Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited May 2020

Nancy, my mom's apartment is on the end of a building wing too. I've often wondered if there is a benefit to living in that location. I read a couple of articles that proper room ventilation is important to diminish disease risk. Perhaps the end units have more appropriate air circulation.

You are so correct when you say that this virus has no boundaries. The little county where my mom resides has had 5 positive COVID-19 cases. Two of the cases were people working at the local hospital. I shudder to think how many folks they could have potentially infected.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited May 2020

Hershey, my sister just talked to the director of this facility that my Mom is in and the person infected is NOT my Mom's neighbor right next to her. We were relieved about that since this lady has been such a blessing to my Mom. Of course they can't tell us who it is. She did say that once the person returns there will only be one person caring for them and this person will not see the other residents. My sister said in a text they are going to check the residence. I didn't know if she meant residents but I am waiting to hear. My sister got to visit my Mom by sitting on her patio with both of them wearing masks. That probably got more ventilation in my Mom's room in a long time. That is good to know.

My friend that I hadn't heard of for a long time that gets me groceries texted for prayer. Her brother in law is on a ventilator now. I don't know which BIL or where he is but that explains why I haven't heard from her. I just knew something was wrong. I have not heard from my neighbor and I have decided I am going to the grocery store. I can't eat any more carry out because it is affecting my blood pressure. If I go early they don't have this chicken that I eat a lot so I am not sure what I am going to do. I am more scared of going now since hearing about my Mom's facility.

I would appreciate prayers.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited May 2020

Thank you all for your prayers for my last scan. My oncologist called me this morning with news that my cancer has progressed in several places, but especially my liver. So I will be going in for a biopsy to determine my next medicine. I have no other news but was pretty sure this was the reason she wanted to talk with me this morning. I have been a little unsettled all day but am confident in the love of God and that He holds my future in His hands.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited May 2020

Chris, I can’t tell you how sorry I am to hear your news. It’s very possible that what’s showing in your liver could be benign and that’s what we will pray for. There are so many new drugs now, I feel sure there will be one out there that is just right for you and will kick that cancer if that’s what this is. I’m sure our many friends here will be lifting you up to our Dear Healing Lord. I know your faith is strong and that will carry you through this terrible, scary time. My prayers will be constantly with you and may God’s peace comfort you.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

Chris, I posted for you last night and now it is gone. I am so sorry to hear this news. I am praying for a miracle that whatever is in the liver will be nothing serious. I can only imagine how shook up you are. I have known you around three years even though I feel like I have known you for much longer. I know you are a woman of faith and that your strong faith is going to get you through this time. There are all sorts of studies and statistics but I wonder how many studies on miracles and how someones faith defied all odds. Probably not many at least in the medical journals because the medical field doesn't know how to explain the power of prayer and faith in Jesus.

One of my good friends (my grocery runner) I hadn't heard from in a couple of weeks and I just knew something was wrong. She texted me yesterday asking for prayer. Her brother in law was on a ventilator with pneumonia and I am assuming it was the virus even though she didn't say. She texted later to say that he is off the ventilator which she attributes to prayers. He still has sepsis which is still serious but prayers matter. She asked for a grocery list. I had already ventured into the grocery store with my N95 mask. It was pretty scary at first and I did realize that people don't seem to understand what arrows mean!!!

Chris know that we are all here for you and will be diligently praying for you. You are a special lady and we all love you!!!!!!

I had a phone visit with my breast surgeon today. That was my choice and since my scans and ultrasound were fine and I had just had a breast exam in Feb that is why it worked. I waited for 25 min for his call. Our apt was listed as 15 min. It was over in about 6 min. He said with all the other stuff you have going on your breasts are the least of your worries. Which is really true. He saw my chart and the stuff prior to today and the orders for future. I will be having another phone visit tomorrow with my alt doctor and then will have a hand xray and a tailbone xray tomorrow as well. Friday repeat blood work praying my kidney function concern was only dehydration. There is more after that but I am tired of typing. LOL

Faith, how is your DH doing? Is his fever down? Continued prayers for both of you.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

Psalm 23:4 New International Version (NIV)

4 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited May 2020

Chris we are all lifting you in prayer to the Lord. That's not the kind of report one wants to hear but our trust is in the Lord and His loving kindness and power to heal and save. He will hold you close as you trust in Him and you are strong in the Lord. We are here for you with prayers lifted up!

Faith I know how alarming a hubby's high fevers can be! James' ran 102-106 nearly every day for two solid weeks. I had to treat him with alternating aspirin & Ibuprofen every 2 hours or it would spike too high. The doctor hadn't replied to my morning call by the end of the day for that high one so I had to leave James and DRIVE to the office as I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone again, it went to a machine. (I am afraid I wasn't so nice - and the waiting room folks were staring - so they led me back to a room.) Only then did the doctor say to bring him in - no E.R.! So I went home and got James and took him in to be seen. That was the worst one some time ago, but so scary! James has not had a fever in TWO MONTHS!!! PTL! Anyway I know what you are going through and I pray they will just DO the surgery he needs and there be no more infections! Bless your heart I also know this is wearing on you so I pray the Lord will hold you up through this trial.

Nancy & Hershey I can't imagine the fears that run through your minds concerning the care centers. When you feel powerless to change the situation remember that prayers DO change things and the Lord CAN protect your mothers ( and all of our loved ones ). We all pray that for you now.

Nancy I thank the Lord that your scans and ultrasound were ok and that your neighbor's brother-in-law is off the vent. Big reliefs there! I pray your xrays will be ok as well. I'm not sure what the protocol for a fractured coccyx would be - probably sitting on a donut for a while until it heals. Anyway it is the Lord Who knows the problems and He IS our Healer. May He grant healing and pain relief and peace. Those tele-visits are pretty amazing.

We are still awaiting the rheumatologist's assessment of James' genetic testing and it has been a couple of weeks now. Still awaiting the VA Higher Level Review decision too. All in God's time.

James went to the grocery with a mask on as always and said the groceries are limiting meat now. We heard that was coming. He also said that 60% of the folks were not wearing masks. We still feel that we older, compromised folks SHOULD wear them. (I just got a new purple one with butterflies that I ordered. It has a pocket for a filter and came with 3 filters.) We will be at our son's family's house for dinner tomorrow celebrating their middle daughter's 12th birthday. None of them wear masks out, so it makes me a bit nervous but there are no Covid-19 cases in town and they aren't out much anyway so we pray for the best.

We continue to lift one another up to the Lord as the fervent effectual prayer of the righteous man (woman) availeth much!

Ade

• intolight
    edited May 2020

Ade, thank you for your prayers. I am so excited to hear the report of no fevers for James for two months. A real answer to prayer. I will pray that no one in your family is ill and that you are able to celebrate a safe family dinner.

Nancy, I pray your pain is diminishing. One small battle at a time!

Faith, I would love to believe the tumors on my liver are benign, and I am praying they are, but there are ten of them and most of them were not there three months ago. I did not tell you all that I also have new growth in my sternum and my spine which makes it all more serious. My stomach is still in knots from the oncologist phone call. I know God is with me but it is difficult trying to stay happy in front of my granddaughter. I don't want all of this to negatively affect her but I do find myself with less patience with her. I am trying to use this as show her my faith and how faithful God is but sometimes I have to just go in the other room...

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

Ade, that is GREAT news about James not having any fevers for so long. Hopefully that med is working well for him. Are they suspecting he does have Lupus since I know that is a Lupus drug? I know that was one of the possiblities. I pray that all goes well with your family celebration with NO issues because of no masks for some. I went out with my camera as I really needed a mental health day. This is the first I have been outside with my camera (besides my yard) since Dec. I wore a mask and when I was traipsing in the woods I saw no one. However when I found another entrance to this place there were quite a few people and I had my mask on and everyone looked at me as if this was something unusual. This is an out of town place and not considered a suburb of Chicago. When I went to the grocery store this week in town everyone had masks on. Unfortunately my friends brother in law died. I was shocked and I feel so badly for his wife that had to have been on an emotional roller coaster once he was taken off the ventilator and they were hopeful. He had sepsis and just had too much stacked against him.

Chris, I know that the Lord will see you through this. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. You are only being human when you are feeling impatient with your grand daughter. Goodness you need time to process all of this news and you don't have the private space as you probably need right now. We are all here for you and will definitely be lifting you up in prayer. My previous post for you disappeared but I did write more for you after that.

I have not heard anything about my Mom's Covid 19 test. I haven't been able to reach her for three days and it is making me crazy. I finally got her to answer the phone and she couldn't hear one word and hung up. I already called the facility yesterday and they said they would have her call me. Well that didn't happen and she could have forgot or they did.

I got my xray results back. I am a little miffed that my doctors response to me was kind of like nothing is broken so you are okay when that is not what the report said. I can't even remember at all the long and strange words of what I do have though. I didn't mention this pain to him that I have had in my groin area off and on for several years. They found out what that is but that I had not even mentioned that. After walking over downed trees in the woods today my hand and my tailbone are hurting more than ever. My alt doctor was quite upset when I told him my PT therapist wasn't very flexible when it came to my ongoing pain issues. He said well you can tell her that your doctor said ................................ I haven't resumed PT but I think I am going to go back to my old exercises which were more stretching and see if this tailbone pain lessens. I told him that this nursing home by me has now 80 infected and 11 deaths as of last Sunday. I said should i be concerned. He said that makes you at greater risk. That made me uneasy. The paramedics were there again last night. I drove by this facility last night and there was a resident in a wheelchair outside. I was appalled. I thought all facilities in our area had the residents locked down in their rooms. He said the virus can last in the air for four hours. We have all heard about the large droplets falling to the ground if someone coughs or speaks but I heard an expert on the news last night saying it is the small droplets that are the killers and can get deep into the lungs. I think when it is said and done they will have discovered that this virus travels through the air much more dangerously than we have been led to believe. So please be careful everyone. Be diligent and don't let down your guard.

I have my repeat bloodwork tomorrow and have been drinking enough water to float away so if it was dehydration that was the culprit on the kidney function tests then hopefully it will improve.

Take care dear sisters.

Faith praying for you and DH.

Karen, did you have an infusion today?

Victoria and Carol how are you doing?

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited May 2020

Chris, I know how scared you must be with this new evidence of spread of the cancer but as we have read on the Ibrance forum, there are lots of ways to treat this and once you have a new treatment plan in place, some of your fears will recede. It's only natural to feel short tempered at this time, it's so stressful. Be kind to yourself and don't worry about the others right now. Let them take care of you. I'm sure your granddaughter will be okay when she sees your strength and belief in God. Your faith is strong and God will help you through this. My prayers are always with you.

Ade, I can't imagine how stressful it has been living with James fevers for so long, but I'm so happy to hear he's been free of them for awhile now. I pray that continues. DH was given a new medication and that seems to be taking care of the infection that we believe he's had for a long time. I keep praying that he gets that surgery very soon but I'm losing hope. Our governor seems to want to lock us down even longer. I think he's waiting for the federal government to give the state lots more money and also make things so bad here that the people will vote for a tax increase. This state has been badly mismanaged for years, and now he doesn't want a crisis to go to waste if he can get a bailout. Sorry, for the rant but people's lives are being ruined and many will never recover. It's so frustrating.

Nancy, I'm praying that your kidney test tomorrow is good. I also had an issue with being dehydrated and my kidney function was not good, however drinking lots of water took care of the problem. I'm sorry that you're not getting any information about your mom's COVID-19 test. That must be an awful worry added to everything else and the pains you're having. I pray we can both get back to PT soon. I'm sure we bothreally need it.

Sleep well everyone and know our Dear Lord is watching over us. Today was National Prayer Day and there was a ceremony in the Rose Garden. It was beautiful with clergy from many different faiths praying for an end to this pandemic. The highlight for me was at the end when a small black choir sang “Total Praise". That is one of my most favorite songs that our choir sings. It brought tears to my eyes to sing praise to God for an end to this awful time we are living in. The ceremony was televised on Fox News about 3:00 CDT, if you have anyway of finding it online, I strongly recommend it. It was beautiful!

I’m editing this to add, I just remembered that a friend said she found it on NBC news on YouTube

Love and prayers to all,

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phBXe4RN3t8

Faith, I think this is the song you meant. A different group I imagine. It is a great song and the words are very comforting.

• faith-840
    edited May 2020

Nancy, yes that’s the song that was sung yesterday at the National Prayer Day Service but by a much smaller black choir. It’s beautiful no matter who sings it and will always be a favorite of mine. I’m so grateful that one of our previous directors taught us this song. It was a real gift to us. Thank you for the link. If anyone has never heard it, I urge you to listen and be uplifted.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• intolight
    edited May 2020

Faith, yes, "Total Praise" is one of my favorites. I so miss corporate choir worship. I worship alone at home when I can, but it is not the same.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

Faith and Chris, we sing that in our church and it is a very powerful moment every time we do.

I went out yesterday and found a new preserve (to me) and found glorious bluebells. If you would like me to post some pictures I will be glad to. I am going out again today to get more pics.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend even though it will probably look alot different than you are used to.
    Love,
    Nancy

Isaiah 41:13 New International Version (NIV)

13 For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
    and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.

• intolight
    edited May 2020

Thanks Nancy. Always love your pictures and will look forward to seeing them! My son and family (with three grandsons) are still planning on coming out for our anniversary the middle of next month. That will be a belated best Mother's Day for me and Father's Day for DH. It might be a bit challenging, but hopefully stores will be stocked better. We can do it. We can always just stay here and swim in our pool everyday. Hopefully the beach will also be open finally.

• faith-840
    edited May 2020

“Total Praise” is always beautiful to me, but it’s also very emotional since my dear friend Rosemary who died almost 2 years ago had it sung at her funeral. Chris, you are so right, that trying to worship at home is just not the same. I’m sure you are really looking forward to your son’s family visit. It should be wonderful. I just don’t know when we will get to see much of our family with this social distancing still here in Illinois. Our son and DDIL stop over with groceries on occasion but stand outside and we talk for a few minutes with the door open. Our DD hasn’t been here since the day she dropped off groceries and also tested positive for COVID-19. Luckily she’s fine now but her daughters are the nurses in Chicago and go home occasionally on breaks from the hospital, so we haven’t seen any of them for fear of spread. Our other two children live in Ohio and Idaho so who knows when we will see them. Mother’s Day feels like it will be sad this year.

Nancy, I would love to see some of your pictures from the forest preserve of the bluebells. I hope the cold last night didn’t hurt them but tonight’s freeze might do them in. Hope you got some good pictures today.

Hope all the mothers here will have a good Mother’s Day weekend somehow in the midst of this terrible pandemic. Praying for everyone here including those who mostly just read and don’t post. I can understand why sometimes.

Love and prayers,

Faith. (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

The temperature today felt like we are going backwards in time. Tonight we are to have a freeze. I had hoped to visit several preserves and get photos of the Bluebells but I am not sure what hard freeze will do to them. I did go out today and it was cold and I didn't think the bluebells looked as good but I did find a warbler that was mentioned in our paper recently. I was thrilled to get that one.

Here are a few pics of the Bluebells , the Full moon last night and this Blackburnian Male Warbler or at least I think that is what it is. I think this is a migratory bird. I had never seen one before until a picture in the paper just a few days ago.

These bluebell pics don't really do justice to what I was seeing. It was massive carpeted bluebells on the forest floor. Truly amazing to see in person.

Have a great weekend dear sisters. Thank you for indulging me.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    edited May 2020

All beautiful pictures Nancy. What a great hobby you have to distract you from all the cares of this world. I imagine the bluebells were stunning.

Sleep well! Have a good weekend.

Faith

• intolight
    edited May 2020

Nancy, those are amazing pictures. You have great talent.

Faith, we are still tentative about my son's visit. Leaving Missouri for him is not an issue but we are a little unsure what San Diego will be like. They are slowly opening things here..there were finally boats on the bay today. Even boats are only allowed to have the family who live in the same home. My son from New York is not even going to try to come out for a long time. He lives north of the city but is extra cautious.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

Thank you Faith and Chris. I really am truly blessed that God gave me this passion for photography because of my beautiful swan family during my treatments and then afterwards after getting pictures of them.

Here is a different twist on a passage of scripture most of us know and probably by heart. This is my photography scripture in a different version.

I am going to this same preserve again today and praying the Bluebells didn't get zapped by the hard freeze.

It looks like a great day here with the sun shining even though it is cold for this time of year.

Enjoy your Mother's Day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Romans 8:28 The Message (MSG)

26-28 Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

This is worth a listen. I saw her on her farewell tour right here in town three years ago I think it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ3H3lg9NZM

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

• ade
    edited May 2020

Same scripture as Nancy's but it fits! MAMA'S DAY BLESSINGS TO YOU MOMS AND THE MAMAS IN YOUR FAMILY & FUR BABY MOMS TOO!

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

I think many of us can relate to this prayer. Praying for you all today as so many are facing such difficult journeys.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited May 2020

The Total Praise song is just what we need. Thank you for sharing that. I put it on my Facebook wall.

On Monday Maggie was put to sleep to have teeth cleaned, lots of shots and several other procedures. She did just fine though they had to put her off until the end of the day since they had some emergencies. She turned ten yesterday so was treated with canned food ( also as her gums were probably still sore), then today the 3 of us ran through McD's for a cheap hamburger and headed to the park for a little picnic. Our little park actually has GREEN GRASS and LARGE TREES and is well cared for. We found a picnic table in the cool shade and then James and Maggie walked the soft grass for a while. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. I hadn't realized how much I missed things like that, with only going out to mail my shipments at the USPS drive by mailbox. Thank the Lord for special times when you can just forget about all of today's cares and worries and have some real peace. We ALL need that!

Nancy, can they give you anything that can relieve your pain...therapy or something (I know you can't take most pain meds but there has to be SOMEthing to help you.) Did your other kidney test turn out ok since you were hydrated? Do you have your mom's test back yet for the virus? May the Lord keep her safe, now that her building has the virus. Anymore word from the VA? (We haven't any news on our end but I check everyday online.)

Chris and Faith how are you doing? I am praying for your concerns with love.

Are you all wearing masks? Places are beginning to open up here and fewer are wearing masks now - but we are. It just isn't worth the risk. If we older and compromised folks need to stay in more still and wear these hot masks, so be it.

My friend from another town had some SERIOUS chest pain going into her jaw with shortness of breath so they met the squad half an hour from their home. Her young son and husband were not allowed in with her and had to stay the night in their truck while she was in the E.R. getting some tests. And they sent her HOME without even seeing a doctor! Told her to see her own doctor! She ended up doing the same thing again at another hospital this time and the same thing happened! They said she needs a catheritization for correct diagnosis - but get this - they aren't doing them because they are "NON ESSENTIAL"!!! It is now three weeks later and she is STILL having shortness of breath and crushing chest pain! She has a "virtual" cardiologist appointment now. Since when are heart attacks non-essential when the hospitals are nearly empty and laying off staff???? Her name is Stacey (a believer) and she could use your prayers as well as her young son and her husband. I also read about a 26 year old woman who died in childbirth (alone, without her husband) from something, had it not been for the virus, that COULD have been treated. We need to pray for COMMON SENSE for those making decisions don't we.

May God grant you all His healing and protection and peace,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

Hi Ade,

My heart sank when I read the first few words of your post thinking Maggie was put to sleep. Then relieved to read the rest of the sentence. It sounds like you all had a wonderful picnic.

I had a lot of medical apts and xrays last week and more blood work. I was a little miffed that my fairly new doctor wrote a very brief message to me giving me the results of the xrays. Nothing broke or fractured in hand or tailbone but nothing to remedy the situation either. There is another situation which I am not sure if I have mentioned or not. An area of inflammation showed up on the tailbone xrays which included areas around the tailbone as well. It basically means that I could have lower abdominal pain or groin pain which I have had. When I asked him what could be done he said it is going to take a long time to heal. He said we could do further xrays and revaluate. I repeated the kidney function tests and they improved but apparently not to his liking because when I see him for a blood pressure check in three months he wants to repeat that blood work again. I contacted him to tell him I had developed ear pain as well. He suggested an oral antihistamine which I can't tolerate but I already take a nose spray antihistamine. He suggested Flonase which I bought and that is helping but he mentioned I should see an ENT. I tried to get in to my new ENT but it was going to be almost three weeks to get in. I talked to a nurse and she said I could get in with one of his associates which I will see on Friday. If I had to have surgery I would want the original doctor as he is tops in this town and I really know nothing of this other young doctor except that he has very good reviews online.

I am extremely worried about my Mom. The good news is no one at her facility including the staff tested has the virus including the person that had it. I am not sure if this person is back from the hospital yet though. I was very upset on Mother's Day. I could not reach my Mom the whole week before and one of the CNA's told me to call on Mother's Day and I could use her phone to talk to my Mom. She said she may not be able to hear you but you can hear her and know she is okay. So I called at 8pm knowing my Mom has always been a night owl like I am and she just is mentally more alert then, When I called they said she is in bed sound asleep and snoring. I was shocked. I said is she sick or is she in bed for the night, They said she is in bed for the night. She said she was not feeling well. They have started her on an appetite stimulant which my sister and i didn't want to do several months ago. She was not wanting to eat at all and only drink Ensure. I asked this CNA if she usually goes to bed at 8 and she said half of the time. That really made me concerned because that is not like her at all. I know these drugs have alot of adverse side effects.

My sister took her hearing aides and will have them cleaned and checked out so that is going to take more time. My communication with her has been sketchy at best so it has been extremely frustrating and worrisome not really knowing what is going on. There is a new young nurse who is the head nurse at the facility and she has been very proactive which is good and so my sister took my Mom to the doctor regarding all the stomach aches she has been having, Do I know what happened there. NO. I felt bad physically on Mother's Day and the next day and felt much better yesterday so went out and got more pictures. I have to get some exercise and my photography is always good therapy for me.

So that is the long story. The crazy thing is that my PT aggravated all of these tailbone and surrounding area issues and I am still on hold with that. I know what will happen when I resume and it will just cause more tailbone pain. I don't think my therapist ever really appreciated how miserable I was during all that time.

Joanne, thank you for that banner. I have been giving my Mom to the Lord over and over again. It is out of my control as so many other things are now for all of us.

Take care dear sisters.

I will have to share some more photos with you later.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2020

Thanks Joanne. Once I can talk to my Mom I will feel much better. It is so terribly frustrating and then not getting clear answers from my sister regarding the hearing aides. My Mom is on a new appetite stimulant and I am concerned if she is not feeling well from that. We did not want to put her on one because of the side effects but I think the nurse at the facility talked with my Mom's doctor and he wants her on it so it was ordered without my sister realizing it.

I fell down a flight of concrete stairs at this Christian School I was teaching at in the 70's. I bruised my tailbone at that time and it did take a long time to heal. This has been more than the tailbone as my special donut pillow really didn't help because the areas around the tailbone were also inflamed. I have been dealing with this a long time and my walking a week or so ago started the tailbone pain again. I have been doing a whole different back exercise routine and eliminating those I felt were making things worse. Time will tell.

Chris, you have been on my mind and heart after hearing of your scan results. How are you doing? I wish I could take all of this away for you. Know you are thought about and prayed for continually.

Faith, any news on the green light for your DH's surgery?

Karen, how are your infusions going? I know you are closer to the end than the beginning of treatments so hopefully as you tick off each one you will be close to the finish line soon.

Take care dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited May 2020

I apologize if I posted this already, but I woke up the other morning with the hymn “Great is Thy Faithfulness” going through my head. I guess it’s worth repeating if I already shared that. Have a good Friday everyone.

• intolight
    edited May 2020

Thank you for the banners everyone. I hold on to the truth of God's faithfulness and love.

I nervously await the decision whether I am a good candidate for a liver biopsy so we can more closely pinpoint my next medicines since my current one has failed. I had the ultrasound Friday and now I wait for a biopsy date. In the meantime, my son and family are coming out to San Diego the middle of June still believing they will be able to fly and rent their AirBnB and see me. The week after that my new siblings plan on coming out from Arizona for our first meeting. They are picking up my Auntie on the way so she can visit me and her 94 year-old sister who is in an assisted living home not too far from me. So life is moving forward and God continues with His blessings.

Nancy, I continue to pray for a miraculous relief of pain for you and that you will soon be able to connect with your mom. Ade, I pray for the answer to your VA issues, and for Faith, Jo, and the rest of you that God will make your paths straight and your answers to prayer glorious.

It seems like the young people who live near the beach in San Diego have decided to ignore Covid and are partying in their homes since we can hear the noise all around us tonight. My DH told me someone broke down the barriers and ignored all the signs not to walk on the Boardwalks. I only hope this doesn't increase Covid case and death statistics and anger authorities enough to lock everything down tighter. There are way too many people ignoring the restrictions for police to handle here.

Stay safe. Chris

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited May 2020

JO-5, I don't know why, but seeing the words to the song, "Because He Lives" brought tears to my eyes. I don't hear it sung anymore, but I sure did as a kid. I always loved it. It felt so... I guess "powerful" would be the best word to describe it.

IntoLight, I'm sorry you're having to deal with the beach crowd partying and ignoring the safeguards that have been put in place. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your family. How will you handle the social distancing? My sister and maybe my dad are coming down for a visit and I'm wondering how we'll handle that. I will be praying for your liver biopsy

I have a playlist on my phone that I usually listen to as I go to sleep each night. Powerful and comforting songs by Hillsong United, Bethel and Laura Story. I think the entire playlist is about 46 minutes and I often fall asleep before all the songs are finished. Here are the songs:

It is Well (Bethel Music & Kristine DiMarco)
    Oceans (Hillsong United)
    Still (Hillsong Live)
    Perfect Peace (Laura Story)
    Not Today (Hilsong United)
    Who You Say I Am (Hillsong Worship)
    Another in the Fire (Hillsong United)
    Blessings (Laura Story)

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Carol