Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited May 2020

I found this online today regarding the nursing homes car parade. I didn't realize a church was involved as well.

May 28, 2020, Naperville, IL – Naperville Covenant Church joins family & friends in Car Parade at Alden Estates of Naperville

Nearly 85 cars, including a dozen from Naperville Covenant Church, decorated in red, white and blue drove by Alden Estates of Naperville on May 27 to show their love and support during the coronavirus pandemic lockdown. Balloons, flags and signs were displayed as the cars "paraded" past 50 residents and 55 staff members lined up along Alden's front drive.
    Many of the attendees in cars were family and friends of Alden residents. Signs such as "My Grandma is the Best" and "Love to Tom" were waved out of car windows and atop sunroofs for the residents to see. "We're all sobbing here. This is really nice for families to visit their loved one. It's so precious," said Ella, an Alden activities staff member.
    "I'm enjoying being outside. All the people, cars and horns giving us support is really nice. I've tested positive twice for COVID-19 and have recovered, so it feels good to be out here," shared Pat, an Alden resident.
    Members of Naperville Covenant Church (NECC) joined in the car parade as well. NECC has been conducting Sunday morning services since 1996 at the senior living facility, as well as hosting holiday parties and summer functions for the residents and their families. David Sladkey, Naperville Covenant Church Executive Board Chairman and member of NECC's Alden Sunday morning team said, "This is healing to be here with the residents after not being able to see them since March 8th when we had our last church service here. I was just weeping under my mask. It felt good to be able to 'do' something. We are so grateful to Alden Estates of Naperville for allowing us to join in the car parade."
    Denielle, an Alden staff member said, "The car parade at Alden today was an enthusiastic and moving event for residents, families of the residents, church supporters and all the staff."
    Alden Estates of Naperville has been particularly hard hit with COVID-19, where there have been 87 cases and sadly 21 deaths from the virus. Like most senior living facilities, visitation to residents has been discontinued since mid-March. Research shows that lack of contact with loved ones is particularly painful for seniors, and so NECC was thrilled to join family members and friends in showing Alden residents that they have not been forgotten or dismissed. Signs expressing appreciation to the staff were also displayed.
    "Our congregation remains dedicated to the Alden community," said NECC Pastor Leslie X Sanders. "Even in the midst of this pandemic, we hope that the residents and workers know that we care deeply for them. I hope that our participation in the car parade can give just a glimpse of hope and serve as a reminder of God's love for each of them."

I am in tears again just reading this.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited May 2020

Nancy, what a beautiful write up and their actions certainly glorified the Lord! So glad you, in your special way, were blessed to have a part in it. I fully understand why you couldn't share a photo. Our daughter is a professional photographer and I knew that - just forgot. Oh that something like that could happen at your mom's facility! I have seen where loved ones can visit through window glass. Is that anything possible with your mom? I love when churches adopt nursing homes. As a child I LOVED Christmas caroling for them. Their faces just beamed. Sweet memories I will never forget. Daughter Emily used to take my previous Airedale, Meggie, to the nursing homes as Meggie was a certified therapy dog. Em tells sweet stories of their encounters.

Chris, bless your heart for asking about (and praying for) me when YOU have SOOO much going on. I won't air my pains and woes since so many of you are so much worse off than I. The Lord knows it all anyway and I am ok with that. Bless you - I am continuing to lift you up to the Lord.

We are actually going out to eat with friends tonight - if we can find a place open to dining in. Things are opening up more here as there have been NO cases in our town - praise the LORD!

Nancy thanks again for sharing that beautiful story with us!

Praying for all of you with love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Ade, Thank you. Actually my Mom's facility did have a drive through parade. I have been left out of the loop on quite a few things lately. My Mom was in bed when it happened. Things are not good for my Mom and strained relationships as a result. It has been a hurtful weekend. I am glad you got to go out to eat. That has to feel good.

I will be traveling downstate in the near future but I want the rioting to subside and I am having a new AC unit installed before I go. Still haven't been able to talk to my Mom. She can't hear her NEW phone ring. It is a hearing aide issue which my sister will hopefully deal with this week.

I really need your prayers as I really hit a big low this weekend. On Sunday I woke up to crushing chest pain and upper arm pain. I had done some trimming with electric clippers the day before. I knew muscle pain couldn't happen that fast. I went back and forth regarding calling 911. I took a Tylenol and apparently went back to sleep and woke up feeling exhausted but the pain was not there. Then I toyed with the idea of going to urgent care to have cardiac tests and didn't do that either. I pretty much rested the whole day.

Today other than a bad headache I am doing okay.

Take care dear sisters. This is a tough time for our country dealing with two emergencies at the same time.

Love,

Nancy

Isaiah 41:13 New International Version (NIV)

13 For I am the Lord your God
    who takes hold of your right hand
    and says to you, Do not fear;
    I will help you.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited June 2020

Father, we lift up our dear sister Nancy in prayer today. Please surround her with your love and peace. Touch her body and remove the pain and fear that comes with her chest pains, and make clear whether she needs the assistance of medical help. I pray for our country. Please send our leaders wisdom to handle both the quarantine and the rioting. Protect those who serve us by maintaining our peace both here and abroad. We humble ourselves before you asking for a return to reason and peace. Protect our loved ones today. In your Holy Name, Amen.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Thank you Chris. I appreciate your prayers. I got a text today from my sister. It was 2pm and she had gone to visit my Mom through her patio door and she was in bed. She was able to talk to her through the bedroom window and my Mom said all she wanted to do was sleep.

I had researched this fairly new appetite stimulant that she has been on since she is basically not eating her food but drinking Ensure and cookies. I was alarmed when my sister said they had a drive through parade at my Mom's facility and she was in bed when it was happening. I wondered if this new med could be causing her tiredness and I read that if the patient has unusual tiredness to call your doctor right away. I told my sister this today and she contacted the nurse even though she had already left the facility. Since we both have POA for our Mom the nurse said she would stop this new med.

I have an important apt tomorrow and I am to meet with the AC guy on Wed regarding installing a new unit in my home. Now with this news of my Mom I am really torn as to what to do. There has been rioting and protesting and burning in my hometown and my sister said there was a march of 1000 protesters going on just an hour ago. It is not safe to travel with all the unrest going on. Please pray for me. I need wisdom in knowing if and when I should leave for downstate to try to see my Mom.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2020

Nancy, I’m so sorry you are dealing with this pain and so much in regard to your mom. I’m praying for you. More worries, Now, right here in our hometown, there are protesters downtown with looting and a large police presence and a swat team at the Walgreens. Lots of buildings are boarded up and I had to cancel my long awaited haircut today. Can’t believe this chaos has come to our formally quiet town. Apparently, they are outside protesters coming to start trouble after the 9pm curfew went into effect.

Please everyone pray for our little city and our country. This is a terrible and scary time. We need to pray that God destroys the devil in our midst.

Love and prayers,

Faith

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Thank you Faith. I got a call tonight telling us about the 9pm curfew and I didn't realize there were protesters downtown at the time. That calm protest turned ugly apparently. I made a late night run to Walgreens and found them closed before 9pm. so I think many businesses that were open were told to close to be safe.

This whole thing has been so surreal going from one dangerous situation to a more frightening one if that is even possible. When I throw in my Mom's tenuous condition it really is a lot to deal with not knowing when it will be safe to leave for downstate. We have used our POA to take our Mom off of this med which was doing no good and only causing terrible side effects. I am praying that my Mom will rally once this is out of her system. We know that she will not be able to survive for long because malnutrition will more than likely be her demise. She has convinced herself that she doesn't like most foods and in her demented mind we cannot convince her otherwise. This has been a battle since she entered this facility but it has gotten really bad now.

How is your DH doing? I am praying that this will solve all of his problems and that he can recover from the surgery quickly. Once he is doing much better I am praying that your anxiety level will go way down.

Have a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2020

Chris, AMEN to your prayer! And I add that the Lord grant Nancy His peace and wisdom for travel to her mom's, healing for the scary symptoms, that her mom perk up, thrive, and have some happiness in her life, and that HE grant all of us healing, peace and safety in this world of turmoil right now.

TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART

AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING.

ACKNOWLEDGE HIM IN ALL YOUR WAYS

AND HE SHALL MAKE STRAIGHT YOUR PATH.

Pr. 3:5,6 (One of my favorite "go to" scriptures!)

Prayers for ALL of you, with love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Ade thank you.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for me. I have had much peace today which is a total turn around from yesterday being so worried my Mom was going to pass before I got there. I know this was answered prayers.

I had an eye apt which was long overdue today and it was in downtown Naperville where a protest last night turned ugly. The bldg that I went to had all windows boarded up and my doctor took home the server and moved any equipment in another room in case something did happen. Another doctor was coming in carrying a big load of files. They apparently as a precaution took important files home last night. I never ever considered what this kind of damage could do to a doctor's office. As I was leaving they were boarding up the doors I came through. Many of the businesses were boarded up as a precaution and about ten business were damaged. I would have never thought in a million years this would happen in this town. We have been voted in the past as one of the Most Kid Friendly Towns and One of the Safest Towns and One of the Best Places to Live. My eye doctor showed me pictures of a Home Depot on the south side of Chicago that one of his friends owns. It was completely gutted.

I would never have thought that in a day Covid 19 would become yesterday's news.

I have another apt tomorrow and then will decide when I will leave for my Mom's. I want her to have a few days to get this medicine out of her system that I think was causing her to feel so awful and tired. I have to decide how fast I want this AC installed. I know God has this. I just need to rest in Him and know He will give me what I need. When my Dad died I was at my Mom's at the time and the hospital called and said we needed to come now. When we got there my Dad was totally unresponsive but still alive. He died while we were there and I never did get to say my last words to Him but I was there. I am not sure I will be able to be with my Mom if the lock down persists. That is why it is so important for me to just be able to talk with her. That is my prayer that this will come to pass.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited June 2020

Nancy, so sorry your town is struggling. Seems the entire USA is over-stressed and reacting poorly from the quarantine and recent fears. Glad you are safe. Praying it becomes safe enough for you to visit your mom soon.

I just returned from the MO office and I will be leaving Ibrance/Femara for Xeloda. She is allowing me to take a couple weeks off all meds so my body can "rest" and I can enjoy the visit from my grandkids next week. This is ok as my cancer is a slow grower. It was great to spend 25 minutes with her and have lots of attention from an almost empty office. I am taking a break from not only meds but this site once family arrives, although I will remember you in my daily prayers as always. A break is probably a good thing as my stress and blood pressure are elevated with everything that is happening right now. God bless you all! Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Chris, I am glad you had a good visit with your MO and now have a plan of action moving forward. I am a little familiar with Xeloda as one of our sisters from this thread was on it several years ago. I certainly understand you wanting to take a break from everything so you can fully give attention to your family when they all arrive. When are they all coming in? We are all praying for you and I pray that you will have an awesome time with your family and your new family.

I got a text from my sister saying my Mom was much better yesterday and her doctor wants her to stay on this appetite stimulant for two more weeks. We'll see what happens. My sister said call her today and her phone should be okay. Well it wasn't. So disappointing. I am going ahead with my AC installation sometime next week and then go downstate for a visit.

Some of you may have one of these but it sounded like a winner. It is called the Air Scrubber and it is a whole house filter which some how puts out hydrogen peroxide in the air to kill even Covid 19 among other culprits. I am having one of those installed along with the AC. It is pricey but I think worth it for what all it is supposed to do.

Naperville had 33 businesses damaged so when I thought all the boarded up places were there for protection of what might come it was probably boarding up all of the damaged windows. Before Covid 19 we had a thriving downtown area. This is going to be adding salt to the already wounded as is the case all over the country.

I pray that our country can find a way to start working together and begin to start the healing process. It is time for a big change. I grew up next to an Afro American family and one of my friends I walked home from school with was also Afro American. I was young and naive but was not aware of the injustices that were probably still going on at that time. I just don't understand how we got to this place in 2020. Lord, show us the way to move forward so healing can begin.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2020

Chris - you NEED a stress break! I'm glad you are going to reduce what you HAVE to do for a while and just have an enjoyable time with the folks who love you so much. I pray this big visit won't tax you and that you can relax as much as possible and that the new med will agree with you and do its job. 'Til then we will miss you...and we will pray for you, dear Sister.

Nancy I haven't heard of that new air system. You are sure that addition to your lungs won't cause any problems? Can you TRY it out first? I fear you may be sensitive to it - but hope you aren't. Glad your mom is doing better, even though still on that appetite enhancer. I'm so sorry you still didn't get to speak with her, as I fully understand how important that is to you! It is bad enough you haven't been able to visit, but terrible you couldn't even TALK with her. May the Lord resolve that for you soon.

How sad to see your town damaged! Our past pastor (Kirk - and Sharon - Heldreth) came to us in Springfield, OH from Naperville. We are removed from the virus and the violence here in the "Last Frontier" as the Alpine welcome sign at the edge of town calls it. We don't have as much stress as you poor sisters do, for which I am thankful, but concerned for you and the rest of our land. Without getting political, which I know we don't want to do here - there are two "protester" groups. One is the true peaceful protesters just wanting to make a legitimate point. The other consists of anarchists paid and bused in to cause riots, looting and chaos. THOSE are the ones burning down the mom & pop corner stores and beating innocent people and attacking the police...not the locals. They are purely wicked and NOT part of the movement to protest a terrible death of an unarmed Black man. We know who actually controls those people who are acting like animals and we pray our Almighty Heavenly Father will put a stop to it soon. I saw today a story of a house that was set on fire and then they blocked the fire trucks trying to get to it. There were people in that house, and a CHILD! Thankfully they got out. I cried when I read that story. This whole thing grieves my spirit. I am powerless to stop it - but GOD isn't! We petition Him for protection and a stand against the wickedness in Jesus' Name. I think we are in the beginning of end times perhaps.

May God's peace and protection be with you and those you love, Be strong in the Lord!

Ade

• faith-840
    edited June 2020

Nancy, I’m so glad to hear your mom is somewhat better and I hope you can visit her soon. We had an ultraviolet light installed on our furnace a couple of years ago to kill mold and bacteria and it also kills COVID-19. It’s called Bioshield, and it wasn’t really expensive. You might want to check it out.

I just had a call from my hairdresser about changing my appointment tomorrow. I go downtown and there are more protests planned again for tomorrow at the Band Shell at 2:00pm. She moved me up to 10:45, I sure hope things are quiet then as I really, really need a haircut and color.
    I know there is so much social injustice in this world but I’m so concerned that all this looting and violence will set things back even more and we will never be able to come together in peace. Please God let this end peacefully.

Chris, I’m glad to you felt comfortable in your visit with your MO. I’m praying that the next treatment is the right one for you and it knocks back that cancer. Also praying you can enjoy your family visit and hopefully relax with them.

Love and prayers for all here and for our country. May God help us find a way out of this.

Faith (in the future

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Faith, I hope you were able to get to your apt without any trouble. I was not aware of any more organized protests but it may coincide with Memorial service happening today for George Floyd.

This Air Scrubber is a UV light as well. I would have to have the bulb changed every two years and it is not cheap for that either. My heating and cooling guy goes to my church and I spent a few years in a Sunday School with him. He said he has had one of these in his home for seven years and swears by it. It not only cleans the air but it also cleans Covid 19 from surfaces and door knobs etc. It works on pet odors and that is a big one for me as you may remember my past with my cat. They called today to schedule and I was hoping it was going to take place next week and now it is not until June 18. So that really makes it up in the air about visiting my Mom. It may be that it would be safer to go later. I still have not been able to reach my Mom. Her new phone is probably not sitting in the charger correctly. Her facility will soon offer outdoor activities including their Bible studies. My Mom doesn't do well in the heat at all but I hope she can get outside a little. My sister sat with her outside a few days ago on her patio. I just need to pray about when the best time to leave is. My sister said she didn't feel like it is an emergency like she felt a several days ago.

I still have a lot of yard work to do and will probably go ahead and try to buy all my mulch and get that done. I don't do well in hot weather either. I have been walking with a mask but it is really hot on some of these days.

Take care dear sisters. I pray that you are all staying safe and enjoying you AC inside on these hot and humid days.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Ade, I think my AC guy explained this in a way that sounded more scary that it really is. I couldn't find any info on the internet regarding the hydrogen peroxide that he mentioned. I don't have any reservations at all and in fact I think it may improve my sinus issues.

Small world regarding your former pastors coming from Naperville. Our new pastor is from Ohio and our pastor that lost his father to Covid 19, also a pastot at our church as well moved to TX for a while and then came back. As I look back I can now see that he had time with his parents before his Dad died. They all lived together in the same house. God's plans for us are always perfect even though we can't always see that at the time.

I am praying for good news regarding the VA for both of us!!!!!

I do realize that all over where these protests have occurred with violence that it was a two separate groups and the group with the violence are bused in. In fact my eye doctor said they were renting Uhauls to transport these anarchists.

God is up to something in all of this turmoil of this year. God can always make good things out of bad situations and I am believing that to happen with what we are dealing with now but I think every one of us will be a part of that plan. We are His hands and feet.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Happy Anniversary to Chris and her DH. 48 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Have a great weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2020

Beautiful banner, Nancy! "For the coming of the Lord draweth night" - what a blessed promise for us now! Thank you! I think your furnace addition sounds like a good thing. I pray for God to work out your seeing or talking with your mom soon. How odd is that about our pastors!

It is full sun and near 100 here this week - ugh! We only go out morning or evening, so we are rather trapped inside for a different reason now I guess. James put the thermometer in the sun on the porch just now and it read over 120! Thanking the Lord for working AC!

Blessings on your weekend, sisters, stay cool and well and safe!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Yes, Ade, I am actually looking more forward to this Air Scrubber than the new AC! I really understand you wanting to stay inside during the hot times.

I have been outside mulching. The first day was a scorcher and I managed. I don't do well in the heat and humidity at all. Yesterday was cooler and not as humid but still hot enough for me. I was down on my hands and knees sitting in this shady area and was pulling some weeds and mulching. I was really getting tired and was just sitting thee. This lady that I don't know but walks by with this gorgeous and huge white dog stopped and said are you okay. I guess I must have looked as bad as I was feeling. We commenced to talk and her band director who passed away just shortly after he retired was her junior high band director from many years ago and I knew him well and had worked with him in the summer band program. So we had a nice chat. I appreciate the neighbors looking out for me.

Today I did my usual trip to Wendy's for their salad which I do regularly on Sundays and many other times during this pandemic. This one manager is so sweet and has always been so kind to me. She knows I am a cancer survivor and have other issues. She recently had on a really neat mask that had been embroidered. I told her I liked it. Today I go through the drive thru with my one of my new masks that came from Texas (really like them) and she had a little bag for me. I said what's this. Actually I don't even know what she said but when I opened it on the way home it was a beautiful black mask with sunflowers embroidered on it. I love it. I don't even know her name but I had been prompted to make them a photo card recently and never did do it yet. I will definitely make a thank you card for her and hopefully she will be working when I deliver it.

God shows up with blessings ALL the time. Some are obvious and others might just be a songbird singing it's little heart out. We just have to have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Have a great rest of your weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

I love this version from a chapter I am sure we are all familiar.

Luke 12:22-32 The Message (MSG)

Steep Yourself in God-Reality

22-24 He continued this subject with his disciples. "Don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or if the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your inner life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the ravens, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, carefree in the care of God. And you count far more.

25-28 "Has anyone by fussing before the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? If fussing can't even do that, why fuss at all? Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They don't fuss with their appearance—but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them. If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen, don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?

29-32 "What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.

• faith-840
    edited June 2020

Nancy, the new AC with the Air scrubber sounds great, it should really help your allergies. Ours with the UV light has helped mine. You can smell ozone when it kicks on and it's just like fresh air coming in. I'm sure you'll love it. Too bad you have to wait a couple of weeks for it, it would be good to have it tomorrow when it's getting hot again.

Nancy, I feel that you have so many nice things happen to you because you must be nice to everyone you meet. And You recognize the blessings that come to you. That is a real gift.

I need to be more watchful of the little blessings that are around me but it's so hard sometimes. DH is still having lots of problems after his surgery and is very depressed and that makes me depressed. Things are just not getting much better yet and we are both so tired of it all. This has been going on since January 2nd and I know we just have to be patient but it's been so hard with the virus and the unrest in our country coming into our little town. It's all adding up to make my anxiety awful some days. I was able to get out for a walk in the nice weather today and that has helped and I finally will start up my PT again tomorrow. Surprisingly, my hip and leg have actually been a little better the last few days, hope it doesn't get worse with the PT. Sorry for being such a downer tonight but it helps to tell someone even if it’s only online. I try not to complain to my children so I don’t worry them but sometimes I feel the need to just let it out. I hope you all can understand that and will feel free to do the same.

Have a good night dear friends, may God bless you all

Love,

Faith

• intolight
    edited June 2020

Faith, I totally understand your need to vent and complain. Vent away--I don't mind at all. Sometimes I just want to scream but obviously don't. I will continue to pray for you and your DH.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Faith, I am sorry that your DH is still having so many problems and is depressed. I am sorry you are feeling that way too. Don't worry about being a downer. Actually I have felt that way on this site many times too and fear that it drives people away but it some ways I think it helps everyone realize that they are not the only ones going through these same type of things. I have always felt that this thread was a place where we could be honest with our challenges and hopefully feel free to vent. We ALL need to do that or we would be like a volcano erupting all the time.

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them so much.

I hope going back to PT will help you. I still have not made my decision to go back yet. I want to visit my Mom first.

Chris, they ran Mayo Clinic commercials more in the winter quite a bit. There was what I am assuming was a young man and his father going to the one in Minnesota. The young man is wading in a lake and he just lets out this yell and every time I here it it moves me so much. I have been to that Mayo Clinic before and I could identify with his angst. He was probably just an actor but he made it seem so real. I wish you could do that too and have a great release of built up tension. I remember the awful angst I felt when I had to wait 17 days to find out if my cancer had come back. By the time I got the news that it was only scar tissue my brain was still stuck in the fight or flight mode. I remember how awful that was and the downward spiral of the next six months because of that. I really feel for you going through this really tough time. Know we are all praying for you and support you through this. Please let us know how we can help you.

It is 3:30 in the morning and I am having another night of waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. The birds are singing already even though it is pitch black outside.

I better get back to sleep or I will see the sunrise before you know it!

Good night or good morning!

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Dear sisters,

I FINALLY after trying to talk to my Mom for five weeks was able to reach her today after calling numerous times. I was right in the middle of my prayer time and I felt a prompting to call her right then and she answered. She was a having a bit of trouble hearing but I think could hear most of what I was saying. She sounds weak and I am praying I will be able to see her in a few weeks. She will be off the appetite stimulant by then and I hope she improves because I believe it is causing side effects that are outweighing any benefits.

Thank you for those who have prayed. I am so grateful to hear her voice.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited June 2020

Faith I fully understand how hard it is to stay on "level keel" when your hubby is depressed, not well, and with all that is whirling around seemingly out of control in this crazy world! We are rejoicing that James' fevers have subsided & pray it is not just a remission, but his migraines have him very depressed (with mood swings) and it seems no one at the VA is even listening. He is actually talking weekly with a VA psychologist (but he doesn't seem to listen either - blaming the depression on James' deafness, not the chronic constant pain!). Sometimes the weight on a wife is almost too much to bear. I TRY to be light-hearted and upbeat for James' sake - when I feel like crying and screaming, and you probably feel that way too. But God has, in His sovereignty, allowed this time of trial for His purpose - which is usually to drive us into His arms and strengthen our faith. He IS in charge of our lives and the entire world situation and nothing will or can happen that doesn't pass through Him first (just ask Job!). Sometimes we just have to trust one day at a time asking for grace which He promises to us who believe. DO vent here! We are all blessed to lift up one another's concerns to the Lord in prayer. May He grant you His peace, strength, and sense of His loving presence, and bring healing and uplift your husband. You will get through this. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him.

Nancy, beautiful scriptures, thank you. We NEED God's Word in good times and especially in trials! We are SO thankful you FINALLY got to talk with your mom! I hope your new air scrubber will be a blessing for you too and help you feel better, especially your sinuses. It is SOOO hot here lately! Our AC is running nearly non-stop, ($$$!) and we have a well insulated house! I don't know HOW folks in days gone by lived here without AC!

We are TRYING to walk in the cool mornings, though yesterday James had to cut it short and I did today - both of us with some chest pain. When your body tells you not to push it - you just don't, and you hope for a better day tomorrow. We missed all last week because of various things, but the week before we were doing 1.2 miles. Not too bad for 2 old folks not very physically fit...well, not at all! :o)

May God bless and keep you all close in His care,

Ade

• ade
    edited June 2020

Well, we just got a call from James' doctor in Midland (who ran all the tests) and she wants to see James IN PERSON - TOMORROW. No video visit. This scares me, as it couldn't mean GOOD news can it? Your prayers are SO much appreciated!

This was in my devotional book and really ministered to me. I know most of you need it too. (Hope you can read it).

Love,

Ade

• intolight
    edited June 2020

Ade, I am praying for James and that there is mild and fixable diagnosis to explain all his symptoms. I am also adding the prayer of peace for you and safety for your journey.

• faith-840
    edited June 2020

Ade, you and James are in my prayers. I can imagine how worried you must be but hopefully they have found something to help James and it won’t be bad news. Your peace prayer is the perfect one. May it bring you peace.

Nancy, I’m so glad you were able to finally talk to your Mom, that must have been a great relief for you. I will keep praying that you are able to visit soon and her health improves when she’s off the medication for her appetite.

Chris, if I remember right, your family will be coming to visit soon. This weekend.? I pray you can relax and just enjoy being with them and not worry about anything. Put cancer on the back burner. There’s nothing you can do about it right now anyway. You are in our prayers.

Thank you all for understanding my need to vent. Sometimes it’s just all too much. DH is going back to the doctor tomorrow to have a stent put in again until the swelling goes down from the surgery. He’s been getting up numerous times at night and not getting any sleep. He looks and feels awful. No sleep for months has really taken a toll on him. I’m praying this will finally give him a chance to get some sleep.

Have a good night dear friends, sleep well.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Ade, I will certainly be praying for peace for both of you this evening and I pray for the trip. Maybe the doctor wants to examine him in person to help her make a more committed diagnosis. When the fear starts to creep in just fix your eyes on Jesus knowing He is right there with open arms always ready to comfort you.

Chris, praying that you will be able to enjoy your families and that this will be such a joyous time with them. Praying you will feel good while they are visiting. Try to soak up all of the special moments and try to live in the moment.

Faith, praying for DH's stent that will be put in tomorrow. Praying that he can heal quickly and start to feel better and get more sleep. Praying for you too as I know this has all just been too much for you.

Have a restful night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited June 2020

Ade, I am praying for you and James. Perhaps the doctor wants another blood draw or test performed. I hope and pray it's all good news for the two of you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2020

Ade, I have been praying for you and James many times.

Faith, praying everything will go well during DH's stent placement and recovery. Praying for peace and calm for you.

Chris, praying that you feel really good as you get ready for your family to visit.

I have a touch of stomach virus or something. I started having problems on Sunday.

I didn't intent for this to look like a snapshot from "Finding Nemo"!

Trust is something that seems very easy at times and very elusive sometimes when we need it the most. God help us all in this area because I think so many of our challenges need a steadfast trust in You knowing that what we want and what you know we need are sometimes two very different things. Help us to say yes to your will and come to the point where our desires are Your desires.