Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2015

owwwww are you and them ok

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited January 2015

YKYACPW you have a box in your closet labeled "left breast"

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited January 2015

Funny!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2015

Luckily they were fine....hence I'm good...Loopy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited January 2015

Odie16 can just imagine bystanders watching you feel your foobs ---this way and that way. Maybe they thought you were looking for your glasses?

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2015

Sas, I checked them before I even got out of the car...LOL.Loopy

Would have need psychotherapy if one had ruptured.....

• sas-schatzi
    edited January 2015

okay odie.......YKYACPW sitting almost any where and you find your self absentmindedly doing foob  massage.

Odie so get it-----^%$#@* and more (^@   I can't go through these )(*^$ things again!

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited January 2015

YKYACP when you can chat with your one of your best friends casually (who also went though cancer, chemo, etc.) and compare where our hair grew back and where it didn't ;-).

• fujiimama
    fujiimama Member Posts: 236
    edited January 2015

ykyacpw- you wish the hair hadn't grown back in other places. I miss my silky smooth pits.

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,635
    edited January 2015

ykyacpw you know where EVERY bathroom is in EVERY grocery store in town (thanks to chemo)

ykyacpw you become an expert at applying false eyelashes

ykyacpw your eyebrows don't match because you drew them in poorly

• Akevia
    Akevia Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015

when you show your mom your new prosthesis and she feels it and says oh this is really nice!!!

True story!! Lol

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited January 2015

When you don't completely panic with the Big D and up chucking in one day. And he next day you have the Big C.

• georgiarai
    georgiarai Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2015

When it's the coldest day of the year, and you're the only one with your car window down.

• georgiarai
    edited January 2015

When everyone in the house knows - no matter how cold it gets - NOT to give you "the cancer blanket" (because you took it to chemo with you, and have hated the sight & feel of it ever since).

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

Um Hm!!! I threw out my chemo shirt, worn for easy port access. Same reason

• lyzzysmom
    lyzzysmom Member Posts: 285
    edited January 2015

DH hated pistachios for years after somebody bought him a large bag during chemo back in 1998

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2015

3 years later I gag at the sight of Activa yogurt the chemo nursed told me to eat

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2015

Yes, I can't eat Subway now because of chemo...makes me kind of gag thinking of it. bleh

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685
    edited January 2015

ykyacpw.. You keep hotpaws handy for cold days... not for your hands, but your foob..or should I say icepack

• fujiimama
    fujiimama Member Posts: 236
    edited January 2015

During Chemo I purposefully ate Fillet O Fish, because it sounded good and I knew there would be no love loss if I hated them later. I refused to eat anything I loved for fear of hating it later.

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited January 2015

My friends knew I had BC when I met them for coffee, and took my hat off. With my beautiful blonde wig still in the hat!

I went for my full body scan and had to lay on the table and the tech said that he had to tie my hands so they didn't fall off the edge, and I replied Thank You! and told him he could tie my ankles too!

After the body scan the tech came back in to untie me, and and I was so sad it was over so quick. It reminded me of my old boyfriend.

When you see your own hair growing back and we all say it's almost a 1/2 inch LONG?

Keep laughing.....it's good for the soul!

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited January 2015

YKYACPW you're driving along the highway and took your hat off because of a hot flash, and the guy in the car next to you does a double take when you wave thanks at him for letting you in.

• Beachbum1023
    edited January 2015

YKYACPW after being told all my life that I look exactly like my Mother, I lose my hair and look like my Dad!

• georgiarai
    edited January 2015

YES, beachbum!!  I took my hat off at a family dinner once and my sister-in-law actually gasped and said "I never realized how much you look like your brother!"

• Beachbum1023
    edited January 2015

GeorgiaRai, LOL hilarious! That was the first thing I thought of when I saw my hairless head! Even my brothers don't look like my Dad! Even funnier when I thought about how happy I was to lose the moustache without wax.

After I finished chemo I saw my chemo nurses when I went to see my MO. I told them I wanted a refund or booster dose, the hair on legs started growing back, now that was a nice SE!

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2015

I agree, I loved not having hairy legs :)

Dh said something similar to me about looking like my dad when I was bald. haha, weird how that happens!

You know you are a cancer patient when the pharmacist and pharm tech know you by name :)

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited January 2015

GeorgiaRai - know that one about the car windows (Tamoxifen central heating)

BeachBum - I had my head shaved (as soon as my hair started to molt). There was a little stubble grew the day or two after the shave. It was very prickly, ugly and came off on the pillow. As I could pull it out with my fingers with no pain whatsoever I decided to do something to get rid of it all. Got a roll of duct tape and used it to "depile" by sticking it to my head section by section and pulling it off. Never felt a thing as those hair roots were dead. Did it on my own when hubby at work, kids at school. When I finished I looked up from the sink I was standing at, straight into the mirror, shiny bald head, and there was my Dad looking back at me. Didn't even need someone else to tell me (although they did) it was THAT obvious.

• sas-schatzi
    edited January 2015

feelingfeline what a great idea for the stubble. :)

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited January 2015

mY ALL TIME FAVORITE WAS THE DENTIST ONE, ALSO.  bUT NOW I REALLY LOVE FLIPPING THE WIG TO WARD OFF THE FLIRTERS.......

• mommacat4
    mommacat4 Member Posts: 60
    edited January 2015

lol. The funny thing about looking like one parent or another. My dad actually had more hair than my mom. But he looked like Santa Clause. Build like him too. Lol.

And that is a great idea about the hair stubble as long as it doesn't hurt. I have had a constant headache since my chemo. I have only had 1 round so far.