Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2010 Sisters

Options

Comments

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Granny - hope you are feeling better soon too.

• BoomersMom
    BoomersMom Member Posts: 28
    Options

After a lot of therapy (by myself and with BoomersDad), I decided to give Tamoxifen one more shot.  My boyfriend has expressed to me that he is not comfortable with having a baby with me right now without me giving Tamoxifen a really good shot.  I don't want to go back on it, but with everyone in my life telling me that I should do this, I feel a lot of pressure.  I'm dreading it so much.  Tamoxifen made me so depressed, even on anti-depressants, and I had a shit time trying to concentrate.  Plus, no libido at 32.  Ugh, I hate this.  With all my friends getting pregnant left and right, I'm trying to alter my body to prevent a distant reoccurence from ever occuring.  I know there are people out there who have it worse than me, but man I'm feeling so selfish right now.  I feel like i should have the QOL of a normal 32 year old, but Im' not normal.

I wish breast cancer was a real person I could beat the snot out of.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Boomers that must be a very hard thing being so young and all your friends having babies.  How long were you on Tamoxifen before taking a break and have you consulted with your MO about having a baby.  I think I saw somewhere that some were told to take tamoxifen two years then they could break and have a baby and then go back a finish the tamoxifen.  Take quote me on that but pretty sure I read it somewhere.  Did not realized we were lumpectomy buddies.  I ended up with BMX and reconstruction as well.

• BoomersMom
    Options

I was only on Tamoxifen for 6 months before I stopped.  The SEs sucked.  I couldn't concentrate, no libido, horrible depression.  

Our stats are pretty similar, Sherry, minus Tamoxifen.  My BMX was two months after yours.

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

If I were in your shoes, I would ask for a PET scan (if you haven't had one) to see if you are really in the clear of BC. Your DX line says Stage 1, no nodes were positive and you've had chemo and radiation, so you've done everything else.

Pregnancy will cause a surge of female hormones, of course so that is the worry IF there are any cancer cells lurking (reason for the PET scan). I say if you are clear, then skip the Tamox, have a baby (with boyfriend??, might want to make that permanent first...), and in a few years go back on the Tamox. You don't want to be depressed while caring for an infant. It's hard enough without that.

Just my two cents.

• Elisimo
    Options

Anyone here switch from Femara to another AI?  What were you switched to and what were the SE you experiecned.  My MO is wanting to switch me to something else because I cannot tolerate any of the generic formulations of Femara and the name brand is so expensive.  My co-pay would be $500.00!  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks AJ

• shells43
    Options

Hi Amy Jo! Merry Christmas!

• Sherryc
    Options

Amy Jo sorry I can't help I have never taken an AI.  Hope you all had a merry Christmas.  Came down with pancreatitis, now on meds and looking to see what else I can do to clean up my diet although it was already pretty clean.  Going for a CT on Monday and see the Dr on Friday.  Not really sure they will be able to tell me why I have gotten this as everything that I read for high risk I am non of those things.   HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! oh and I am going to be a grandma again, yeah

• LindaKR
    LindaKR Member Posts: 1,304
    Options

Amyjo - sometimes you can get your doctor to write a letter of medical necessity for the name brand and your insurance will kick in a little more, or the manufacturer has discounted rates too sometimes - you would have to check directly with whoever the manufacturer is.  Good luck.  Now that I see your name is Amy Jo that rings a bell, have we been on other sites together?

• Elisimo
    Options

Sherryc - Hope you get some answers this week.  Congratulations on the new grandchild! They are so precious and such fun.

LindaKR - It is possible that you have seen me on another thread as I pop in and out of several. I'll look for you around the other ones I have a favorites.  The MO already has written the letter of Medical Necessity and they approved for me to take the name brand, but then when I went to the pharmacy they said my part was $500.00.  Someone is not getting the correct information to the pharmacy.  It will all be a non-issue if he changes me to another AI.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Happy New Year to all my 2010 sistas.

We came a long way baby!!!!!!!

Wanna wish all of you a very happy and healthy New Year.

hugs,love and kisses

grannydukes

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Yes we did GD! Happy New Year to us all!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

Happy New Year! Look out 2013 HERE WE COME:!:!:!:!:!

• Sherryc
    Options

Happy New Year all my 2010 sisters.  Here is to everyone having a great 2013!!!!

• Elisimo
    Options

Wishing everyone joy and blessings in 2013.  AJ

• shells43
    Options

Happy 2013 Mammo today, and lots of microcalcs on my good side. Poop. Got mags again in the super-squisher. BUT the new radiologist is a woman, Dr. Gardner, and I really liked her. She talked to me a long time about herself and her kids (same age as mine) and how I found my BC, treatments, etc. Very nice lady. Since it's a new machine, they have to order my images from the old place and compare them (oops, I was supposed to bring them). I guess I'll find out next week if they the microcalcs are new or the same ones.

• MondaysChild
    MondaysChild Member Posts: 161
    Options

shells, did you see Mary Gardner who used to be in Tampa?  If so, she was the same radiologist who did my biopsy and gave me the diagnosis of cancer in 2010.  I think she is a wonderful doctor and I was sorry to see her leave Tampa.

• Sherryc
    Options

shells sure hope they are the same ones and not new ones.

• shells43
    Options

Yes, Monday, it was Mary Gardner. I really liked her. She said she was at USF teaching for awhile and also at Moffitt so I really feel like I'm in great hands. She is in my BS's office in Davenport. They worked together along time ago. She is from Winter Haven, so she said it is like coming home. They have a brand new machine and I could see the microcalcs clear as day.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Shells, prayers going up!

• shells43
    Options

Thanks, Barbara, how are you doing? I'll be back at TI in March! Want some eggs benedict!

• BoomersMom
    Options

Happy New Year!  I know I'm late on my hoilday well wishes, but better late than never.

• Elisimo
    Options

Good News on my name brand Famara!  Just got 90 day supply for $74.00!!!! that is less than what I was paying for the generic.  So very glad they finally got everything straightened out.

Hope everyone had lots of good news in 2013.  Love you all. AJ

• LindaKR
    Options

AJ - how did you do it?

• Elisimo
    Options

LindaKR - MO wrote a letter of necessity and the insurance company went back over my record and found where they had authorized the name brand for me after so many SE from all the known generics, so they approved it and sent the information to the pharmacy.  Things work when you finally get everyone on the same page at the same time.

AJ

• Elisimo
    Options

I got some good news about my DGD#1 that had viral miningitis since Nov. 26.  Had to have brain surgery today to releive the pressure especially around her optic nerve.  Surgery went well and the drain is keeping the pressure down so no more headaches and vomiting.  She can now get some much need rest. So can the rest of the family.  Last couple of days have been very emotional, stressful, and thankful for so many of my sisters here that have been praying for Kendall. (Details are on my FB page for those that know me there.)

• LindaKR
    Options

Awesome Elisimo - on both the name brand and your DGD (granddaughter?). 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Oh AJ---I have been keepin up with your fb posts.

I do believe in miracles.

love and hugs to your entire family.

And you too!!!!Glad you got the meds.

• Elisimo
    Options

Thank you to all of you that have been following my fb news about Kendall.  I love you all so very much and you have made such an impression on my family at your love, prayers and support for all of us.  They used to think that my support groups here on BCO really did not care about anything that went on in each others lives.  Now they know differently.  Thank you again my dear sisters.

• Sherryc
    Options

AJ that is such good news on your granddaughter.

I have been really busy at work lately.  Also DH and I started a new ministry that is keeping me quiet busy in the evening and weekends.  I am doing great and feeling great.  I go back to the PS on Feb 5th and hopefully will get good news that the reconstruction is staying in place this time.  I think it is but then again I stay paranoid about it as well.  DH says he is going to cover the mirrors in the house so I can't see myself. haha