Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    edited October 2010

.... You are looking for a mini pill sorter to carry your mid-day pills in your cute little purse. You might be sick but you still want to dress nice.

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited October 2010

Hah!  You can do it PJ!

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited October 2010

Was just sitting on the patio with my sister who is here from Louisiana and she had her phone in her lap.  It started to buzz because of incoming text message.  I told her her twat was vibrating, she said that might not be good, I said I wish mine would do something besides pink and stee,(stink and pee)  chemo brain.

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited October 2010

when you have a collection of pill organizers

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited October 2010

When you realize your face has become a blank slate upon which to apply makeup. You also discover that said blank slate takes much longer to apply makeup to.

My age spots are all disappering. Nice. 

GInger

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited October 2010

YKYACPWhen..................you have to keep one finger nail, preferably an index finger, at least half an inch long so that you can 'scoop' out the med of the hour from amongst all the other daily meds.

Sheila.

• flopsy
    flopsy Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2010

When the fuzzy hair that is coming in on your face is longer and darker than the hair on your head.   This hair is extending down my cheeks sort of like long fuzzy sideburns---YUK!

This is so not fair.  Anyone know if you can shave the fuzz off and it not come back.  I really do not want it to come back longer and darker like a man's beard.   Thanks for any info!!!!!

• flopsy
    edited October 2010

YKYACPW----During a trip to the local Drugstore you are buying Desitin and someone ask if you have a new grandchild and your answer is "No, it is for my underarm!" and they look at you sort of weird and wander off.   My Rad Onc recommended that I use Desitin or FLANDER'S BUTTOCKS OINTMENT SO I AM TRYING TO DECIDE IF HE THINKS MY UNDERARM SMELLS LIKE OR LOOKS LIKE A BUTT OR SUGGESTING I MAY NEED DEPENDS.  Maybe this can be my new deodorant.   HA-HA

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited October 2010

Ginza, shaving does not make hair grow or darken an anyone ever. Hair is dead. SHaving may make your skin smoother though.

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495
    edited October 2010

gin2ca, like many others, I had fuzz growing like sideburns and I shaved it off. I was posting on the hair hair hair thread at the time and several ladies were doing the same. Check out that thread.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited October 2010

when u don't remember if you took your Rx (antibiotic) and it was just 5 minutes ago!!!!

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited October 2010

when you want to JUMP FOR JOY because you FINISHED CHEMO TODAY!!!  Woo Hoo!!! 

16 rounds, 20 weeks - done!  I still have rads and a hyst/ooph, but I feel like I've reached a milestone!  :)

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2010

When you get nervous about any medical appt.

• Firni
    Firni Member Posts: 521
    edited October 2010

WOOOO    HOOOOOOOO  kittycat.  Congratulations on getting thru chemo!!!!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2010

Celebration kittycat!!!!!!!

• KittyDog
    KittyDog Member Posts: 656
    edited October 2010

way to go KittyCat. 

When the gift of chemo keeps on giving.  I had an allegic reaction to Cipro before my surgery Monday.  They think all my wierd reactions have been cause by chemo changing something in my blood.  Great.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 2010

Congratulations Kittycat!

KittyDog, allergies are caused by the response of you immune system to a substance that it decides doesn't belong, so it's not surprising that your immune system went nuts after being messed up by the chemo.

Leah

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2010

YKYACPW... you are happy to find out your throid biopsy is a cancer, a new primary (papillary) and NOT BC mets

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited October 2010

Ah crap o2b!! That's a bitch. I have papillary carcinoma in my breast. It's known as a slow growing cancer....

• o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2010

Good to hear that Barb!  I am just starting my 'research' on this new primary.  I am strangly not scared this time, maybe a little pissed off, but not scared.  Now I need to figure out how to tell my kids...

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136
    edited October 2010

Hurray for KittyKat!  I am 3 weeks behind you and probably looking at and ooph also.

• konakat
    konakat Member Posts: 499
    edited October 2010

You're peeved that now that your hair has grown back you have to take 20 minutes in the morning again to style it instead of just slapping on a wig.

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited October 2010

you are happy to see orange and black instead of pink

• flopsy
    edited October 2010

While working on one of your patients at work she knocks your wig off and then wants to try it on.  She has alopecia and liked the style.   I told her to give me her phone number and she could have it when my hair finishes growing back in.   It is a sad day when your wig looks better than your real hair ever did.  HA-HA!!!!!

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited October 2010

KittyKat:  Happy dance!!!

O2b: That sucks. Hang in there.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136
    edited October 2010

Too funny gin2ca!!

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited October 2010

O2B, Oh, crap.   You sound like you have  a great positive attitude.  I think the worst thing was telling my kids I had cancer...I feel your pain.  Good luck.

Kitty, YYYAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO. congrats.  The rads are a walk in the park.  Just a pain in the ass.

• littletower
    littletower Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2010

YKYACPW-you have EXACTLY the same hair as that young pitcher for the Giants. Wow, that's kick in the head. Wonder what products he uses?

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited October 2010

...when you can put your coffee cup in the microwave for a warm-up and then surprise yourself when you open the microwave to put something else in and find your coffee there a few minutes later!  :)

• Anne068
    Anne068 Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2010

Congrats Kitty Cat!!!!

Laughing