Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• TreadSoftly
    TreadSoftly Member Posts: 88
    edited September 2010

.......when you hear a certain song on the radio or you i-pod, and it happens to be on the CD that was in your car when you were first diagnosed, and those awful memories of diagnosis and chemo come rushing back to you....what does it for me is Lyin' Eyes by the Eagles and Je Ne Regrette Rien by Edith Piaff....  Such a pity, because I really liked those songs pre-BC!

• clariceak
    clariceak Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2010

when the mosquitos are biting everyone but you, because even mosquitos know better than to drink chemo ladden blood

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2010

Now there's a benefit!

• KittyDog
    KittyDog Member Posts: 656
    edited September 2010

When you are updating a medical form and can't fill in the one that asks for your spouses work.  I drew a complete blank and kept thinking to myself DHEC...but I knew that was wrong.  lol  It was DSS at least I had the first letter right.  Oh and I had to wait all day to ask DH where do you work. 

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited September 2010

I have two brain damaged dogs and today I bought one of those styrofoam wig heads, put my wig on it and left it on the kitchen table. I went in the bedroom and in a minute I heard the dogs barking and having a fit. So I came back in the room and they had my wig head surrounded. Boy, they were going to get her!!!

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

The dog stories are so funny....... this isn't cancer related, but when we evacuated for Katrina my oldest daughter only took one change of clothes in addition to what she was wearing thinking we'd be home in a day or so.....needless to say we weren't - she only had one bra.  We were sitting on my aunt's patio having wine late one night and there stood her two dogs - each with one half of the bra in their mouths - they must have played tug of war.  Dogs/Cats - they really can make us laugh.

gin - last year my best friend wanted to paint my bald head into a pumpkin....glad I could be of amusement.

• Firni
    Firni Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2010

So what kind of coasters are you using?  Cork?  Wish my DH would sit.  At least he does put the seat back down.

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited September 2010

... when something funny happens and you can't wait to come to this thread to share a laugh

... when something wasn't funny and you come here so that someone will help you see the humor in it

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited September 2010

When you husband find a tuff of your dog's black fur and kiddingly says, "Look honey, it's your eyelashes!"  I had to laugh because it really did look like my eyelashes (maybe I should glue the fur on my eyes - LOL)! 

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2010

You Know You're a Cancer Patient When.....................

You have progressed from forgetting the whole word to remembering the letter it starts with but..........still can't remember the proper word until 2 days later in the middle of another conversation.

Sheila.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2010

Hey Aus I can really re;late to that...lol

• mnmom
    mnmom Member Posts: 1,841
    edited November 2010

YKYACP..

When your kitten tries to nurse off your lymph arm instead of your chest. (it is the squishiest part of me other than my can. lol

• DancerMel28
    DancerMel28 Member Posts: 25
    edited September 2010

YKYACP......

When you sit there listening to some friends complain about being so tired/having a cold/headache etc and you smile to yourself and think you have no idea what being 'sick' is like, BUT THEN at the same time you are very glad that they don't. Smile

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited September 2010

I work with a girl who calles in sick once a week, at least...I think, my god I took less time off than her, and I had cancer.

• kskier
    kskier Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2010

When your two-year-old (who has already asked you "where's your boobies") has the distinction of being the only kid on the block whose father has bigger boobs than her mother.

Thanks to my DH - he loves to tell this one.  

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited September 2010

When one of these posts you find so funny and want to share with a friend who doesn't have a clue how to react - they are just not sure it is ok it also find it amusing well, except taking the dog's antibotics who can not laugh at that one.

Kitty- love the dog fluff! Perhaps you can start a new trend or give locks of love challenge with pet fur? Ok, maybe not.

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited September 2010

...when it takes you a week to read all 36 pages of this thread.

...when you are on the 4th Annual Breast Cancer Survivor's Cruise, sharing a room with 2 women you met on BCO and one of them asks (in the middle of the night)..."Jane, did you just fart?" and all 3 of you laugh until you cry because only another survivor knows what a chemo fart (even long after chemo is completed) smells like.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

LMAO.....these really are so funny.

........when your co-worker announces to everyone in the area that they have to get flu shots (our office had free shots today) because you have cancer.  Really???  I am finished with treatment....I really didn't need a reminder announcement to guilt everyone into their flu shots.

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    edited September 2010

That's great free flu shots... cause you had cancer...???  What were they thinking!!  :)  Nice gesture, poor execution!!   When I first read it, I thought it was alcohol shots... now that is proper execution!!!  LOL

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    edited September 2010

Leanna9- LOL!

• koshka1
    koshka1 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2010

When one of your nipples points north....and the other nipple points south!

Oh my these are funny...i almost pee'd reading them.

Kosh

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited September 2010

When you wear a light hoodie around the house (with the hood on your head) and keep it on, take it off, put it back on and take it off - gotta love Chemopause!!! 

Stanzie - I like the idea of locks of love with fur (shedded fur).  My dog Bear would have a LOT to donate!  He sheds like crazy!!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited September 2010

YKYACP when you sit at your computer with blankets bundled around your legs and your fuzzy housecoat on....and the overhead fan beating away!

• jdootoo
    jdootoo Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2010

when you have a conversation with your son's schoolmate's dad for 5 minutes thinking he is one of the teachers at the school, even after he tells you his name! Then he gets that "you don't know who I am, do you?" look on his face before saying goodbye and you don't realize your mistake until you are halfway home... ugh!

One love, Jackie

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited September 2010

barbe - OMG...that is me every night...LOL  These are just too funny...

....when you regularly have dinner at the neighbors and can't wait to share some of the posts you read on here - and, let them know that some of the stupid stuff I do that makes them roar with laughter - I post here and then there is more laughter and asking 'did you post that thing you did the other day?'.  Most excellent dinner giggles...it is a wonder we every finish eating.  It gets doubly funny when the other neighbor in our group that has MS comes too and then we really sound like 3 cackling witches with the dumb stuff we do.  Add the husband confined to a scooter and thats pretty much it for being able to put food in one's mouth with choking on it from laughing so hard.

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited September 2010
    lowrider- LOL!  Can you imagine what a great sitcom your dinner scenes would make?  It could be  the Golden Girls Roseannadanna show!
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited September 2010

...when you can look into your handful of pills and right away know "there's a green one missing"!

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited September 2010

when it takes you 10 minutes to get your bed just right even though you don't have to sit sleeping up anymore... pillow on the left so you don't roll over... pill on the right so DH doesn't accidentally touch your foobs... pillow under your knees so your back doesn't hurt from sleeping on it... just a sheet thank you cuz I know I'll be hot... but keep the light blanket and the down comforter nearby for when I get a chill... ok now move the doxie from between my legs and ... oops forgot to take my pills... let's start over... pillow, pillow, pillow, blanket, comforter, doxie... oh! could someone turn off the light please?

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited September 2010
    AStorm-LOL!  I look like an igloo in bed, pillows, pillows everywhere!
  • Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited September 2010

No one would believe it cause it is true!Lowrider, I also have MS so tring to figure out what symptom goes with cancer, MS, Menopause or just plain confusion is always amusing to my kids especially the wrong words like asking them to let out the fish.