Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited September 2010

Not to make light of previosly mentioned feelings, I can't help but giggle every time I see "chemotarded." The first time the word was use the little voice that reads the words in my head said chemo TURDED.  It was a dead stop, WTF moment for sure! 

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited September 2010

NM - Well, we do have bodily functions on our minds (what's left of them) chemo-turded would be appropriate for my new found bathroom moments (many bathroom moments or lack thereof). Makes perfectly good sense to me! 

....when you alternate between running as fast as you can to the potty (when able) and wishing and hoping that something WILL happen when you get there.

• mnmom
    mnmom Member Posts: 1,841
    edited August 2013

YKYACPW....your lymph finger wont scan the time clock after work so you can not punch out. (guess it swelled or something) but got paid for 10 minutes extra while they figured out how to enter a second finger.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited August 2013

Yeah, thanks gals for the input and for getting me off of the 'politically correct' stool I put myself on.

.....when you are out surf fishing (today) in 45 mile an hour winds and you cast and hook yourself in the a$$ with a #2 gold hook...it was the only thing i caught today. My freaking fanny is so huge that there is no way in hell I could get the hook out by myself...I mean I couldn't even see the thing let alone reach it. I cannot imagine what the tourists were thinking as I was doing a Three Stooges act on the beach trying to figure out how to get the hook out of my butt. Finally blind-snipped it with wire cutters and pulled it thru the skin-oooowwwweee!! EmbarassedSurprisedYellTongue outSV

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

SV - I would have loved to have seen that on video.

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited September 2010

SV ouch, you almost made me faint.

There is spell check here.  It is the little (ABCcheck mark) at the top of the reply box.  I couldn't live without it.  I am a sucky speller.

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited September 2010
    StillVertical-  You are going to star in the TV sitcom!  Now THAT is the biggest catch ever!
  • mnmom
    edited November 2010

micheleboots...was that for me cause I wrote time clack? HAHA

I just corrected it but spell check did not recognize it. Besides I just chemoly forget to do it half the time ....sorry

SV, LOL

• junie
    junie Member Posts: 784
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW......your bladder is bursting and you are frantically trying to get into your hotel room and keep getting a red light!   Finally realize you are using your Player's Card instead of the room key card!!    Conversely, you put your room key card in a slot machine and play for hours thinking you are earning comp credits......I didn't do the slot machine but a dear bc sister did at a get-together several years ago in Tahoe--the look on her face was priceless!!!   Okay, maybe there were "chemicals" involved beyond chemo at the time!!!!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2010

LMAO Junie, I did that this weekend, but already forgot....did I try to get in the room with my players card, or did I try to earn comps with my room key! Oh well.........chemotard I am!

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited September 2010

when you want so bad to be NORMAL again.  And then your bc friend reminds you that we have a "new normal" ....  I don't know what I'd do without my survivor friends!  :)

when you have to write everything down or you will surely forget it!!!

I'm glad this thread is back to being fun again!!!  :)

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2010

YKYACPWhen..................you see your favourite OTC pain meds on sale at a pharmacy chain and make multiple trips in and out of each store on different days, buying as much as you can.  At the end of the sale week you have so many packets that you can't find a good place to 'hide' them in case a visitor/someone stumbles on them and thinks you're a drug addict.

Sheila.

• Jane_M
    Jane_M Member Posts: 932
    edited September 2010

When you fill so many prescriptions and buy so many OTCs, that you are the #3 customer at your local CVS. (I'd hate to know how much #1 buys)

• flopsy
    flopsy Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW Your brother gives you a new name last night-CHEMOZHEIMER- it does fit because I have the memory thing going on.  Hope it does not lead to the real thing.  My mother is in assisted living because of dementia so who knows.

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    edited September 2010
    gin2ca, that's a good one.  My mother had Alzheimers, and I also wonder at times.  Hmm, is it....chemobrain.....early Alzheimers?  My poor brain!
  • AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited September 2010

Jane - I'm probably #1, or at least #2 on OTCs alone!  I take A,C,D,E, acidophilus, zinc, iron and calcium supplements but I also have to buy 7 versions of each until I find one that a) I can actually swallow, and b) doesn't create a gastro-intestinal issue.

YKYACPW you just spent the past hour taking digital photos of your new foobs and uploading them for your bc sisters' approval.

• mnmom
    edited November 2010

AStorm......photos of your new foobs?????They look more like a dog to me LOL

YKYACPW.....you strain trying to see foobs in a photo of a dog.Embarassed

• micheleboots
    edited September 2010

DOG BOOBS.....WHA, laughing my ass off...

• AStorm
    edited September 2010

you guys are soooo funny! LMAO! There are actual tears on my face! No, the puppy has no foobs. I posted pics on the picture forum. Can't believe how long it took to accomplish that.

• mnmom
    edited November 2010

I wonder if dogs would have as much fun with foobs as they have some wigs?????LMAO ....everytime I visit here.

Thanks

• AStorm
    edited September 2010

mnmom -

YKYACPW the thought of a dog having fun with foobs makes you shiver

• micheleboots
    edited September 2010

I have  cat that likes Polly Pocket cloths.  They are the little rubber doll cloths.  He likes to go into my daughters room and take them then drop them down the stairs. I have a fear that he will take off with my foob, and I will see it rolling down the stairs into the basement. Boing boing boobie.

• mnmom
    edited November 2010

AStorm I do not have a dog but I was warned at the foob shop not to let dogs / cats near them....

cause they puncture & rip them up.

YKYACPW you automatically cover your foob with your hand around dogs /cats cause you do not want to have to pay soooo much just for a foob again!!! (Yes even though it is under a shirt & bra.)

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited September 2010

When you have Katie Perry's song "You're Hot and You're Cold" in your head, as you sing your own version for your chemopause...  all day long!!!  I guess this is a precursor for what menopause will be like when they remove my ovaries!  Lucky me!!!

When you are so thirsty, yet you lose your bottle of water while you're shopping!  Oh, this chemobrain is too much for me!!! 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2010

When you check your pantry to make a list of what you need then go shopping without the list.....damn....just did that and forgot half of what I needed.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited September 2010

I do that all the time...

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2010

YKYACPWhen..................in one week you........A/...... get to the check-out and discover your purse is missing, only to find it on the floor behind the drivers seat of your car.......B/....drop your keys beside you vehicle in the mall carpark and are lucky to have them found by an honest person.........C/......become umbilically attached to a shopping trolley/cart because you have attached a chain to the token which releases the  trolley from a million other trolleys and it has jammed.....with your handbag attached to the other end of the chain.

Sheila.

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited September 2010

YKYACP when you're thinking of getting a job at Whole Foods so you can get a discount on all the vitamins, supplements, organic foods, and natural body care products you now buy (but you just can't quit wine or dessert!!)

YKYACP when your onc prescribes retail therapy and you're too tired to use your prescription! What is up with that?!  

YKYACP when you have 72,000+ sisters!!  One of those mixed feelings things....so many women here at bco.  

YKYACP when the poor pool guy has walked into your backyard where you were sitting bald one week, braless in a t-shirt another (after rads, and not a pretty sight!)  

YKYACP when you don't care how many service people see you sitting in your backyard bald or braless!!  You're too hot to care, and besides, it seems like half the city has seen you topless anyway!!  (This is when it would be nice if they were new, perky ones tho Wink)

YKYACP you're seriously considering a move to, say, Colorado because you're soooo tired of the Vegas heat and the miserable hot flashes!!!

• Lady_Madonna
    edited September 2010

I think someone posted this before, but you know when you're trying to have an argument with your husband and you can't get the words...?!!!  Oh, I hate that!!!  I used to be able to counter almost any ridiculous thing he threw at me, now I'm just sitting there sputtering in frustration-  argh!!!

Does anyone else find that when you're emotional the chemo brain is especially bad?

• Lady_Madonna
    edited September 2010
    StillVertical, I happened upon your bio while searching for people in the Denver area.  You're not, but I want to be you when I grow up!  Wow!!  I loooove fishing too.  What a fantastic life you've lead.  Sure, there were ups and downs, but you have lived my sistah!!  I have to beat this beast so the rest of my life can be the best of my life!!