Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited March 2020

Karen (Etna), that is great news. I know you will still have to have chemo but so glad for you that your oncologist has said it will be milder than others. You are brave to go ahead with shaving your head. You are strong and you will get through this with the Lord hand in hand. Yes, God has ways of showing us through many ways that He is lifting us up and that we are not alone. Scripture is certainly one of those ways. I am praying for you as you go through this journey.

Ade, I have been praying that James would be well for preparing for moving. The Lord has answered that prayer but now we need to pray for your migraines. I have been praying for that perfect house and obviously this one you speak of is not the one. It will all work out I feel sure of this. Waiting and trusting will be the key.

Joanne, yes this sickness has been going on for a long time. It seems like deja vu from last year when I battled this two times. I am calling the doctor tomorrow and if I can't get in I will go to urgent care. I feel like this has been a sinus infection brewing for quite sometime. It is discouraging to not feel like I am getting better and then when I do I go backwards but I know this too shall pass. I just wish my PT wasn't going on in the midst of this. I am still having pain when sitting and this is getting really tiresome. This is a byproduct of my PT which I didn't have before but I do see progress in it. I just wish it could go faster but my body doesn't allow that to happen. Joanne, I do pray that you are feeling better too.

Thank all of you for your prayers. I really appreciate that and you know you have mine.

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    etnasgrl Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2020

Nancy.....I will be praying for you. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling unwell for a while now. I'm glad that you are going to the doctor or urgent care today, I think that's a great idea! Hopefully he/she can get you something to help you get over this hump and feel better! It's SO tiring and frustrating when you don't feel well and it keeps lingering. ((((Hugs)))) Please let us know how it all goes today and know that we are with you in spirit!

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Thank you Karen. I appreciate your concern especially since you are going through the beginning of your cancer journey. I am going to urgent care this afternoon. I couldn't get into my doctor today so I made an apt with this clinic. I don't know which is worse as far as exposing myself to who knows what might be lurking in the waiting rooms. The waiting room at my doctor's office or this urgent care waiting room. We have had Coronavirus in several people in the metro Chicago area in which I am a part of that. I did have PT a few weeks ago and one therapist was madly trying to find a mask for this patient who had come back from China. YIKES I wasn't too close to him but we entered in the same doors. You never know.

Ade, I forgot to tell you that I did see my first robin of the season right when you mentioned that in your post to me the other day. Today I see a whole bunch of them so they are back!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEE Praying your migraines are better. Actually that has been my most vexing symptom in whatever I have....a terrific headache that has lasted for a very long time. I hope nothing is happening with my brain tumor.........like growing!

Ellen, praying for you scans coming up on Friday.

I'll let you know what the doctor says. I hate taking antibiotics but I do feel that this is what I need based on past sinus infections. I do have my ultrasound and mammogram next Wed. I really don't want to have to change that. I have PT tomorrow and have alerted my therapist that I may have to cancel again. I want the doctor to give me some direction there. I don't want to expose anybody else for sure.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited March 2020

Nancy, so sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. It is so difficult to remain positive in the midst of any storm. Know I am praying daily for you and that your doctors will be able to sort things out, and especially today that the urgent care doc can help. I went to an urgent care in MO in October fearing all you said but it turned out fine. I believe God has already made that path smooth for you too.

Karen, happy for your good news. God is amazing!

Ade, thankful James is not sick right now but praying for you too. You and James are on my daily prayer list.

Right now I am healthy--amazing--unless you consider my Stage IV dx. We are afraid of catching some of the viruses that are floating around and are being especially careful. I am flying to Phoenix in 3 weeks to meet my half-siblings and praying I can be healthy and also not catch anything during the travels. Everyone is excited for the meeting!

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Chris, thank you so much for your prayers. When I got to the clinic there was NO ONE in the waiting room except me. THANK YOU JESUS. The medical staff all had masks on when seeing me in the exam room. It was just a strange feeling but I was glad to get in and out quickly. The computer was down in my exam room so that actually made things go faster, I think.

The doctor seemed in a hurry and I am thankful that my brain tumor situation was not brought up. I am being treated as a bacterial sinus infection and I am now on antibiotics and a steroid nasal spray which I got both scripts very fast. I am not contagious at this point but decided to cancel my PT for tomorrow after hearing all of what the doctor said. I have still faithfully done 40 min of exercise every single day whether sick or not. Not sure if that set me back or not but it has taken me a long time in PT to see results and I didn't want to take a giant step backwards.

So Chris, your prayers and mine were answered today. Thank you Jesus.

The Illinois governor has declared IL a state of emergency because of the Coronavirus as several more people have tested positive. I imagine there will be many states that will follow suit if they haven't done so already. I am especially concerned with the stock market meltdown for my Mom. I have not felt well enough to start in again on the VA application. I have spent several weeks gathering needed documents and still waiting on the latest statements. Now I just need to feel well enough to proceed on it. I hope to meet with the VA advocate at the end of March when I will be visiting my Mom again.

We are living in scary times but God is still God and he still has our back.

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Nancy, I am so glad that you were able to get seen today. How awesome that no one was in the waiting room, yay!!
    The antibiotics and nasal spray should clear everything up quickly and you'll be on your way to wellness. I know that you are more than ready to feel better!

This whole Coronavirus is getting way out of hand, thanks to media.....but regardless of the reason, it is effecting so much around us. Like you mentioned, the stock market. Ugh! I'm not going to panic or worry, I refuse to! Instead, I know that God is MUCH bigger than any virus and I am in His hands. Besides, right now I have enough nonsense to worry about, lol!

• intolight
    edited March 2020

Nancy, I am praising God for the answer to prayers for your visit. The last time I was at the doctor's for my cough, he made me wear a mask. He said the exam rooms were small and it was for his and the following patient's protection. I was a little bothered by it but understand, and that was before the Carona virus scare. I am torn by all the hype over this sometimes thinking it is being over-played, and other times thankful for protection for people with compromised immunity like me. I am praying I will be able to fly and meet my siblings. Southwest put out an information email about all their precautions and so far that is their answer--not cancelling flights. They say since they don't fly internationally they will continue their over-zealous sanitizing procedures. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Thank you all for your prayers and support. I am really more miserable with this tailbone pain. I am using a donut pillow but it is all the muscles around the tailbone that are also inflamed so the pillow really doesn't do much. I would really appreciate your prayers for this pain as well. This has been going on for a month or more and I am about to go crazy.

Chris, I forgot to say earlier that I have been praying that you will feel well enough to have your trip to meet your newly found half siblings. I couldn't remember it was Denver and had been praying for MO as I think you have relatives there too. The important thing is God knows where you are going. Thankfully I didn't have a cough. If I would have this reactive lung disease that I had in October now with the Coronavirus I would really be freaked out but thank the Lord that is over and hopefully for good!!!

One thing I didn't realize is that in 1957 ( I think or I might be off by a year) there was a terrible flu that killed many people as well as in the Spanish Flu in 1918. Our world has lived through this stuff before and praying God will get us all through it again.

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Good Morning ladies!

Happy
    Nancy, I just lifted you up in prayer, praying for much needed pain relief and that you feel His presence today. I will continue to keep you covered in prayer. Constant pain can be so crushing and frustrating. ((((Hugs))))

I could use some prayers today. I've been preparing for chemo, buying wigs/beanies/scarves, cold booties/gloves, high protein foods, etc., but as the date gets closer, (March 19), I am getting more and more anxious. Chemo scares me deeply and I need some peace. I'm trying not to worry about or dwell on it, but it seems to overwhelm me.
    Thanks! I hope that y'all have a wonderful day!

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited March 2020

Just dropping in to say that while I've not been posting, I have been reading and praying for all of you. Nancy, I pray you are on the road to recovery and the there are no bad surprises with your mammogram and ultrasound next week. I certainly understand all the anxieties around scans and testing. I've been dealing with lots of an anxiety about a lot of things including the surgery my DH is having in two weeks and the medication side effects he's having prior to it.

To everyone, I rejoice in your good news and pray for all your needs. I'm also praying for our world that this awful Covid19 virus goes away soon and there are no more deaths or financial hardships for those least able to manage in a down economy

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2020

Hello BC sisters,

I read Your posts, and just finished reading a news article from several pastors about how they were dealing with the Coronavirus in their congregations. Everyone of them mentioned relying on our faith in an Almighty God; no one was cancelling services, although they did mention temporarily changing the way communion and tithe collections are done. All had scripture that they shared, notably Psalm 91 and Phillipians 4.

We all have various levels of compromised immune systems, depending on the type and length of treatments. May our personal relationship with God and our faith in His protection be an encouragement to the world

So thankful God is in charge and humans are not!!

Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Karen, thank you for your prayers. I certainly need them too. I had a horrible night last night with this pain in the tailbone area. I have not had issues when lying down so this was a new thing. I am certainly praying for you as you approach your first chemo. The fear of the unknown is very real. I am praying that you can keep your eyes on the Lord as much as possible and whenever you feel fearful cry out to Him to give you peace. Imagine Him right there beside you holding your hand and knowing that He is going to be doing that every single minute as you have your chemo treatments. YOU CAN DO THIS. GOD HAS THIS!!!!!

Faith, thank you for your prayers. I have been praying for you and will certainly be praying for your DH's surgery and that he will be able to tolerate the meds he is taking now. How is your back and leg doing? We will keep you in prayer for both you and your DH.

Ellen, good to hear from you. Thanks for that reminder that God is in control and the encouraging news that your area pastors are not canceling services. I have missed the last two Sundays at my church but have wondered what the plans will be since we have several infected people in our metro area. Since I go to a Mega church with many, many nationalities represented from so many different countries I am not too anxious to go until I am completely well. I am praying for you as your scans are coming this Friday. Take care. Hopefully we can both celebrate our six years out when I have mine next week too.

My meds are working so I am very thankful for that. Now if I can get this pain under control I will be a happy camper.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Dear sisters,

As we enter a time which we have never seen before and as we are going through our own personal storms it can appear like the world has completely come undone. Fear abounds on all fronts and reading any newspapers or listening to the news can only exacerbate those fears. On the home front we all know the precautions we can take to keep ourselves as safe as possible. God is STILL in control and He has never lost that control. As the scripture below tells us God cannot lie and He will keep His promises to us. This may be a wild ride we are all on but hang on to our anchor which is Jesus Christ our Lord. If anything this virus has shown us how we cannot take anything for granted and that every day is a gift which we must cherish. The only sure thing we have in this world is Jesus and His word. That is a pretty BIG ANCHOR!

Love,

Nancy

Hebrews 6:18-20 The Message (MSG)

God Gave His Word

13-18 When God made his promise to Abraham, he backed it to the hilt, putting his own reputation on the line. He said, "I promise that I'll bless you with everything I have—bless and bless and bless!" Abraham stuck it out and got everything that had been promised to him. When people make promises, they guarantee them by appeal to some authority above them so that if there is any question that they'll make good on the promise, the authority will back them up. When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee—God can't break his word. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable.

18-20 We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us, in the order of Melchizedek.

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Perfectly said Nancy!!!

Heart

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Happy

Teka, I imagine you are breathing a sigh of relief having your last eye done (out of two!) I know those drops are a pain but it will be worth it when it is all in the rear view mirror.

I would appreciate your prayers. My sickness is becoming a concern. At first I felt like I was responding to the antibiotics and yesterday not so sure. We'll see what today brings. I bought a new infrared heating pad and thanks to Amazon it was delivered in one day. So I have used it two days and it is powerful and was expensive but hopefully worth it.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

((((Hugs)))) Nancy, I will for sure lift you up in prayer! As a matter of fact, I just paused to pray for you and will continue to do so.
    I hope that the heating pad works well for you and you are able to get the relief that you need. Also praying that the antibiotics do their job and your body responds perfectly to them! Prayers for peace and comfort as well and prayers for ALL medical professionals involved in your care, that they would receive wisdom and discernment to treat you correctly.

Much love to you my precious sister!

Heart

• intolight
    edited March 2020

Nancy, sending extra prayer for healing from this sickness and that God will surround you with his peace today. He is able to do abundantly more than we could ever imagine.

Etnasgirl, praying for you too as you prepare for this next stage of your treatment.

Teka, so glad your eye surgery was a success.

I have decided to drive instead of fly to Arizona. It is only a seven-hour trip so it is doable. However, it also means my husband will accompany me and we will bring our granddaughter with us. This has its own challenges since Bria has never been away from her mom for more than one night, but since she has been with me since birth she should do fine. Once we are there my Auntie can help with her care. Our daughter's nursing school, Azusa Pacific, has shut down face-to-face classes like everyone else but she still has online classes and exams. Going with us on the trip means she would lose two days of studying and some of her classes requires she be online at a specific time so she must be available and not travelling. She also has to go in for labs, etc. Her clinical training in the hospital has also been suspended during this crisis so we are concerned how her schooling will proceed. This has affected us all in so many ways but we know God is faithful and will carry us through.

Sending extra hugs and prayers for all today.

Chris

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Thank you, Chris, for the prayers! As I get closer to Thursday, I am getting more and more anxious. I know that God is with me and that He is going to get me through, but my nerves are just shot. Knowing people are praying helps SO much!

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Karen, thank you so much. I am posting this banner for you but I think all of us need it in these uncertain times. My prayers are with you dear sister. I know from personal experience that the fear of something unknown is usually worse than the thing we have feared. Hang onto Jesus.

Chris, I am somewhat relieved that you are not getting on a plane for this trip. I know driving will take longer and then the added challenges of taking care of your little one too but it is probably safer at this point. I was supposed to check in with my primary doctor but I have been hesitant to do that knowing he is already probably taxed to the limit. I want to be able to get through my scans and procedures on Wed and not sure if that will happen. I will wait and see how I feel.

I am feeling a bit better after getting a bath and eating.

I do have to share a quick story. On Thursday night I was texting my neighbor who was asking how I was. I am bad about keeping my phone on so got the text late. I was telling her I must be living under a rock because I had no idea people were hoarding toilet paper. I tried to buy some online and everyplace was out except the price gougers wanting something like $200 for it. I had no sooner put my phone down and my doorbell rang and my neighbor stood their with a BIG package of toilet paper for me..........and the kind I use to boot. She has auto refill from the Amazon pantry so she said they had plenty. Yes, God is good.

Stay safe everyone. I think we are probably all getting pretty good at washing our hands for 20 seconds!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Oh Nancy, I absolutely LOVE the banner, it is PERFECT and I will praying this prayer every single day. Thank you!

And I just love your toilet paper story. God is SO amazing.....even when it comes to something as simple as toilet paper. He knows our every single need and meets each one. When I stop to think about just how well He takes care of us, I am so humbled. He truly is such a good, good God. All the time.

• intolight
    edited March 2020

Nancy, On my way to the store today, I thought of your TP story and thought "trust God for the toilet paper." We only have a few days' supply left so it was on my list. Of course the shelves were empty along with several other staples on my list. But I am trusting God for the toilet paper!

• intolight
    edited March 2020

Continuation to the TP story: My daughter got up early and hit the store when it opened just to buy TP. There were only two rolls of 8 (offbrand) on the shelf (that's all they had). The first person got one and a man ran past her and got the other, but when he saw my daughter with her toddler in tow (she was third), he handed it to her and said he could wait. Yep, trust God for the toilet paper!

The rest of the store was still pretty empty so maybe they didn't get a delivery? There are many stores close enough but we are good for a few days.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited March 2020

Joanne, I had to smile when I saw the Sears & Roebuck reference. My great-grandmother had an outhouse on her farm and used (yup, you guessed it!) The Catalog. :-)

My employer has closed for the next two weeks due to COVID-19 concerns. Friday was the last day to report, but only so employees could pick up laptops, files, and notes to do remote work.

Yesterday I went for my regular weekly grocery shopping trip. No beef, chicken, milk, bananas, onions, garlic, or canned soup. There were four cartons of eggs and four packets of tuna left. Nothing was on the shelves in the paper and cleaning aisles.

I feel sad for the folks who work in small businesses and the food and entertainment sectors. The Coronavirus situation could put many people out of work for a long time. I pray for resources to assist them in their time of need.

Praying you and your loved ones have safe and healthy days. God is still on the throne.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Karen, keep praying that prayer. God will get you through your own personal storm. Going through the beginning of your cancer journey with all of the world going crazy is I imagine a lot to take in. At first I told myself my sickness was a good distraction to my upcoming procedures on Wed. Then I thought maybe the procedures will be a good distraction from the crazy world!!

Chris, that story about the man giving the tp to your daughter should be on the nightly news with Lester Holt!!!!! There are good people out there in spite of all the craziness going on. God did answer your prayer but he wanted to do it His way and in His timing. I am sure that blessed your daughter and that selfless man as well. I wonder what he told his wife (if he has one) when he got homeHappy.

Hershey, I hope this will be a good time at home for you as I know your workplace has been stressful.

I realized I posted without scrolling all the way down. Joanne, not sure if you posted the tp banner or who that was but it was funny. We must be on the same wave link. I posted about the Sears Catalogue on another thread. I am sorry to hear about Dan. I sure hope you don't get it too. My neighbor scolded me yesterday when I drove into my driveway. She said you shouldn't be out at all. Not because of my sickness but because I am a vulnerable senior (in her mind). In my mind I am still in my 30's!!! I am hoping to go to PT on Tuesday since I have missed two weeks. I am also hoping to have my scans and ultrasound on Wed but i am holding off on confirming those apts until tomorrow.

I have watched Youtube videos on alternatives to toilet paper. Some people have gone without it for years!!!! One was especially detailed on how she did it so I am trying to figure out how I can replicate it if need be. At this point I am more concerned about food. Unfortunately because I have to eat gluten free now I don't have the usual ingredients in my pantry as I once did. I avoid casseroles and pasta and pretty much depend on meat, fruits and veggies. So I am very concerned about the grocery store.........going first of all and then not finding anything I usually eat. I bought another canister of meal replacements from HSN. Our governor wants us to stay home so I felt like a criminal going out yesterday and picking up my special bras that I ordered by phone.

We will look back on this time and I am sure that many of us will do things differently. I think there will be eventual good that will come out of this but at a very heavy price in suffering and loss.

Stay safe dear sisters. Keep washing those hands and isolating as much as you can. I have already been doing so much of that I will probably be going stir crazy before this is over. I have had some sleepless nights and last night was one of them. I was doing this before the world got crazy so it is not just that. I finally got to sleep around 5 am. So zombie time right now.

My plans to visit my Mom soon are probably not going to happen since she lives in an assisted living facility. One person in our county has tested positive and she is in a nursing home. I fear for all of them there. My VA application is still on hold because of the unknown right now.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2020

Yes, Joanne, if ANYBODY is prepared for this the Amish are! They even have cures so they don't HAVE to go to the doctor if not absolutely necessary. We have tried to tell our grown kids to be prepared for "whatever" comes down the pike, be it natural disasters, man-made disasters or whatever, but it seems no one listens so we just stopped talking about it as everybody thinks we are nuts for having enough food OR TOILET PAPER to last for a while. I am so sorry Dan is ill and pray he is ok soon. (And yes, overkill is better than "underkill", if there is such a word.)

James went to the store on Friday and though we have two groceries in our little town it was PACKED with people! The cashier and bagger both said it had been that way all day without a break. Our 2 dollar store parking lots were full we noticed too. Our 2 kids in Ohio both said shelves were bare there and I heard even Amazon was out of TP. I wish the media didn't make such a panic. If sick folks just stay home it won't be as bad as everyone fears. James is at high risk because of his heart and age so we are just chillin' at home as much as we can. We have to go to Midland Wednesday for his doctor appointment but will try to avoid crowds (and elevators). I pray for all of us with compromised immune systems to be specially protected. All things are possible with God!

Our daughter in law works for Aldi's warehouse in Ohio and she said that the trucks were being stopped with people demanding food and when they pull into the warehouse crowds of people are demanding food! They said folks are getting mean up there. Here churches are offering to buy food and groceries (and share their own) with shut-ins and elderly. What a difference! I think it is a good time to stay put and move when it's all blown over!

Nancy, maybe your coxyx was fractured somehow with your therapy? I know they can't splint a tailbone, but maybe there is something your doctor can suggest to give you relief. Pain is SO hard to cope with, especially when you can't take the usual pain relief meds. I am thankful the antibiotics have helped the sinus problem (pray they will heal it) but sorry you're in so much pain. See what your doctor says maybe? You have my prayers for Wednesday. Your "Toilet paper Testimony" is wonderful!!!

About antibiotics - I have been plagued with skin infections (cysts mostly) since I was a teen - and that's MANY years! I was on prophalactic one-a-day antibiotics for decades. Then I learned how bad that is so only take them when I HAVE to now. I have noticed that this time they did NOT work as they always have. So - since 95% of our antibiotics come from China (who actually THREATENED to NOT sell them to us so we would die!) has weakened the ingredients. Just a thought.

Karen - "YOU GOT THIS" as they say. You can do ALL things through Christ Who strengthens you. He tells you to not LET your heart be troubled and He gives you HIS peace. I know because you trust in Him, He will grant you a smooth path and you will have the victory in Christ!

Chris thank you for keeping James and I in your prayers. As Karen has said, just knowing others pray makes so much difference. I am with you on taking the car rather than a plane right now. May the Lord BLESS your trip (that's pretty exciting!). Let us know how it goes. Great TP testimony too!

Teka - so glad your eyes are both done! Now on to healing and one less concern for you!

Hershey - glad you are able to work from home. The stores WILL restock, just may have to wait a bit.

Sorry this is long. Please know I am praying for you all. Thank you for the ministering scriptures and banners. We will trust in our Lord!

Love,

Ade

• Serenevictoria65
    Serenevictoria65 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2020

Greetings my sisters in the Lord! Like usual, I rarely post, but read your posts regularly so I know what your prayer needs are. 🙏

My mastectomy healing continues to go well...Will be 5 weeks on Tuesday. Still have my pesky drain, which is still producing an average of 150 ccs, just like what happened after my lumpectomy, so not too worried.

I pray for you all regarding the coronavirus outbreak. We have at least one confirmed case in my county, so I am wearing a respirator mask and gloves for every cancer center appt...May be overkill, but better safe than sorry. May God keep each of you safe beneath His wings!

Love,

Victoria. 💖

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Ade, that is a bit scary if the antibiotics have been diluted. I only have three more days on them and I honestly don't know what will happen when I am finished. I am trying to curb my Tylenol as much as I can as I hear that has blown off the shelves as well as everything else. I am using my new heating pad twice a day and I do think it is helping the tailbone situation.

Victoria, I wish I had a mask like you as I have some important appointments this week. I have been staying inside since our governor told us to stay home a few days ago. I know this is not an easy time for you to be gearing up for your treatments but you will get through this. I am glad your previous experience with the drain has helped with it now even though I know you will be glad to get rid of it soon!

These kind of challenges we face bring out the worst and best in people. Hopefully we all can be a shining light in the latter group. I had a thought today and that is after 9-11 the churches were packed. Now the people with no faith that may be seeking help have little help if the churches are closed. We need to pray that this global emergency will provide many opportunities for the unsaved to come to Jesus.

Take care dear sisters. I do pray for ALL of you by name at each of my prayer times. We will all get through this and I imagine much stronger that when we started this crazy ride we are all on.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited March 2020

Tori - you will certainly celebrate when THOSE drains come out!!! What a joy that will be for you! I think you are SMART for wearing those protections, and these days nobody will think twice about how you look. Glad you're coming along fine and popped in today.

Nancy I am thankful your new heating pad is working for you, and glad you GOT it when you did. Still, if the pain doesn't go away you may have injured your tailbone inadvertently. When I was a kid mannny moons ago - I jumped off a stack of cement blocks and landed on my tailbone (probably fractured it) and it took a long time to heal - but it did! I am only speculating on the weakened antibiotic thing because it is not working. But China DID actually make a threat to cut off our antibiotic supply as an act of aggression against us since our president has evened up the trade balance (which needed done). Now we are finding out how MUCH of the world's supply of everything the Chinese have. I feel so sorry for the people. They hide in underground house churches for fear of persecution. And the people are under a social points system, watched ALL of the time to make sure they comply with the 'state'. It's a cruel system. We do need to pray for the persecuted church. Yes, it is sad that the churches have to close during this but WE are the Church and we still have the freedom to show kindness and love to those who need it (and who doesn't need it!) They will know us by our fruit. In a grocery line of angry, impatient, selfish people WE can be the one who smiles kindly in understanding or offer to help in some way. People DO notice and they ask questions like, "Are you a Christian?". That opens up an avenue to pray for them if they need it. Little encounters wit Christ's ambassadors change lives. It's a good day to be His, isn't it. Bet there will be more TP testimonies to come!

Lord bless and keep you all and give you peace.

Ade

• ade
    edited March 2020

3/11 sunset - God is still on the Throne!

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Amen, Ade. Beautiful sunset. I did cancel my PT tomorrow after realizing my therapist called me on my cell phone which was off. I think she was concerned since I had been sick for so long so I decided to alleviate all of our fears and cancel. I injured my tailbone many years ago and I remember it took a long time to heal. I am going to back off on some of my exercises because I know they are aggravating things. My PT will resume??????????????? I told them I would hold off on future apts for now until the world calms down.

My headache has returned so this is so disappointing. My temp was higher and I broke down and took some Tylenol and now it is where it usually is.........way under normal.

Love,

Nancy