Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited April 2020

Joanne I especially love that last line: Blessing above all expectations! Thank you for sharing that!

• etnasgrl
    etnasgrl Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2020

Thank you, dear sisters, so much for your encouragement!
    You are all such a blessing and I am beyond thankful that I joined this little group.

Heart
    I pray that each of you have a peaceful and joy filled day!

• sunshine99
    edited April 2020

I'm trying to find who recently quoted Viktor Frankl, but I can't. At least I think it was on this thread. I have his book somewhere, "Man's Search for Meaning", but I just purchased the Kindle version and am going to get the Audible version, too.

I'm dreaming about missing or forgetting appointments, or completely not understanding what the doctor is telling me. Kind of like the recurring dream of being back in school and realizing as I'm sitting for a final exam that I haven't attended a class all semester and haven't a clue how I got there. I wake up and play my Praise and Worship Playlist. I just can't sing along in the middle of the night and wake my husband! :) Sometimes tears will run down my cheeks when I hear the Live versions of some of the songs and hear thousands of voices lifted up in praise to our God. A teeny, tiny taste of what heaven must be like. As the Jeremy Camp song goes, "I Can Only Imagine"!

Love, hugs and blessings,

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited April 2020

Carol (Sunshine),

I don't think that quote was on this thread. I think we have all had those dreams. I am a retired teacher and I still have dreams of going into a band rehearsal and being totally unprepared or the classic not remembering your locker combination.

That song I Can Only Imagine is very poignant for me. I suggested that this song be played at my nephew's funeral and it was. He died unexpectedly at 36 yrs old. I never hear that song quite the same anymore as I did prior to his death even though it has been ten years ago.

I was a band director and music touches my soul more than anything. I think you listening to your Christian playlists is good medicine for you right now. It is good to let those tears flow. We all have to have a release in our pent up emotions.

Do you have any more news on your treatment plan yet? Let us know how we can pray for you.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

How many of you have had such enormous tasks in front of you that you were completely overwhelmed? Then, you gave that huge burden over to the Lord and you started putting one foot in front of the other with His strength guiding you. Then you looked at this enormous FINISHED task and was in awe and wonder that it was completed with such ease. That is what it is like turning it all over to the Lord.

We are all see that huge boulder in front of us today. Help us to completely give this burden to the Lord today and watch the miracles that He will do for you.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2020

THERE IS HOPE YET for James' VA claim higher lever review!!!!

Just got a letter today from the VA saying they need more info, but we can't decipher it so have forwarded it on to our 'coach' to help us with our response. This means more than you can even imagine for us so please don't stop praying! We have hope once again on this - THANK YOU for praying!

Love,

Ade

• ade
    edited April 2020

P.S. Nancy you probably already know this but you can make a bleach solution or use hydrogen peroxide for disinfecting too. :o)

• sunshine99
    edited April 2020

Nancy, thank you for your encouragement. That must have been so hard to lose your nephew at such young age.

I won't have a treatment plan until I have the biopsy on my spine and my oncologist has the results of the HER2 status.

My husband and I are determined to get through this with trust and joy, knowing that God is good - all the time. The alternative is... well, I guess it's not much of an alternative, right?

(((hugs)))

Carol

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2020

Ade, I am so excited to hear this news. God is able to move every mountain! Praise the Lord!

• ade
    edited April 2020

Thank you Chris!

Carol, may our Lord grant you and your husband the courage, strength, wisdom and peace you need, and guide your doctors and medical team for your healing. you are with a team of praying sisters here who DO understand what you're going through. Keep your eyes upon Jesus.

Hugs,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Carol, you are welcome. We will all certainly be praying for you as you go through your treatments. The waiting is the hard part but once you get a plan in place the apprehension of the journey will not be so daunting.

Ade, I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU AND JAMES. I will continue to press in on this issue in prayer.

Here is one of my new babies in my new orchid growing hobby. I took this today and decided it would make a nice greeting card.

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2020

Praying for you Carol. Thank you Jo and Nancy for your encouraging words. Ade, I've been praying and will continue as this process goes forward. May all here have a blessed day. Love, Jean

• sunshine99
    edited April 2020

Thank you Jean! Joanne, I just Googled that song and listened to it while reading the lyrics you shared. WOW! I love those words - especially, "Sometimes He calms the storm, sometimes He calms me." That's so true and so good to remember. Wishing all of you a day of perfect peace!

Carol

(My mom used to call me "Carol Sunshine" when I was young. What more could I ask for? Do any of you recall singing the song "Brighten the Corner Where You Are"? I remember singing it as a little girl in church and just belting out the words. I still want to "Brighten the Corner" where ever I am...)

• ade
    edited April 2020

Thank you, Jean, Chris, Nancy, Joanne & all for the prayers for James' claim higher level review process!

Nancy - GORGEOUS orchid pix to brighten our day! Your work is amazing!

Joanne, WONDERFUL lyrics to give us encouragement and assurance!

Tomorrow we video chat visit with the rheumatologist for results and hopefully finally get a diagnosis for James' years of fevers. Prayers appreciated please.

This was just too good not to share with you! -

Love,

Ade

https://www.facebook.com/thenormalchristianlife/videos/1502077166636150/

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Dear sisters,

I would appreciate your prayers. I took a nasty fall last night before going to bed and I hit my head on the wall pretty hard. Today I feel like I have been run over by a truck. When I got out of my bath today I thought I was going to black out. I am getting ready to ice my head as it really hurts. I hurt all over but especially the top of my head. I am of course fearful of a concussion. There is NO way I am going to urgent care and will wait to see about calling my doctor.

Joanne, I love the part of the verse in Amazing Grace about God being our shield and portion. I am especially praying for that today.

Ade, thank you. You are always encouraging. I will be praying for your video chat tomorrow. I did watch that video and it brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing testimony if anyone ever doubts that God is not a personal God and can work through many man made obstacles.

Going to ice my head now.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited April 2020

Oh, my dear Nancy, please call your doctor ASAP. Hopefully they can video chat with you! Will be praying for you!

• ade
    edited April 2020

Nancy I am SO sorry!

Lord Jesus, You are our Great Physician and our Healer. I pray that You will touch our sister,Nancy, right now with Your healing power. You created every cell in her body and knew her before You formed her. She is Your precious daughter and You love her and have compassion for her. Please right now heal her and comfort her. This we ask in Your great Name, Amen

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2020

Just a short note to say Nancy, please have your head injury checked out. I have two friends who had head injuries and both ended up having small brain bleeds which can be very serious. One ended with a lot of stoke like symptoms that took a long time to recover from. At least have a video chat with a doctor. You are in my prayers.

Ade I will be praying for your and James video meeting that he finally gets some answers.

My DH is having a minor procedure on Thursday to help his prostate problems temporarily and get off the awful meds until he can have the final procedure. Prayers are much appreciated.

Thank you all for all the wonderful words of prayerand praise from the Bible. I'm most grateful for those who post all of these.

Everyone is in my prayers.

Love,

Faith

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited April 2020

I'm just getting caught up and read your post, Nancy. I agree with Sunshine. Please call your doctor's office or the nurse's line. Someone will be able to assess you for a concussion. They may even have you do a virtual visit. I am praying for your health and comfort in the hours and days ahead.

• etnasgrl
    etnasgrl Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2020

Yes Nancy, PLEASE get that checked out!! Even if it's just a video visit.
    ((((Hugs)))) Praying for you!

• intolight
    edited April 2020

Nancy, how are you feeling this morning? Please, please call the doctor.

I woke up to this promise today...

Psalm 103:2-5 ~ Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's!

May you claim His promises today.

• ade
    edited April 2020

Ladies, it is hard to find antibacterial cleaners but I use this one which is a good size bottle, only $3.49, kills 99% of germs including viruses and smells like mint. It says it's for the bathroom but we use it on everything, including spraying down packages we get in the mail. It is in stock as of a minute ago too!

Nancy we are praying for you!!!!

Hugs,

Ade

https://www.grove.co/catalog/product/method-antibac-bathroom-cleaner/?v=148&attrsrc=22&attrpg=catalog&attrpos=2

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Hi dear sisters,

I called my doctor today and he was working from home and only doing video chats which I didn't realize can only work for them if you have an Apple device which I don't. So we had a phone visit. He ordered a brain CT scan stat. So I just got back from that. I had to have blood work before hand. All the things I did not want to do. They had heavy screening. My temp was 98 and they put a band on my wrist saying what my temp was. I didn't realize that until I just cut it off. That is high for me as my temp is in the 96 range but you can't tell any medical person that you have fever at 98. Anyway they said they would have results in an hour but I doubt if I will get to see that. I see my doctor tomorrow at 2 to talk about the results. My head is quite sore and my pinky and ring finger are NOT happy. Initially I thought I might have broken my finger when I feel. I do know that this box that housed my new pair of boots that I hadn't found a home for yet I smashed to pieces when I fell.

I do appreciate your prayers for me. If I hadn't read all of your pleas that I need to call the doctor I may not have. I will take it easy today as I did yesterday and not do too much to make things worse.

I do know how serious this can be as a friend fell on concrete and had a big brain bleed. When I saw her at Christmas time downstate after having major brain surgery she is still having trouble talking and I saw pictures of all the stitches she had so believe me I understood how these things can go. I am praying that I will be fine. Now if anyone accuses me of being hard headed then hopefully I will have proof of that if the news is all good!!!

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2020

Nancy, I am so glad you were checked out today. I was getting really worried when we didn’t hear more from you. I will be praying that there is nothing bad discovered and that you get the results quickly.

Ade, I hope James interview with the VA doctor went well and you receive some good news.

Praying for everyone here in the holiest season of our year. May God send His Easter Blessings to all and His comfort to all who are suffering.

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Ade, how did your video visit go for James. I have been praying for some solutions and a good outcoome.

Faith, I have been praying for your DH's procedure today and for calm in the midst of the storm as you wait and probably can't be with him at all. Praying for safety for him and for a good outcome.

Karen, praying for your long infusion today. Praying you will have some good distractions as you ice your hands and feet.

I am trying to remain calm before I leave for the doctor's. My bp may be through the roof. I think anyone going into medical facilities now certainly has a heightened degree of anxiety seeing all the medical people with masks in the hallways checking people in.

Today is a Dorothy and Toto flying through the air day. My paper either never came or is a mile down the road now. I hope someone enjoyed reading it.

Take care dear sisters. I really appreciate all of you so much. I will tell you what the news is when I can.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited April 2020

Nancy, praying for your doc visit. Go in peace today.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2020

Okay, it's official. I AM hardheaded. Yes, that means I got good news as far as no injury to my brain. However a couple of my sinus cavities are blocked still which is frustrating. So I 'm obviously relieved. I think knowing the sinuses are still a problem (which is really not news to me) is concerning as I know I am still not feeling normal. I think I have forgot what that feels like. They compared this to what they probably thought was my last MRI of the brain which was in Feb. 2019 BUT that was a mistake. My last MRI of the brain to check on the brain tumor was actually in Aug. of 2019. My doctor did say I need to get that apt in with my neurologist and schedule the next MRI.

Thank you for your prayers. I was trying to figure out who would take care of Cammie if I had to have brain surgery. Even though she is the Diva of the house she still needs me!!!!

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited April 2020

Nancy, I am so relieved at this news. I am sure your sinus issues are not comfortable, but you should be able to relax a little more. Cammie needs you to take care of her needs too, so stay safe.

I am sitting here nervous about feeling a sore throat coming on. Of course immediately I feel all sorts of chest tightening and Covid symptoms even though the last time I went out of the house was last week for my meds and labs and we have all been ultra careful. I don't know anyone near us who has Covid. It is hard enough stressing about feeling cancer symptoms, but now this.. Sending us all prayers.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2020

Great news Nancy. Still prayeling for James and all of us. My husbands mother has a mass on her lung. She is in a nursing home and is 90. Please pray as he, his brother and sister make the right decisions as to treatment or no treatment. Love, Jean

• sunshine99
    edited April 2020

Oh Nancy, I'm so glad you're a hard headed woman! That's good news! Please continue to take care of yourself.

Sunshine