Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• SandyMcFra
    SandyMcFra Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2010

That's hiliarious! 

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW- your greatest desire is to be completely drug-free....and the news seems to find countless people taking more and more recreational drugs (Paris Hilton!)

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2010

OUCH SV,  but al least you caught a piece of tail. ha ha.

YKYACPW  you have your first Zometa tx on Monday and your just able to get out a bed a few hours ago and still have a fever.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2010

hey mcbird good vibes headed your way

YKYACPW you catch yourself stroking your post-chemo beard Yell

• Firni
    Firni Member Posts: 521
    edited September 2010

Lady, your onc Rxd Retail Therapy??????  I'd love to go to him.  I do understand the being too tired to go tho.

Badger, you go shave that beard off right now!  Stroke your new chemo hair instead.  It's just like a baby's.

YKYACPW... your friend, who does not have BC, lifts her shirt in your back yard to show you her new bra because you might want to get one like it too.  

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited September 2010

haha Firni, I'm thinking about it...it's downy and colorless, and very soft...

• mcbird
    edited September 2010

Thanks Badger.  Darla

• mcbird
    edited September 2010

Firni, I just carry a pair of tweezers with me and when I feel one pop out I pluck the little sucker.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2010

YKYACPWhen.....................you become fascinated by your bald...............crotchEmbarassed Who can remember when.................they last saw it like that, let alone remembered how soft that area is w/out it's pelt?................And how fast do you fold over + how loud can you scream when someone walks in when you're really, really naked?

Sheila.

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2010

OMG SHEILA TOO HILARIOUS!!!

• squidwitch42
    squidwitch42 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited September 2010

When your morning hair is fashioned after "Heatmizer"

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited August 2013

SV...I laughed all the way through the second page of posts after yours...

YKYACPW ...after 2 months of trying to mail a letter, it at long last has an address on the envelope, a stamp and the return address...you seal the envelope and head for the post office only to find that it seems a bit light - you forgot to put the letter in the envelope.  Well, maybe tomorrow....(it will get there in time HBC)

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited September 2010

Just call me "Heat Miser!!- When you can't wait until you have enough hair you look like Heat Miser, but you already have the temp to qualify!!  (Thanks for bring back the memories- got a kick out of watching the musical sequence on YouTube!)

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW you are taking clothes out of the dryer and they are very static-y, and you realize you forgot to put a dryer sheet in AGAIN!  I must go get one of those 3 month stick-on fabric softeners!!

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW your new obsession is pixie haircuts.  Emma Watson and Halle Berry can pull it off- no problem, right?!

I wore long wigs all summer when it was 110 degrees and now that it's finally cooling off I'm ready to lose the wig and go natural- hahaha!!  Oh boy, gotta love the timing!

• JFV
    JFV Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2010

You're laying in bed reading a book.  All of a sudden you want that extra pillow.  You sit up look around for it.  Can't find it and a minute later you realize it's under your knees! 

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited September 2010

Almost one year from my last chemo and I can't cook anything without burning it. I was making a grilled cheese sandwich, walked away and found smoke in the kitchen. I still get easily sidetracked.  Told my son I was going to treat him like a greek god... burnt offerings. Even he didn't want my burnt sandwich.

Took my a while to figure out YKYACPW meant.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW....you go into surgery with the expectation of coming out even and find when you wake up an A cup on one side and a big B on the other...talk about lop sided. On a good note saw the plastic surgeon yesterday....surgery set for November to EVEN me up.

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited September 2010

When your friend who has bc too texts you, "ct today" and you assume she means ChemoTherapy and you pull over to call her because that wasn't the plan (or maybe it was the plan -- is it possible that you forgot your friend was starting chemo today?) only to learn that she meant she was having a CT scan.

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    edited September 2010

Leisa... that stinks!!  Imagine the discussion in the OR.... hmmm, looks good to me.... I don't know, the one looks a little bigger... nah, it's fine.....  OK, close 'er up!!  Not funny! 

YKYACPW you decide that it is easier to hang t-shirts up then to fold them!!!  LOL... (today was laundry day!!!)  My husband and kids are NOT going to be able to find their clothes!! 

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited September 2010

YKYACP.........when you stand at your front door hitting your "open" key and the door won't open, after about ten trys you realize you're trying to open your house door with your car keys.

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited September 2010
    Leanna-  They are lucky you are still doing laundry!  I knew a woman who hated folding laundry.  She had 3 kids and she bought each different color clothes.  She just left the pile in the basket and the kids would fish out their color.  One kid was blue, one green and one yellow.  And my son thinks I'm nuts!
  • Fearless_One
    Fearless_One Member Posts: 905
    edited August 2013

When you now think paying $ 4.00 for a small bag of organic lettuce really isn't that expensive.  (small price to pay to not take in those nasty pesticides)

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    edited September 2010

YKYACPW you panic because you can't find your glasses and you have to leave for work five minutes ago, and then your DH points out that you are wearing them.

......you are putting eyeliner on to disguise the fact that you have three eyelashes, and you close the right eye and poke yourself in the left eye with the liner pencil.

• Fearless_One
    Fearless_One Member Posts: 905
    edited September 2010

When you know the circumfrence of your head.

• Firni
    edited September 2010

Nice, Fearlessone.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2010

YKYACPWhen...................................you nearly blow up your kitchen because you turned on the gas stove and walked away w/out checking that it had lit itself.........then.............when you go to light another burner, there is a massive 'Whoooomp' as the free-ranging gas catches.

...................When you find yourself dog-paddling around your kitchen because the jug you wedged under the filtered water dispenser on the fridge door, quietly fills up and overflows for half an hour before you walk back in and suddenly realise you're not a guppy.

.................When you have to buy an 8ft stick to turn off the smoke alarm on the 12ft ceiling, which seems to go off every time you turn a cooking appliance on, even if you're boiling water.

Sheila.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited September 2010

Sheila, put down the stick and step away from the kitchen!!! 

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited September 2010
    DutchGirl: LMAO at your description of putting on makeup. I have done similar stuff, like starting to use a lip pencil as an eye liner and just staring at it and wondering why my eyeliner is pink? But I can't blame chemo brain. I did stuff like that before chemo!
  • Firni
    edited September 2010
    Sheila,  I'm afraid Barbe is right.  You might think about hiring a cook or maybe starting a raw diet Wink