thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2018

Thank you all for the great birthday wishes. My birthday is today. When I arrived last evening I found out all the phones in my Mom's house were dead. I did get to grab a salad and take it over for a short visit before they locked up the doors. She is at a very long beauty shop apt now and we will go out to eat when she is finished.

My tree that I brought home from kindergarten which is still living in my Mom's backyard of her house she left looks like it got hit by lightning. The bark got zapped off from the ground way up the tree. Pretty scary stuff. I have a feeling it knocked out my Mom's phones so I have spent most of the day dealing with ..................... I won't name the company but you have all heard of it. Trying to get through to them is worse than trying to call the White House. LOL

So things will get better. After doing all they recommended I realized that if they don't send someone out to fix it I will have to strangle someone and then tell them God loves you. LOL They can't come until Tuesday.

I do really appreciate all of your good wishes.

Cindy, it is great to hear from you. I am sorry to hear your daughter is going through such a tough time. Praying she will improve very soon. Is your son teaching music now? I remember praying for him a couple years ago. It sounds like you are very busy with a new house and new job. The Lord brought you to my mind recently and I was wondering what you were up to. Now here you are posting. Hope you are doing well in your new position and new house.

Welcome Mystical.

As I was driving to my Mom's I thought I am going to treat my birthday as many treat January 1. I am hoping this will be the best year ever and that it will feel like a fresh start. Cammie has used the litter box at my Mom's house. She always does here. She did use her box the day I left my home and that was a REAL answer to prayer.

Have a great weekend. Joanne, thanks for the banners. All of them. The ones mentioning we are in a battle I really could feel today and these past few weeks.............but we know we are on the winning side! No weapon formed against me shall prosper!!!! Praying your arm improves so much you will NOT need that MRI.

Take care dear sisters. Internet was down earlier today so I have no idea what is going to happen but will post when I can while here.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2018

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2018

Happy Birthday Nancy. I pray God blesses you with many more

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Hershey, thanks for your pretty birthday banner. Love those tulips.

Thanks, Chris. Hope you are enjoying time with family and breathing easier.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2018

Happy Birthday Nancy!!!! Sending lots of love to you from Texas. Heart

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2018

Happy Birthday Nancy. Hope this year is a great one. Love, Jean

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited August 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY! 🎂image

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

G, it is GREAT to hear from you. How are you doing? The family? I hope you are feeling 100% now. Thank you for the lovely banner. I love those roses. I imagine you are gearing up for another school year with possibly new curriculums. Have a great school year.

Thanks Jean. I hope Valentina grows up to be a mighty woman of God.

Cindy, thank you for the pretty banner and believing He will do just that. Let us know how your Oncotype test turns out.

Today is turning out to be a much less challenging day than my birthday yesterday. The phone company called me and said my ticket repair order came up randomly. (I attribute that randomness to God). The phone lines are now working which is the good news. Lightning was the probably cause that fried the wiring. So that is the good news. The bad is that the phones that I actually use are both fried and I have to buy a new one. Hopefully I can connect without any issue once I get one.

Thank you all again for all of your lovely wishes. You all have made a stressful time much more joyful.

My mom had really connected with one of her table mates in the dining room. This lady died in her sleep a few days ago and my Mom is of course upset about this. She was possibly acting out last night when we went out to eat because I felt like we had turned back the clock to when my mom first moved into this facility. I am praying this is only a temporary setback.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2018

Thanks Nancy. Yes, school is getting ready to start back in full time mode once again. We keep the children still doing some school in the summer too. It’s so hot here that while they are inside they need to keep their minds sharp so we do lots of reading, assignments through on line classes, library time etc.

I will continue to keep you and your dear mom in my prayers. I don’t post much but I try to keep up with everyone’s posts and prayer requests. This is a very special Forum and I’m grateful that we have it.

May each of you have a very blessed week as we wait in expectation for all the great things the Lord has in store of us. Our days are a gift and I know each of us are thankful for every single one.

Blessings pink sisters.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2018

Good morning friends, it seems like all I do is come here to ask for help with one thing or another. I really feel like the devil is trying to wear me down. On Friday morning I woke up with a terrible case of hives that got worse on Saturday even after taking benedryl, so I went to the Urgent care center. They gave me an infusion of prednisone and a couple of other things and finally things are improving but it's not been very fun. The itching has been awful, waking me up at night. I think it may have been from a "natural supplement " that I took for heartburn but I'm not sure. My body just seems to be rebelling against everything! So once again I ask for your prayers as I'm just worn down.

I do continue to read and pray for all of you and echo all the beautiful banners and good wishes for Nancy's birthday. I hope the rest of your visit with your mother goes well.

Thank you all for your prayers, I doubt if I could manage without them.

Sending love and prayers to all of you too.

Faith ( in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

G, I can't imagine the TX heat. My sister and I do our one thing annually that is just us spending time together and that is attending some outdoor Christian concerts that I usually schedule my visits around this time of year. It was so hot and humid last night I about croaked. I would not do well in TX I am afraid but during winter I would like it. I am always amazed at all that you do and I know your children will be forever grateful for all the countless hours you have spent home schooling them. As I am out in the stores it is obvious that there is a fever pitch of parents finding school supplies with their children. I cannot believe that we are in August already.

Thank you for your prayers. I pray that your start of another school year (or continuation) is a great year. God bless you and your family.

Faith, I can so identify with your battle as I have felt most of my summer has been that as well. The only time I ever had hives is my very first teaching position and the previous person I was following left me nothing and I had six schools stretched out in three towns to organize with nothing to go on. I was under tremendous pressure. I wonder if yours is from all the stress you have been under too. I don't remember what I did for it but I remember the terrible itching. Your poor thing. It is just one battle after another. I will certainly pray that these hives and all the itching will be GONE NOW!

I am going to post a photo I took before leaving for my Mom's. It hopefully will brighten your day.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2018

Faith - praying the Lord relieves those hives VERY quickly!

Just a praise here to the Lord as you can see your prayers for James are being answered. Thank you all!

Ade

• intolight
    edited August 2018

Faith, sending prayers God touches and heals your hives quickly.

Nancy, I am with you on the heat. Just driving through the heat in AZ at 113* about did me in. When I returned to San Diego last night, it was 88*. That is hot for us, with more heat in the 90s on the way.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Ade, so glad to see James on his tractor. I am sure that really makes you feel good when you see him outside and doing things knowing he is much better. Praying it will stay this way.

Chris, I am glad you made it safely home. I hope you made lots of new memories with your family.

Take care dear sisters. I am on a fast tract today.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited August 2018

Dear friends, thank you so much for your prayers. I feel I have turned the corner in many ways. My hives are getting better but I had a few more pop up today. I'm still not sleeping well and feel I've been depressed and have awful heartburn but I decided today that I'm done with not feeling good and took a mild zanax which seemed to help along with all your prayers. I know this battle is not over but I feel stronger and more able to cope. Praise God for answered prayers and thanking Him for lovely friends who pray along with me.

I pray for all of you every night and thank you all again for your prayers.

Sending love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Joanne, praying for your upcoming MRI and that they will figure out a way to position you that will not cause you great discomfort. Praying you will get some answers so the unknown will not be hanging over your head for much longer. I know it has been a VERY long trial for you.

Faith, I am so glad that you feel like you have turned a corner. Insomnia can definitely mess with your emotional well being. I pray that the hives will completely disappear and that in general your circumstances will improve greatly so that you can start feeling yourself again.

I love the scripture on this banner. Imagining God is our shield when we put our trust in Him is very comforting. I used to have pet rabbits for many years. Only one rabbit at a time though! I couldn't resist posting this one.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

God's creations continually amaze me. I took these pics in my Mom's yard two days apart.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2018

Joanne...

Do you get a REACTION from the MRI contrast?

I always do, and I don't like it, because it makes me feel really weird, but it's a necessary evil. (Scared the crap out of me the first time I had it - thought I was either going to pass out or have a heart attack.)

They told me to take an antihistamine an hour before the test. I usually take a Zyrtec or a Benadryl. Take whatever is the strongest and works for you. I have another brain coming up next month. I HATE the clank, clank, clanking noise. The earplugs don't work that well, but they're better than nothing.

L

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Joanne, praying for you for today and praying you will get through this MRI with no problems. Praying for good news and hopefully some answers to what has been going on.

Lita, praying for your brain scan coming up next month.

• ade
    edited August 2018

Joanne - praying for you right now!

Love to all -

Ade

• ade
    edited August 2018

(Nancy - your pix are exquisite!!! Glad gave you a good eye and a steady hand!)

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2018

Joanne, I pray that the MRI went well today and you are at home resting comfortably. Praying that everything is normal on the imaging.

• intolight
    edited August 2018

Joanne, I prayed for you today and hope your MRI went smoothly. Rest now and I trust your results will be favorable.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Joanne, I am glad this is over for you and will certainly be praying for a good night's sleep and for good results.

Ade, thank you. That second pic was with a tripod as I had to get down really low to get the underside which was the neat part. The mower came today so no more interesting little figures popping up in my Mom's yard. I had actually never seen them do this before when I have been here so it made for some fun subjects to photograph. I forgot to say this is the very same mushroom that morphed into something totally different in two days. I didn't have time to get to the nature center this visit which I had hoped for but that is alright.

Debbie (Footprintsangel ) could use your prayers.

I am returning to my house tomorrow and I saw my Mom for the last time tonight. When I look back at all God has done and His perfect timing I am so grateful. She has been in this facility for 7 months and has adjusted far better than I would have ever imagined. God is good.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited August 2018

Joanne, you are in my prayers that all is benign and whatever this is just goes away soon. You've been dealing with this much too long.

Prayers for all your needs tonight. Sleep well friends.

Sending love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2018

Sorry ladies - I have been praying for all of you! I am a few pages behind but will try to catch up when I get back from Rwanda. I leave Monday for my missions trip. Satan has been attacking, trying to stop me from going. I know the Lord wants me to go, so I trust that all will be well once I get there. I will bring back pictures to share. I won't have internet much where I am going, so know I am safe.. Love you all and cyberhugs to you!

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited August 2018

Hello ladies 🤗

I found out on Wednesday that I will be getting chemo. Not what i was hoping but I trust God knows whats best. Im a little scared but if so many others got through, i know i can. My husband is willing to help me with doing cold caps so for that im grateful.

You are all in my prayers.

Cindy ❤

• ade
    edited August 2018

Joanne, be assured the Lord DOES know what it is and He is able to heal it no matter what.

I pray for His peace to wash over you and His healing power to work mightily in your arm and I pray these things in our Lord, Jesus' precious Name.

Fear not, for He is with you.

Ade

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited August 2018

Beauty Beyond the Storm

Gray marbled clouds hovering,

Thundering loud and strong...

Worry , Despair and doubts abound

In the midst of a raging storm!

Then suddenly, clear out of the blue

A ray of sunshine beams