Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• Laurie_R
    Laurie_R Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2010

Hey everyone who has the shifting bra ie like sliding up or shifting to the side I have a solution for this so PM me and I'll share

• DancerMel28
    DancerMel28 Member Posts: 25
    edited September 2010
    YKYACPW you spend 10 mins trying to grate cheese cursing the stupid cheese grater for not working.......then realise you're trying to grate it on the wrong side of the grater Embarassed
  • AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2010

Uh...Ok, Barbe, that seems to be a doable solution for the greater good.

I guess being a c.p. means you lose your cheffing abilities, huh?

Sheila.

Congrats on your elevation to grandmother in the sistah-hood too, by the way! We've both gotta find another carrot now, too!

Sheila. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited September 2010

Sheila, what's a c.p.? I'm sure it's something easy, but the brain ain't making connections this early...

My next carrot was due on the 23rd and if it doesn't come this weekend, it's mother is being induced on Monday!! The carrot after that is moving on October 7th......

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited September 2010

I'm thinking c.p. means cancer patient

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

Sheila - your recent actions in the kitchen sound a lot like myself during chemo.  I do agree with the others.......it's time to step away from the kitchen.  Claim chemo brain.  More than once I turned on my stove and walked away, came back into the kitchen to find that I was burning the pot, the spoon in the pot or food.

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited September 2010

Sheila-  Lord have mercy!  You are going to make the evening news! 

YKYACPW- You go to the fridge to get cream for your coffee and realize you are holding the water pitcher instead of the cream.  Luckily I didn't pour!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited September 2010

....when your best friend ever has signed up an runs in the 10K for BC held on the island yesterday and I totally forgot the event was even happening. And he calls today whining....where were you...and I have NO excuse except that I forgot. And he is out there busting his ass in the heat yesterday and ran the 10K in one hour...and I was supposed to be at the finish line getting photos of him!! NOT! I feel like such a heel!! SV

• barbe1958
    edited September 2010
    OOOOoooh, that's a tough one SV. How're going to get out of that one!?
  • chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited September 2010

when you get a dish of ice cream and put the container "back" in the microwave.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited September 2010

SV, don't beat yourself up, sh*t happens!

• DesignerMom
    edited September 2010
    Still Vertical-  Been there done that type of thing.  Actually forgot my Rads consult a few weeks ago!  He's your BF, he will understand.  I say cook up that whopper of a fish you caught and invite him for a thankyou dinner.  Just be careful you don't try to blow up the kitchen like Sheila nearly did!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2010

I am staying away from anything that might ignite per Sheila.....Geesus, i feel lower than Whale Shyte. David sponsored me and he paid like 100 dollars to run in the race-God I have never done anything like this to my BBF. But despite his whining, he did say that he wants to go out sailing tonight under the stars-so I will have "Tommy's Gourmet Market' make him a picnic feast and avoid any possiblity of blowing myself and my neighbors sky high (or burning down the house).

......when, no matter how hard you try...ya' just cannot explain Chemotard to someone who has never been there!!! SV

• barbe1958
    edited September 2010

I'm pretty sure he understands the term now SV!! Why didn't he "touch base" with you the day of?? You know, like, hey, I"m starting to run at 9 am so I should see you at the finish line around 2.....doi on him too!

• flopsy
    flopsy Member Posts: 43
    edited September 2010

YKYACP  When your new baby hair stands straight up when walking by any air conditioning return and feels really weird.

You are browning hamburger meat and go to strain it without putting anything under the strainer to catch the hot grease.  Almost was a big disaster.  I can see having to explain to Rads Onc on Monday why my burns are not where he is treating!!!!----HAHA   Glad I did not get any on me!!!!!

• DesignerMom
    edited September 2010
    StillVertical-Oh I hope you are going "sailing under the stars" too.  Then I hope you will be "SometimesHorizontal" again, the absolutely best way to look at stars.  Wish on a few for all of us!
  • barbe1958
    edited September 2010

Don't be too horizontal, or you won't get the best view....nose hairs ain't the moon sweetie!

• angicpa
    angicpa Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW:

Your mother calls while you're loading the dishwasher, and during the conversation you take the dishes back out and put them in the cupboard.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited September 2010

LMAO  too funny

• squidwitch42
    squidwitch42 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited September 2010

too many funny ones!

SV--sailing under the stars, sounds so wonderful.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited September 2010

When you are watching a show on TV about the rediculous cost of cancer drugs.Even though the actual cost is only a fraction of what the big drug companies are charging.And you turn the show off before it makes you sick to your stomach.

• skigrl
    skigrl Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2010

When you drive back home, unpack the car, get ready to leave 2 hours later to pick up the kids at school and find you left the car running AGAIN and are now out of gas, not once, not twice, but three times now!!!

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited September 2010
    skigrl - I got a letter from AAA for excessive use. They wondered if I'm having car trouble. (Yeah, my car locked itself with the keys inside... and once it left the keys in the ignition with the radio on until its battery died... and yes, it ran out of gas a couple of times.)
  • jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

OMG - I didn't know you could get a letter for excessive use with AAA - that is hysterical. 

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    edited September 2010

skigirl- LMAO!!   I'm curious; what's the 'penalty' for excessive use??

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2010

OMG, i am ROTFLMAO-how in the world can anyone get hit by triple A for 'excessive use??" And to run out of gas by leaving the car running....these are just priceless.

I just had to post pix of me out sailing the great blue ocean today with David...and this is the pink medallion that he got for running for me in the 10K BC race.....the huge BC cancer run that i forgot all about bec of chemo brain!

.........you've sailed an area a thousand times and still find a way to "hit bottom" and freak your captain out! I hope all don't mind pix posts...I am just proud of them. Won't make a habit of it!

......you begin to notice that pesky "bugs" of the fall season steer clear of you....even flies and mosquitoes!! There is an upside to chemo....ummm. Sweet dreams all, SV

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited September 2010

SV please don't stop posting your pics.  I love seeing them.  I've never been sailing.  Looks like fun. 

Navy

• DesignerMom
    edited September 2010
    StillVertical-  Wow!  You rock!  I want to be you when I grow up.  LOVE the pictures!
  • mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2010

SV I love your pictures!!!  I have a niece that parked at Applebees, got her kids out of the car and had lunch.  She panicked when it was time to leave and she couldn't find her car keys so retraced her steps to the car and it was running.  She is just a dingbat, she doesn't have a good excuse like we do.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2010

Yes Barbe, I was being lazy, cp was for cancer patient. 

My D-i-law went 10 days over her due date with her little boy and he was only 7lbs 5ozs when born as opposed to 8+ they told her he would weigh a week before her due date. 

Do you know what gender the new one is yet?

Sheila.