Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• loriio
    loriio Member Posts: 55

Callindearg-

I don't know the specifics on my expanders- only that was I was filled to 450ccs. My implants are 425cc high profile. I think I'm going to be happy with them. At 450 I felt it made me look heavier than I liked. (Not to mention the expanders went too far into my armpit). I wasn't even a full A before so I'm excited about being able to buy bras.

Lori

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Dawnhope,what a lovely contribution out of your pain you were able to accomplish some good. I am starting to feel those types of feelings now. I feel bad for the wheel chair bound I see in the stores and feel bad that I am not running every day when I can. I remember when I sit down to my queen's banquet table to eat that there are people in the world starving and I must support causes to help them. I missed the Oct coat donation when I have a whole bunch about 10 coats that are too little now that I missed a month of exercise for first surg and a month after exchange and I am getting fat! Horrors,I have never been fat before and it takes forever to dress to hide it. Gotta take the coats to the shelter. Happy Holidays everyone!

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

Layla - And Happy Holidays to you!   

Know that it's possible to get back into shape.  I felt so fat after my exchange but I've been working out with a LiveStrong Trainer coming upon 2 years and I'm in the best shape of my life right now.  Know you can get there!  

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527

Just ordered another Freya swimsuit! Will let you know if it fits. HerRoom sent a $20 gift certificate with my other swimsuit! Keeps me going back. Here's my new one:

http://www.herroom.com/freya-as3331-fever-underwire-deep-plunge-tankini-swim-top.shtml

• Golden01

Swimsuit is 34DDD - should hold these new ones where they are supposed to be. LOL

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Golden01 - that swimsuit is really cute, too. It almost has a retro look. My best fit is a 34DDD. (or it will be when I get rid of the underarm flab.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back in a bra 24/7. A low pressure front came in before our big rainstorm, and OUCH!!! Surprised  Thought my implants were going to explode!!! 

I had that problem with my TEs, but never thought it would happen with the New Girls. Just call me the Human Barometer. Undecided

• Estel

blessings - I am one too!  Better weather predictor than the weather man.  Undecided

• Golden01

I don't notice anything when the weather changes but when I go to high altitudes, I think these implants are going to explode and they make "crinkle" noises. My brother-in-law, the engineer, got a kick out of researching it for me when we were at Lake Tahoe this fall and found it will go away when I get back to lower altitudes. He didn't find any reports of them exploding though.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

WHEW!!! THAT's a relief!!!! Wink

• Golden01

No, my sister was fine with him researching it for me. Actually, I'd only told her what I was feeling and she asked him to look into the properties of silicon at high altitudes for me. He's been in the family for over 40 years and we all count on him for the engineering types of info. Their son is an engineer too so we are used to them figuring things out for us (like, want to know how much water evaporates from swimming pool when the temperature is 102?). I never have wondered about that but my BIL calculated in his head for us.

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

Good morning, ladies!  I know.......AWOL Val....Smile.  Thinking of you all especially today on my "cancerversary."   Four years ago today I got that phone call.....even still my stomach has that little flutter now I as write about it.  So much LIFE has happened in these past four years, though, and interacting with all of you is a VERY important part of it.  My healing could not have happened without YOU!  Although my new job and crazy life leave essentially no time for hanging out on BCO anymore, please know that I honestly do pray for you every day!  I will be travelling for the holidays, so HOPE to have a few minutes to finally attend to the much-needed update on the topic header.  Thank you, DawneHope, for all your love and attention to this wonderful group of women!  Wishing you all a blessed holiday!!

• owlwatcher
    owlwatcher Member Posts: 63

Well what about this: when i'm in the hot tob the bottoms of my foobs seem empty where the alloderm sling is. It seems as if the silicone floats to the top of the pocket or silicone implant. Any thoughts?

• Golden01

Val61 - Congratulations on your "cancerversary" and thank you for all of your good words on this discussion thread!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

val happy cancerversary, happy your life is busy and crazy.

• Estel

val61 - We miss you but super glad that your life is busy and happy.  You are a good role-model for all of us.  Peace and love to you this season!  xo

• Golden01

Fever Underwire Deep Plunge Tankini Swim TopJust got another swimsuit from Herroom and it fits my "new ones"! I love being able to order by bra size in the Freya swimsuits. Now I need to get that trip to Hawaii to see my son scheduled. I really think I was dragging my feet until I knew I would have swimsuits that didn't let these implants move all over.

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Nice swimsuit!

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

Cute! I've exclusively worn Freya and Fantasie swimwear since my BMX and LOVE them! Great support for the girls! Hope you get that trip to Hawaii!!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

I need a cheap swimsuit. I took a cardio slam water aerobics class. I'd like to keep taking it but my tankini has a lot of cleavage and the bottoms slide down in the water. Any ideas where I can get something affordable? I don't want to spend a lot right now because I am going to be be losing 25 pounds.

• Estel

Carrol - Check out bare necessities and herroom, swimwear clearance. I have a couple of freya swimsuits and a couple of panache swimsuits that I got on clearance a couple of years ago. The panache suits I got for $15 on clearance from herroom. and tey are great! Also check out ebay. I'll post a couple of sellers that I bought from. I bought a freya bikini top from chamousey that is fabulous on eBay.

Point is, check out the clearance on the websites!

http://www.herroom.com/swimwear.aspx

http://www.lindasonline.com/swimwear.html

The bare necessities website is down at the moment but check it out too...click swimwear on the left side of the site, then sale and you'll see what they have.

eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Freya-Swimwear-Pier-Tankini-Top-Red-3021-VARIOUS-SIZES-/200823364618?pt=UK_Women_s_Swimwear&var=&hash=item2ec2015c0a

I couldn't find any on a quick search from chamousey but I've bought from them several times as well as belle lingerie, both uk sellers.

• JamieB86
    JamieB86 Member Posts: 183

http://us.asos.com/search/freya?hrd=1&q=freya

Just ordered my 1st Freya swimsuit = so excited!

• Carrol2

Thanks not finding much online most are over $50 and not returnable. I need to find a place I can try on.

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Carrol - try TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

• DLL66
    DLL66 Member Posts: 448

Target has a lot of cute, inexpensive swimwear as well. Victoria's Secret has swimwear in their semi-annual sale in the bigger stores right now--not necessarily practical, though.

• Carrol2

ok thanks for the ideas nothing at marshalls ill try vs

• annemarieh
    annemarieh Member Posts: 124

Carrrol2-I know you said you want to try suits on, but I was just on Lands End sales, and they have some suits. Good luck!