Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• Estel
    Estel Member Posts: 2,780

Val61 - Thank you for the info re freya and fantasie swimsuits.  I've wondered on the sizing as well.  I do use mine for swimming not so much beach combing so the fit is crucial.  Embarassed  Thanks!

Also ... if you don't mind my asking, Val ... why did you NOT order from figleaves?  What was your reason for not doing it?  I've bought several bras on ebay that were shipped from the UK ... one took over 7 weeks to get here!  That's my worry from buying from them that it will take forever to get here.  Just wondering on the why not?  Thanks!

• cleo100
    cleo100 Member Posts: 75

Hi! I want to respond about the Figleaves online ordering. Over the winter I was anxious to start buying several bathing suits for the upcoming summer. After reconstruction I was sure none of my old ones would fit anymore. I came across Figleaves.com after buying several from Linda the Bra Lady. I was thrilled with my purchases and they arrived in good time. I, too, have ordered from the UK on ebay and these items came faster. I bought several Freya and Panache bikini tops, bottoms and tankini tops. Hope this helps.

• Estel

Thanks, Cleo it does help!  Did you pay the $20 dollars express shipping fee or the regular shipping fee? 

I've also ordered from Linda the Bra lady too!  Laughing

• jkz
    jkz Member Posts: 158

Pinkbutterfly...I just got back from Victoria Secret and had an awesome experience! Even better than I had at Nordstroms. The lady was so nice and said she measured women who had reconstruction all the time. She was polite and patient for the whole hour and a half that I was shopping. She measured me at a 36C.. I used to be a 36D. I am not complaining though it is noticeable that I am a cup size smaller. I ended up buying 7 bras for only $101.00! The sales lady gave me a 10.00 coupon at checkout :)

So, I ended up buying 2 VS plunge bras (for those special nights out), 2 Incredible push-ups (very comfortable), 1 miraculous, and 2 Bio-fit push-up and one VS Demi bra! I was very satisfied with the the customer service, the fit of the bras and most of all the price...

• pinkbutterfly
    pinkbutterfly Member Posts: 130

Jkz,

Glad you had a good experience. They exceeded my expectations as well, and I was able to get some bras that made me look good (at least in clothes) at a time when I was really struggling with my appearance. Funny, too, because I never could get a good fit with VS bras before. Haven't been to Nordstrom's, but feeling like what I got is the best for me right now.

It sounds, however, that you are quite the savvy shopper! Way to go!

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804

I had my exchange yesterday and had a follow up with PS today. He says not to wear any bra for 1 month. That just doesn't sound right to me. My incision is about 2" wide at the bottom fold of the breast. I am sore, but not in any real pain. He said no massaging and said either underwire or no underwire after 1 month- my choice. I don't like underwires so will try for something without.

Did anyone else's PS say no bra? He said I could sleep on my opposite side if I didn't hurt. I think I will wear my compression bandage to avoid any pain.

I am confused!!

• Estel

TifJ - Wow.  I've never heard of a PS saying NO bra right after the exchange.  Are you a uni?  If so ... maybe he wants the implant to drop to match your native breast?  Val or whippetmom will have more to say on the subject I'm kind of at a loss.  Undecided

Did they send you home in anything?  Does it hurt NOT to wear a bra?  I wore my the bra they sent me home in for almost a month (at least two weeks).  You might want to PM val61 or whippetmom to see what they say.

[[hugs]]

• SuebeeBC
    SuebeeBC Member Posts: 545

Theres another member out here who doesnt wear anything now and she was a BMX.  Mine took me out of the surgical bra after a week and said it was up to me if I wore a bra at night but should wear something like a sports bra (more fitted) in the day - and no wires because I was a uni.

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

I would be in so much pain when I didn't wear a bra so I am very surprised to hear this, too. 

• islandmom
    islandmom Member Posts: 131

tifJ:  My PS told me NOT to wear a bra.  I am a Uni and he wants the implant on the lifted/augmented side to drop, not the mx side.  He showed me how to 'squeeze' which looks exactly as massaging according to the video I have seen.  When I look at my lifted/augmented boob I see plenty of drop so I fail to see the logic, therefore I am wearing a bra.  I have an appointment tomorrow so I will ask him to explain in detail.  

In regard to comfort it actually feels good not to wear a bra for me, it does not hurt.   It has been 3 weeks since my exchange.   

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Yeah I feel perfectly comfortable not wearing a bra :)  I wear one most of the time but not at night and, some days, not at all.

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804

Thanks ladies. I am a uni, but already had a lift (no implant) on good side when I had mx. I am wearing the compression bandage right now- I am afraid it will hurt with nothing on. I think I will PM whippetmom for some advice.

• whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028

I told TifJ to look at the Ahh Bra.....Spanx bras and camis - wireless - and to email photos to her PS and ask which one he would approve of for the next month post-op. 

• Lilah

Great advice, as always :)

• Estel

Yes, thank you whippetmom!

• jkz
    jkz Member Posts: 158

Deborah do you wear any bras from Victoria Secret? If so which do you prefer?

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

Hey ladies! I'm in the car driving out of town for the holiday weekend so I'll apologize now for my typos/ autocorrect No Internet & sketchy cell service, so I may be AWOL for awhile.

Dawn-hope- no particular reason I didn't buy from figleaves; I found what I needed on herroom, and I've just used them for most purchases.

TifJ- you might also look at Soma for an unstructured soft bra. They used to have one they called the spa bra, pretty much like a sports bra w/o compression.

Yep.....there's no way I'm comfy w/o a bra....and my implants have still definitely dropped......dh even commented on that recently......I've lately tried to take my bra off right when I get up, before I put

on my sports bra.....I last maybe 30 minutes.......I think it's a conspiracy by Freya.....

Okay.....getting a little sick trying to type and ride......have a great weekend!!

• Estel
    Have fun, Val!  And yes, indeed, I DO think it is a conspiracy by freya!  Laughing
  • Estel

Received Freya "Cindy" yesterday and I don't think I'm going to keep it.  The cups are big on me (It looked marvelous on you, Cameron!) and it just doesn't fit me correctly ... the wires in the center overlap and it kind of hurts.  Never ceases to amaze me how a bra can fit someone so perfectly and then look and fit so differently on another. 

I can't decide if I want to exchange for Panche Porcelain t-shirt or Panache Cleo "Jude."  Hmmmm.  Thoughts or suggestions?  Both are smooth cup t-shirt bras in a nude color which I really do need a 30band t-shirt bra in a neutral color (for wearing under white shirts) ... have yet to have one of those!  :) 

• Lilah

I ordered a Pollyanna today (the charcoal one -- looks black with blue touches) from herroom.  Hope it fits!  All this talk of Freyas and I just had to try one.  I won't get it for a week... can't wait!

• Estel
    Lilah - I bought one ... same color from Nordstrom rack online!  :)  Keep us posted on how it works for you!
  • Lilah

Oh man I forgot to check Nordstrom rack on line!  I bet its cheaper there!

• Estel

Ladies,

Here is a link to nordstrom rack.  I love a good deal and here's some great ones!

Freya "Pollyanna" $14.95 Surprised 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/freya-pollyanna-261116-underwire-plunge-bra/3030207?origin=category&resultback=817

And a Chantelle "Icone" that is one of the prettiest bras I've ever seen.  I have a couple and they're great under t-shirts:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantelle-intimates-icone-3852-underwire-t-shirt-bra/3197956?origin=category

Another beautiful Chantelle that is a 3 part-cup (edited,see Lilah's comment below) that supports all the way around:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantelle-intimates-icone-3851-underwire-bra/3198574?origin=category

And then a general search so you can find any that appeal to you!  Kiss

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/rack/womens-bras?marketingslots=1&scroll=3688&origin=category

• pinkbutterfly
    pinkbutterfly Member Posts: 130

I feel like a little girl waiting to blossom into womanhood. I have vowed to take good care of my girls when they come in. They were definitely neglected. Now I have to wait for the PS to give me what mother nature had, but cancer took away. Well, beautiful bras will have to wait (sigh) until I have "blossomed" again.

• Estel

It'll come, pinkbutterfly.  Just a little patience.  It'll come ....

[[hugs]]

• SuebeeBC
    SuebeeBC Member Posts: 545

Looks like I get to online shop until I get to wear wires....VS doesnt carry 32D in store in a wire-free!  UGH!!!! 

• Lilah

Thanks for the links Dawne -- thank goodness the Freya I bought (for a LOT more) is not available in my size on the Rack.  But WOW what a great price if they DO have your size!

And you wrote my favorite typo of the day -- a "3 cup bra" -- LOL!  I guess you mean a 3-part cup?  That is a very pretty one -- similar to a Chantelle I have in black (that is, by the way, wire free). 

• Estel

good grief .. I'm queen of the typo's recently, eh?  We may be fanatics but we're not freaks!  Tongue out  Yes, that's totally what I meant ... a 3-part cup. 

Do you have the Chantelle Amazone Soft Cup 2102?  I've had my eye on that one and have yet to try it. 

Sorry for the typo ... but glad it made you laugh!  Laughing

• Estel

Sue - Did a quick search for soft cup bras (non-underwire) on herroom.  Just plug in your size on the link and there you go.

There are some bigger band sizes on here too.

http://www.herroom.com/search.aspx

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

Suebee:  Don't get discouraged:  I ordered all but one of my VS no wire bras on line.  They are pretty fast and check on line for VS promo codes-they are also having a huge sale right now!