Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2010 Sisters

Options

Comments

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

For those who are praying for Kendall, my #1DGD, she had to have surgery yesterday to replace the temporary drain because they can only be in so long before the risk of infection become too great so they replaced it with a new one so that would give them more time to step her pressure up slowly.  The tried to go too fast before and she was having too much trouble with the rate of increase.  They do not want to put in a permanent shunt unless there is absolutely no other choice so they are trying one more time with the temporary one.  Please pray that this works and that she has complete healing.  Love you all.  AJ

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    Options

Elisimo - said a prayer for your DGD.

SherryC - what's your new ministry?

• Elisimo
    Options

Sherryc - It is a quilting group that makes quilts for babies - adults that are in the hospital. Our

Bible teacher take them to the patients that are in the hospital and pray with them. These are people that are members or have a connection to a member of the church. We started last Sept with me and 2 other ladies and now we have 2 groups. One daytime group and 1 evening group.

Thank you LindaKR and any others that are praying for Kendall, DGD#1. They are what is holding the family together. Love U all. AJ

• LindaKR
    Options

Elisimo, that sounds an awesome group!

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Sorry, its been awhile since I checked in. AJ I was just reading about Kendall! I sure hope things are getting better for her, I know her grammy loves her and the others so much. I am thinking of their cute room and how she must want to get back there. Saying a prayer for her and the family. XOXO

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

Checking in with my sisters (in crime) just to say hi and see how everyone is doing...

Elisimo--prayers still being said for Kendall...

Granny---prayers being said for you and your son...

I pray that you are all doing wonderfully well...

God bless!  xoxo

Tori

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Hi everyone! I don't get here too often these days but wanted to stop by and say HI! It is hard to beleive that it has been almost three years for me. Wow! Hugs to all!

• sandiddstn
    sandiddstn Member Posts: 6
    Options

I am like the rest of our sisters, I wanted to stop by and say Hello...  For me it has been a long 3 yrs and on the other hand, WOW has it been 3 yrs already LOL....   I stay busy most of the time.  I eat lunch with my friends a lot and I work in my yard/flower beds...  Not saying my mind goes to that dark place (that is what I call it).  When it does I get on here and you ladies get me out of it.  I don't know you but I feel like I do.  Hugs to all!!!

• torigirl
    Options

Hello my 2010 sisters! Hoping and praying you are doing well and thriving!

God bless!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

AJ continuing to pray for Kendall

Linda our ministry is called "Knowing This" Ministries based on Romans 6:6  Here is our website http://www.knowingthisministries.org/  God has been bringing lots of hurting couples our way.  That is not all we do but we will leave it up to God who he wants us to help.

Barbara missing see you all the time, but i am not on here much either.

• Elisimo
    Options

Hey there sisiters, I just wanted to check in and see what was going on with everyone.  Glad to see you here Barb.  I need to get down to see you and DH again.  How is the house hunting going?  Maybe next time I can bring my DH.  I know our 2 guys will hit it off well.

Thanks for all the prayers for Kendall. She will be having surgery on Tuesday to have the permanent shunt put in.  Her parents are exhausted and really starting to feel the stress of not being a complete family unit for such a long time.  The younger girls are doing well and adjusting to being bounced around from home to hospital and from being with only one parent at a time.  Hopefully by the end of next week things will start to get back to normal for the family.  I know that will make me feel better too.  It has been hard to be so far away while my baby girls and her baby girl are going through so much.

Hope everyone is well and living life full of joy and blessings.  AJ

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Nice to see all my sisters!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Nice to see you too.xoxoxo

• Elisimo
    Options

Barb - it is good to see you pop in here.  How is DH back?  Kendall got through surgery fine although it took twice as long as they thought.  There were a few issues they had to deal with but everything is fine now and she is back in her old room and not the PICU this time.  They will keep her a couple of more days then let her go home and if she feels up to it she can go back to school on Monday!  Keep praying as she now has to get used to the permanent shunt that is draining the excess CSF into her abdomen.  It will take time for her body to get used to the new process that the shunt has created.

Love you all. AJ

• FireKracker
    Options

Awwwww.AJ you are always in my thoughts and prayers...

• torigirl
    Options

Elisimo..so glad to hear all went with Kendall...

Keeping all my sisters in my prayers each and everyday...

Love you grannydukes!

Tori

• Elisimo
    Options

Thanks for all the prayers for Kendall. She went to school today!  The doctor said she should probably stay at home for another week and get her strength back, but she is my DGD and went to school today anyway.  She is doing so well.  She was very popular today especially with all the boys basketball team, but all her girl friends were there to help run interference for her so she would not get too tired.  The boys all found out that the star forward of the senior high school varsity team came to see her in the hospital so that made her a celiberity with them.  Seventh grade boys!

Hugs and love to everyone. AJ

• Sherryc
    Options

AJ so glad Kendall is doing much better and back at school.  I hope she does not over do it.

All is well with me.  I went for my follow up with my PS from my last surgery and he says everything is healing well.  I got restrictions lifted to start running, but have to wait another month on going to the gym, yoga and still having to sleep in a bra.  The end of March I will be celebrating!! Wonder if I'll have trouble sleeping without the bra, have gotten kinda use to it now.

• FireKracker
    Options

Awwww Sherry...things are lookin up.

Im glad...about the bra.I wore a bra all my life.yeah ever single nite cause im big and they got in the way...now after 3 yrs out im finally happy to not sleep in the bra all the time...yeah they still get in my way...especially the bigger one but ahhhhhhhhh it does feel good.

after all you have been throu you should feel free!!!!!

We came a long way baby.xoxo

• Elisimo
    Options

Sherry - so glad everything is healing like it should.  Don't worry abour the bra, you most likely will e able to say good bye to it before long and you will not miss is a bit!  Hugs AJ

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Hi all,

Tomorrow is my 3 year cancerversary! How to celebrate??

• torigirl
    Options

shells43...Congrats on your 3 years!  How did you end up celebrating?  I hope it was fun and that you had an amazing day!

How is everyone else doing?  Looks like the board has been a bit quiet lately...hope all are just busy doing some exciting things!

Prayers always being said for you all...

Tori

• LindaKR
    Options

March 19th is my 3 year cancerversary!!!  April 4th is my 3 year NED (I guess), anniversary of my MX!

• MondaysChild
    MondaysChild Member Posts: 161
    Options

I am 2010, also, but later in the year.  You all seem so happy and positive.  Why am I so sad and still cry at night in the dark? Why am I not done? I was not allowed to complete my reconstruction the first part of last year so I think that is some of it. That I am still staring down more surgery needed is depressing. Five was not enough? But still, this should not be so hard. How do I find a place of peace? I am tired of trying to be okay.

• LindaKR
    Options

MondaysChild - Have you considered no reconstruction?  At least that way you're done with surgery, I chose not to reconstruct and am very happy, actually considering having  a prophylactic MX for the "good" breast!  and, I'm not always cheery about this whole thing - I still have a ton of SE's, and just want to feel "better".

• torigirl
    Options

MondaysChild---you are certainly not alone in the way you feel...I think we all still go there...you know, those 'dark' places...Geez, when I go there, it sometimes seems that I won't come back out...but I do...and you will too.  I come back here...a lot...not always posting, but reading and learning from all these amazing people.  Some folks join support groups...and others are taking the necessary meds they need to get back on track...there is not "right" way to get back to where you want to be.  We are always here for you....just know that.

LindaKR--I know how you feel too...SE's suck...

I take them in stride, as best as I can, and just keep chugging along...

Take care all...

• Sherryc
    Options

Shells congrats and Mondays child we all have our dark days.  I'm sure the fact that you are not finished with reconstruction has alot to do with it.  I am finally finished with mine and it has done wonders for my attitude.  But as Linda said may no reconstruction is not such a bad idea.  I went into mine thinking if it did not work out I could be OK with none but wanted to at least give it a try.

• MondaysChild
    MondaysChild Member Posts: 161
    Options

Thanks, Sherry. Maybe not being done with reconstruction is all that it is about. I am hoping I can pull myself up to get the needed revisions and then move on. I could have moved through it before because, after five surgeries, I was "in the habit" of it.  But I was told not for almost a year for me and now don't know if I have it in me to rally and do this anymore.

I had explored having them removed because of the pain andjust having no recon. But all docs said no and that if they were removed, I would be disfigured from the implants distorting my ribs. So no removal for me and instead I go to a pain management physician I was referred to.  This is not the way I thought the last part of my life would be. Oh, well.

• Elisimo
    Options

Monday - I don't think any of us thought this was the way the last part of our lives would be.  I have been a dark place for a couple of weeks and I am just now coming out of it.  I have been doing a lot of sewing/quilting.  That is my form of therapy to get me back in the swing of things.  We all have our own way out. For some it is shopping or cooking or spending time here on the boards.  Whatever works is good.

Shelly - congratulations on your 3 year cancerversary and NED aniversary.  My cancerversary is in July and I have been stable for 5 months now so that aniversary will be a while longer in coming.  Hope you had a wonderful celebration.

Hugs to all. AJ

• Sherryc
    Options

Monday I understand about the surgeries.  I have also had 5 in the last 2 1/2 years.  I told my PS at the last one that I really hoped this was it because it had become way to routine and I was not nervous.  He agreed that I had had enough.  Thankfully this last surgery worked and I do think I am done now.

AJ sorry to hear you have been in a funk lately, but glad you are coming out of it.  I took up some sewing projects at Christmas and realized how much I had missed sewing.  Wanted to start some new projects and then I broke my machine.  I just it back last week so I need to scout out a project.