Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• JamieB86
    JamieB86 Member Posts: 183

Carrol - Just ordered Freya suits from ASOS - they have free shipping both ways. I ordered a few sizes.  The sales were good, but not everything available in every size. Might be worth a look-see.

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

never heard of asos thanks for the tip some really good prices. I didn't see much under $50 though. I have great cleavage but don't want to show it off in swim class. I am thinnking a bandeau top one piece but they are all like $65 so I am going to keep looking.

• JamieB86

I show off my cleavage whenever I can! Well, not always. :)

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

lol Jamie I show it off a lot too, I worked hard for it,  but sometimes a little bit of my scar will show. It's barely noticeable but if I swim I worry it might show more.

• JamieB86

Just tried on my new Freya suits! Score!!! So happy. Thanks for the heads up ladies. DH says they're the best looking suits I've ever had.

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527

Glad you like your new swimsuit! I think our "new ones" must look pretty good in these swimsuits too!

• annemarieh
    annemarieh Member Posts: 124

Jamie-which did you get? I'm 42, and am still looking (dont have squishies yet). Spending a week in OBX with a bunch of girls from wom work this coming summer!! Help!

Annemarie

• JamieB86

Freya D-GG Phoenix Print Underwired Plunge Bikini TopFreya Phoenix Print Tie Side Bikini BottomFreya D-GG Charleston Underwired Halter Bikini TopFreya Fever Bikini Bottom With Button Tab SidesDH likes me in a two piece

• annemarieh

Thank you Jamie! These are really nice!!!

• JamieB86

thanks annemarie - more incentive to keep going to the gym!

• Golden01

Great swimsuits!

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465

Annmarie, I give up,wheres OBX?

Gorgeous suit,golden, like that royal blue! Have fun in Hawaii! Are you going in the volcanos? Or to Oahu for the tourist feel? My Dad had a job there and the tourist gate goes to the Wax Museum and the Arizona Memorial. Gotta get back there someday. I bet I wouldnt even recognize it anymore. I remember shopping at the Ala Moana mall,wonder if it still is there. Oh and one more thing,try the poi,its so sour like black elementary school paste. LOL,but the luau pork is tasty.

Ok,ladies I finally did it. You are all such a hmm what kind of influence? Adventurous. yep,I got my first red lace bra and undie set. After all we have been thru,we "are worth it" as the J-Lo commercial says.

• annemarieh

Layla~OBX is the Outter Banks in North Carolina! Can't wait to get my squishies so I can order my suits! (and I really hope i'm going to like them) been reading here about a lot of girls not liking what they have...that's the only thing i'm worried about!

• Obxflygirl1
    Obxflygirl1 Member Posts: 106

Annemarieh...... I live at the Outer Banks. Right at the Wright Memorial bridge as you cross over to Kitty Hawk! We'll have to keep in touch and maybe get together.....Melody

• Golden01

This year, we'll probably just stay in Oahu where our son lives. We are going to rent a place to stay close to his apartment. We'll save the other islands for another time since it looks like he's staying there! Thanks for the nice comments on the suits! I've never spent this much on bras or swimsuits before. They are top-notch!

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

I LOVE OBX!! That was where my "new girls" made their swimsuit debut in a Freya bikini! Seriously, though.....we vacationed there for years - first when my DH was stationed in Tidewater VA, then we returned after we moved to TX. Sanderling in Duck is our favorite place :). Obxflygirl......any chance you're a fly fishing guide there?

Hope everyone is staying healthy these days! As you can see, I did NOT have a chance over the Christmas holidays to update the thread header; my sister and I cooked and washed dishes for 9 people instead.....and let me just say my family goes through the wine glasses! I do hope to get to it ASAP, though - promise!

Ladies, if you have particular favorite bras that you think need to be mentioned on the header, please PM me that info and I will include in the update. Thank you!!

• annemarieh

Obxflygirl~I think this is the addy~S. Virgina Dare Trail. Is this near you? Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier...was in NY getting a fill! Thought it would be my last one, but "lefty" is sitting SO HIGH, I could only take 100 cc's on that side! (does'nt even look like a boob, and I made sure to tell him)!!! I'm @ 500 now, going to ask for 100 more next tues. for a total of 600.

Annemarie

• Obxflygirl1
    Obxflygirl1 Member Posts: 106

Annemarie ... It's literally in my backyard. You girls could come and we'll sit by the water and share bottles of wine! We are on the sound side.

• annemarieh

Obxflygirl! That's wonderful!! You can hang out with all of crazy NY EMTS' and paramedics!!!! Will have a blast! Who wants to join us??

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864

Hello bra experts!

Just got my date for E-Day!!!! Thanks to a cancellation they surprised me and I'm on for less than two weeks! Yikes and YAY!!!!

So, my PS wants me to get a bra for post surgery. Something similar to a sports bra. He wants the proper band size for me in a D cup size, preferably front opening. (For ease of getting dressed.) This is for the first couple of weeks I believe. I want to make sure the new girls (especially lefty) stay put. Lefty has wandered a bit toward the armpit, though my PS said it is not a big deal and he will take care of it.

Can anyone recommend a great supportive first bra? It'll be on 24/7 for the first couple of weeks, then he said I can sleep without it. But knowing me I'll probably keep sleeping in it. Looking forward to some fancy stuff. The pic forum has given me FAD (Freya Acquisition Disease) and I can hardly wait to try my first one!

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I checked at Meijer yesterday, but didn't see anything that looked worthy of "them." KWIM?? Lol.

• Golden01

Underwire or not?

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

Dulcigirl - If your PS wants you in a sports bra right away - one of the Marena bras may be best.  It's no Freya but it will do the job you need it to do right after your exchange.  It was about three months post exchange at least before I tried my first Freya ... so don't be discouraged.  A lot of us were told to wear a sports-like bra right after our exchange.  

Here is a link to marena:

http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-136-molded-cup-bra-with-built-in-implant-stabilizer.aspx

http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-133-seamless-molded-cup-bra.aspx

Here is a zip up the front sports bra that doesn't have a cup size that is much cheaper.  The Marena is a lot better, fits a lot better but some gals have used a bra like this one:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_018J0079000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kispla=018J0079000P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=35-26081033-2

• Golden01

Here's one from Penney's, not as good as the Marena that Dawne-Hope suggested but does come in cup sizes and worked for me:

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/underscore-cotton-bra-front-zip-cotton-sports/prod.jump?ppId=186cdcd&searchTerm=sports+bra+zip&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&catId=SearchResults

I often still wear mine to sleep in.

• Dulcigirl

Thank you, ladies! I googled post surgical bras and found the Mirena line and was wondering if people liked them. I was consideing this one:

http://marenagroup.com/store/product/tabid/199/p-133-seamless-molded-cup-bra.aspx

My PS just said "correct band size, preferably front opening, D cup."

How do these run? My under bust measurement is 31.5. Not sure if I should order the 32 or 34.

Thanks for the help!!

• Dulcigirl

Oops! Dawne-Hope!! We posted the same. Sorry. (But glad or the confirmation.)

I would love band size advice. Planning to order today if possible.

Thank you, thank you!

And I can be patient...the Freyas look worth waiting for. ;-)

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

Dulcigirl - there are differing opinions on what is the 'correct' band size. UK fitters would say 32, US fitters would say 34. I've returned a Marena bra because it was too big. I would call and ask your PS his opinion. You will have post surgical swelling...but you want it to be tight...tough call. Try what you think and what your PS suggests...then if you not like it, exchange for the other size.

• Dulcigirl

Thanks. I decided to call the med equipment store in my hospital. "Marisa" who works there "fitted" me for my camisole that I wore post BMX. I'm hoping she may carry these too. Then I can try one on before buying. If not, I may order one of each depending on return policy.

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235

I know lots of women like the stretchy open-front sports bras available from Penney's, etc.  However, the ones I found did not have adustable shoulder straps and they didn't fit me at all because I'm tallish.  I'm another fan of Marena bras.  If you call them instead of or before ordering online and tell them what you're looking for (post surgical, sleeping, etc) they are great at directing you to the right bra and helping you decide on size.

• Dulcigirl

Thanks, TinaT. That is just what I did! I ordered over the phone from the Marena website.

Hope it is the right size. I ordered the B01. I told her my underbust measurement was 31.5 and she put me in a 36 band size. That was my normal bra size before, so I'm hopeful. BUT I only ordered one just to be safe for now. If it works I'll get another....maybe the "sexy" black one! Lol.

FYI for anyone else ordering: She looked my PS up and he has an account with them, so she gave me a 10% discount.

Now I'm off to request one of those DON'T YOU DARE TAKE MY BP OR STICK A NEEDLE IN THIS ARM bands.
    :-)

Thanks again! In a few months I'll be back for some Freya advice.

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

Dulcigirl - Congrats on getting a date on the calendar!  If your PS specified a sports-type bra, then the Marena bras would be your best bet.  It won't be long, though, before you'll be able to tackle your FAD - love that!  I had it BAD from the get-go since it was my PS who had me wear a Freya bra as soon as my drains were out Smile.......and now many, many bras later my foobs are happy as can be!