Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited March 2020

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited March 2020

Karen, my husband goes with me to all my infusions and labs and chooses to sit in the car even before this quarantine time (he is retired.) He takes his iPad and just works out there. If the weather is bad he would come in, but mostly just sits outside. Sometimes he even has our granddaughter outside with him. My infusions only last an hour though so he rarely sits more than two hours total. Our husbands are a special breed! Praying for you that God will surround you with more special blessings.

Nancy, I am increasing my prayers for you. I am sorry you have to go through all of this alone and wish I were closer to at least visit from a distance across the room. Sending virtual hugs.

Ade, sorry to hear what Loeva has to go through. The timing makes losing a loved one even tougher.

Eighteen months ago I lost my very best friend to cancer, and yesterday her husband also passed from cancer. It has been difficult for her daughters and their five children to understand what all is going on. It makes it more difficult that nobody was able to visit. My husband was their pastor for many years and now he can't travel to be by their sides. Please pray for our ministers who brave the virus to meet the needs of others.

• etnasgrl
    etnasgrl Member Posts: 185
    edited March 2020

Chemo this morning and at 2am, I woke up, wide awake. Ugh! Guess I'll take a nap when they start the Benadryl pre-meds, lol! Thankfully, I am off today, so can come home and take a nice nap. (I hope!)
    I spoke with the oncology nurse yesterday and she was telling me that cancer patients in active chemo are in the high risk group for COVID-19, which of course, I knew. She said that I should quarantine for the 12 weeks of my treatment and so should EVERYONE in my home. No going out, ANYWHERE and all groceries or other needed items should be delivered to the house and left outside for us to come and get. That's fine for me and my son, (who is 15 and doing school online right now), but my husband is a police officer and can NOT stay home, he HAS to work, and my step-daughter also has to work at Starbucks. The nurse told me that I should try to find some other place to stay where those around me can stay at home for 12 weeks.
    My dad, who is 75, (also in the high risk group because of his age and some health issues), lives alone and has plenty of room for me to stay with him. I am going to speak with my oncologist today, at my infusion, to see what she says.....but I may have to move in with my dad for the next 3 months.
    I will obviously do what I need to do to stay as healthy as possible.....but 3 months away from my family? Oh, how that breaks my heart.....especially since this is a time when I would need them and their support the most!

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Karen, I just read an article written by an oncologist. She was saying that in this coronavirus era we are living in the way they treat cancer patients will have to change. I know this is a very hard pill to swallow knowing you must isolate yourself from your family. Apparently you are not alone in this type of needed separation. Some cancer patients that need surgery may not be able to have it because of the fear of getting infected by Covid 19. None of these things are what any cancer patient would want but you have already had your surgery and if isolating would save lives for your family it sounds like that is what you need to do. I am so sorry you have to deal with this added stress as if just undergoing treatments alone is not enough. This oncologist ended this article saying that cancer patients seem to rise to the occasion going through their treatments anyway and she said they will also rise to this new normal that they have to live with. Living with your father for the time necessary sounds like as good an option as any. Is his house big enough for you to stay a distance from each other. I can understand your anxiety and sadness surrounding this choice. My sister or myself cannot visit my Mom who is 94 with dementia and lives in a supportive living facility. It kills me to think she could die and we could not see her but we must do what we need to protect our families.

You could Facetime or Skype with your family possibly. My Mom doesn't have internet so we can't do that with her. We will be praying for you as you have to make tough choices, still work and coping with all of these unexpected things. You will get through this but it is going to be more challenging than you had figured.

Chris, thank you for your prayers. I had some chest tightness last night and while in bed this morning I was debating whether I should do something as my lungs did not feel right. When I did get up I felt some better so I am going to still wait. At this point I want to stay as far away from any medical clinics as I can unless absolutely necessary. I am really sorry to hear that your deceased best friends spouse has passed away as well. This new era we are living in makes funerals sometimes impossible to even have in this current situation we are in. I feel for the family and friends who are not able to be their to support them in their grief in the normal ways that would have happened prior to this pandemic. I am sorry for your loss as I imagine you knew him well too. As far as you are concerned maybe you need to speak to your family when you are not up to doing certain tasks and have them step up more. I know that is easier said than done especially if you have a personality like you do.

Joanne, thanks for the heads up on these scams. Unfortunately there are always those that want to take advantage in tragedies and apparently this era we are in now will be a breeding ground for these people. I pray that you and Dan will get your strength back. I am weak too but without swimming for a month it is taking it's toll so I don't know how much is sickness or just what.

Take care everyone. I know that these times will eventually pass but I pray God will give us all an extra portion of His strength during this difficult time.

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Okay....update! I spoke with my oncologist today and she said that what the nurse told me was general guidelines for all chemo patients. I explained my situation and she suggested that when my husband and step-daughter come home from work, they should enter the house from a separate entrance, one that I will not use. They should take off their shoes and keep them by the door to that entrance. Use hand sanitizer before walking into the house and wipe down or spray Lysol on any surfaces they touch. If they take those precautions, it should be just fine. I should be able to stay at home, without having to move in with my dad. If ANYONE in the house develops a fever, cough, or other sickness symptoms, THEN would be the time to leave and stay with my dad. So....that's the plan for now! I feel better knowing that I can stay at home with my family for the time being.

Happy

Second Taxol infusion today and it was interesting to say the least. Got my pre-meds, got my Herceptin, and then the Taxol. About 5 minutes into the Taxol, my head started buzzing, I literally saw stars and my vision started going in and out. Then, it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and my heart was POUNDING. I could breathe, but I could feel my throat closing, SO scary! The nurses were on it in a flash! They stopped the Taxol and quickly pushed Benadryl and more steroids. They took my blood pressure and it was 194/102!!! And my lower back was killing me. It felt like someone kicked me HARD in the back. About 20 seconds after stopping the Taxol, all those symptoms went away and I felt normal again. I was, however shaking like a leaf. About 10 minutes after the Benadryl and steroids, the shaking stopped. Half an hour later, they took my blood pressure again.....133/72....whew!!! Much better! They started the Taxol again and no further issues.
    The nurse told me that about 60% of patients have a reaction on the second Taxol infusion, so it was totally normal. They said I may or may not have a reaction again on the next infusion, but will get with my oncologist to have her order a higher pre-med dose of the Benadryl and steroids, which should prevent it from happening again.
    What fun!
    Home now and feeling fine. A little sleepy, but that is from waking up so dang early and all the Benadryl. Being lazy for the rest of the day, lying on the couch, watching Little House on the Prairie. If last week is any indication, I should feel okay until the weekend, when the joint pain, muscle aches start to kick in. We shall see.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited March 2020

Blessings upon your night dear sisters, you're all in my prayers.

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Karen, I am glad to hear that you can still stay home albeit with careful precautions. Your treatment sounded very scary and hopefully the next one will be much less dramatic with more preventive meds in place. Glad you had a chance to do nothing today.

Ade, a beautiful sunset. Thanks for sharing. Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited March 2020

Nancy, I’m so sorry you still aren’t feeling well. Maybe you could do a telemedicine call with your doctors office and get an order for a Coronavirus test at a drive thru site and not have to come in contact with anyone. You’ve been sick much too long. Or just a telemedicine for an antibiotic RX.

Etnasgrl, I am in awe of your attitude dealing with this cancer treatment. If I had had that reaction to my chemo years ago, I probably would have had a heart attack from the anxiety of it all. So glad to hear you can stay at home with your family. You really need them right now.

Chris, you need to take Nancy’s advice and ask for help when you’re not feeling well. I also sometimes or a lot of the time feel as if I have to do everything also and it’s very stressful. So I’ve started to ask DH for some help and he’s willing usually but right now, he feels worse than I do. We are really a pair. I’m guessing a lot of you out there reading this feel the same way.

Ade, thank you for the beautiful sunset to end the day. Blessings on your night and everyone’s nights and days. You are all in my prayers. As Joanne said “God help us all”.

Love,

Faith.

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Nancy, how are you feeling today??? I've been thinking of you and praying that you start to feel better. ((((Hugs)))) You are so loved, my dear sister!!

Hug

Heart

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Faith, I'll give it a few more days and see. I had another night of not going to sleep until around 4 so those days just don't help at all. I still have a headache and I think I my sinuses are not draining as they should. I have a cough in the morning but it seems to go away. It is the lungs that concern me and it has been a fleeting thing so I just don't know. I never made an apt with my bs after they canceled on me for my follow up. His office is at Edward's Hospital and I am planning on staying away from all of that for a long time. I don't know what they would do for me in an online visit. I'll wait and see if I get better.

Karen, you are sweet to ask about me with all the things you are going through. I think if I had gotten a good night's sleep I would feel much better but I didn't so................ kind of like a zombie today.

I need to tell my neighbors I need some groceries but I was hoping they would ask first. I hate to bother people but I really do need things that are running low.

I splurged and bought an orchid online from this nursery that I go to out of town that has all of these beautiful orchids. I bought one that is not in bloom yet and that means that after my current ones that are really beautiful now looses their blooms then hopefully this one will be in full bloom much later. I am an avid flower gardener but this year may not happen outside like I usually do. In my stay at home order I have watched many orchid how to videos and have learned alot. Hopefully I will not kill these off!!!

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited March 2020

Nancy, I totally understand your hesitation to avoid medical facilities right now, but don't wait too long. I will pray God gives you wisdom to make the right decision. The last time I noticed the clock before I finally went to sleep last night (this morning?) was 5:00 am so I am joining you in zombie land today. When I did wake up, I discovered I had caught the family cold. Yes, I was only well one month before I caught another cold. My family tried to sanitize and avoid me, but with the quarantine and living in a small condo it was inevitable. I too will try to tough it out and avoid the doctor's office if possible. When I emailed my oncologist (about another issue) there was a note stating that she would be out until April 7th. I hope she doesn't have COVID but she does work in a busy hospital.

I did ask my daughter to fix my lunch and don't plan on doing anything the rest of the day.

Ade, beautiful sunset. The sunset has moved behind the building for the summer so our sunsets will not be quite as beautiful. During the winter we like to stand on the deck and watch the sun slip into the water.

Thinking and praying for you all today.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Chris, I had been praying you would NOT catch anything from your family. I am so sorry you did get it. I am praying it will pass quickly.

I do have an urgent prayer request. One of our pastors has Covid 19 with pneumonia and is in serious condition. His son is also one of our pastors and my prayer is that the Lord would heal this pastor and protect all of his family that has been exposed. The Chicago area is quickly becoming a hot spot now. I am so relieved that the county that my family downstate lives in has NO infections as of today.

Jean, I hope you are staying inside and that you have relatives that can get groceries for you as you reside in NY.

God be with us all in this crisis.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2020

We are self isolating as much as possible and have family nearby and a local supermarket that delivers. Our youngest son and his partner live in NYC. He is teaching from home as NYC schools are closed. His partner works as a trainer for the NYC 311 call in information system so has to go out to work as they are overwhelmed and hiring many new trainees to answer phones. So far none of the family are sick, thank you Jesus. Our church is doing daily bible studies, Sunday service and weekly prayer meetings online which is helping keep us focused. I am reading and praying for you ladies each day. Love, Jean

• ade
    edited March 2020

Nancy, could you at least call your doctor's office and tell them your symptoms and the duration maybe? A lot of times they can call in something for you without even seeing you...especially now. Please don't feel badly about asking your neighbors for help. It is a blessing to be able to help folks out so don't take away their blessing. :o) Many churches in our area are running errands and getting food for the elderly and compromised folks who can't go out - maybe there are folks doing that there? I'm sorry Chicago is getting to be a hot spot. That is concerning. Your orchid photo is amazing! WOW! Glad you have that interest now right at home when you can't get out like you are used to doing. You'll have to share when the new one blooms. I pray the very ill pastor will be healed and his family kept safe from it. Know we are ALL praying you're better soon! Tell Cammie it's her JOB to be Comfort Kittie now.

Karen, what a SCARY reaction! I am thankful the staff is trained in such things and were able to stabilize you. I pray the aches are not too bad and that with rest you can feel better after that. Hopefully that will be a one time thing and you will NOT have another like that!

Joanne, I pray you can rest and heal quickly. Even with a low fever one can feel just awful. My temp always runs low too and it is frustrating when you have what others consider a NORMAL temp but you know you have a fever. I pray it won't last long or get worse.

Chris I am so sorry you caught that cold. I pray you're able to rest and heal quickly. I think the stress of this thing may have all of our immunities weakened. Even the strongest of believers probably aren't breezing through this time.

Faith, it's really tough when you and hubby are BOTH sick! Just do only what you HAVE to do and try to rest and heal. Sometimes we feel the worst and yet WE are the caretakers - it's the mom in us and God made us that way. I pray you are BOTH better soon.

We are TRYING to stay in but it isn't working. A week ago Wednesday we had to go to Fort Stockton for James' tests (16 blood & one urine) but it was evening by the time we got it done on the way home from Midland where his appointment was. We got a call that one blood draw has to be done over again because they send the blood to the lab at 12:30 and there was too much time lapsed on that one. So we HAD to go back again. We got up at 4:30 and were at Walmart when they opened at 7 when few others were there. There were no check out people and they had a big machine running around the store all by itself cleaning the floors! Interesting! We got the blood drawn, got some breakfast (carry out) at McDonalds as James was fasting, and headed home. We are VERY careful keeping distances, washing hands and not touching our faces but this thing is voracious it seems.

I am not feeling well, James is in bed with migraine, Maggie is not eating (VERY unusual for her and I am worried!). She was drinking at least yesterday but something is very wrong. Hoping she can hold on until Monday when the vet opens as we have no emergency vet here. And - our furnace and AC are broken. Our son came in to look at it but we will have to call a repairman ($$$) and get on a waiting list. The temp hit 91 the other day but with windows closed & ceiling fans on we did ok. It will dip into the 30s at night coming up so I will have to bake something in the mornings and let the sunshine in during the days. We are pretty tough, but as with us all - things seem piled on a bit high right now. James' Higher Level Review decision with the VA is due within the next 2 weeks and this is extremely important to our future. Kindly add prayers for God's favor in this please.

We will all get through this - it is only a test. Keep the faith, for HE is faithful. We, like Esther, are here in this time and place in history for a reason and the Lord will see us through.

Blessings upon your weekend dear ladies.

With hugs and prayers for each of you (mentioned or not),

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Jean, I am glad you are all doing okay and have help with grocery deliveries. Thank you for your prayers.

Ade, thank you for your prayers and glad you liked my orchid pic. That is one of my greeting cards that I made recently. I am feeling better today but my sinuses are clogged. If it were normal times I would probably be making an apt with this new ENT that I saw in the past. I had sinus surgery back in the 90's and my gut is telling me that this may be the problem. My lung issues are gone for now and praying it wilkl stay that way. Coughing is better. If they persisted I would be contacting my doctor as I would have more fear of the virus. We have 199 infected in my county but in my Mom's and sisters county it is ZERO. I am so thankful for the zero and praying it stays that way. I am so sorry to hear James is in bed with a migraine and you aren't feeling well, and Maggie is not eating and your furnace and AC are broken. I feel like I am reading a chapter in Job when reading your post. The blood work thing in itself is bad enough having to go back and redo one of the tests. I know this VA decision is huge for you just like it is for my Mom. I will be praying for all of those things you have mentioned.

Hang in there dear sisters. We are all on this wild ride together. I wondered today why I was hearing cars honking. The neighborhood across the street from me has a sign with balloons. I could only make out honk but not sure what they are honking about. Hopefully something positive.

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    edited March 2020

Nancy, I am SO glad that you are feeling a bit better today.....that is an answer to prayer, yay!! So thrilled to hear that the coughing is better and your lung issues are gone, that is WONDERFUL!! I will be praying that your sinus issues follow suite. ((((Hugs))))

Oh goodness Ade.....Nancy is right, it seems like reading a chapter in Job, when reading your post. You have so much on your plate and I know that has to feel incredibly overwhelming and frustrating. I am sorry. While we may not know WHY....we do know The One who does and He is faithful. Many prayers going up for you!

Today, I had to venture out to Walmart. I didn't want to, but we were completely out of meat and a few other things. My 15yr old son is such a blessing! I took him with me and he did EVERYTHING....pushed the cart, grabbed all the items, took care of the bags, etc. I didn't touch a thing and stayed as far away from people as possible. And I even found some toilet paper, yay!!! A miracle, lol!

I hope you ladies have a peaceful and blessed weekend. Much love!

Heart

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Karen, glad you and your son made it to Walmart. Congrats on finding toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you can rest and enjoy the weekend.

My sister, Karen, just texted me that there are two infected in my home town now. I am praying for a bubble of protection around my Mom's supportive living facility which is in a small town outside of my hometown where my sister lives and where I live in my Mom's house when I am downstate.

Love,

Nancy

Isaiah 26:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

• ade
    edited March 2020

AMEN to that scripture, Nancy! Praying the Lord will keep this plague FAR from ALL of our loved ones! Glad you are doing a bit better and I pray your sinuses clear completely soon, as that can be so miserable. Are you going to get your groceries from someone?

Thanking the Lord too for those who prayed for us. James, Maggie and I are better this evening and the weather is going to be mild until whenever we can get out HVAC fixed.

Thankful you get to stay in your home, Karen, and that your Walmart venture was successful - TP and all! :oD

For those of us who order and get shipments to our homes - they say we should leave the boxes outside and only take in contents. After that wash your hands. Then let the contents sit for at least 24 hours before handling them again to make sure the germs are gone. Who would ever think we'd HAVE to become germaphobes? But it is SO important for our stage 4 sisters especially. Praying God's protection over ALL of us and our loved ones.

Love,

Ade

• faith-840
    edited March 2020

Nancy, I'm so glad you're starting to feel better, this is a very scary time to feel sick. I hope some of your neighbors were able to get some groceries for you. I was so grateful our daughter brought us enough to last for awhile. However, I'm going to go online and try to get some things delivered in a week or two. The couple of places I've found are booked up about two weeks out. It's crazy! We did get some TP, DH went to Costco a couple of days ago for just that and was lucky. Now, I'm worried that he's picked up something since he started sneezing tonight. It's probably nothing but I can't help being worried as I'm sure you are when you don't feel well. I will pray for your pastors and especially for a hedge of protection around your Mom's facility.

Ade, so glad you and James are feeling better but I can't believe all that you are going through. I am praying that you have a good outcome with the VA and that your life gets easier.

Chris, I was sorry to hear you have a cold now. I pray it’s nothing more serious.

I’m praying for a hedge of protection around all of us here, those posting and those of you here just reading. We really are a very vulnerable group and I’m scared. I pray continually that I will trust in God as He knows all that we need. I also ask that you pray for an old friend of mine Judy who was in our wedding. She is in the hospital with pneumonia and has no spleen which makes her situation very precarious. I don’t know yet if it’s Covid 19 but I guess it doesn’t matter at this point since she is so sick.

Stay well everyone,

Love, Faith.

• intolight
    edited March 2020

Faith, I will add Judy to my prayer list. Please keep us informed. I am also praying for you that you and your husband get well quick. It is a tough time to have any illness. I am feeling miraculously better today--hopefully that means this was a quick virus. It could also mean God touched me as I know several of you prayed for me.

I pray tomorrow we all find special ways to worship.

• faith-840
    edited March 2020

Chris, thank you for your prayers for my friend Judy. I still don’t know anymore about her. However, I did just get news of my friend’s husband Ray. The biopsy showed a low grade cancer that did not invade the bladder wall so they will be checking him every 4 months and if it grows, will inject Chemo into the bladder. While not the best news, it could have been so much worse.

Thanks also for your prayers for DH and I, he is still not sleeping and my stomach is giving me fits. I think it must be anxiety for me causing this but I’m having a hard time stopping it. I was able to worship online with my parish church this morning and that does help.

I’m so glad to hear you are feeling better. I pray everyone here is feeling well today and that none of us gets this awful virus.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• ade
    edited March 2020

Faith, I pray your DH (and mine!) will be able to sleep and that the Lord will comfort your tummy and grant you peace.

I loved reading this piece this morning and hope it encourages you too.

Love,

Ade

"Me: Okay, God, here's the thing. I'm scared. I'm trying not to be, but I am.

God: I know. Want to talk about it?

Me: Do we need to? I mean, you already know.

God: Let's talk about it anyway... We've done this before.

Me: I know, I just feel like I should be bigger or stronger of something by now.

God: *waiting patiently, unhurried, undistracted, never annoyed.

Me: Okay. So, I'm afraid I'll do everything I can to protect my family and it won't be enough. I'm afraid of someone I love dying. I'm afraid the world won't go back to what it was before. I'm afraid my life is always going to feel a little bit unsettled.

God: Anything else?

Me: EVERYTHING ELSE.

God: Remember how your son woke up the other night and came running down the hall to your bedroom?

Me: Yes.

God: You were still awake, so when you heard him running, you started calling out to him before he even got to you... remember? Do you remember what you called out to him?

Me: I said, "You're okay! You're okay! You're okay! I'm here."

God: Why did you call to him? Why didn't you just wait for him to get to your room?

Me: Because I wanted him to know that I was awake, and I heard him, and he didn't have to be afraid until he reached the end of the dark hallway.

God: Exactly. I hear you, my child. I hear your thoughts racing like feet down the dark hallway. There's an other side to all of this. I'm there already. I've seen the end of it. And I want you to know right here as you walk through it all, you're okay. I haven't gone to sleep, and I won't.

Me: *crying. Can we sit together awhile? Can we just sit here a minute before I go back to facing it all?

God: There's nothing I'd love more."

• faith-840
    edited March 2020

Ade, thanks for your prayers and also for that sweet conversation with God. We just have to keep remembering God is here and always will be.

Love and prayers,

Faith.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Dear sisters,

I wanted to share that our pastor at our church died from the virus which went into pneumonia. I go to a mega church and we have Spanish speaking services that align with our English services and are housed in the same church which is enormous. He was the assistant pastor for the Spanish speaking people. His son is also a pastor and for the English speaking services. I had close contact with the son in February before we really knew how bad this virus was and shook his hand. I was in a prayer service where this pastor that died and our main pastor were leading it. That was in Feb. as well. Our services have not been meeting since March 8 so it is difficult to know how many people may have been affected. I did not go to church at all in March because of my sickness. I would appreciate prayers for his family. The son, one of our pastors as well and his family were living with his parents so they have all been exposed. They are waiting for a memorial service as there will be hundreds and hundreds that will want to be there. We know he is with Jesus now and that gives us joy and hope.

Faith, I am praying for Judy and pray that she will recover. I am glad Ray's condition is not as bad as it could be but still obviously a huge concern. Praying for both you and DH as you wait for his surgery. I can still relate to the insomnia.

Ade, that was a powerful conversation with God. The great thing is because of Jesus we can all have those intimate conversations with the Lord.

My prayer through all of this is that many people would come to the Lord because they know that the things they put their hopes and dreams in can quickly vanish in a day. The Lord is our anchor and he will keep us steady when the waves are crashing up against our boats.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited March 2020

Hello ladies. I've loved reading the posts on this thread. I've been recently diagnosed with recurrent/metastatic breast cancer. I have two scans tomorrow and will see my oncologist. It will be good to have some answers. My faith and that of my husband is strong, and we trust God to see us through however He sees fit.

I've not been sleeping well and last night at around 12:30 I went to try to sleep on the love seat in our den. My back has been hurting and I can't get comfortable in bed. I picked up my phone and started adding to a Playlist I recently created. I love Hillsong, Bethel and Laura Story, so I made a mix of the following songs: It is Well (Live) by Bethel Music; Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United; Still (Live) by Hillsong Live; Perfect Peace by Laura Story; Not Today by Hillsong United; Who You Say I Am (Live by Hillsong Worship; and Another in the Fire (Live) by Hillsong United.

I love the Live versions, because you can hear thousands (?) of people singing their hearts out along with the lead singers. It gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes to hear all of those voices raised in praise to God and His goodness and faithfulness.

I appreciate each one of your stories. Blessings to you all.

• intolight
    edited March 2020

Sunshine, I love your playlist and I know your faith and God will see you through this. Keep us informed of your treatment. Know I have been on Ibrance for metastatic breast cancer for almost four years now and am doing well, so if this is the decision for you, it is totally tolerable.

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear about your pastor. You know how personal this has become for me as I have a son who pastors a church in Missouri, and his wife is a hospital nurse. My prayers are with your congregation.

"Your will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." Isaiah 26:3

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Sunshine, I am very sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis but Chris (Intolight) has shared about her stage four status and we have other ladies in stage 4 who are doing very well. I will pray that you will get a good treatment plan in place and will do well. I LOVE Hillsong United. We have a Hillsong Channel on my cable service and I get to see them perform all the time. I absolutely love Taya Smith who sings Oceans. She is married now and I am not sure if she still goes by Smith but at any rate she and all the Hillsong Worship Team are fantastic. Listen to those words carefully of Not Today. That could be your anthem especially now. We will be praying for you. We have a couple of ladies who are going through treatments and just starting their journey into this cancer world that no one wanted but we have all found ourselves in. Please feel free to post any time for prayer or just to talk. We have a very great group of women here who will encourage you and pray for you.

Chris, thank you. The hard part is we can't all be together to absorb this news. I know for those who have loved ones in hospitals now and can't see their loved ones in their last hours of life has got to be heart wrenching. I know that must be very difficult knowing your son and his wife are on the front lines so to speak. I am praying a bubble of protection around them as I am praying for my family as well.

I hope all the sickness in your household is improving day by day and glad you are feeling much better.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited March 2020
    Nancy, I’m so sorry to hear about your pastor passing away. My prayers are with you and your church family, and your family downstate. I’m sure this is hard for you not to visit your mom as our state is in lockdown or whatever they are calling it now.

Sunshine, I’m sorry for your reason to be here but welcome to our friendly, supportive group. I also have metastatic breast cancer. Mine returned to my lungs 4 years ago after 25 years of remission. I started on Ibrance like Chris, but things have improved to the point that right now I’m stable on Letrozole only. My faith in God is strong and I believe that the prayers of friends here and elsewhere are helping me as they will help you.

Ladies, you know how I have been so worried about DH and his postponed surgery and the meds he’s taking are giving him such awful side effects. Well, tonight he had a call from his doctor that they might be able to do a minor procedure to give him some relief for awhile and eliminate the need for his meds. It has to be approved by Medicare and if so, could happen as soon as Wednesday. I ask for your prayers that if it’s God’s will this will happen. I’m scared of even going near medical facilities right now but he needs relief. He fell going up the steps the other day and he’s had no sleep for weeks.

As always, thank you for all your prayers. Sending love and prayers to everyone.

Faith (in the future)
  • bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

Faith, thank you. I feel for his family who are probably all quarantined because of their exposure so no friends can come over to help them in their time of grief. They are strong Christians and I know that God will minister to them in this awful time.

The hard part concerning my Mom is she doesn't really understand what is going on. I tried to call her tonight and no answer. She forgets to change her hearing aid batteries. I will call tomorrow and I can always call the office to remind her to put new ones in but it is frustrating. This happens alot so I am not worried.

I will definitely be praying for your DH and that Medicare will approve this procedure so he can possibly have it as soon as Wed. Honestly I think doing something now might be better than having to wait. Let us know what is happening.

My alt doctor's office called today and I didn't get to the phone fast enough. He doesn't want me to have blood work at all right now and is wants me to schedule a phone visit with him soon. I am glad he is being cautious. I was supposed to have blood work and my annual with him but that isn't going to happen now. He is in charge of my thyroid meds.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2020

In all the heaviness of what is going on in your own world and in the whole world I am leaving you with a couple of things to make you smile.

a fake dating app Single man with TP seeking single woman with hand sanitizer for some good clean fun.

This famous cat in the video has quite a lot of Instagram and Facebook followers. The neat part is the owner has written a book about Bailey their former cat and used the money for a charity to help prevent child abuse in young children. She is planning on writing another book about Carrot. Whether you are a cat lover or not this will definitely make you smile. This cat lives in the Chicago area.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2110000/Video-Cool-cat-relaxes-getting-pedicure-little-girls.html

Love,

Nancy