Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Cameron you are a freaking riot!

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

ahhhhh!  A Freya blog?  Talk about drooling!  Look at the fall collection?  GORGEOUS!!

And the Loretta and I can't remember the other one ... scroll down to the end of this link. 

http://www.freyalingerie.com/blog/category/fashion/

• Lilah

Yeah I meant to comment on that as well -- a Freya blog is too much!  A blog for the addicted, I take it :)

• Estel

On the Barenecessities site ... receive 25% off if you put "Friend" in the promotional box as you check out.  Ends today!

I sound like a commericial!  Embarassed  Just don't want you to miss a deal if you've waiting to buy a bra that you think is too expensive!  Wink

• Lilah

Wow what a deal!  Dawn you should use it to buy that blue Freya!

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

Someone was telling me that they also visit a forum called "Cancer Survivor's Network" through the American Cancer Society.  I happened to be doing a google search on bras with good lateral support and look what I came up with?  I know there are sites which rob our posts, but the American Cancer Society?  What's up with this?  Dawne-Hope....take a look....

http://csn.cancer.org/node/212279

• whippetmom

Okay gals....give me the names of the best, "no panty-line" panties....

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

Hey, ladies!  I gave myself a few "computer-free" days to try to catch up on the rest of my life.....suffice it to say that my goal was not accomplished!     I will read what y'all have been up to and catch up soon.....hopefully later today....

Whippetmom - although I mostly wear thongs......how's THAT for TMI?!......for times when they just don't work, the ONLY panties that don't give me VPL (gosh....my inverted initials!) are the "Invisible Edge" panties from SOMA.  I like the bikini, as they're cut pretty high on the side of the thigh, so they show less than the hiphugger style.  They're the only two styles I've tried...      Good luck!

• Lilah

A computer free day?  What the heck is THAT? :)

• whippetmom

Thanks Val.....not too TMI at all!  Smile

• whippetmom

I do have Hanky Pankies....I see they just won the 2011 Undie Award....

• Lilah

LOL Whippetmom -- an undie award -- I love it!

• whippetmom

You gotta keep up with these things Lilah.....or before you know it....they are shoveling dirt over you.....

• val61

Cameron, my dear.......I hearby officially APOLOGIZE for introducing you to the wonderful world of Freyas!   However, sinceI don't offer a 12-step program, instead I'll further enable you by introducing you to this:   "Cleo" by Panache!   http://www.cleo-lingerie.com

Just got my order of the "Jude" bra that was backordered, and it's FABULOUS!   Now, despite what the description says, for me this isn't an everyday bra; since it's cut so low, it inhibits the lateral support a bit.  But for those outfits that require it, this is one cute little number! Check out all the other cute styles, too!

• val61
    Yep.....Undie Awards.....and I actually watched the video......Smile
  • Lilah

Deb -- LOL and a small shudder imagining that dirt (may none of us see that day for a long, long time).

Val -- you are EVIL!  Love those Cleo bras!

• Estel

Oh!  Cleo is pretty!  LOL!  That sounds insane doesn't it?  Laughing

Val - Does the Panache "Cleo" run true to size or is it like the "Porcelain Lace" where you need to go up a cup size? 

I'm going to have to start fasting from this thread and from all bra sites for the rest of the summer.  I can't spend any more money on bras ... at least until the fall!  Embarassed

• val61

Dawne-Hope - You know, as I mentioned last week or so, I have two Panache Porcelain bras, that I did go up one cup size in.  Then the Porcelain Lace bra that I recently modeled in the pic forum, I stayed my regular size.  Frankly, I think I'm sort of between the two sizes, but if I had to do it again, I'd stick with my regular size.  Going up that cup size just makes the cups feel ENORMOUS to me, though admittedly they do make me look rather busty....Wink  To answer your questions, though, in the Jude, I bought my regular size, and it fits fine.  I've only tried it on briefly, so can tell you more after I wear it for awhile, but I'd stick with your regular size.  Because the center is cut low on that style, in particular, the cups tend to want to "splay" outward a bit, causing the wire to not be snug up against the implants.      Sorry, I don't think you really wanted that long of an answer!    

Now I'm REALLY going to get back to my "to do" list!    

• Estel

Val - I want all the details, sister!  Spill it!  Wink Laughing

Just want to know for future reference!  Cool

• Tinkerbell99
    Tinkerbell99 Member Posts: 193

you ladies crack me up!!!  love the bra sites u have been posting ..beautiful bras!! I cant wear underwire ...who knows maybe after my next surgery.....

• greytcruise
    greytcruise Member Posts: 62

I am happy with Natori bras 32D.  I have a fun Betsy Johnson too.

• JoanDavies
    JoanDavies Member Posts: 80

I went out yesterday and bought a bunch more bra/panty sets. Can't believe I got so many, but since I seem to be wearing bras almost 24/7, seems like I NEED them. I was small enough before BMX that I hardly ever wore them except when I had to (like at work where they frown on free-roaming girls). 

• Cameron
    Cameron Member Posts: 128

OMG. Val that Cleo "Lucy" is riiiiiiiiight down my alley...I mean it's not just in the ballpark, it's a specific seat in my favorite section of my FAVORITE ballpark. Which if anyone's taking notes is section 2 row 7 seat 17 at Target Field, where I sat last year on my BIRTHDAY next to the prime time news anchor of my local NBC affiliate and we chitchatted about the Twins and admired our brand new outdoor stadium and I stared at Joe Mauer's butt and had a grand old time.  If you were wondering.

I thought Panache didn't work for recon breasts? I thought I read that up in the header, maybe it's kind of a change?

Guess what?!? I just tried another browser on my old computer (since I didn't get my bra ordering done while visiting my brother's house heh heh) and it is LETTING me put stuff in my shopping cart. Like, a whole new world of online shopping just opened up for me.

BYE! 

• Cameron

Oh yeah I almost forgot.

Anybody who owns a Freya Pollyanna, can you tell me if it lists ALL the sizes on the tag, (UK, USA, etc etc etc) OR if it only lists the UK size. As in; ONE box has a size listed, it was meant to be sold in the UK.

Reason: I bought my first Pollyanna on Ebay. It only lists one size. My other two Pollyannas list ALL the sizes in the boxes, and they were manufactured in a different country, even, and meant for worldwide distribution obviously. My first Pollyanna is the most awesome bra EVER, superior in quality to the other two, the fabric is softer, the lace is softer, even after washings, they aren't the same. And the only thing I am curious about is which kind you have and if you can tell any differences.  If I ever find any on Ebay that are marked only for the UK I'm totally paying anything to have them. The difference is amazing and the wires fit me better.

Of course it could be a complete coincidence or whatever. But I'm the curious type. And I apparently have too much time on my hands as I decided whether or not to blow more money on bras I may or may not need. 

edited to add: okay that was a total fail on my part; I just ordered the Freya Cindy and the Freya Edith; passed on the Cleo Lucy because it's non-returnable. But I'm sure I'll regret that move within the hour; it is SO cute.  It probably needs a home. It's the last one. And it's my size. But probably the cups would be too big and the wires would attack my sternum. It's all good. But it is really cute!

• Estel

Cameron - I have 1 pollyanna I bought from herroom and it has five sizes listed on the tag:  UK, FR, EU, US, AUS NZ.  I have another I bought on ebay and it has the same configuration on the tag. 

That's interesting about the one you bought with only the one size.  ???

• Cameron

I know Dawne-Hope it IS interesting!  I saw some freyas on ebay where the seller said "marked with US sizing only, meaning only box has a size listed and it was meant for sale in the US" so I guess Freya has different manufacturers in multiple countries or something. Just an observation. I wish I could clone my first Freya :-)  It's like it was MADE for me. And so apparently, I'M BRITISH!  LOL

• Lilah

Cameron you SO entertain me :)

• val61
    Cameron - Cheerio!!  I was ALMOST born in London......does that count?........Here's a little more infor for your Pollyanna investigatigation:  I currently own 3 Pollyannas - tossed my very first two a couple months ago, so can't report on them - but my two older ones all have multiple sizing and say "made in Sri Lanka."  My newest one also has multiple sizing on the tag, but the fit is definitely different and the fabric/lace does feel less soft.  The cups seem bigger, I think.  The older ones fit very snug in the cup - some here have commented that they thought they ran on the small side.  I sure hope they return to the old fit......though frankly I'm afraid that they're discontinuing this style.....can't remember where/why I saw/thought that (remember, I've been on tamox and arimidex thus have memory issues Yell)........hope it's not true, though!
  • Cameron

I am afraid they are discontinuing Pollyanna too!  Everytime I wear my cream color Pollyanna, I think "huh what am I thinking, this bra is the BEST" but then a day later I'll put on my mocha Pollyanna, the one from the UK, and I think "LORDY this bra is even BETTER!!"

I am very anxious to try the Freya "Faye" which is the spitting image of Pollyanna but with different fabric print and lace.  VERY excited...