Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• Katarina
    Katarina Member Posts: 99
    edited October 2011

When you can tell your radiation technician that he's lucky he can tell his buds that he tapes women's boob or foobs daily and get paid for it. I'm living proof.

• thisisme
    thisisme Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2011

when you leave your foob at the pool and are not sure if you should go look for it at the lost and found our just leave it.

Crap 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited October 2011
    This is a time to have a personal relationship with your priest or reverend, how could they refuse one of there flock in such need to have something done for themInnocent
  • nanadeb
    nanadeb Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2011

It took me almost 2 days off and on..

But was so worth it to read thru this thread.

So many things ring true...and yet so funny and sad at times.

I dont have nothing to add...But I just had to tell you gals to keep it going.

Love it !!

Debbi

My blog ~http://atoosassygal.blogspot.com/
  • mom2twins34
    mom2twins34 Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2011

I like to try to wait a whole week and then read all of the new ones-- you always manage to make me laugh! 

Here's my latest--from this past weekend:

"You know you're a cancer patient when..." You decide not to "splurge" on a mastectomy bathing suit and you wear your regular old suit when you take your kids to the indoor waterpark.  As you are sitting on the ledge in the whirlpool, you notice a guy from across the pool look down at your chest and then wink at you when he makes eye contact. 

And for the first time in a year and a half, you don't feel like a cancer patient... until you see why he winked at you--both of your foobs are popping up out of your suit and are trying to make a break for it...  And you realize he was just trying to keep you from traumatizing the kids in the pool! 

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited October 2011

Thnaks for the laugh, Mom2twins34.  A great way to start the weekend.

• mom2twins34
    mom2twins34 Member Posts: 19
    edited October 2011

you are welcome!  hope you had a nice weekend.  :-)

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2011

YKYACPW you have finished chemo three weeks ago, get released to go back to work, etc... You are reminded of your PFC status while on the tractor mowing the yard when the wind is blowing... and the hat goes flying off...  my barely there duck fuzz was just out there for all to see...Cool

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited October 2011
    ... When your chatting with someone and you ask, "Do you smell that?" and they look at you like you're crazy and then you realize it's their breath, but there's nothing wrong with THEIR breath... it's the fact that your sense of smell is SO MESSED UP that everything smells bad... even the good things!
  • Monty
    Monty Member Posts: 146
    edited October 2011

When you spend your Sunday afternoon converting regular bras into mastectomy bras, and are so pleased that you succeeded because you save money and get to wear bras like you always wore pre BC.  Problem was the 1st attempt I put the pocket on the wrong cup so I had to unpick and start again from scratch, but after 4 I was going strong - YIPPEE

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2011

YKYACPW you see "BMX" and think bilateral mastectomy and not bicycle moto-cross racing. 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2011

Lol Badger

• O2BAKAT
    O2BAKAT Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2011

Yes!!

• J-Bug
    J-Bug Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2011

YKYACPW you spend your grocery shopping time browsing the aisles of the pharmacy area thinking if there is any medication you need for any SE's. 

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited October 2011
    when you stop fudging on your age because you don't want to go back there... Here's to moving forward!
  • J-Bug
    J-Bug Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2011

YKYACPW your goal is for the fuzz on your head to grow out longer that the fuzz on your jawline.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2011

YnYCPW--------you question why your moustache isn't growing----does that mean something 's growing someplace  else that shouldn't be? AND every one else looks at you wierd b/c you think that this is a symptom of an AI not working? AND there is a brain tumor growing?

Meningioma<----------->BC             and they don't know that this can be the connection. Then you have to tell the ONC the most recent available surgeries available?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited October 2011

SAS, get a magnified mirror, you'll see your mustache just fine as gray hair!!

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited October 2011

.... When your going out for the evening and you realize it's way easier to take off your hair first while getting ready and brush it rather than keeping the darn thing on your head :-).

• Elizabeth1959
    Elizabeth1959 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2011

YNYCPW No matter how bad a hair day you're having, you're happy because you have your own god given hair and not a ball cap or wig.

Elizabeth

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2011

Barbe----the moustache problem-had to trim it several x's per week. Then it just stopped growing. Yes there are fine hairs there,but seriously worried , am I producing estrogen somewhere that has caused it to stop growing?

• shockedat39
    shockedat39 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2011

YKYACPW...you hear about a local radio station's "Little Pink Dress" Party and think to yourself, "Yeah, that's breast cancer, one big party." before you even know the details!

• kim40
    kim40 Member Posts: 125
    edited October 2011

You know you are a cancer patient when someone elbows you accidentally in your prothesis and they say they are sorry and you say "That's ok - it didn't hurt!"

• momoftwo526
    momoftwo526 Member Posts: 105
    edited October 2011

YNYCPW . . . you go to the dentist and start unbuttoning your blouse and the hygenist stops you and you say, "What, you don't want to look at my breasts???!!"

Phyllis

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250
    edited October 2011

when you don't even care anymore at daily radiation apt, that yet another male tech is staring at your breast lining up the light beams to zap you

• kim40
    kim40 Member Posts: 125
    edited October 2011

When you are going through treatment and you are so happy that you don't have to shave your arm pits or legs, two less things to worry about!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited October 2011

YKYACPW - You wake up and freak out thinking there is a spider on your pillow only to realize it is your eyebrow........

• misswim
    misswim Member Posts: 472
    edited November 2011

YKYACPW- After a night of trick or treating in 35 degree weather with your 11 year old, you realize that it isn't your fingers and toes that need to thaw out and warm up- it is your bald head that has 1/10 of an inch of hair it and your breast implants are like ice cubes on your chest...............time to invest in a new , heavier coat for winter!!!!

• bedo
    bedo Member Posts: 1,429
    edited November 2011

YKYACPW you fall asleep at 8:30 with your 2 black cats and your daughter's miniature poodle to keep you warm and turn off all the ligths, not to hide from trick or treaters, but because you're going to sleep!

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    edited November 2011

YKYACP when you're so bloated from chemo that a little girl at the pool asks if you have a baby in your belly.