thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited August 2018

Praying for you all today - for God's peace and healing, and that He will use us all for His glory no matter what.

Hugs all around,

Ade

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited August 2018

Hold My Hand

Oh, hold my hand, dear Savior,

When heartache comes my way.

For when I have Thee near me,

There dawns a brighter day.

When Shadows cross the sky,

For when I'm close beside Thee,

My thirst is satisfied.

That I'll not lose my way,

For Thou, my gentle Jesus,

The fullest price dids't  pay!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2018

Amen, Ade. How are you both doing?

Debbie, praying for you today that God will surround you with His arms of love.

I hope treatments for those of you who had them yesterday went well. Cindy, Joanne and Lisa.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited August 2018

Prayers please for our little 4 year old grandaughter Elowen. She recently had an MRI for some issues when they discovered metal. As it turns out she had swallowed a little magnet a few days earlier and the MRI caused it to travel perhaps causing damage. Medical folks need wisdom for what to do next & our daughter Emily needs God's peace. Thanks!

Ade

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2018

Ade, I am putting Elowen on my prayer list. I know this can be serious.

Nancy, I have a PET scan tomorrow so I will let you know how I am doing after I receive my results. Have been getting mild headaches in the evening lately that start in my neck. I am under a lot of stress lately caused by my DD so I am suspecting that is all it is. She needs prayer. Thanks for asking.

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited August 2018

Praying for Elowen (what a pretty name)

Dear Heavenly Father, please guide the magnet through her body safely, and also calm the hearts of those who love her in the meantime..give wisdom to her doctors on how to help resolve this quickly and safely...In Jesus' name, we ask..Amen~

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2018

I am back from my trip to Rwanda safely - Lots to think about. These people love the Lord even in the middle of poverty. The do their best to sustain on their own. Africa New Life helps them by always being there, educating, and acts of compassion. Here are pictures of my sponsor child and her family. (I made the dolls for them - our group actually made 80+ dolls to give out)

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Dear sisters,

I am probably going out of town for today and I am in a hurry. Ade, I am praying for your grand daughter. God bless her heart. Lord please intervene in the critical situation.

Chris, will be praying.

GM What wonderful pics. Will write more later. Glad you had a great trip and are back safely.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited August 2018

GmaFoley, love your pictures and that you are back safely. Their smiles say it all.

• kat17
    kat17 Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2018

Ade, praying for your precious granddaughter and entire family.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2018

Ade, Oh no! I am praying for your granddaughter! Dear Jesus, please keep Elowen in your care and please help the doctors figure out how to retrieve the little magnet she swallowed. In Jesus name, Amen.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2018

Gma...LOVE the race-specific dolls with appropriate skin tone.

Always felt bad when I was a little kid that we ONLY had blond-haired, blue-eyed dolls to play with. I don't have blond hair or blue eyes, so imagine if I were African-American or Latina? You couldn't find a race-specific doll back in the 50s and 60s unless you MADE one yourself.

So glad you took the extra effort. Those little girls must be thrilled. I know I would be :o).

L

• ade
    edited August 2018

I wish I had an update on Elowen for you - will post when I do. Thank you for your prayers for her.

Gma thank you for sharing your pix. What a blessed adventure in missions you got to have!

I wanted to share this photo with you this morning. Last night James threw an old watermelon out into the field and Little Foxy found what the deer left for him. He was so tickled with it he took it home! He is so tiny - about the size of a large skinny cat. Just a joy in my morning to share with you.

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Ade, I have been praying for Elowen many times and will continue to do so. I am praying for her parents and all family as well as can only imagine what you all are going through. Love your fox pic. So cute.

Going out of town again today. These are camera outings so fun times. Cammie continues to do so well. I cannot tell you what this has done for me and my faith. We now have regular play sessions and that is probably the biggest thing that has helped so much. I am reading a couple of books from cat behaviorists and I have a complete and new view of cats in general now. God uses many things in our lives to build our faith muscles and my cat has definitely been one of those times I doubt if I ever forget.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Chris praying for your PET scan results.

Faith, continued prayers for you. I sure hope you are doing better.

Joanne, praying your LE therapist will be covered and that it will be the solution to this arm journey you have been on for such a long time.

Lita, how are you doing?

I had another episode today of burning face and hands. I am not sure what it is but it has happened now several times and it doesn't worry me but of course I would like to know what is causing it.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited August 2018

My MO is not happy that my eye auras and the big, grey-black spot in my vision has come back, along with my hands continuing to lock up on me, and with the dizziness and headaches, I'm heading off for another brain MRI in a couple weeks to see what's going on up there.

I don't know if there is anything else they can do for me. I can't have whole brain radiation again. They can only do it once or it will cause "cognitive and neurological deficits."

Keep me in prayer, my dear warriors,

L

• ade
    edited August 2018

Nancy - praying that face & hands thing is a minor allergic reaction and nothing we need to worry about. YAAAY CAMMIE!!!!

Lita - praying the Lord will stave off these new things and you can get some comfort. I can't fathom all you are dealing with. We continue to lift you up dear sister.

Thank you Debbie for the inspiration you give us in your poems shared.

Update - Little Elowen was subject to a 'flush it out' attempt but we don't know if it succeeded or not. She has another MRI Tuesday but with an x-ray prior. Seems to be feeling ok - but her poor mommy is quite sick - maybe food poisoning!

Praying for all of you even if not mentioned.

With love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

LIta, you are always in my prayers. When I think back to over a year ago when you had decided on hospice and then decided to keep in treatment it has been amazing what God has done in you. I know it has been very difficult. God will give you grace to face whatever is in front of you.

Ade, I was wondering if Elowen could pass this. Praying that she will without any damage to any organs of tissue. Pray for her poor Mom. Lord touch this little 4yr old and allow this magnet to pass without any damage. I pray that you would give her Mom a healing touch as she is already enduring the anxiety of the situation with her daughter.

Cindy and Lisa, how did your treatments go?

Joanne, praying your LE exercises are working!

Faith, continued prayers for you and praying you have seen the last of the hives.

Debbie, praying for you and I always am blessed by your posts.

Love,

Nancy

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited August 2018

Hi Nancy,

My first treatment of TC was this Monday. Had flu like symptoms the second day. Thinking it may have been from the Neulasta shot. Other than that, not bad. My son and husband went and helped me cold cap. We will see how that goes. I pray for you and all the others here often! ❤

Cindy

• bandwoman1234
    edited August 2018

Cindy, it sounds like you are doing quite well. Others may have tips for you for your chemo SE. Praying the cold cap works for you. Let us know when your treatments are next and we will be sure to pray for you.

Love,

Nancy

• ohio4me
    ohio4me Member Posts: 323
    edited September 2018

Cindy, my pharmacist recommended Claritin for 3/4 days beginning with Neulasta day. I never had those flu symptoms.

My niece used the cold cap. She was 34 at the with thick, long hair. They worked well. She had some thinning at the hairline, but only noticeable to her.

• ohio4me
    ohio4me Member Posts: 323
    edited September 2018

Cindy, my pharmacist recommended Claritin for 3/4 days beginning with Neulasta day. I never had those flu symptoms.

My niece used the cold cap. She was 34 at the time with thick, long hair. They worked well. She had some thinning at the hairline, but only noticeable to her.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2018

Thank you Ohio for responding to Cindy. I thought Claritin might be the solution from past posts but I didn't want to say without knowing for sure.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2018

Amen, Joanne. I believe your light at the end of this long tunnel will be coming soon.

Teka, I sent you a PM.

Ade, continued prayers for a successful flush with Elowen and for Mom to quickly recover.

I had a definite God encounter this week. A long story which I won't go into but I am continually amazed at what God can do and how He weaves our lives together in the most amazing way.

Have a great weekend dear ladies. For those in this area it looks like an indoor weekend with all the rain. I needed to do some inside cleaning so it works for me.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    edited September 2018

Teka, alas, yard work is one of the joys of my life I've had to give up, sadly. My back and balance issues jeopardize me too much.

I took a fall in the yard last year at around this time when I was pulling weeds, and dr and DH said enuf is enuf. Had to hire a gardening service. (Don't tell DH, but I still sneak out and dead-head the rose bushes now and then...). So no lovely flower beds anymore. No new annuals or bulbs. I just have to live w/ what I have. I went out and got a couple of succulents for the yard, but that's about it.

I walk around like a decrepit old woman now - looking 20 years older than I really am, but that's my reality. I'm not complaining as it could be way worse, and I know it WILL get worse as things continue to deteriorate in my spine (I have shrunk a whopping THREE inches from lytic lesions and compression since this beastly guest decided to move in). But I am grateful just to get up in the morning and still be able to see and hobble across the floor to the bathroom :o).

L

P.S. Teka, try bone broth. I make my own and try to have some every week. The minerals and nutrients are supposed to help keep one's bones strong. Ask your dr about calcium supplements, too. I don't take them because I get my blood work done every week and they monitor my calcium. It has stayed in the high normal range, so I'm ok. You don't want to take too much calcium or it can cause problems, stones, etc., too.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2018

Oh ladies, I could have written all of the last posts. I feel so silly complaining but I really have little energy or ambition. Gardening this year consisted of planting a few geraniums in 3 hanging pots on the deck! I went to a birthday celebration at a friend's home on Friday and fell down on the stairs carrying a bag with some fruit because I was stressed and feeling overwhelmed. Then hubby and I stopped by my daughters with some birthday flowers and a card for her! Her family is having some serious financial problems causing more worry. This after hosting a weeks visit from our foster son and his wife from Oregon. I spent most of today in bed or on the couch. The good news... I only sprained a toe and bruised my arm in the fall. Silly me, thinking I could handle all of this. Love, Jean

• intolight
    edited September 2018

Jean, so glad you weren't seriously hurt in your fall. Rest can be good. Life goes on all around us and we try to be encouraging but we sometimes forget about ourselves.

Your stories resonated with me today. Tomorrow I know I will tell some well-meaning people at church that I am "fine" since I haven't attended in a few weeks bypassing all of the medical reasons. The real reason is Sunday is the best day for our family to sleep in, but no one really needs to hear this either. Not a good excuse, but rest is needed in my household. But choir starts back tomorrow and I need every excuse I can think of to get my DD back in church. She goes if I do as the granddaughter loves church and my daughter has no other excuse. Being raised as a PK leaves her with few excuses since she still lives at home. I selfishly ask for prayer for her.

I am jealous of all of you gardeners. I live in a 4th floor condo and can barely manage a few potted plants! I tried to grow some herbs in my kitchen window, but I guess the sunlight is all wrong as they all are failing. So sad as I really wanted a growing supply of fresh cilantro for my pico. Cilantro is cheap anyway so I will just have to keep buying it.

I am praying for God to rain down many blessings on all of our families tomorrow. Chris

• ade
    edited September 2018

Oh sisters! I pray for God's grace and mercy, healing, strength, comfort and peace for every one of you! There's an old saying that "misery loves company" but in that we know and understand what one another goes through (some not to the fullest extent - but the compassion is certainly there) and we intercede for one another more effectively because of it. I praise and thank the Lord for each of you and lift you all up to the Throne of grace.

Regarding the "How are you" question - my grandfather always said, "I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in!" and I often use that. It makes others smile - but they understand I am not 100% - and I refuse to lie (not even in politeness, mind you) and say I'm just peachy when I honestly don't think I EVER will be again this side of Heaven. People do care but I don't want to go into the full report and sound pathetic - so I make light of it and they still understand...and pray.

I don't think my daughter knows IF that blasted little magnet passed or not through the barrage of laxatives that poor child endured. Elowen feels ok - so if it did damage one would think there would be negative symptoms of it by now. On Tuesday she gets another MRI (no contrast) WITH an x-ray prior this time! Emily (daughter) is just fine now - in just 12 hours! God DOES answer prayer! Thank you who prayed for Elowen and Emily.

Nancy - so thankful for your God encounter! How those strengthen our faith - and the Lord knows just when we need them too! For those of us unable to garden anymore - we will just oooh and aahhh over your flower pix and imagine we can 'smell the roses'! You have a flower ministry to us. :0)

Blessings upon your week dear sisters!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2018

Wow, Teka. I guess your story resonated with many. I love to garden and have always been limited by my fibro but thankfully I can still do it. I have had to cut back since my BC. I feel bad for so many of you who are not able to anymore.

Jean, so sorry to hear about your fall. Glad you didn't break anything.

Joanne, I love that banner and I really believe what it says. I believe we will both look back on this summer and say thank God you got us through the loooooooooooooooong trial.

Chris, I can grow flowers outside but inside I have the same issue of poor lighting for indoor plants. I have found on top of my refrigerator is the only place I can grow anything indoors. I wish I had a suggestion for you but I can't think of any unless you actually used a growing light. Have you heard results from your PET scan yet?

Ade, I have thought of this awful situation with Elowen and wondered if they could even do an MRI because of the magnet possibly still inside of her. Apparently they can. Yes, figuring out if she passed it would be an unpleasant exercise for sure in the light of all of the laxatives. The poor thing. Praying it did pass and thankful she has not seemed to have any negatives from it so far.

I have share something that will give you a smile. You all probably know Cammie by now! I bought her a new cat tree and put it up last week. She loves this thing. I also reintroduced catnip to her and now remember why I stopped using it when she was a kitten. She already had an aggressive streak and the catnip made that worse in her early years which I had forgotten. I bought this catnip banana and put it up in the cat tree last week to encourage her to use it. This morning as I was eating breakfast she could still smell that catnip on the cat tree and was trying to eat the fleece off the cat tree. She was rolling all around and rolled right off of the tree onto the floor. She was pretty high up in the air. She did land on her feet. Then as cats do she indignantly walked away with their dignity in tact and was probably saying what fall I didn't fall, did you see me fall? Happy

I want to share some of my pics from my last outing. I am still in this ongoing competition with this forest preserve district. I was hoping to shoot some lotus flowers or egrets but that didn't happen. I did find some of these subjects instead.

Love,

Nancy

• Cindymb
    Cindymb Member Posts: 101
    edited September 2018

Ohio,

Thank you for that advice. I took Claritan, but I think I will begin the day before on my next infusiion.

🤗

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2018