thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2018

Good morning dear ladies,

I am safely at home now.

Debbie, I am praying for you and I am glad to see your comforting post which I hope Joanne can hang on to.

Joanne, when one has endured a very long trial and when the doctors are really unable to pinpoint the problem it can leave us feeling helpless and alone and disappointed in our medical team. We both have proved that we have reactions to things that baffle all the doctors involved. When someone doesn't fall into the norm category but is highly sensitive to things that most are not it makes diagnosing and treating very challenging. You did say that the nurse didn't want to tell you anything to do regarding LE until talking with the doctor. That won't be that long away and you have waited this far so a couple more days will more than likely not be a factor. I can understand your anger and your disappointment. I believe God filters everything that happens to us. He is right there by your side and understands every single thing you are experiencing. Trust Him to lead you to the proper treatment. If things are slowly getting better then that is something. I will pray that you can find a good LE therapist. I know the one you had in the past was not working out well. You will get through this and you will be stronger for it. That is what I believe.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2018

Nancy, happy to hear you are safely home. I think travel of any kind is always stressful so I imagine you are grateful to be home. I hope it was a good trip for you.

Joanne, I'm so sorry they didn't find any answers to your arm problem but at least you can take comfort in knowing it doesn't appear to be cancer. I believe that when we have been treated for cancer, our whole chemistry changes and our body reacts to things differently than before. That seems to be the case with me right now. Our bodies have been shocked by these treatments and it's compromised our immune systems. I'm not sure we ever fully recover from everything.

Sending prayers that you find a LE therapist. Also praying for everyone here and the people dealing with the wildfires in CA. It occurred to me today that there are probably people with MBC and lots of other health problems that now have to deal with these fires. It's all just awful. I just keep repeating "Jesus I trust in You". It brings me some peace.

Sending love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited August 2018

Joanne, I just led my granddaughter to the Lord a year ago..so that may very well be your mission for this time. I also know that with all the pain and suffering we must endure here on earth it is by example that loved ones learn how to cope with whatever may come their way not only now but after we are gone. i am so glad it was not cancer! Keeping you in prayer for solid answers and help to resolve this.

I was not online much this week because after my Herceptin/Perjeta infusion on Monday I had a bad headache and felt very tired so stayed in bed all day Tuesday. I felt better by Wednesday but then overdid it, so was in pain all that night through Thursday..then I overdid it Friday again. Today is the first day I feel good enough to sit at the computer.

I am fighting the scanxiety already before my PET on the 21st! Here's a cute distraction for us:

Little Oliver seems to have a monkey on his back! lol

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Thank you Faith. It usually takes me a few days to adjust to being home and back in my routine. Did you get your bathroom all finished yet with the painting?

Joanne, that phrase nothing concerning is a great thing even though I know you don't like the way they put it. Hopefully when you talk to your doctor he will be able to shed some light on things. I am glad your new doctor is a believer in LE therapy. That will be a new a great change for you even though I know you love your doctor you have now.

Lisa, I feel like I have a monkey on my back. Maybe it traveled to your house. LOL How is Oliver adjusting to his new home. He is a sweety. I didn't realize you are HER+. Praying you feel much better and that your PET scan on the 21st will be a good news.

Lita, praying you are doing okay and staying safe from all the CA fires.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Cindy, we will all be praying for you as you do your chemo treatments. I know this is probably not the news you had hoped for but these test you took are so valuable to assist your MO in going forward with appropriate treatments. Let us know when you will begin these treatments.

Love

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited August 2018

The Dawning of Day

The dawning of day

Shall bring the good light,

So welcome after

A long weary night.

It comes not at once,

But gradually,

Just like the healing

That God gives to us.

My heart finds peace in

His kind, gentle ways,

Restoring us , like

The dawning of the day.

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    edited August 2018

I love this and thought it would be perfect to share. I have been following along for a few weeks now. Pure Christian love and support is such a beautiful sight! image

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Maybe a few snowflakes will make us feel cooler! Catch you all later. Running late for church.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2018

Jo, your words that you will never be "normal" or pain free again resonated strongly with me. I try to remain positive and grateful for what I have but lately have been feeling discouraged, down and weepy. I seem to have very little energy and lots of low grade pain. I need naps in the afternoon just to keep going and spend much of my time with exercise and doctor appointments. My yearly mamo at Sloan-Kettering is this Thursday. Prayers from you ladies would be much appreciated. Glad you are home safely Nancy. Cindy we will be there for you as you go through chemo. I found the other boards with ladies starting chemo at the same time as me to be helpful as well. Hope all here have a blessed week. Love, Jean

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2018

Cancer ages you ten to twenty years.

We will NEVER be the same. I have cherry hemangiomas (little red dots) breaking out all over my body now because of low platelets. Just another thing to contend with. They don't hurt, but one of the oncology nurses commented on it, saying she hadn't seen that many on a person (like me) in a long time.

But at least I'm still here.

L

• ohio4me
    ohio4me Member Posts: 323
    edited August 2018

Jo-5

Wow - that song is perfect. I found that peace that passes understanding during cancer treatment and it was wonderful. I don't really have anything to ask for myself my goal is to pray for each sibling, and their family, each day of the week. It's no coincidence that there are seven siblings and seven days in the week. That will cover 98 people. I even have a day to add friends and 'other' family.

Perfect reminder to just take time to thank God for His Love, His Care, His Grace, and the circle of family and friends He has given me.

Thanks.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Welcome Vargadoll. Please feel free to post here anytime.

Joanne, I loved Dottie Rambo. I loved watching her on the Gaither's Homecoming shows. Thanks for your banners. I need them today.

Welcome Ohio. Feel free to join us.

Debbie, thanks for your always encouraging posts. Please continue. You bless us so much. I pray for you always.

I have been bitterly discouraged when returning to my home. I would appreciate your prayers for wisdom and for peace.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2018

Nancy, you are in my daily prayers with extra today as you fight these additional battles.

Jo, I am also praying for an answer to your continual struggles with your arm and that God will provide the answer to you and your physicians soon.

Jean, it is always good to hear from you and I will add prayers for your mammo on Thursday.

Cindy, I have never had chemo but understand the fear and indecision. I don't know what I would choose when I get there...praying that God leads you all the way.

All, thank you for your positive banners and songs. Sometimes the aloneness feeling takes over more than the pain. I am facing a few weeks of infusions and scans so I am right there with you all. On top of it all, there are some spiritual battles going on with my DD and it weighs on my heart more than the cancer. I know the salvation of our kids is our prayer above all else.

Blessings on your day, Chris

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2018

His grace IS sufficient. Thanks Jo, I needed that reminder today!

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2018

Joanne, thank you for the Tuesday banner and the song. I believe they speak to all of us. I pray that this new therapist can help you see great improvement in your arm.

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so discouraged on your arrival home. I can only guess it has something to do with your beloved Cammie. I will pray for peace and wisdom for you.

Lita, Chris and Jean, you, and everyone here are always in my daily prayers. I could also use some prayers as I woke up again this morning with more hives. They don't seem as bad this time but I'm really at a loss to figure out what's causing this. I'm beginning to think it may be stress related. I'm having a CT scan of my chest and blood tests next week and I think I've got scanxiety big time. My MO suggested a scan to include the liver and I said I didn't want to do that and now, I'm worried that maybe I should have agreed to it. On the other hand if he was really concerned he probably would have ordered it anyway. I need prayers to help quell my anxiety. I did have good news this week as the cardiologist said I don't have an arrhythmia and they found nothing by my wearing the heart monitor for almost a month.

Our daughter and granddaughter will be here visiting this weekend as my granddaughter is starting her second year of college in Indiana (about 2hours from here). It's great to see them but it's always hectic. More stress? I don't know!

Love and prayers for all,

Faith ( in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

GMFoley, I pray that your mission trip to Rwanda goes well and that you will bless the children and in turn they will be a blessing to your team. I have never had the privilege to go on a missions trip and my church has them all the time. Every time I hear a report like we did this past Sunday from the people who went they all say it is life changing. I hope you experience that.

Faith, I sure am sorry to hear about your hives. I know having company is probably going to add to your stress but maybe it will be a pleasant distraction. You have my prayers. Yes, Cammie has got me down. I will explain sometime but not now.

Joanne, thanks for the banners. You are always in my prayers.

I am having a thyroid ultrasound tomorrow. If there is no more growth in the nodules they are watching I will be fine. Otherwise it will mean another biopsy. My last one I got sick during the procedure and my doctor never did get to completely finish even though I wanted to.

One thing I have said over and over again and have had to repeat to myself today over and over again is that our faith is not based on our feelings. Our feelings are fickle. However I have also noted that for me if I make myself think on things I am grateful for and thank God for as many things as I can possibly think of it really helps my down feelings to become more positive and hopeful. It IS most definitely a battle and you just have to make yourself do this no matter how awful you feel.

Paul in the 4th chapter of Philippians says this:

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Have a good evening dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Joanne, I saw your words on an email but not your banner after I already picked one out. So today we have two Wed blessings. We can never have too many blessings for sure.

Amen to all of them and the Through it All is so comforting.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Amen Joanne.

My ultrasound I had yesterday was good news. I don't have to repeat for 2-3 yrs now. Praise God.

Love,

Nancy

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited August 2018

Great news Joanne! God is good 🤗

Cindy

• footprintsangel
    edited August 2018

The Dawning of Day

The Dawning of day

Shall bring the good light.

So welcome after

The long weary night.

It comes not once,

But gradually,

Just like the healing

That God gives to me.

My heart finds peace in

His kind and gentle ways,

Restoring me, like

The dawning of the day.

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2018

Amen to yesterday's banners. Thank you Jo and Nancy. I had my mamo with contrast yesterday and thank you Jesus and all who prayed. It was negative! Jo, I did have a headache overnight. Better now. My hubby had a laser procedure on his left eye this week. Again praise Jesus, he can now see clearly. Our foster son and his wife who live in Oregon will be visiting us,for the last week in August. I am trying not to stress over it. My house is not in great order but it is what it us. They are coming to see us, not house beautiful. Hope everyone has a blessed day and weekend. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Debbie, your poem has hit the mark with me today. Today did bring light to me and a small breakthrough. Thank you.

Jean, congratulations on good news. Praying the laser procedure on DH's eye will be easy, quick and helpful.

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    edited August 2018

Great news, Joanne you found a good therapist so close! I love it when God answers prayers in such a specific way!

And you must be so relieved Nancy not to have to worry about doing another Ultrasound for a couple years!

Debbie, i read your poem, and although today is quite gloomy outside..I am reminded of the light that shines always in my spirit..and the one who renews me day by day.

I went to my ladies Bible study yesterday and then spent some time with one of the elderly ladies when I took her to her eye doctor appt. afterwards..This is the second time I took her and we always have such fun..I pray I can continue to do this.

I keep wondering why I'm more nervous about this PET scan than the last two, and all I can come up with is that because the last one was clear/ NED, I have my hopes up more now than I did before. I know whatever is the outcome that my Lord has a plan for me and that he will equip me for whatever he has planned.

Lita, I read your comment about cancer aging a person ten to twenty years..This is so true! I look at pictures of me before the first cancer back in 2013, and then again just since last summer (before the MBC dx) and I hardly recognize myself now! And to top that off, I certainly do feel more like a seventy three year old than a fifty three year old these days. I suppose on a good day I feel only 63!

Loopy

• footprintsangel
    edited August 2018

In His Time

Did you know that He carries you?

You are one of His lambs.

And He comforts and guides you

By His strong loving hands.

He never grows weary

And won't turn you away.

He knows all your heartaches,

And gives grace for each day.

He has walked through the valleys

Of darkness with you.

Have you given Him praise,

For the trials you've come through?

Then look up and give Him thanks,

He is working out His plan.

Even though your load seems heavy,

In time you'll understand.

• zjrosenthal
    edited August 2018

Hubby's eye procedure was succesful. He can now see clearly out of both eyes. He can drive safely which helps me too. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Amen Debbie. You are hitting the mark for where I am now. Praise God. I will be praying for you for your test on Monday.

Lisa, glad you are able to encourage and help others. That is the best medicine for our own emotional well being too. Everything in God's kingdom is totally reversed from the world's view. When is your next PET scan? We will be praying.

Joanne, I pray that this new LE therapist will be the person God uses to end this nightmare that you have had all summer.

Jean, that is a GREAT answer to pray for your DH.

Ade, how are you and James doing?

Faith, how are your hives?

I attended a fabulous outdoor Christian concert last night. The streets flooded on the way there with such a downpour I could hardly see but I just really felt it was going to miraculously clear off and it did. If you have a chance to hear Jasmine Murray or Micah Tyler it is worth it. They are new and upcoming artists. It was like two separate concerts and each had their own dynamic story of how God has seen them and is seeing them through much heartache and challenge.

More pluses today with Cammie!

Love,

Cammie

• NeverForsaken
    edited August 2018

Thanks, Nancy..It is early Tuesday morning (the 21st).

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2018

Praise the Lord for miracles great and small!

Jean, I'm so happy that your husband's surgery was a success.

Joanne, you are in my prayers that this new LE therapist is skilled, compassionate, and thorough. I hope that she is able to get to the bottom of this issue. You've endured so much this summer. I'm glad that she is in your neighborhood, too.

Nancy, the outdoor concert sounds wonderful and I'm happy that you safely made it there. And Yay Cammie, keep up the good work!

Lisa, praying for excellent results on Tuesday.

Faith, I hope that your hives have resolved. Itchy skin is no fun at all.

My LE is s-l-o-w-l-y reducing. I read somewhere that Stage 0 and Stage 1 LE can spontaneously resolve. Well, that's not me. But I will take any reduction, slow or otherwise. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Blessings to everyone.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Good morning dear ladies of faith.

It has been one of the most stressful and wonderful weeks all rolled into one. Through my awful Cammie situation He has been so faithful through it all. One the days I didn't think I could take one more day He would give me hope and encouragement. Today was and yesterday was a big victory. It is forcing me to trust in Him more than ever before and that is a good thing.

Lisa, praying for your PET scan on the 21st.

Hershey, I am glad you are seeing some improvement in your LE. I know God has told me many, many time to trust Him. Lately I have been hearing be patient and wait and see what I am about to do. I pray that He will help you in the daily struggle and it will allow your relationship with the Lord to grow more intimate.

Faith, praying you are able to handle company coming in and praying your hives will disappear for good!

Pray for Debbie (Foots) as she has some tests on Monday.

Joanne, continued prayers for a great experience with this new LE therapist which God has placed in your area.

Ade, how are you doing? Praying for you and concerned with not hearing anything for a while.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2018

James and I have been busier than a one armed wallpaper hanger with the hives! (Sorry about the hives thing, Faith - it was my grandfather's saying.) I am praising the Lord for every day that He gives us to do the work we need to do. It's a long story and I won't go into it but our garage was STILL FULL of STUFF from our Ohio move to TX and James is determined to make room for our son's (NON-working) Jeep in order to keep peace in his family. So James keeps bringing in box after box of MY stuff and I have the choice of throwing good stuff away - or selling it on my web-store. So - I have been listing it like crazy, and pitching much of it too. Most of it starts the bid at $1.00 and I am praying it will ALL sell soon.

I have been keeping up with all of your posts and continue to pray for each one of you.

Our friend Karen went through uterine cancer years ago, then this year another form came back at the same time as her hubby Dean was diagnosed with lung cancer and had half a lung removed. They were on chemo at the same time together! Well she is in remission and he - after a year of chemo - just got his port out this past week. Now he is in the hospital with lesions on his pancreas and it doesn't look good. They were unable to have children and all they have is one another and the Lord. They are a WONDERFUL brother & sister in Christ and I would ask you all to lift them both up to the Lord in prayer please. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I love you all and even when I can't post I am praying for you. The fervent effectual prayer of a righteous (in Christ) man (woman) availeth much!

Blessings upon your day, sisters,

Ade