thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2018
  • bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2018

Amen to that banner Ade. So true and yet not easy.

I am praying for Karen and Dean. In our human state it looks like a very sad story and it is but God knows what He is doing and has a plan. One of our young and very gifted preachers preached a message on just that. It really encouraged my heart.

I love your Grandfather's saying. It is amusing but I get the picture. Just glad to hear you are both okay but very, very busy.

Have a good night. Debbie praying for you for tomorrow.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited August 2018

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Ade, that is my favorite Christian band. I love that song. The part that says" your world is not falling apart it is falling into place" is such a concept and truth we can put our faith and trust in. Thanks for sharing that.

Love,
    Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited August 2018

More Then I Deserve

You knocked at my heart,

I invited You in.

With love You took over,

And removed every sin.

You took all my fears,

Replaced them with peace.

You gave me strong faith,

On my life a new lease.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Amen Debbie. Praying for a good report for you.

I think I just saw the Ark go by my house. I think we are getting a whole months worth of rain in two days. We needed the rain. My hummingbirds have been going crazy at the feeder yesterday so I am guessing they are powering up for their migration soon.

Cammie has done all of her business in her box for four days in a row. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am and how this has grown my faith. Having to trust God every single day and not knowing what mess I was going to wake up to has been a real test of faith but He was faithful. No matter how I felt and I was really down on many days I heard him keep saying trust me, trust me. Then I kept hearing be patient, be patient. I am left with a royal mess to figure out how to deal with but I know God will show me how and when to do it.

I know that this may seem trivial to many of you going through such difficult things and it the grand scheme of life I am sure it is but I have never been through such an ordeal as this before. It makes me realize how much I take for granted.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2018

Nancy, yay for the small things! One lesson I have learned through all of this is that God answers the smallest prayers in the midst of the biggest needs. I have learned to pray for those small prayers and then watch for answers. It has grown my faith and reminds me God cares for us all the time in all things. Praise His Name!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2018

Nancy, you are a warrior!

There is no way I could deal w/ a cat w/a mind of her own like that. #1: I CANNOT bend over anymore, so how would the messy, runny kitty poop get dealt with? #2: I can't kneel down on my hands and knees to blot up the pee and "crap" either. So, I'd either have to put the cat down, or surrender her to a rescue shelter. Neither option is a great one, sadly.

Keeping you in prayer,

L

• ade
    edited August 2018

Rejoicing with you Nancy and praying this good girl span is developing GOOD habits for this "backsliding" kitty! I think your amazing love and patience for her (through the frustrations, tears and all) are like an example of our Lord's patient tolerance for our own "badness" sometimes. (Only He has a LOT more patience and love than we can imagine!)

Since James' 2 heart attacks, open heart surgery & very narrow stent insertion one year ago he was SUPPOSED to be on an injectible medication as he is very allergic to statins. While awaiting the very difficult to attain approval he was told the office had LOTS of samples and that the nurse would bring them to the clinic an hour away from here rather than us drive the 3 hours up to the main office. We went and Nurse didn't come out but told the secretary that they were all out! He started to leave then turned around and asked what he was supposed to do now. Secretary went to nurse again and he was told she would mail them as soon as they came in. No meds were sent. This was 6 months ago. We went back today and told the cardiologist what happened when he asked why James was not on it. He was NOT happy! Nurse was called back into the exam room with us and she has no clue what happened and said she DID have the samples that day! she also said that James was approved back in FEBRUARY!!! She then called the pharmacy who said that he did not have a "special" account for this class 5 ($$$$) drug so tht's why they didn't send it to us - BUT FAILED TO COMMUNICATE THAT TO ANYONE!!! Nurse managed to get James ok'd over the phone and they SHOULD be mailing the meds soon. And here we go again - she is to meet us an hour away tomorrow at the satellite clinic to bring samples for until the meds arrive. we have been disappointed over and over as this drug thing has fallen through over and over again. Dare we hope again for tomorrow? Please pray that if this is God's will it will happen finally. James, I think has felt like he was doomed this whole year and now he hopes this will prolong his life (we pray he can tolerate it and that God will make it work for him). Thank you for praying with me. James and I have been together in marriage weathering these storms in life and rejoicing with the triumphs for over 46 years now. We came to the Lord together - and hope to go Home together someday.

Praying for you all with love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday. I was gone a good part of the day and then I put together this cat tree which took some time. The reviews that said it was easy to put together and it didn't take a long time made me feel stupid and slow, but I DID it. She likes it. I may have to rearrange my furniture as this is SOO big.

Maybe a setback today. Cammie was sick in the early morning and nothing in box today. I am hoping it will happen later.

Ade, praying that you will FINALLY get those meds for James. So many roadblocks and goof ups. I hope to hear good news from you about this soon.

Lita, I am probably the most tenacious person you will ever meet and when it comes to saving my cat I will do almost anything. I have read a ton of articles from cat behaviorist and am currently reading one book and have another to go. I am learning that most of this was not her fault. I have come a long way to realize that. In the end the goal is to have a much happier cat, a much happier me and that we will live together in harmony with faithful litter box habits. You are certainly a warrior and tenacious!

Lisa, praying your PET scan will produce good results.

Chris, yes this has grown and stretched my faith greatly. Have you recovered from your trip?

Joanne, praying that this LE therapist will work wonders for your arm. I know it has been a very long haul for you.

Take care dear ladies. Have a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited August 2018

Hello again friends, thank you all for thinking of me and praying for me, I really need the prayers. I just wrote a long post to explain it all but lost it so, I'm going to make this short. No energy to do it all over. Long story short, my hives became much worse so I went to the ER and then to the allergist who prescribed high doses of Prednisone, benedryl, Zyrtec and Zantac which is why I'm so exhausted. I see the allergist again tomorrow. I think they might be getting better but I'm afraid they will get worse like the last time when I thought they were gone. All the doctors I have seen seem shocked at how bad they are.

I also went to my MO so he could see them and he ordered more blood tests added to the ones I had scheduled for Friday. Some good news is my tumor markers are stable and the rest of the blood work was mostly ok according to my MO. However, I had to postpone my CT scan scheduled for today since they are afraid the contrast might make things worse. My MO wasn't too concerned about the delay so I won't worry either especially since the tumor markers are good.

In closing, I just want to tell you that although I've not been reading, I'm praying for everyone.

Sending love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• footprintsangel
    edited August 2018

That Is What I know

Few things are certain,

But I know beyond a doubt,

Faith in God is one thing

That I cannot live with out.

I don't know what each day holds,

Yet, the Lord is at my side,

And through prayer, I'm confident

What I need He shall provide.

Oh, others might let me down,

But God is steadfast and true;

He will take good care of me...

And do the same for You!  By Steven Schumacher

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Faith, what a time you have had. I am so sorry to hear that the hives got so bad you had to go to the ER. Praying all the cocktail of drugs you are on will knock this out of your system whatever is causing it. The good news on your blood work is great news but I know when you feel so miserable it is hard to feel anything good but you will get through this. We will be praying for you and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Debbie, right on the mark of my heart as usual. Thank you.

Ade, praying you got those meds for James yesterday.

Cindy, when are you starting chemo?

Have a good day dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited August 2018

Faith - praying they can find the cause of your hives soon! They are not only miserable but can be dangerous.

Debbie - AMEN! That piece reminds me of the worthy saying - "We know not what the future holds, but we know Who holds the future!" There's great comfort in that.

Joanne - praying the therapy will finally bring healing to your arm. That's been way to long for you too!

Nancy - Cammie should be on her little kitty knees thanking the Lord He gave her to YOU! Hope she was good when she finally went again! >^..^<

We got home from Ft. Stockton (an hour away) at five yesterday WITH THE SAMPLES of MEDICATION and were for some reason REALLY exhausted so slept until seven! At nine he took his first injection and had NO REACTION! Thank YOU LORD!!! With this one I think the worst is flu-like symptoms which may or may not go away over time. He is to take these every 2 weeks. The nurse (a year ago) told us we qualified for it free and she had applied for it twice. But when the pharmacy called to start sending it he said it would cost $375 a month in addition to what Medicare Part D will pay. He had not received any paperwork for the free medication. Nurse told us TWICE she had filed it, hmmmm! SO - when she returns from her vacation we will proceed to nag her until she submits the paperwork. Until then the pharmacy is on hold - but we have 2 months of samples to use so hopefully this WILL go through in time. Our doctor neighbor told James that he had been really concerned that James had gone a year with no medication and that this could mean more damage. James' cholesterol is the heredity kind, hard to treat, and his tiny stent could clog up easily and cause yet another maybe fatal this time heart attack. Praying these meds work and no harm was done in this year long delay. THANK YOU all for having prayed! He is more light hearted than I have seen him in a year.

Blessings upon you all ~

Ade

• ade
    edited August 2018

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Ade, when I read about James FINALLY getting the free samples I raised my arms up to the air and praised God. What a long time coming. Now praying that he will be able to get the meds from the pharmacy as promised and paperwork intact. It makes me smile hearing how this has taken such a load off of James. We don't understand God's timing but I do believe He is never late.

Yes, I have told Cammie on more than one occasion that she should so glad I am a Mom with much patience because I know most would have not put up with her. She has such a great personality and I have painted a very bad picture of her. She is like a special needs person who needs special allowances.

Love the banner. So appropriate for both of us.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited August 2018

God's Undying Love

Whenever You are sick or discouraged

And everything seems to go wrong;

Put your hand in the hand of the Savior,

The hands that are loving but strong.

He promised us "strength for the weary,"

He promised His ubdying love.

So if you think You can't take it anymore--

Turn your eyes to the Father above.

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Amen Debbie. He wants us to gaze on Him and not fret over our problems. It takes effort to rise above your feelings and look on Him but it does help tremendously. He will give you hope.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited August 2018

Hello Nancy and other beautiful ladies

I begin treatment on Monday. Yesterday was my last day at work until after the new year. I am a preschool teacher and dont want to risk being around those little germ magnets. My gracious hubby is going to help me with cold caps. Feeling a little anxious but Im grateful for so much helpful advice from those who have already been through it and the wonderful nurses.

🤗 Cindy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Hi Cindy,

I am glad you will be off work for a good amount of time. I am a retired teacher and I understand not wanting to be around little ones while you are in treatments. We will be praying for you as you begin on Monday. Praise God for a supportive husband!

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited August 2018

He'll See You Through

Draw near to God

He's waiting for you,

Trust in Him,

He'll see you through.

No matter the problem,

It be big or small,

He's our great God,

He can handle it all.

Don't hesitate and 

hold back your fear;

He'll never forsake you,

He's holding you near.

Just trust and obey,

That's all He wants from you;

Trust and obey,

He'll always see you through

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Joanne, I have had many talks with Jesus and it has grown my faith immensely through my Cammie ordeal.

Debbie, in my talks with Jesus he whispered to me many times just trust me. Then I heard be patient. Then I heard victory is near. Today I am claiming victory in my Cammie situation.

The enemy tried to fight hard in this battle with Cammie and yesterday I really thought I might have to be taking her to an ER vet today but praise God that is not the case.

My faith is strengthened for sure!

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2018

Praying for the trials and praising for the victories. Yay Cammie! My family from Oregon sprent the week with us and left this morning. Great to see them. It's been 5 yrs. We are both exhausted. Miss them but enjoying the quiet. Way too much eating out and running around. Church picnic this afternoon. More food. Yikes! I have a pain in my right hip and hoping it is just a pulled muscle, not an implant infection. How my mind always seems to go to worst case senario. Wish you all a blessed Sunday. Love, Jean

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2018

Nancy, I am so happy to hear Cammie is doing better. Praise God for the small victories!

Jean, it is so good to hear from you and that you enjoyed time spent with your family. Will pray for your hip pain.

Blessed Sabbath to all!

Chris

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited August 2018

Hi Cindy, I also have an infusion Monday (tomorrow)..I get Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks for the rest of my life or for as long as it continues to work..hopefully for the rest of my life. If I haven't given you any advice about chemo yet..here's the best advice that really helped me through ..Hydrate..hydrate and then hydrate some more..Yep, it's gonna be going in and coming out all day long. lol!..You will become a pro at maneuvering your IV in and out of the bathroom all through chemo day!

Also chew on ice chips to help prevent mouth sores..I am prone to getting mouth sores (cankers) all my life..and this really worked for me..the only time I ever had them was after my very first chemo (while I was in the hospital from low white count, or neutropenia )..and about ten days after the last round of chemo I had a mouth sore..And that brings me to another important habit to get into..every time you go into the bathroom, or whenever you think of it swish some baking soda and salt water around in your mouth and gargle if you can as well! I also invested in some good biotene toothpaste and mouth spray because chemo will dry your saliva! All this helps avoid mouth sores, and keeps your mouth clean as well. I hope the ice caps work for you, i never tried them.

My PET scan showed a spot on the upper right lung, but my RO believes this is not cancer but from the radiation as he says it lines up perfectly consistent with the area of targeted rad treatment there..also my cancer marker is nice and low so he is not too concerned but will keep an eye on it of course. That brings me to my next thought..Is't it great that even though we have all had to go through/are going through such a devastating cancer dx..we are being monitored very closely now and catch things usually before they get too far gone..I know many of us would not be here still if that were not the case because we always hear of people who have something they were unaware of and it kills them suddenly because they had no idea they were even sick or needed treatment! I am saying this right now because I just lost a dear friend Thursday after she was hospitalized after having a seizure..it was her heart and even though they put a stint in on Monday and were ready to send her home by Friday..the damage to the heart was too far gone and she relapsed Thursday.Everyone is asking what in the world happened, why did Rita die..but, of course as Christians we know very well that The Lord simply called her home.

Thank you for your prayers, dear sisters..and please know I always read and pray as I do for each one here also.Heart

• footprintsangel
    edited August 2018

Journey Through Life

Life is a journey--

All people partake--

One step at a time

With decisions to make.

We will have choices

For right or wrong

In the journey of life 

As we travel along.

Sometimes there's joy,

Sometimes there's strife;

Its part of the journey

We take through this life.

Our God has a plan;

It's truly His way.

God's Spirit will guide us

Each step ---every day.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited August 2018

Cindy, I was also very nervous about my first infusion. I pray all goes well with minimal side effects. As time goes on you will become a pro. I used to bring reading materials and even lunch to eat during the time in the chemo chair. My nurses were very helpful also. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Good morning dear sisters,

Jean, so glad you were able to have family in for a week. Now try to relax and not worry about your hip. It is probably as you say a strained muscle.

Chris, how are you doing?

Today we need special prayers for:

Joanne, as she sees her LE therapist today for the first time. Praying this person will really good and can help Joanne's arm with the swelling and redness that has been going on all summer.

Cindy, as she has her first chemo treatment today.

Lisa, as she has her H/P infusion today. Praising God for your PET scan results your tumor marker results. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Yes, we are fortunate to have had all those scans to find things. That is how they found out I had large nodules in my thyroid that need scanning now to watch and wait.

Debbie, as she waits for results on a biopsy.

Faith, as she deals with a very bad case of hives.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy