Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• fujiimama
    fujiimama Member Posts: 236
    edited May 2013

Ykyacpw...you had a reputation for being a good girl in high school, then you show up at your 20 year reunion thinking " haha I've got drugs and I get to use them."

Phyllis that Dr. is a true quack. I guess she thinks she's truly God's gift to the rest if humanity. My id wants to thump her ego.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited May 2013

Ha fujimama, that should be a great sight - with the rest of us here to cheer you on!

Hope the new counsellor is worthy of you, Phyllis. Smile

YKYACP when, despite being asked to recite your date of birth at at least five separate points in the procedure you are haunted by a fear of having a mental blank and being unable to recall it.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited May 2013

PS Phyllis, I was thinking, when you walk in to your new counselling session, don't forget that you now have it on very good authority that you've been sent by God. So it's not they who are on contract to God, it's you. So they'd better be worthy!

I love your posts. You have such a wonderful sense of humour and keen observation of the absurd.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Rofl fuji - you made me choke on my waffle!

Feline - excellent point! Now if I can just remember for more than 12 seconds.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

Phillissss

You can remember something for 12 seconds????????

You are my hero!!!! My idol!!!!!!

How do you do it???? Special coffee!??? Inquiring minds need to know this important detail

I have brain farts it's gone as soon as I think of it. C'mon share

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Spookie, don't get too excited yet. I may have exaggerated just a little with the 12 second comment.

Today I had to apologize to my co-worker that I have worked with for 2 years. (We are a 4 person office.) I took my son in to meet everyone while he was in town and I freekin' forgot this woman's name. Just a dead blank. She was gracious and I was an eedjit. Ugh.

• fujiimama
    edited May 2013

Feeling feline....I'll make sure you have front row seating.

Ykyacpw when you get dressed based on what part of the body needs access. Today I looked great. Black skirt = shot in butt day,maroon low cut top = port access, flip flops = cozying in the big chair.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited May 2013

hahaha fuji - never thought of it quite like that.

• sciencegal
    sciencegal Member Posts: 546
    edited May 2013

LOL I love the "body parts access" post Fujiimama.

To elaboratea little bit-

YNYACPW- you choose a button down top for port access, short sleeves for the blood pressure monitor, pants for muga scan (it gets cold on the table) and crazy fun jewelry to cheer up the other BC sisters in the waiting room. I love my bling!

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited May 2013

Phyllis: don't feel badly, I turned to introduce my mother in law.....and blank .....nothing...after 34 years! Boy, was I embarrassed.

• fujiimama
    edited May 2013

Sciencegal thanks for the bling reminder. Plus the spa bag. I've teased my nurses that I'm there for my spa day. Cozy chair, unlimited juice cocktails, pillows, warm blankets, and every half hour they ask if I need anything.

• barsco1963
    edited May 2013

YKYACPW - you rejoice when you have a decent BM! Too much info perhaps - but Yaaaay!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited May 2013

Yup, understand that one!

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Lol barsco! It's such an accomplishment!

• shianne29
    shianne29 Member Posts: 282
    edited May 2013

Lol @ barsco. I was just sitting here eating my fibre bar thinking that when I go, I'm never going to stop!!!!

• fujiimama
    edited May 2013

Ah... the joy of pooping.

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited May 2013

Deep down everyone enjoys potty humor. I mean its such a "relief" right? If they don't appreciate it, they just need to learn to let "go." Ha ha ha ha ha!

I crack myself up sometimes, ha! crack, oh boy...

And no one truly appreciates the value of a good brand of tp until the $hi/ doesn't hit the fan, or it does too frequently. And don't even get me started on the times when you have to do bowel prep for a scope or surgery, then you learn the value of personal care moist towelettes. But here I'm just talking with the peeps who've been there already, right?

• Pattysmiles
    Pattysmiles Member Posts: 147
    edited May 2013

Lol, thank you mebmarj, I needed some good toilet humor.

Ykyacpw you refuse to discuss your bowel movements with your spouse, but WILL with total strangers (ok, not strangers, BC sisters!) on the BCO website!

I've not seen the personal wipes, but had only looked for them in a big box store, instead I bought a case of pampers ultra sensitive wipes. I figured if its good enough for a babies arse it's good enough for mine! Using them the first few days after chemo infusion as I hear the urine is toxic!

Pat

• fujiimama
    edited May 2013

Costco boxes of butt wipes. I have used them all. I actually know that I like the kirkland moist towlettes better than plan ol baby wipes. Nobutty butt you will be nice to your arse.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited May 2013

haven't tried those kind - which is weird as I buy just about everything else I own at Costco - the size of the box just intimidated me, I guess. 

• EmilysMom
    EmilysMom Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013

This is an awesome thread! Thanks to whomever started it!!!

Canteventhink of allthefunny ones I read,but omg..l they are sooooo true!!!

You know you're a cancer patient if...

Your sink counter is filled with both Iron andSenna S and Imodium and fiber bars and just about every vitamin including stuff u never heard of!!!

And that one isn't even funny. I will have to rack my brain to come up with something good!!! LOL!

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited May 2013

Ykyacpw...when you have Zincofax diaper cream in your cart and there's no babies in sight!

UHG....I know all about toxic urine...I plaster that stuff front to back...and it really works!

Yep fugiimama I bought those wipes as well....I don't buy food anymore lol!

Pat, that's priceless....married 42 years and i NEVER discussed bm with hubby before BC, crap...how things change! Xoxox Jo

• Michele2013
    Michele2013 Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2013

Ykyacpw-your at the onc's office and you grab 2 or 3 blue medline bags for your vehicle and your purse. Sooooo convenient!!!

• indenial
    indenial Member Posts: 125
    edited May 2013

Those blue bags!! I now keep them stashed in my car in case my kid gets carsick!

YKYACPW you haven't heard from your friends in weeks or months but you wake up this morning to find a bunch of messages from them... every single one about Angelina Jolie's preventative BMX.

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2013

Ha ha YES! My facebook feed is all about her BMX. Do they not know I am all over the internet all the time!!! Side note- good for her. Glad she made the decision to have them removed. Fear alone makes us brave sometimes.

• Pattysmiles
    Pattysmiles Member Posts: 147
    edited May 2013

YKYACPW you read the news that Angelina Jolie has come out about her BMX due to positive BRCA gene and think "good for her". BUT, panic that now everyone will be rushing to their doctors to be tested and want that same surgery, which might cause a delay for me! (Pictures in my head of waits on doctor Appts. , OR waits etc...)

• fujiimama
    edited May 2013

Ykyacpw your idea of being well hung...none of your tubes get tangled on the way to the looo.

• barsco1963
    edited May 2013

fuji - lol. Definitely gives another meaning to the phrase.

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Lol Fuji! Too funny

• julz4
    julz4 Member Posts: 1,373
    edited May 2013

Fuji you are so darn funny thanks for the smile!

As for the potty humor in our house nothing is sacred with 4 boys! 2 have Crohn's disease & one severe IBS! So "IT" hits the fan frequently in our house! With my GERD I'm no lady at times as I can belch with the best of them!!!!

As for wipes we use the huggies natural because they're gentle & are priced cheap at Wally world! My youngest who is one that has Crohn's had C-Diff shortly after he was DXed for 5 months! We went through a lot!

Keep em coming ladies!