Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2020

Jean I pray the Lord grant wisdom regarding your mom-in-law's care. Those decisions are do hard to make. I know in my family we had to make a few but others mercifully, were made for us by the Lord. May everyone be in one accord and have peace.

Nancy I praise the Lord for making you a tough skull! How are your poor fingers? I pray for good news regarding the lesions for the next test too. Thank you for the update - we are all relieved!

Joanne thank you for the Easter service by MWS information. We will try to see if we can get it here. I got to see him and Amy Grant together in concert years ago in Columbus, Ohio - GREAT concert! I saw a post recently that said something like, "The churches will be empty this Resurrection Sunday - But take heart - so is the tomb!"

James' video phone visit went well. Had to drive down the road for good connectivity in the car but all went well. Out of 17 tests only one was not normal. It may be indicative of his having Hep C in the past or Lupus now. She thinks he has Autoinflammatory Disease ( he looked it up and has 3 out of the 4 indicators). She has prescribed 2 new meds (one being the Hydroxychloroquin one and another). Because a pharmaceutical company has taken the quinine bark - a natural plant - and chemically reproduced it (Hydroxychloroquin) - now we have to pay over $500 for the 2 meds and that is WITH Medicare Part D! They can't make the big bucks from Quinine so had to reproduce it. Grrr - rant over! Also she has ordered a genetic test that is also very expensive (of course). We will get it in the mail and then take it to the hospital. I am not sure what that is supposed to tell but we will find out.Next appointment is in 4 weeks. I truly thank the Lord for leading us to this doctor - she is amazing and this gives us hope for a normal life for him. Thank you who have prayed so many times!

Chris, bless your heart! I pray your symptoms are just allergies or something benign and that God will pour His peace upon you in these trying times. I think we ALL have those UH-OH thoughts when a new symptom comes our way. It goes with having fought cancer (and you are still in that big time!) AND now the wretched virus scare. We were born for such a time as this and continue to lift one another up to to the Lord in prayer. The battle belongs to the Lord,, stand still and know that HE is GOD.

Karen, I hope your long infusion went well for you. One more step towards completion and healing!

Faith, how did your hubby's procedure go? He is recovering well I pray.

God bless and keep you all, holding you tight in His love,

Ade

(Last night on the porch)

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2020

Nancy, I'm so glad to hear you're “hard headed" 😉. So relieved that there is no brain bleed, but sorry you are still having the sinus issues. I can sympathize with that as I have lots of problems with mine also. It's not fun, especially with allergy season starting up again. Praying that brain tumor behaves itself.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern for my DH. He had the temporary minor procedure today in the doctors office and was able to go alone so I could keep my “social distance “. He has some pain today but hopefully that will get better soon. This stent will only be good for about 30 days so don't know what will happen after that if he still can't have the actual surgery. Will it get replaced or will he have to go back on the drugs that give him so many problems or hopefully have the real surgery?

Chris, I can so relate to your anxiety about this virus. With allergy season starting up, my throat is sore a lot and it scares me just like every pain I have. Cancer is never out of our minds when we are stage IV. Unfortunately, my daughters, God love them, are so worried about me that theynever stop telling me all the things I should and shouldn't do. Add that to my cabin fever and I just want to go to bed and wake up when this is over. I'm so blessed to have my children's concern but worry isn't good for them either.

Ade, James Doctor's visit sounds like you were given good news and best of all hope that this isn't the awful thing you were so worried about. I'm sorry about the drug cost though. If it's gets to be a real problem for you there are foundations that can help financially. Thank you for that beautiful sunset tonight.

Jean, I will pray for your mother in law and wisdom for the family decisions that will be made.

Wishing everyone a beautiful and blessed Easter as we celebrate in ways so different for most of us this year. It feels so strange for me to be writing this tonight when I am usually in church with the choir for the Holy Thursday services this evening. Watching services online is just not the same but grateful we at least have that.

May the Risen Lord bless us all with good health and keep us and our families safe.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited April 2020

Hi dear sisters,

Joanne, thanks for sharing that Easter service info. I love Michael W. Smith and would love to hear that.

Jean, I am praying that your husbands family will be able to make the hard decision of knowing what to do for your MIL. So difficult. Our family found ourselves in a tough position with my Dad and the Lord had other plans. He took him home while he was still in the hospital baffling everyone including his oncologist.

Chris, I am really praying that this sore throat will just vanish. I know when I started having the lung issues during my sinus infection I was sort of freaking out thinking could it be??????? It passed and I am praying your symptoms will do the same. Praying for peace and victory over all fear.

Ade, I am so glad to hear that you like this doctor and she is giving you hope for James. I am praying that God will meet your financial needs regarding the expensive meds. I am still praying for God to move on he hearts of the VA so he can get much more disability and hopefully 100% benefits. I love your sunset. That lone tree just sets it off!!

Karen, how did your infusion go today?

Faith, I am glad your DH got his procedure done today. Praying he will rest tonight and feel better tomorrow. I do hope he will be able to have the surgery at the end of the 30 days. My doctor surprised me when I asked him if he thought they would be inundated with the Virus patients in May as my apt for my annual is May 1 and he said I don't think so. So maybe that is good news that we are truly flattening the curve here. I just hope people will keep doing the right things to keep it going in the right direction. I know this Easter season feels so strange. I am sure you miss your choir. I miss our choir too. The choir adds so much to the worship. But this new world we are in will eventually end and we can hopefully get back to normal albeit a new normal.

Have a wonderful Easter dear sisters. I am going to share some of my daffodils with you for some Easter flowers.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 716
    edited April 2020

Sharing this from my post in CATHOLICS

This is a reading that I love for Good Friday through Easter. May the darkness of Good Friday pave the way for the revelation of the empty grave and our redemption.

Silence is Not Absence

Jesus is silent on Saturday. The women have anointed his body and placed it in Joseph's tomb. The cadaver of Christ is as mute as the stone which guards it. He spoke much on Friday. He will liberate the slaves of death on Sunday. But on Saturday, Jesus is silent.

So is God. He made himself heard on Friday. He tore the curtains of the temple, opened the graves of the dead, rocked the earth, blocked the sun of the sky, and sacrificed the Son of Heaven. Earth heard much of God on Friday.

Nothing on Saturday. Jesus is silent. God is silent. Saturday is silent.

Easter weekend discussions tend to skip Saturday. Friday and Sunday get the press. The crucifixion and resurrection command our thoughts. But don't ignore Saturday. You have them, too.

Silent Saturdays. The day between the struggle and the solution; the question and the answer; the offered prayer and the answer thereof.

Saturday's silence torments us. Is God angry? Did I disappoint him? God knows Jesus is in the tomb, why doesn't He do something? Or, in your case God knows your career is in the tank, your finances are in the pit, your marriage is in a mess. Why doesn't He act? What are you supposed to do until He does?

You do what Jesus did. Lie still. Stay silent. Trust God. Jesus died with this conviction: "You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay" (Acts 2:27 NIV).

Jesus knew God would not leave him alone in the grave. You need to know, God will not leave you alone with your struggles. His silence is not his absence, inactivity is never apathy. Saturdays have their purpose. They let us feel the full force of God's strength. Had God raised Jesus fifteen minutes after the death of His son, would we have appreciated the act? Were He to solve your problems the second they appear, would you appreciate His strength?

For His reasons, God inserts a Saturday between our Fridays and Sundays. If today is one for you, be patient. As one who endured the silent Saturday wrote: "Be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord" (James 5:7 NKJV).

Max Lucado

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2020

Goldens, thank you for sharing your Catholic reading. I liked it so much I copied it. Yes, I feel like I am in a "Saturday" right now, but Sunday is coming!

Nancy, I am feeling better today...not great but definitely better. Thank you for your prayers. Beautiful pictures.

Ade, loved the sunset.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited April 2020

Thank you for your post, Goldens. Max Lucado's writings have been inspirational and thought-provoking for me. That excerpt does not disappoint.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Dear sisters,

I just finished having communion with our online Good Friday service. I think this is a first for me. God knows my heart and it is all symbolic so my cracker from the drive through and my water sufficed.

Goldens, thank you so much for sharing that powerful message from Max Lucado. We have all been in the Saturdays and sometimes they feel like years but our hope is for our resurrection Sunday. Thank you for posting that. We have Catholics on this thread too. Feel free to post anytime.

Chris, thank you. I am glad you are feeling better and I am continuing to pray that this sore throat takes a hike!!!!!!!!!!

Hershey, thank you for that beautiful banner. I pray that many will come to the Lord for the first time from watching online sermons they may have accidentally stumbled upon, or those who here might be reading and not posting...........searching for answers and feeling hopeless... those maybe checking us out and wondering what does it mean to be a Christian. I hope the love they see as we interactive with each other will be like a magnet drawing them closer to Jesus. There is love here. It is evident I think to all who read here. We are a little online community of believers who really do love each other and pray for one another and rejoice with one another as God answers prayers. Proclaiming God's love in banners and with Scriptures are more powerful than we may ever know.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• etnasgrl
    etnasgrl Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2020

Nancy.....I am so happy to hear that you have a hard head, lol! Good to know that you will be okay and no damage was done, that's such great news!! Make sure to get some rest and take GOOD care of yourself.

Heart

My slow infusion of the Taxol on Thursday went PERFECTLY! Praise Jesus!!! No issues or reactions. I am so, so thankful. God is good and answered my prayers. He is beyond wonderful to me.

• faith-840
    edited April 2020

Goldens, thank you so much for that wonderful reading from Max Lucado. For so many reasons, I really needed that today. I also have copied it. I believe Jesus or His angels must have sent you just to give me that message today. There have been so many stressful things happening all at once, too many to name, but that reading has helped me and I'm sure many others. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Please come back often. This is a wonderful supportive group and I am most grateful for all their prayers and the way each of them lifts us up when we most need it. I have just been so sad knowing I will be missing Easter Sunday mass with my choir of 35 years.

Someone has said here that maybe many people will discover Our Risen Lord again through the online services. I pray that is true. This country and the world needs God more than ever now.

Hershey, thank you for the beautiful Easter Banner and thanks to Nancy for her wonderful daffodils.

Love and prayers for all and Easter Blessings to all

Faith (in the future)

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 716
    edited April 2020

Faith - thank you for your kind words. I have so many inspirational readings. We moved in August of last year to a small town in WI to be closer to our grandkids. But prior to moving, I did prison ministry through our church at a state correctional facility in OH. In fact, for 6 years I was the choir director for the catholic community. What a blessing to work with inmates who believed and walked the Christian life. Yes, they did some wrong things to end up in prison, but through our ministry, we were able to bring Jesus Christ to them on a daily basis, be it through rosary prayer, Mass, choir practice. Sunday nite was choir practice and I always tried to bring a reflection to share b/4 practice. I see you sing as well. Those who sing, pray twice!

A Blessed Easter to all!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Thanks Carol and Karen and all of you for your loving support and prayers. My hard head is still sore!!

Karen, so glad that your long infusion went perfectly. Thank you Lord for answering our prayers.

Faith, how is your DH doing today? I pray that you will have MANY other Easter's singing with your choir knowing it makes you sad missing it this year. This will pass and praying it will happen possibly sooner than we think.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited April 2020

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Dear sisters,

As I was having my time with the Lord I tried to imagine what it was like on that Saturday for the disciples and family and friends and followers of Jesus. The shock, dismay, feeling of betrayal mixed with sadness and disbelief of what had occurred is not all that different from what many people are feeling right now in the midst of this pandemic. Where is God? How could He have allowed this to happen? Are His promises still true? You can add any number of questions to this list. We have probably all asked these same questions at one time or another in our faith walk. I heard a famous pastor trying to answer some of these questions just a few days ago on a news talk show. He said many people are trying to make Earth like Heaven and it is not. We are living in a fallen world not at all like the world we would prefer. He said those people volunteering their time and resources on the front lines in this pandemic is God showing up. That nurse that lovingly held her patient's dying hand as he Facetimed his family in his last seconds of life was God showing up not wanting him to die alone. Those salutes to our heroes in the ER's all over the world treating and loving their patients as best they can is God showing up. I am adding my own words to this pastors but you get the message. One day we will be truly resurrected with Christ and we will live in that perfect world called Heaven. So what do we do in the meantime. We live knowing Sunday will come. We live with the hope that we know as believers where we are going and who we will be with. We can live in the now reflecting Christ in us. We can do the next right thing. We can be that light in the darkness that so many people seeking truth need to see. We can share our faith with all who will listen. We can live and do the right thing when no one is looking. We can love our neighbors who may never darken the door of a church. We may be the closest thing to a church they will ever see. We ARE the church after all. It is not a building. As we celebrate the Risen Savior tomorrow let's act like we have that Resurrection power in us because WE DO. As we celebrate Easter online or by radio or watching a service on TV we need to be thankful for all God has done for us. We need to count our blessings and not all that we have lost these last few weeks. Let this Easter be the most meaningful one you have ever had. That would make Jesus smile for what He did for us.....don't you think?

Love,

Nancy

Ade, I love that sweet and yet powerful banner!!

• faith-840
    edited April 2020

Nancy, all I can say is Amen to your wise and beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing them. Thanks also for thinking of DH. He is doing okay, had a rough couple of days but mostly okay now. Can’t wait to have the final procedure whenever?

Several of my choir friends for the last 35 years are now snow birds and would normally be back by now. We’ve been texting and talking about how much we miss each other and our Easter services. Many of us admitted to crying this weekend. One wise friend pointed out how lucky we are to have so much to miss. It means we have a good life in our families and our parish church. Much to be grateful for even in these dark days.

Love, many prayers and Easter Blessings to all of you.

Faith ( in the Future and our Risen Lord.).

• thisiknow
    thisiknow Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2020

"Happy Easter to everyone!"

Jesus: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Thank you Faith. I am glad your DH is doing better.

Thank you all for your beautiful banners and messages.

I am posting a song which thanks to Ellen inspired me. This is how many churches are having worship. This is how our church did it today. This is not my church however but it does show how even in isolation we can all be together during this time.

Happy Easter everyone. Listen to the words of this Chris Tomlin song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs7Kah6wnY8

Lovve,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited April 2020

Dear friends, once again I need prayers. My daughter has tested positive for COVID-19. She feels ok now but had sore throat, cold symptoms, Fatigue no taste or smell, diarrhea, no cough and no fever. Classic symptoms. She was at our house briefly to bring groceries and now we are worried I might be getting it, since I have a sore throat but nothing else. We are going for testing tomorrow if we can have the strength to wait for hours in a drive through line. I’m afraid our bladders won’t hold out. Please pray for wisdom and strength for us. If I have a mild case that might be good because then I shouldn’t have to worry about getting it again. If it becomes bad, I will need lots of prayers since I have so many underlying issues including BC mets to my lungs. As you can imagine, my anxiety is getting the best of me. I am trying to trust in Jesus.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

OH Faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw your post come through my email. I will definitely be praying for your daughter and for you and DH and for all of her family as well. I imagine you know where to go for testing. Have you contacted your doctor?

Lord Jesus, give Faith and her DH and her daughter and their family peace that passes all understanding. We pray that John 14:27 as earlier posted would be a verse they can hold on to. We asked that you put a shield of protection around them even if they are infected and for her daughter who is infected. We pray that this virus will be mild and that it will not harm any of them in any way. We ask for you to surround them with your love and peace during this time of uncertainly and high anxiety. We also pray that they will be able to get tested without having to wait for an unreasonable amount of time. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Let us know when you find out anything Faith.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2020

Faith, praying for your daughter that she will only have a mild case and will recover quickly. Praying you will either not get sick or that it will be mild yet give you an immunity. Also that God will cover you with His peace. We all need peace in the midst of this storm

• ade
    edited April 2020

Faith - A HUGE AMEN to Nancy's prayer and we will continue to lift you and your whole family up to the Lord for healing, protection and peace.

Teka - we split a can of Spaghettios with meatballs - and it was GOOD! :o)

Nancy and Joanne - WONDERFUL words! Thank you! Yes, I believe the Lord IS working through this trial that is worldwide to bring people to repentance and salvation as the days are getting short. We prayed for a mighty worldwide revival today after our morning Bible study and viewing 2 services online - that Jesus would be lifted up and souls saved - that people everywhere would KNOW that HE IS GOD.

Give thanks with a grateful heart and trust in His love.

HE HAS RISEN!

Ade

• faith-840
    edited April 2020

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I’m really so very grateful as I feel your prayers go straight to God’s ear as you all have such strong faith. All of the sermons and homilies I have heard over the last few days seem to say that this could bring the world together and bring more people to know God. I so pray that is true.

Love, Faith

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited April 2020

Faith, I am praying for you andyour daughter. May you both experience a peaceful sleep tonight as can only come from God.

• BROOKLYN228
    BROOKLYN228 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020

Hi Tresha my name is Nannette and I AM A Catholic Christian And Our Lord Has His Hand on me too I had stage 2 on the left side it was a good size tumor almost the size of a stage 3 back in 2018 I had chemo before surgery I had three rounds out of the four and after that they wanted to give me another set of 12 before my surgery but the Lord intervened and the doctors listen to me and finally gave me a new scan they decided it was 10% smaller 3 days later they gave me another MRI with dye and this time it was half the size I was overjoyed find a miracle that the Lord had provided for me they gave me surgery I had clean margins clean lymph nodes my surgeon put a biozorb in my chest to boost the radiation it was supposed to melt away over a year's time I did not want this foreign object in my body and I refused radiation I had nothing but problems with this implant I have suffered much with severe ibs-c now almost 2 years later after having parasitic infection in my intestines and case of shingles last year I started losing weight like crazy and my hair started falling out I was waking up at night in pain all the time I suspected that biozorb implant was causing problems my body did not want it in there March 12th 2020 my surgeon told me I had cancer again in the same breast this time stage 1 I was going to have another lumpectomy he told me this time I must have radiation I went home and prayed and decided to change it to a mastectomy this was the Lord working in my life because if I had a lumpectomy they would never have been able to get all of that implant out of my chest but with the mastectomy the whole biozorb is gone now and I feel a lot better I'm still suffering with severe constipation that I have had since the very first diagnosis since the very first round of chemo March 1st 2018 but I do not lose faith I pray and I pray and I know the Lord will carry me through and I look for all the little blessings along the way be strong and pray about your situation I will pray for you as well it is so wonderful to see all these good women who love the Lord I am new to this type of thing I do not usually interact on the internet God bless follow your heart

• BROOKLYN228
    BROOKLYN228 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2020

Amen to All of The BEAUTIFUL prayers and Yes many souls will be saved but sadly too many are putting their faith in hand sanitizer and showing their true colors being so GREEDY we are in the end times and He is Coming soon WE MUST all PRAY AND I have been asking Our Lord to restore me to GOOD health SO I can get out there and do Something to help bring Him Souls I AM So happy to have found U ladies GOD Bless And I will Pray 4 U ALL I Hope everyone had a Blessed Easter I Can't Wait for Our Houses of worship to be open again IT scares me The way we are able to Spend money at stores but we can't Worship in our churches

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited April 2020

Dear Faith, I pray there is no evidence of COVID-19 in your or your husband's body. I also pray that the lineup for testing runs smoothly and efficiently and your results are returned to you quickly. May the comfort and peace of Jesus wash over you and your family.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2020

Faith, hubby and I just prayed for you and yours. Brooklyn, I prayed for you also. Please let us know when you are scheduled for the mastectomy so we can be praying. Love, Jean

• etnasgrl
    etnasgrl Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2020

Faith.....
    I know it's scary, but remember, God has got you and He is NOT letting go! Praying that your daughter has a very mild case and heals up quickly. Also praying that you and others in your family test negative! Prayer for peace and comfort as well.
    Nothing is impossible with Jesus and He is in complete control, try to rest in that assurance.

Heart

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Faith, we are all fervently praying for you and your family. This banner is for you and for anyone facing fear today.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited April 2020

Brooklyn - so glad you are with us but sorry for the reason (your health). We lift you up to the Lord for His wisdom, healing and peace. You already have a strong faith in the Lord and that's exactly what this time in history requires of us. I read in two devotionals this morning that when the Lord has us sidelined us (not able to get out and witness etc.) that he is preparing us for ministry ahead. So we must trust Him, learn from Him and "bloom where we're planted". The Lord admonished me to concentrate on my prayer life - it needed improvement. In doing so, I am hearing more clearly from His Spirit. Prayer is SO needed right now so while we're stuck inside it is what we CAN do.

I had constipation too and it was relieved by taking probiotics and increasing my water intake. (Thank You Lord!)

Thank you for posting. Please come back whenever you want. You're very welcome here.

Lord bless and keep you and yours,

Ade

GREAT banner, Nancy!!! We MUST keep our eyes on Jesus!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Welcome Nanette. (Brooklyn) You have been through a lot but it sounds like your faith is strong and has certainly helped you cope with all of it. I am assuming you had your mastectomy recently from what you wrote. I do hope this helps with all of the problems you have had with that implant. Praying that your GI tract will normalize. When that gets upset it makes life hard to deal with. Please feel free to jump in anytime. This is a great bunch of women and we have had a few newcomers post just recently too. We are a mighty force as we join in prayer for one another and just lift up and encourage those who need it. We do like to laugh too so it is not serious all the time!!

Love,

Nancy