thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited June 2018

106 degrees driving back home from Yosemite. Doesn't usually get that hot this early in the summer.

Picture taken in the lobby of the lodge/resort we stayed at.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited June 2018

Ade and Lita, I can't imagine that kind of heat. I would be melted on the ground!

Ade, thanks for your prayers. Praying for good test results for you. Love that pic even though it made me a bit tipsy.LOL It is hard to imagine anything growing in that heat but obviously you have trees and plants to prove it.

Joanne, thanks for your prayers. Praying healing into that arm!

Lita, glad you had some get away time. Good for the soul.

Can you hear the music as you read?

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited June 2018

Jo-5, I am praying showers of healing over your arm. I react strongly to any bite, but can only imagine how difficult this is for you.

Lita, glad you enjoyed Yosemite. Yosemite is my favorite place on this earth. We camped there 16 years in a row when I was a child, but I haven't been back in many years. We are discussing going next summer.

NeverForsaken, beautiful flowers; thank you for sharing. That is what I miss the most living in a condo. My balcony is a bit small but I need to try harder. Perhaps when I return from vacation. I live in So Cal so we have flowers year round. There are many beautiful flowers in houses all around where I live, but I do enjoy planting and enjoying my own.

Today is a bit rough, so I didn't make church either, but I will be fine. Trying to feel better for our annual condo Bar B Que later this afternoon. The good news is that it is close! Happy

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited June 2018

Welcome, Cindy..I can remember the early days after my first diagnosis..Things are going to go very quickly the first several weeks, and then everything will eventually slow down to a regular routine and you will fall into a new kind of normal flow as you continue through surgery, recovery, and treatment (if necessary). You are certainly welcome to post on here anytime! There is a wealth of support and shared experiences on this forum. As you can probably see, many of our ladies are dealing with multiple issues besides breast cancer..Life is sure full of many trials, but when we come through each one with God's help and extra grace..well, our Lord just gets stronger and more powerful in our lives as he carries us through..and this grows our faith.

Jo, I'm so glad you are negative for clots, but I am sad that you are still suffering so. My prayer is for your total healing and relief from this ailment..In the name of Jesus I bind the enemy and ask the Lord to send the right medication for the healing of your body, and strength for your immune system to fight whatever is going on in your body!~Amen~

I know how weird it is to be grateful that it's "just arthritis"..That is what we hope is going on with my T1 and T2 vertebrae since the first PET scan showed a suspicious, but non-descript area light up and the final report said it was "likely arthritis".

Nancy, I pray that all will go well with the procedure and that the Lord grant you peace in these days before.

Ade, I'm so glad that James enjoys the garden..I pray that he has no more bad headaches so that you can both have some needed peace in your lives again! I'm also praying that the scans were correct and you are disease free.

Intolight, I pray that you get to go to your beloved Yosemite again soon! I hope you enjoyed the BBQ.

Lita, You look so cute sitting there on that bear with your sweet pup! You look like you were having fun too!

I hope I didn't leave anyone out tonight as I read through and pray for each.

May God sing over you as you sleep tonight, and bless each one with a special peace and joy tomorrow..May you feel God's love from the top of your head to the tips of your toes as you awake in the morning, dear sisters!

~Good Night and God bless~

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited June 2018

Trusting Your Word

Heavenly Father,

The final piece of Your Spiritual armor I learn about is the

sword or the Spirit---which is Your Word, The Bible. I read 

that the swords of the soldiers used during the Bible times were

short and daggers with two edges. You are my help during spiritual

battles everyday, with all I am facing. And when I claim Your 

powerful Word as I fight. When I was tired and think I couldn't  face

another hour, You brought to mind, " The joy of the Lord is my 

strength" ( Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV), When I was tempted to be careless

in word or fear, You helped me recall, " Love the Lord Your God with

all your heart, with all your soul, and all your strength and with all your

mind"( Luke 10:27) When my patience was tired, I remembered, Love 

Your neighbor as yourself, (Luke 10:27 NIV) When dangerous things

come my way, I whispered, " The angel of the Lord encamps all around

those that fear Him, and delivers them. ( Psalm 34:7 NKJV) When I walk 

through dark hours of discouragement, You remind me, Your Word is a

lamp into my feet and a light unto my path. ( Psalm 119:105 NKJV)

Thank You Father for Your protecting Word. In Your name I pray. Amen

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2018

Heavenly Father, Please be with all the wonderful people

here and bless them with Your comforting love. Be with

all those that are fighting health challenges, may they feel 

You all You guide the doctor and know You are the Greatest

One. Be with those in pain or needing Your guide through any

tunnel of darkness they are facing, for You are the Light of the

World.  ( Thus says the Lord to you, Fear not, and be not dismayed

at the multitude; for the battle is not your but God's.   2 Chronicles 

20:15 RSV)  Thank You for all You are doing and have done to help

and carry them through and whatever need they are facing, I lift

it to You, In Jesus name. Amen

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2018

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone has a good week of restoration and healing. I don't post as often as I used to when in active treatment but I do pray as I read all your posts. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2018

Thanks again for your prayers.

Debbie, loved your post. I know you are going through alot and praying God will be your strength and your source in all of your battles.

Joanne, continued prayers for healing of that arm!!!

I will not be posting for a few days.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2018

Lord, Why did You have the patience to keep calling me?

No matter how far I ran, You gave me another chance--and

another --to receive You?

My dear child, I love you with an everlasting love. You are

dearer to Me than you can imagine. I am the Good Sherperd.

You are My sheep, When you are lost, I follow you like a sheep

gone astray. I didn't give up until you were safely in My fold.

Do You really know me?

I understand you better than anyone. I see when you sit and rise.

I perceive your joys, your concerns, and everything you think. I

knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb. I am even

awrae of how many hairs on your head.

Will You always be with me?

No matter how high you ascend into the sky, no matter how deep

you descend into the seas, I am here. And shall lead you.

Will You love me through the good and the bad times?

Nothing can separate you from My love. No tribulations, persecution,

or famine---none of these can keep My love from you. Death or life

evil cannot. The angel will not, Be certain you are My child, Whom I 

adore.

Thank You Father, for another chance to follow and love You more!

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2018

Hi girls 🤗

I got my surgery date on Thursday. My daughter had her baby Friday night. After a difficult pregnancy the poor thing went through 36 hours of labor, pushing for 3 hours. My grandson is beautiful through. Planning to tell her, her older sister and my son in laws about my diagnosis this weekend. Also my 80 year old dad.I waited because i wanted to know as many details as possible beforehand to avoid them having to wait with me. Im thankful that my daughter will be settled in for a good week with the new baby by

then also. Please pray with me that Gods peace will fall during our conversations. I dont want to see my girls cry. Thank you!

• intolight
    edited June 2018

Cindy, I am praying for you and your precious family. Congratulations on the new grandson.

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited June 2018

As the sun sets over our mountains I pray you all have a blessed, peaceful healing rest tonight.

Love,

Ade

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2018

Heavenly Father, Please be with all the wonderful people here, and

bless those that are new and afraid. May they feel Your comforting 

love around them. Bless those that are going through challenges and

need Your guidance, as they love You, Lord so very much. Give peace

to those that are going through treatments or having tests, that they will

remember "You will never leave them nor forsake them". Thank You for

all You are doing and have done to make this wonderful family of love here.

You always know their every need, Lord, We praise and love You soooooooooooooo.

In Jesus name. Amen

• ade
    edited June 2018

Thank you Debbie, beautiful and much needed prayer.

Nancy we're praying for you as you prep for your test. May it go well with you with GOOD results to His glory.

Cindy I know how hard it is to tell loved ones the "news". My poor daughter is distraught that I don't have test results yet from a week ago to see if my cancer has mets. May the Lord grant you and your family His peace in the midst of the storm. Congratulations on the newest blessing.

James hasn't had a fever since his heart attacks last July (for which we give thanks) - but he has one now.

Praying for you all and sending my love,

Ade

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2018

Heavenly Father, Please be with all those that are going through

tests or needing help through the challenge they are facing. May

they feel Your loving arms as You carry them. Please bless and 

give your comforting love to all those that are hurting or just need

You to help them through the chemo or treatment they are facing.

Please guide those that are new and going through surgery like

Cindy or other we do not know of. That Your hand will guide the

hand of the surgeon. May we remember to put on our armor of Faith

and stay strong in You. Thank You for this wonderful group and the

loving people here, that love You so very much. Amen

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2018

Hello dear ladies,

I have resumed normal life now!!! Thank you for your prayers. It was a picky and cumbersome prep that started days before my actual colonoscopy yesterday but my actual prep went really, really well. I have lots of them to compare to and this one was by far the best. I went into the procedure feeling pretty strong and at peace. My new gastro told me before hand that if things looked good I would not have to have another procedure for ten years. I have had many on a five year cycle since my first one had a pre cancerous polyp. They did have to remove a polyp this time (sigh) and I won't find out for ten days if it was precancerous. It was benign so I am thankful for that.

Stomach a little unsettled today after eating my normal breakfast but I guess that is to be expected.

Cindy, congratulations on your new grandson. I know the circumstances are bitter sweet for you and praying that you can have good communication with your family. I am glad you have a surgery date and we will be praying for you going into this.

Ade, praying for good results. Praying for James fever. So sorry this has resurfaced. Love your sunset pic.

Debbie, praying for you. I know this has not been an easy time for you. My spirit can sense that in your posts recently. Thank you for always lifting others up. We lift YOU up as well.

Joanne, I know this arm infection has been such a trial that seems unending. Continued prayers for complete healing.

Faith, praying for you that you will find some answers to your heart issues and praying your bathroom remodel will be well worth the hassle it is enduring it while it is happening.

Take care dear sisters.

My poor hydrangea that I planted a couple weeks ago does not look happy. Too water more or not.........that is the question. My new tree and rose bushes are looking good. Thank you Jesus for that.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2018

Heavenly Father, Thank You for all the caring people here and 

bless them with peacefulness and Your loving touch. Be with Cindy

and others here like Jo, that need your healing love to help, as You

know and care very much about everyone here. Be with those that are

new or just need Your guidance and strength, as You walk beside them

with kindness and caring heart. They love You so much and I know how 

You love to give them peaceful joy, As they feel Your Spirit, may they 

rest in Your arms of love. Thank you for helping Nancy through her test 

and her report on test so far, Praise You Lord.  Thank You for all You are

doing and have done. We love You Lord so much more each day. Amen

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2018

Dear ladies,

I am so very thankful today as I read the message from my doctor. The polyp they removed from my colon was not precancerous so that means I don't have to have another colonoscopy for ten years. I have had them every five years for the last 25 or so years so this is good news indeed. Can you see me smiling.HappyCan you hear my happy dance.Headphones Good thing you can't see it. LOL

This banner sums it all up for anything I could say.

Love you all dear sisters.

Nancy

• intolight
    edited June 2018

Nancy, doing the happy dance with you. Such good news. Yay!

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2018

Great news Nancy! 🤗

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited June 2018

A healthy colon is a happy colon!

This happy dance is for you, Nancy!

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2018

Praise The Lord!HeartI am so happy for you.

Heavenly Father, Thank You for all You are doing and

have done for this wonderful family here. Thank You for helping

Nancy to get a good report, We know You were right beside her

through it all. Be with Jo and Cindy through all they are facing,

as You carry them in Your arms of healing love. Bless all those

that are new or in need of Your comfort through a hard time, We

know You know every tear and every fear that everyone here is 

facing. Please give strength and comforting love to all those going

through treatment or surgery, as You guide the hands that are doing it.

Please help all those that are facing challenges, that they will know 

how You, Lord, will never leave them nor forsake them. Thank You

Lord for Your guidance and loving touch, You give us each day. And

may we share Your love with all that are in need here, We love You Lord 

and Thank You for loving us all. We are so grateful for the kindness and

love You give us all each day. We someday will Thank You and be able 

to Love and Worship You in Heaven, til then please guide us all. In Jesus name. Amen

• prairietwin2
    prairietwin2 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2018

HI everyone! Hope to get to know you in the weeks ahead

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2018

Nancy, so happy to hear your good news. I know how awful those tests can be. Everyone, I've been reading and praying for all of you and ask for your prayers also. Right now, I'm having heart issues and the cardiologist has me wearing a 30 day heart event monitor 24-7. So, I'm hooked up to four wires leading to a battery pack that I have to figure out out to carry around and still manage my daily life and sleep along with this never ending remodel. I don't what to pray for, I don't want them to find anything serious but I'm tired of the symptoms I've been having. I know so many of you have lots going on also and I just pray we can all find some peace of mind and good health. I am truly grateful for all of God's blessings and comfort in the midst of our trials. We are so fortunate He is always here for us.

Sending love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2018

Prairie, nice to see you back. Don't be shy. Jump in and join us anytime.

Thank you all, ladies for your joining in on my praises and happy dance. LOL

I know Faith needs our prayers as do so many of you. Joanne, Ade, Debbie, Lita, Cindy and all of our stage four sisters who battle daily. Many have not spoken requests but need answered prayers as well.

Praying for all of our dear sisters this day and that the Lord would be your strong tower, your lighthouse guiding you through all of your personal storms that are raging.

We know the ending to our story and it is a great one. It is going through the middle that is the hard part. Allow Jesus to calm your storms and see you through.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2018

Welcome Prairie.

Praising the Lord with you Nancy!

Lifting Faith, Joanne, Nancy, Cindy, Debbie, Lita, Lisa, Ellen, Teka, Hershey, Chris, (and ALL of you not named) -up to the One Who loves, us in my prayers.

I have no strength - limp noodle me. James is on day 5 of fevers. Still no report on the test I had 10 days ago to determine if I have mets to the bones. But all that being said, the Lord is speaking to me in wonderful ways and I am drawn closer to Him than ever before ~*~ Praise His Name! For He is worthy of our praises no matter what. Blessings upon your weekend, Dear Sisters.

• Louise57
    Louise57 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2018

Hello,

I will begin praying for you. I just found this sub-forum. I am several weeks off hormone therapy because of disabling adverse effects, the worst and most terrifying is having no consolation from our Lord and wanting to be done with this life. The standard of care is obviously to be on some anti-estrogen regime, yet it is so scary what happens to my mind. My husband and I are praying about our choices. I would welcome your prayers as well.

Love,

Louise

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2018

Louise57,

Your post sounds like a loud cry for help. Lord, I pray for Louise and I know you care for her and love her more than any one on this earth. I pray that you would show yourself strong to her in this time of desperation. I pray that you would show Louise the direction she should go now. I pray that you would reach down and shower her with your comfort and strength in her time of need. I know there are some foods which can have properties similar to aromatase inhibitors and I pray that you would show her ways to help naturally. Help her to know that she is in a safe place on this thread with many strong believers who will pray for her and encourage her. In Jesus Name amen.

Ade, I am glad to hear that the Lord is drawing you near to Him in this time of trial that seems never ending. Continued prayers for both you and James.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2018

Louise I have been through what you are going through. There were only 3 aromatase inhibitors suitable for me and after trying them all I had to stop after only one year of 5 years prescribed. I had the thoughts that I was unloved by everyone, and even a bother to the Lord - terrible thoughts! I really wanted to die. But having been off of those drugs for a year and I started taking L-Theanine (after reading a post here - I think - some time ago) I am mentally me again. The L-Theanine is a natural thing that helps restore calm and well being and it really does work for me. I pray the Lord will wrap His loving arms around you and grant you His peace, wisdom, comfort, and that you will feel His love in a great way and know your worth to Him as His Beloved daughter. Dig into the scriptures and He WILL speak comfort to your heart. Tell Him your feelings - He desires this closeness with you. When you can't put it into words just whisper His Name in a simple, "Jesus help me". You will have my prayers dear sister and if you want to contact me or feel you need those "right now" prayers do please contact me. Alpine.Ade.Designs@hotmail.com You will get through this. He is faithful and His lovingkindness endures forever. Sending you my love and a big hug - Adrienne

• intolight
    edited June 2018

Louise, I pray God showers you with comfort. You are loved right where you are. Though we limp through this dark valley we can cling to the promise of abiding in the shelter of His wings. May God's blessings flow abundantly over you today.

Chris