Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290

whippetmom...it's the 5675, the regular style, not the plunge style. So same one I linked you too on Nordstrom's, Her Room, etc :)

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

Golden01 - Cute, cute, cute!  Thanks for sharing! Smile  I have several Freya swimsuits … and I love them.  They hold up well.  And are so CUTE!  Happy  Love yours!  

Anyone else that needs a new swimsuit:

Right now they are offering some decent sales on the online sites on swimwear if you need a new swimsuit.

A couple of years ago I bought two freya swimsuits and two Panache swimsuits for about $10 a piece on clearance at lindasonline http://www.lindasonline.com.  No joke.  

If you need a good, supportive swimsuit … checkout barenecessities, herroom and lindasonline.  Great deals to be had in the upcoming weeks:

and btw … I love herroom too!  :)  

• Estel

momto7 - If you have a chance, go and get professionally fitted.  You don't have to be buy anything, if you get a good fitter it is a lot of fun :)  and you'll know your proper size for future reference.

I need more support than what the genie bra offers.  I don't have cable TV so I haven't seen the commercial but I think some gals on here have tried it and some like it….especially during the TE stage.  

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

Thanks Divecat and Estel...

• Estel

random bra thoughts on a Sunday night:

whippetmom - Since you're trying Panache, I have to tell you about the Panache sports bra that is my favorite. Panache 5021 http://www.herroom.com/panache-5021-full-busted-u...

The Bendox Max Out was my go to sports bra until about a year ago...mine needed to be replaced and I kept seeing the Panache on the top sports bra lists on herroom and barenecessities, so I tried it and LOVED it. I do a lot of floor work and even on a mat, the hooks would hurt me when I was on my back working on my core. The Panache has padding on the back band where the hooks are located and it doesn't dig in at all. The wires are encased in silicone, it is super comfy, super supportive. I'm now collecting them in every color since I work out most everyday. A girl needs variety. ;) When you need a new sports bra this one is worth a try.

_________

I have a bareneccesities 30% off coupon that expires tonight. I've been putting everything I like in my cart for about two weeks now. I'm up to over $200. Shocked Must edit it down considerably. Lol. Oh, what to get? They have a purple Panache Andorra in my size at a discounted price on top of the thirty...so that one is getting serious consideration...must.narrow.it down. 

Hope you all had a great weekend. 

Peace and love to you all.

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235

Whippetmom mentioned that she stole a drawer from her DH for bra storage Happy.  Thought I'd share my storage solution.  I found myself cramming my ever-growing collection of bras into a drawer that just wasn't the right size and they were getting smashed.  I now toss my camis and non-underwire sleep bras into the dresser drawer, but I store my underwires and more structured bras into a great underbed storage chest that I found at the Container Store.  This one has a fairly deep drawer front to back, but it is nice and wide.  I know there are others similar to this, but this one seems to work perfectly as a bra drawer for me.  It's an IRIS Space Pro Underbed Chest (Wide) with overall dimensions of 27" x 24" x 6-1/2". 

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10008372&N=&Ntt=iris

• Estel

TinaT - GREAT idea!  Thanks for sharing.

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290

Great idea Tina :)

I just hang all mine on hooks on the backs of doors...I paid too much for them not to show them off!Happy

It probably helps that it is me, my husband, and our cat who sees them.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

OMG...on the back of the door....my cat would have been hanging from my bras....nothing was sacred from her!

• Estel

My youngest cat (the clown) likes to lay down in my bra drawers if I leave them open.  Guess they make a pretty good bed.  Loopy

I keep mine in some shallow dresser drawers and I've found little plastic drawers (similar to what Tina posted above) at Wal-Mart.  If my cat can't lay in the actual dresser drawers she likes to lay on top of the plastic ones.  Smile  I think she may be a bra addict too.  ;)  

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864

I hang my bras on a shoe rack like this on the inside of my closet door. They sit nicely with no stretching and since I've gotten some pretty colors it's kind of like artwork! Lol.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/36-p...

• Estel

Dulcigirl - Thank you!  I like the idea of being able to see them in one area and it is lovely 'artwork' Happy

• Estel

I used my 30% off coupon to barenecessities to buy a couple more Panache workout bras and I picked them up at the post office today.

I never realize how worn out my running shoes are until I try on some new ones.  Had that same experience today when I tried these on … tighter than my old ones … in the best possible way.  I'm at the point space wise that when I buy new bras I make myself get rid of worn-out ones … and I have several work out bras that I either don't wear or they are on the last hook and even that feels loose.

So … it's good motivation to get to the gym  :)  I sprained my toe running through my house bare foot last week and slamming it into a concrete step in my utility room.  Bawling  Uh, yeah, it hurt and I've been afraid to do much work-out wise since then.  I'm not going to be jumping around tonight … but at least new exercise bras = some time on the bike.  Happy  I love getting new bras in the mail.  lol.  

Anyone have anything new they've gotten in the mail recently or at the mall?

Cranberry color was on sale and it actually is much brighter and prettier in person:

http://www.barenecessities.com/panache-ultimate-ma...

• tinat

Estel - I'm pretty much a practical bra gal, but that Panache sports bra in the fun confetti pattern is pretty tempting......  Of course, that one's not on sale Bawling.

• Estel

TinaT - I only recently found "The Container Store" in St. Louis … wouldn't you know it is near "Nordstrom Rack" and "Whole Foods."  >> My two favorite places to go while I'm there.  Happy  First time I was ever in there … I walked around as if in a daze … couldn't believe all the storage possibilities they have!  Thanks again for sharing what works for you. 

• tinat

.Estel - I actually ordered that underbed storage drawer online.  I think I might be dangerous in a container store as I am always deluded into thinking that having lots of containers will magically organize my life. 

I'm a pretty basic bra kind of gal, but I had a "gotta have it" feeling when I saw that Panache sports bra in the fun confetti pattern.  Of course, it wasn't one of the colors on sale, but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for that one!

Best wishes to all!

• bc101
    bc101 Member Posts: 923

Just want to say I love this thread - thanks for all the links. I've started a wish list on my pinterest site:)

I'm one month out from exchange surgery and have been cleared to wear a regular bra. But all I have are sports bras and compression camisoles! I'm looking forward to getting fitted for some cute, sexy underwire bras soon. I think I'll wait at least another month since I can't wear underwire until then. 

• Estel

TinaT - It will likely go on sale by Christmas time. I've ordered all mine when they go on sale.  :)  Tell us how it works for you when you get it.  

bc101 - This thread was so fun for me to read when I was in pain with those awful TE's.  Unfortunately for my bank account, I haven't been able to step away from it.  Winking  Keep us posted on what you get and what works for you!  

• bc101

Any suggestions? I'm looking for my first "starter" bra since my exchange, but I can't wear wireless yet. Just wondering if I should stick with the sports bras until then or try something else.

• bethq
    bethq Member Posts: 177

I have my one week post op appt today and am wondering if I will have to continue wearing this "contraption" as I call it or will be able to wear another bra. Its getting hard to find shirts to conceal this thing. I had a dream last night that I went to Nordstrom's for a fitting and there was a male customer at the counter. I had to whisper what I was there for and the lady said very loudly, "Oh no hun we don't do THAT here you have to go downtown". Ugh.

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360

Beth, what contraption are you wearing?  I'm two and a half weeks out and still wearing my Genie bras 24/7 except I'll occasionally wear a Warner's wireless bra to work.  I'm supposed to wear a bra 24/7 for another week or 2.

When have others worn underwire bras?  One month out?  Two?

• bc101

My PS said two months out. I'm wearing mainly sports bras right now. I was wearing a surgical compression bra for a month - that thing was definitely a "contraption" that would evoke nightmares. I referred to mine as a straight jacket, lol!

• bethq

Yes, what bc101 is wearing. Made by Jobst, the makers of the compression hose. The velcro is starting to curl and sticks me so I have to tuck my shirts in all around it..

• Golden01
    Golden01 Member Posts: 527

I had to wear a band (had velcro and a little pink rose) for quite awhile to keep them from moving around. One wanted to go down and out. The other one seemed to go up and over. The doctor insisted he stayed up and sewed the roses on himself (not true but made me laugh). I liked going to the  plastic surgeon so much more than the oncologist's office. I don't remember how long I had to wear those bands but I wore one out!

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360

Yikes, Beth!  I hope you get rid of that soon.  That looks really hard to hide under clothes.

• bethq

I know and we leave for the beach Saturday! 

• bc101

Wow, mine didn't go up that high. Mine was made by ABC (americanbreastcare.com). Even though the band was bigger than my normal size, it was so tight it hurt to breath at times. I know there are more comfortable compression bras out there, but maybe not medical grade. Hang in there, you'll get through it! 

• bethq

Woohoo I can wear a sports bra! Now to go out and buy some....no idea what size to get???

• bethq

I will look thru this thread for suggestions but if I just go out to a Macys or somewhere (Nordstroms is almost an hour from me) are there any good supportive sports bras I can grab? I especially want support from the sides as she did lots of work there.