too blessed to be stressed!

This will not be long as I can control the pain if not using my hands right now. A wonderful Godly friend is with me from Fl and taking me to walk in a newly opened Ross down the street. I am very tired right now and all I can do is find peace in the Father's arms.

I am reading your posts and finding strength and encouragement in them. Will write my story later. God bless each and every one of you!

• 123justme
    edited July 2015
    Thank you Kindergarten and friends for the prayers!
  • zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2015

After the encouraging report on my mamo, I feel like I was knocked down again. My cardio oncologist just called to tell me that my heart muscle has weakened and while still in the normal range, they have to keep a close watch on it. If it goes too low I will have to stop the herceptin / perjeta infusions. Please pray for mr. Love, Jean

PS Jo I hope you are feeling better and prayers for strength, courage and healing for all.

• Gretagirl
    edited July 2015

Thanks to each f you for the prayers!!!, I have been here since 1030 it is almost 415. I am on Hereceptin now. I did fine with Taxotere the Carboplatin grave me heartburn and made my stomach cramp but ok now. I did two hours of pre meds anti nausea and steroids. Have to take zofran when I get home and compazine at bed time. Tomorrow I start with zofran ran every 8 hours steroids am and pm antihistamine neulesta injection Advil or aleve comparing at bedtime. I take antihistamine and Advil for the next five days. Does this sound like y'all's regime?

• Gretagirl
    edited July 2015

Almost forgot Nancy the flowers are beautiful ! Prayers for healing comfort and peace!

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited July 2015

Oh my, such a busy thread!

Greta, I think you will find that what you were given was given to a lot of us. Glad you are taking the zofran every 8 hours. If you have break through nausea let MO know.

Jean, you are so strong your heart will be okay!!! :)

Lucy, continued prayers for no SE's, and those having had surgery that God surrounds you with wonderful angels he places in our lives.

Kinder, Carol, continued prayers for you

Jo, always in my heart and prayers. PTL it was better today!!!

Nancy, photos and your posts are incredible as always. I always feel better and more at peace after catching up. Life for me is very busy, but God is with me every step.

Yesterdays Jesus Calling:

Many people turn away from Me when they are exhausted. They associate Me with duty and diligence, so they try to hide from My Presence when they need a break from work. How this saddens me! As I spoke through My Prophet Isaiah: In returning to Me and resting in Me you shall be saved; in quietness and trust shall be your strength.

Proverbs 3:5 Isaiah 30:15

She, hope your pain is a little better. Sounds like the move was the right thing. Prayers for continued strength and freedom from pain.

Well dear sisters, back to work

Hugs and Love,

In His Name

Kath

• artsee
    edited July 2015

Lol Nancy....it looks like it just took a little while to transfer all the info. I did end up going through and changing it all to public instead of private. I don't know how it got to the private setting because that was never my intention. When I started coming back on the threads here in April I wanted to change it because that was what they wanted...new rules or something, but I hadn't gotten around on it yet. I'll play around with the Avatar...it tells me I can't do it from my I Pad but should try it from a bigger computer so I'll go on the Mac later. Thank you for your post. Appreciate it.

I'd like to just say thank you for the prayers sent my way before my surgery. The scar tissue was removed two weeks ago and the scar looks great. No more redness and the incision is hardly noticeable.. I'm so blessed to have had such an artistic surgeon this time.

Hugs and prayers to all who are suffering. It will get better.

Evie

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2015

Carol, welcome to our thread. I think you are doing amazingly well if you had surgery on Thursday and are shopping today. Glad you have a friend who is helping out to. We have a great group of ladies here. We have had a big influx of new people so I am trying to remember all the new people. Please post anytime. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Greta, I have prayed for you as you geared up for your first chemo. It sounds like you are doing pretty well and glad that some of the ladies have given you some input. We will continue to pray for you as you go through this journey.

123 JustMe, I have been praying for your surgery tomorrow and as I have mentioned it a few times that your surgery is coming tomorrow I am sure others have been praying for you as well. Praying that it will be a very successful surgery with no lymph node involvement, clean margins and that your surgeon gets all of cancer. Praying also for pain control. Hopefully at this time tomorrow you will be through the surgery and hopefully resting comfortably at home.

Lucy, continued prayers that any SE's you experience will be completely manageable. Thanks for all the cute banners. Yes short hair is sexy. LOL

Jean, praying that you will be able to stay on your infusions with no issues with the heart. PTL on your good mammo.

Kathy, you grew up just about a half hour from where I live now. I've been praying for your son's marriage.

Evie, glad you got it all straightened out with the stats showing up. Not sure what part of WI you are in but a picture of a roaming lion or whatever has been all over our news with a video of this very large wild cat walking through a neighborhood in Milwaukee. We have sightings of wild cats in the suburbs but certainly nothing I have ever seen. I do see coyotes but no big cats other than my house cat. Smile

Lynn, praying that you are feeling better from your last chemo.

Kath, sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends. Prays for you always.

Joanne, continued prayers for you as you go through this difficult journey.

I have not listed everyone today but you are being prayed for.

Thank you all for your nice comments on my pictures. I only post my photos occasionally and will not be a pain I promise. I had a date with my broom and my garage today but unfortunately didn't get nearly as much done as a neighbor came over and talked and talked and talked. She is playing with fire with this teenage boy who already has been introduced to many of our local police officers. I am asking for prayers of protection for her and our whole neighborhood. This boy lives right around the corner.

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited July 2015

Gretagirl, The nausea meds you get in the bags last for at least 2 days. So, you may not need Zofran right away. These meds will make you very constipated, so be sure you take a good laxitive. I took PeriColase and it worked well. If you are just starting chemo, I suggest you find the May Chemo thread for a lot of information. I started in May. I assume there is a July Chemo thread too. You might want to check it out. There are a lot of things to help with side effects. I had many, and am thankful my chemo treatments are over and I can start to recover. I will pray for you as you go through this.

Also reading other posts and sending up prayers for all.